Call the Doctor!

Por kim_mus2

Shin Minhee, a young pediatrician working for the famous hospital in town, suffered from love deficiency. Par... Más

Author's Talk
2. It's too easy to fall for you
3. I should not keep this feeling
4. Why do I have to notice this ghost?
5. New invisible friends
6. What am I? Another weird creature?
7. Sleepless night - paid off
8. Time for revealing some truths
9. Non-human's troubles
10. I think I'm ready for love
11. Now, I remember
12. Let's put things back together
13. Resuming our happy life
14. Uncles' protection
15. Re-opened wound
16. The night of goodbye
17. The bad boy in him
18. You are mine
19. Heart-to-heart
20. The wanted boy - Part 1
20. The wanted boy - Part 2
20. The wanted boy - Part 3
20. The wanted boy - Part 4
20. The wanted boy - Part 5
21. The twisted girl - Part 1
21. The twisted girl - Part 2
22. It's the time - Part 1
22. It's the time - Part 2
23. The always loving girl
24. The man with secrets
25. Coming back to you

1. I'm Luhan, call me?

1.3K 37 18
Por kim_mus2

Sitting in the back seat of the bus at 9 in the evening was all Minhee had been doing right after finishing her work at the hospital, these past 2 months. Yeah, she was new at her work. But, so far, she loved it anyway. She loved children, and pediatrician was just the best job for her.

As boring as it could be when you sat alone in the bus, all Minhee could do was just listening to the music - her earbuds were on, and checking up on her phone in case someone's left a message or something. But then a scene in front of her was distracting. Her phone was neglected instantly.

"Mom! I'll take Kyungsoo oppa to meet you soon. I'm so excited to introduce him to you and dad!" A girl sitting in the seat right in front of Minhee squealed with her girly dolphin voice. She couldn't careless of how world might judge her. She was a girl in love, indeed.

"Oh! He is definitely my style, mom! You won't be disappointed. He is a talk-less-do-more type. Seriously, he is too fabulous to describe. I really want to marry him, mom. What should I do?" The girl sounded so desperate talking about her boy to her mom, Minhee was really bemused with it. This evening bus ride was much more interesting than the other days before. Fresh yet free entertainment was there.

"Really? You will arrange for my marriage soon? Aaahhh! Mom! You are the best! Alright then, see you mom. Can't wait to come back home with Kyungsoo oppa!"

Oops! The entertainment was ended too soon.Well, Minhee had to go back to her phone then. So, she checked her notification and there she finally found some new messages. As expected, all of them were just from her mom. And most of them just the reminding for her to eat on time and to rest well. But still, those messages were precious. Even though she couldn't speak to her mom excitedly like the girl from before, to think that her busy mom working as a merchant all day could spare her time to contact her daughter was really something to be grateful for. Minhee was happy just with that.

After a bus stopped for a shortwhile, three girls wearing business attire - perhaps they worked in a company, were entering the bus. They kept chattering on just about everything. Noisy? That was for sure. If all people there were not too tired to argue after long hours of working, those girls might be kicked out of the bus. Really bothersome. However, it wasn't for Minhee. Those girls were her new entertainment to kill the time. So, she watched them talking all along.

"Girls! Guess what?" A black-haired girl suddenly stood up from her seat.

"What?" The other two girls gave her the boring look.

"Baekhyun proposed to me today! Yayyy!" The girl exclaimed. Her eyes were bright, full with imaginary fireworks.

"Oh my god! For real?" The first friend of her seemed to be so surprised. She cupped her mouth, perhaps resisting herself from squealing.

However, reacted differently to the news, the second friend just rolled her eyes and said, "So, he is a man, huh? Never thought he could do that." But, it's clear that she was happy for her friend.

"Look at my ring, girls!"

"Aaaaa! Seriously! Congratulations! Oh my god! Which dress should I wear to your wedding?"

"Just buy the new one. Your wardrobe is full of shabby gowns. I know it."

"Hey! They are not shabby! You are shabby!"

"Owh, I'm not. I got a boyfriend. But you?"

"I just haven't met the right guy! I'm not shabby, you broccoli hair!"

"What? You dare cursing my new hair style, huh?"

