Loving The Liar

By Aruvi_R

Previously known as 'My Identity'. Dangerous, whip-smart and drop dead gorgeous Aadhya had a goal to reach, f... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39 (Last chapter)

Chapter 8

403 57 5
By Aruvi_R

Sitting up straight on the hospital bed, I pushed the sheets off me. The room was dark and cold, which was a good surrounding to go deep into the sleep.

Veer had brought me back to the hospital six hours ago. We spent some awkward time together thanks to the question he asked me. When he'd asked me the same question yesterday, I'd frankly answered him that I don't trust him, but today, I was hesitant to repeat that, thanks to my dreams.

Now, when he was finally in his deep slumber on the couch besides by bed, I couldn't sleep. Instead I kept tossing around on the bed, unable to sleep. My heart and mind weren't shutting up, so that I could sleep peaceful.

I replayed Veer's question in my mind, which was more like a statement as if he knew what I felt.

'You don't trust me, do you?' This was what he'd asked me on the terrace. After he said that, I slowly pulled myself away from him and stared him for some time before silently making my way back to the rrom

I didn't let a word slip off my tongue since I, myself didn't knew what should I answer and wasn't ready to create any more mess with the only person I have for now. I assumed that he also understood this since he didn't keep pushing it over.

I searched for my slippers in the dark, but didn't found one. Pulling up myself together, I straightened out the hospital gown. Deciding to walk bare footed, I marched out of the room without making any sound. I had heard some staff saying about the garden on the ground floor.

Knowing where I wanted to go, I entered into the elevator. The hospital wasn't that large. It was just a three storey building and was more like an experimental hospital cause, except myself, I hadn't seen a single other patient.

The doors of the elevator opened with a ping sound, reminding me to walk out. I saw the garden, twenty yards away from the building.

As I stepped out of the building, a wave of cold breeze hit me. Automatically, my hands embraced my body, hugging myself and rubbing my palms over my forearms, to produce some heat. As if the chilled breeze wasn't enough, the ice floor like cool grass sent chills down my spine. But it felt good. I then realized that I loved cool surroundings. Maybe, then winter season would've been my favourite, I thought. It actually felt very weird to keep guessing what I myself liked or didn't like in the past.  Settling over the nearby bench was only idea I had for now.

As I calmly sat on the cold bench, bathing under the moonlight. Pulling my knees up and hugging them, I fixed my gaze on a distant star, asking myself why I'd came out. To clear my mind.

What will you clear when it is already cleared? Is there any data in it?

My subconscious mind mocked me.

I seriously started feeling that it was a bad idea to walk out alone, anywhere, in the place I wasn't well aware of. But I just did it, cause for now there was no place I was anyhow well aware of.

I turned my head and looked around only to see that no one was there around. The place was dead silent. Of course, it had to be dead silent at one thirty at night. But it didn't felt dangerous at all to stay there alone.

I could bet that this place was outside the city. There were trees and only trees surrounding the hospital and no human settlement. I'd seen that clearly from the terrace.

Relaxed over the bench, I tried to enjoy the moment in the chilled environment. Even if I didn't remember anything, what all happened in these two days were more than enough to leave me sleepless.

I then recalled a name, something like, Erica Andrews, yeah, Erica right from my third dream. Now I guessed that I had to find her for more information about what I worked for. But there was a doubt. Dies this Erica, from one of my dreams even exists? If there wasn't any Erica Andrews, then that would mean whatever dreams I'd seen weren't true, except my first dream, the nightmare.

No matter who existed or who didn't, I shouldn't completely trust those dreams, I warned myself. I had to know more about myself by cross checking those dreams.

Then my thoughts started to focus on Veer and his lies. Veer said that we were going to get married. That didn't fit anywhere in the story that my dreams were telling me. I got to know how we me, though I wasn't sure if it was just as he said or he was again lying. I got to know from the fourth dream that I used to love him, which, I couldn't stop myself from believing it. I got to know that I was lying to him about me and I was or wasn't going to kill him.

But then, I couldn't point out any loophole, because of which Veer is lying to me. Did I posses something he needed? I was stabbed and shot, and I knew who did that to me, or at least, I thought that I knew, then why was he keeping me here? Did he do something bad that I got to know and so he's making it sure that I don't recall anything? Even Kabir was asking Veer what wrong he'd done.

Why was Veer being such a charming and attractive mystery?

Drowning in my deep thoughts, I missed to see who was standing beside me until, I was pulled up by my hands and two arms were tightly wrapped around me.

"Aadhya, idiot, you scared the hell out of me." Veer mumbled in a breathless voice and then pulled away, only to hold my face closer to his with both of his hands.

"Don't ever leave like this, okay?" Veer told me and embraced me again.

I couldn't say anything since my face was pressed against his chest but I hummed in response. He was scared of me leaving him? I pulled myself out of his arms and faced him. He looked like he was frantically searching for me for some time. There was concern on his face and a different like of fear in his eyes.

By then, I had determined that today I need answers, not all, but few.

Anyways, I'm going to ask only answers for my two three questions, and not his Aadhar card number or bank details that he'd refuse to tell.

