Imagines//The boondocks☾

By selenasbustier

Imagines of your fav domestic terrorist and cornrowed gangsta. All of the imagines are when the Freeman's are... More

↬when boy meets girl//Hiro
↬it's all about me//Huey
↬mind playing tricks on me//Huey
↬i wanna be down(1)//Riley
↬hat 2 da back//Huey
↬i wanna be down(2) //Riley
↬bring it all to me//Caesar
↬girls need love//Huey
↬i'm real//Rummy
↬if it isnt love//Huey&Riley
↬movin' on//Riley
↬lost without you//Ashley
↬love sosa(1)//Riley
↬my love is like...wo//Riley
↬ triggered//Huey
↬the lost tapes//Huey
↬honey//Riley

↬triggered(2)//Huey

2.4K 58 12
By selenasbustier

let's just get this started!!!! poems and writing from jhene, mariah, and rupi kaur

once the bus reached my stop, i practically ran off the bus. many thoughts flooded my mind, making me unable to control my own actions.

rather the going home to prepare i ran toward my hideout. it was in a park filled with open field and breathtaking scenery.

however, i always choose to climb further, passing the park and the trail layes out geforce visitors.

i climbed the abandoned hill, protected by a big and strong tree. i let my body sit against the branch of the tree.

i grabbed my backpack and took out the book that was huey's and sit it next to me. then i kicked my bag away from me.

i grabbed my knees and let them hug my chest. i couldn't help but let the rain fall from the clouds forming under my eyes.

i know this might seem dramatic to most, but i'm not one to EVER speak my inner thoughts. i only write about them in my poetry

and now i feel absolutely vulnerable now that my book is in the hands of the ones i hold strong feeling for.

i've always felt alone throughout my life. and letting someone see my vulnerability was one of my greatest fears.

i just can't do it.

i retrieved my bag and ripped a page from my math notebook. i did what i knew best and let my emotions flow through a pen, that was tucked in the side of my bag.

Attention is expensive to pay
I can't get by on minimum wage (no)
Been dealing with this venomous rage
Since I was under the age
I've been under the influence of pain
And I never needed nobody
Never needed no one
No, I don't need nobody, nobody, nobody
I don't need no one, shit, I don't need no one

-nobody

i closed my eyes, letting the sun comfort me. it's rays hugging me, making me feel warm.

"y/n? are you okay?"

"hello?"

"y/n, wake up"

someone shook me awake. i let me eyes slowly reveal themselves.

only to show the last person i wanted to see.

"are you okay?" he asked, he was bent to my  level.

i let my eyes wander to the sky.that know shows that the sun was setting. i nodded toward him and began to grab my bag.

"um, i think this is your book. must have grabbed the wrong one earlier" he said, holding it out to me.

"oh, thanks. did you happen to...."

"no i didn't read your book. i saw your name in the first page"

i let a sigh of relief escape my mouth, "i didn't read yours either". i handed him his book.

"thanks" he placed it in the ground and sat next to me.

"so, you wanna tell me why you never showed up for your math help?" he raised his left eyebrow.

i faced away from him and rubbed my eyes. how can i tell him about the panic attack i just had over a book?

"does it have anything to do with that book?" he pressed, letting a little sympathy slip in his voice.

damn him for being so smart.

"yeah, i just prefer people not to read them. they are really personal and not the best quality" i confessed to him. for reason, i couldn't hold it in anymore.

"i understand, but i'm sure they aren't bad. i mean our teacher is always praising your work" he recalled.

i chuckled and looked back at the sunset. i could still feel his eyes burning into my soul.

"how about you read one something from my book and i'll read one of your poems? i won't tell anyone what it said"

i looked back at him and couldn't understand why he wanted to see what i hid behind the hardcover, red, book.

"sure" i compromised and decided to let him in. i passed him my book, feeling a great weight relive its self into my chest.

he opened it to a random page and read it out loud.

"It wasn't raining yet
But it was definitely
A little misty on
That warm November night
And my heart was pounding
My inner voice resounding
Begging me to turn away
But I just had to see your face
To feel alive
And then you casually walked in the room
And I was twisted in the web
Of my desire for you
My apprehension blew away
I only wanted you
To taste my sadness
As you kissed me in the dark"

he looked up at me, "that's beautiful y/n" he spoke with a soft voice. a rare thing to expect from huey freeman.

i smiled, letting my guard down, i even let a chuckle emerge from my mouth.

"thank you, that means a lot coming from you" i grabbed his book and landed and a random page.

"i hardened under the last loss.

it took something human out of me.

i used to be so deeply emotional i'd crumble on demand.

but now the water has made its exit. of course i care about the ones around me.

i'm just struggling to show it. a wall is getting in the way.

i used to dream of being so strong nothing could shake me. now. i am. so strong.

that nothing shakes me. and all i dream is to soften"

i closed the book slowly and looked up at him.

"huey, it's one of my best i've ever read. you have a great talent" i rest my hand on his shoulder.

he closed his eyes. he looked hypnotized by a special trance, " i know how you feel" i let myself speak up.

he opened his mind controlling eyes and they looked at me.

"i had a brother pass away back in my home Atlanta. i closed myself off and became so tough that it frightens me to let others in" i admitted.

" my parents passed away before i moved here. in chicago, and i guess my brother and i handle it in different ways. i don't let emotion seep in. He follows in the stereotypical black path of self destruction" the first i think he's admitted pain in a long time.

"you have me! i'll listen to you any day"

he grabbed my hand and said, " and i will too. you need me as much as i need you"

and with that, i leaned and guided my lips to connect with his. he was following my exact movements.

i know it's a cliche but it felt like a million fireworks set off in my stomach.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.9K 1.6K 22
Last time you read my first book, Huey and Jazmine FINALLY got together and Cindy told Riley she was in love with him. Read how their lives have chan...
84.3K 1.9K 40
"No one loves me,so why bother,Huey?" "Cause unlike those stereotypical idiots,I see you...for you." I had to run away.I couldn't take my dad being n...
1.9K 44 9
Your favorite domestic terrorist, soon to be a fugitive, is being stalked by the government. A man named Noah Thorn is ordered to watch over Huey and...
28.3K 1K 52
The Freemans' lives are turned around from a lottery ticket win and a girl with nowhere to go. Huey, Riley, and now Ebony? Will they and their friend...