"Hey! Stop it you guys! We are on the bus! Everybody's watching!"

Listening to those girls bickering with each other, Minhee just shook her head and chuckled silently then threw her stare outside the windows, as the bus taking her kept going. Those girls really made her miss the old days with her best friends, who were kind of difficult to be contacted these days. You know, job just occupied everyone's life. There seemed to be no time for merely sending a short message or chatting through SNS account for a short while. Then again, a long distance just couldn't help at all.

.

***

.

"Stay healthy Kangjun! High five!"

Sending her little patient with his parents away, Minhee cheerfully high-fived the little boy's tiny hands making him giggling and being jumpy in his mother embrace.

"Thank you for taking care of my son, doc. We'll take our leave then." The mother managed to slightly bow her head at Minhee, despite the difficulty. Talking about carrying a 2 year-old hyperactive kiddie.

"It's my pleasure, ma'am. Bye bye Kangjun!"

Being too happy and energetic after having one patient go home healthily, Minhee rotated in 180 degree, ready to take a stomp to head back for her room. But, something was blocking her in a blink of eyes. Well, well, it wasn't, something. It was, someone. It was a pretty boy wearing jeans, tee, cap and cool black shades, in case you want it to be detailed. But poor that boy, his back and butt had to feel the hard yet cold floor. Please forgive Minhee, her strength was out of question sometimes.

"A-a-aaouch!" The boy whimpered while trying to get up. Seeing him struggling, Minhee immediately came to his rescue, extending her hand and pulled the boy up.

"I'm sorry. Are you okay?" Minhee then checked on this boy's condition from head to toe. Minhee was worried if he was scratched somewhere due to the bump.

"Umm, everything is fine." The boy said awkwardly, his hand rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh! And here's your bag." Minhee took the boy's bag on the floor and handed it to him. Just couldn't stop there, being as attentive as she was, Minhee also took the boy's cap and put it on his head.

"And, your cap." Minhee smiled, satisfied with everything she had done. She was totally oblivious to how the boy was fluttered by her gesture.

"Oh! Are you a doctor here?" The boy suddenly came up with a sudden question after realizing the white long coat Minhee was wearing. His eyes seemed to be sparkling, full with hope and excitement.

"I am. Why?" Minhee answered smoothly. The boy couldn't help but smiling after knowing her identity. She would be such a good help for him, he thought.

"Could you please tell me the way to the operating room number 281? I need to be there soon!" The boy admitted. He looked serious with what he said. His expression could tell it right away.

Beyond the boy's prediction, right after he told what he needed to do, Minhee immediately grabbed the boy's hand and dragged him with her.

"Come on! Follow me!"

The situation was quite strange for the boy as he and Minhee walked fast together through the corridor with their hand linking with each other. Yes, it felt strange, weird, or whatever. But, somehow, it just felt right. The warmth, the softness, the squeeze, all of them were just so much comforting. The boy just smiled as he looked at his hand, wondering if he was allowed not to let go of this girl's hand ever.

"It is the room you are looking for." Minhee said as she was panting and wiping away the sweat on her forehead with the back of her left hand.

"Thanks." The boy said as he eyed his and Minhee's hands which still stayed in place.

"Oh! I'm sorry!" Minhee let go of the boy's hand in surprise. It was embarrassing for her. She didn't even know when she held his in her hand.

"Thank you and see you again, miss!"

Fortunately, the boy swiftly bowed and entered the operating room. He must have a significant reason for going into that room so easily, but Minhee was just too oblivious about that at the moment. She was still so absorbed with her embarrassment for what she did earlier. The fact that she was holding hands with stranger and how natural she could do that with him made her groaned.

"Arrggh! That was so silly of me! I must be thinking of him as one of my children patients. I must be too tired, today. I have to take some rest. Yeah, definitely have to."

And so, Minhee went back to her office while self-talking and massaging her temple lightly.

.

***

.

Finished checking on some hospitalized children's condition, Minhee finally had her time to breathe to the fresh air as she was sitting in the park bench placed in the courtyard, right in front of her office. As no one was around, she leisurely stretched her arms and legs out while whimpering like a cute puppy. She was tired, no doubt about that. Her body was all stiff. Besides, it was a boring day all along for her. No fellow doctors to talk to. She was still too awkward to socialize and this awkwardness everytime she met another doctor just drained her energy out.