"I'm tired.." Hearing only these two words of mine, Veer started reacting.

"Then , why are you here? You should be resting Aadhya. You are..." Veer stopped rambling when I completely separated myself away from him and kept at least two feet distance between us

"I'm tired of the games you are playing with me and memories, Veer. I'm tired of forcing my mind to justify your actions and your lies." I confessed, keeping my face expressionless and taking one more step back.

Veer seemed to be taken aback because of my words. He then took a step forward and reached out for my hand, but I slapped his hand away.

Focus on getting answers out of him in any hook or crook way. My mind yelled and I was going to follow its command.

I brushed him off when he tried to pacify me.

"All I need is answers, Veer. Don't you get it. Why can't you understand how I'm feeling from inside. The feeling of emptiness because of no memories is eating my mind away, Veer. Please don't say all that shit that you are trying to protect me cause once I come to know everything I can protect myself." I yelled out my frustration and watched his expressions changing from soft concerned to irked ones.

"If you say so then I should believe that you can protect yourself, shouldn't I?"

He made a sarcastic remark mocking me. Suddenly he grabbed me by my elbow and pulled me towards him, sneaking his arms around my waist. He thumb lightly caressed my right cheek, turning it red. Now I realized how much his touch affected me, cause I'd lost all my control over my body because of his hands around my waist and the intensity in his eyes. The way he stared me made me feel those butterflies in my stomach again.

"Your calling me liar Aadhya? Okay, I agree that I lied about few things. But then I don't see how to believe your lie since you are in this condition because you couldn't protect yourself. But I know that I can. I know that how much tricky and manipulative you are, but that would never work on me Aadhya."

As Veer spoke, his challenging eyes shone brightly. I could see the smirk on his face which I badly wanted to slap off from his face, but, he was right. I struggled out of his arms and glared him. Wait, didn't he call me tricky and manipulative?

"You should've known that you could never over smart me Aadhya." He asserted. But I never had any idea of over smarting him. He was taking everything in wrong direction.

God! Look at his ego.

That was the time when he shoved a book in my hands. Not any book but then one I wrote my dreams. Shit! I should have been more careful. Again, my whole appearance changed from a tigress to little cat as I started chewing my nails looking at the notepad. This means he knows what all I know and how much. This means he'd again try to stop me.

I wanted to yell at him but no words came out of my mouth. Instead, I sat back on the bench, not facing him. Again I was being stupid for asking it but before I could control my tongue few words left my mouth.

"Veer, you won't even properly answer my single question?" I asked meekly.

In response, Veer surprised me by kneeling in front of me. He held my both hands in his and this time I let him to. He looked into my eyes and nodded saying only one question.

"Why do you want to protect me?"

Out of so many questions, you asked this one? Really Aadhya? My subconscious mind cursed me, but I ignored it.

I guessed that he wasn't expecting this question since his expressions were beyond stunned. He might have thought that I would ask about something related to me. But I know that I can get to know everything related to me but him. He was silent for a very long moment before speaking up.

"Cause I feel guilty. I feel like I'm the cause of everything happened to you that night. Only if you hadn't tried to save me, you would have succeeded in your plan. I was no one to you but still you decided to save me because you don't hurt innocents or the one who have never committed any sort of crime. You only hurt the people who deserved to be. You said that it was you work. You trusted me so much Aadhya." Veer told me, carefully watching me to see how I was taking the new piece of information.

And still there was something missing in his confession. I knew that, no, I strongly felt that.

But that meant I used to hurt people? The thought made me gag. It was true that I had a dream indicating it but hearing someone telling that you were a sick person makes you feel like better you were dead instead of hearing it.

Even if people deserved to be hurt, its not my right to do anything to them. People say karma is bitch. Then they will be punished by their own karma and destiny. Who was I to do anything to them?

But what does it means that it was my job. Like killing the one committing crime or criminals.

That's when everything clicked in my mind. Me searching for evidences, killing criminals, in contact with police and having all databases. Was I a cop? What the hell? Where did this combination came from?

A cop and a killer?

All these thoughts made me more stressed and my head started throbbing like someone was constantly hitting me. I tightly gripped Shivaay's hand and leaned in to keep my head over his shoulder as my vision blurred. I held my head with both my hands pressing against it.

"Take me back home."

That was all I whispered after my eyelids finally decided to close off.

*_*_*_*_*_

2142 words.

I'm very much sorry if this track is boring but I promise that it will become interesting once the twist I have planned happens.

Till then pls keep supporting.

Vote"comment"follow

Aruvi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.9K 3.8K 43
Once upon a time there was a beautiful woman lived in a beautiful village. she was known for her beauty , innocence and devotion . They called her...
7.6K 638 18
. || सर्वस्यापि भवेद्धेतुः || 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓸𝓼𝓶𝓲𝓬 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰; 𝓷𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓼 𝓻...
53.5K 3.3K 48
I sat there looking at my reflection in the mirror all ready to be married. That was not the only thing I was ready for. "Aadya the groom ran away...
2.3K 161 19
Book #2 of series 'GAME OF DESTINY'. Madhav Rathore, 29 year old businessman who is known for his dedication and hardwork for his family business. He...