"Hello." Someone sat on another side of the bench. Minhee immediately went to her normal position as she noticed that. Legs and hands were all stiff, again. The pleasure of stretching all limbs was all gone.

"Oh! You again. Was everything going well?" Minhee asked as she recognized the face of the boy sitting beside her. It was the boy from just now in the morning.

"Yeah. Thanks to you." The boy said, his warm and handsome smile was there.

"It's nothing, really haha." Minhee then replied absentmindedly and forced an akward laugh in the end.

Out of the blue, the boy suddenly asked Minhee if he could borrow her phone. Thanks to that, Minhee didn't need to continue her unnatural laughing session.

"Can I borrow your phone?"

"Wanna make a call?" Minhee asked just to make sure what he wanted to do. In the end, she was going to lend him anyway. She was just asking.

"Yes! Can I?" The boy tilted his head to the side and smiled sweetly. Well, indeed, there was no way of not lending this boy her phone if he did those little hypnotizing gestures.

"Oh sure. Here."

Having Minhee's phone in his hand, the boy did something with the phone - perhaps entering the phone number, then made a call. No longer after, not even a minute, he ended the call without talking to anybody else in another line. To Minhee's surprise, the boy then took out another phone from his jeans pocket! He had a phone with him! And it was working well!

"Hey! What did you do to my phone? You have one there!" Minhee pointed at another white phone the boy was holding with his left hand.

"Just saving my number. It's Luhan there." The boy, or we may call him Luhan, grinned as he handed Minhee's phone back.

"I'm afraid I didn't need your number." Minhee told him, quite unsure of how to respond to this boy's action.

"You've helped me a lot today and I want to return your favor. So, just call me whenever you need something, alright?" Luhan slowly got up from his seat. He adjusted his backpack and cap afterwards.

"But, I didn't help much." Minhee denied, for Luhan's offer to return her deed back was a bit too much for her.

"Trust me! You did!" Luhan tried to assure her. But, Minhee just raised her eyebrows. She seriously didn't know in what part she was considered very helpful to him. As far as she could remember, she just helped him reached the operation room. What came after, she didn't know a thing.

"It's getting late. I think I should go now." It seemed like Luhan was in a hurry. However, Minhee just couldn't let him slip away so easily when she was left with no idea of who he actually was.

"Wait! Who are you actually? Why coming to operating room just now?" The question was so straightforward. Minhee couldn't help it. A boy in hip-hop style outfit entering the operating room was just out of ordinary. Even though It's not like he would go yo yo yo inside the room, his coming to that room was still questionable.

"I'm Xi Luhan, a new-transferred surgeon from China." He extended his hand for a handshake.

"Oh! And, I'm Minhee." Nervously as she was still being shocked for knowing Luhan's real identity, Minhee took a hold of his hand and introduced herself.

"Pediatrician, aren't you?" Good guess.

"I am." Minhee confirmed.

"Alright then. See you tomorrow Minhee!"

With that, Luhan took his step to leave and waved his hand at Minhee. A smile adorned his handsome face. Unconsciously, Minhee too waved back at Luhan and a smile crept up her peach lips. Luhan's smile was contagious. Minhee secretly loved that fact about him. Maybe she finally would get a friend in this hospital? Who knew? Let's see how things turned out then.

.

- To be continued -

.

A.N:

No matter what happens to Luhan now, I will keep writing about him because I still love him :")

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1.8K 95 18
"His name is LuHan" Chen tells him and the taller ones face softens slightly. "Where are you from?" He asks me and he sits on the table like he was b...
22.1K 1.4K 45
Byun Baekhyun was one of the well known doctors at the most renowned hospital in Seoul. He had achieved his dream of being a doctor and lived comfort...
2.3K 180 12
Oh Sehun hates troublesome situations and likes simple and non-complicated things Xi Luhan a cute chinese boy with the worst luck and easily falls i...
53.7K 1.6K 29
My name is Do AeMi. But just call me Aemi. Who am I? Just your ordinary crazy fangirl for the one and only group EXO. I'm hella good at telling stori...