Where Do I Belong (a Liam Pay...

By Hattie_and_Ellie

[COMPLETED] "I've been looking for the answer to this question for so long now, but I can't find it. I mean... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen, Part One
Chapter Fifteen, Part Two
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen, Part One
Chapter Eighteen, Part Two
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Author's Messages

Chapter Twenty

32.5K 567 49
By Hattie_and_Ellie

A mid-week update for you all :) We really wanted to get something up and not keep you waiting for an update, so yeah, it's pretty short compared to most of out chapters but that's just cos finding time is almost impossible with homework etc.

So enjoy guys!! H&E!! Please vote/comment toooo <33

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Olivia's P.O.V~

For most of the morning, I had just been helping Maria pack up her suitcase. Neither of us were wanting to do it, so a lot of the time, we ended up delaying by chatting about everything and anything.

"Maria, I don't want you to go!" I finally complained with a weak voice. I mean seriously, who was I going to spend my time with after she had left. Yeah the guys were still here, but Liam would be around them most of the time, it would just be awkward.

At that thought, I immediately remembered that the boys would be here shortly to take Maria to the airport.

"I don't want to leave either! Well, even though I really miss my Giovanni. Oh, and my job! But I will miss you so bad too." She pulled me into a bone crushing hug. Both of us were so pathetic, just sat on the spare bedroom floor, nearly in tears as we stayed locked in a tight embrace.

As soon as we calmed down a little, and after I stifled a sniffle, several knocks sounded on the front door.

"Oh god, One Direction are here!!" Maria stood up and skipped to the door with me following closely, but a lot less enthusiastically, behind her.

But before she opened the door, with just her hand resting on the handle, Maria turned to look at me worriedly.

"Are you gonna be ok? Liam's going to be with them." I knew he was just on the other side of this door, but I would just have to be brave.

I nodded, trying to seem as confident as possible whilst putting on a fake smile. Somehow, she fell for my poker face and smiled back at me before she finally opened the door to reveal five sets of eyes staring back at us.

The five boys made their way into my apartment one by one. Louis was first and tackled Maria into a hug. He then made his way over to me. Harry then Niall followed and each gave Maria a little hug. Zayn was next in, as Harry and Niall had just greeted me. I was feeling pretty comfortable right now. These boys were great, they were always so happy and carefree and I guessed it had rubbed off on me.

But then, from the corner of my eye, I noticed that familiar sandy brown mop of hair, that perfectly tones body, and then those gorgeous chocolate brown eyes. He looked so lost, so awkward. His shoulders were slightly hunched and his hands were stuffed into his pocket. But even with him looking so vulnerable, the simple presence of Liam infront of my had my chest tightening. I felt the air being sucked from my lungs and my legs were left trenbling. The room around me seemed to spin and I felt a sick feeling filling the pit of my stomach.

Liam slowly trudged into the room last, giving Maria a small smile before he hesitantly lifted his head to look at me.

I immediately dropped my eye contact with his brown gems. It was too overwhelming. All the confidence I had previously felt was completely gone as the reality of him being so close to me again set in.

I wasn't ready to see him. I wasn't ready to hear what he had to say.

"So you all packed and ready to go?" Louis broke the awkward silence and I gave him a halfhearted smile, thanking him. Louis nodded once before turning back to Maria.

I could feel Liam's gaze still on me but I couldn't bring myself to look back at him.

"Yeh, let me just go and get my things." Maria replied to Lou but at the same time pulled me by the wrist, taking me with her to the spare room.

"What's happening back there? Are you two gonna speak?" She look at me concerned, but I just kept my gaze stuck to the ground.

"I don't know Maria!" I hadn't meant to reply so defensively as I threw my hands into the air, but I was really struggling to make a decision.

"Honey, look, don't rush it. If you can't do it just yet, wait until you know you're ready to hear what he has to say." She placed her hand gently on my shoulder as she spoke.

"There's are problem with that though." I replies softly as Maria looked at me in confusion.

"I don't think I'll ever be ready. I don't think we'll be able to sort things out. Maria, I think we might be over."

The room fell silent, with just the slight laughter and talking coming from the boys in the living room.

"Livvy don't say that. You are not over. Both of you love each other! You can't be over!" She looked as if she was going to cry, which was strange seeing as this was my relationship on the line, not hers.

"Well, I might need some more time alone to think."

"Sure."

"Maria?" She bit her lip a little, obviously a little nervous about what I had to say next.

"I'm going to go to stay with my mum." She looked at me with her mouth open, but nothing came out. Looks like I had to make things a little clearer.

"As soon as you leave, I'm packing to stay with my mum up near Doncaster for a while. I need to get away from here. So please don't get upset when I say I won't be going with you to the airport. I'll wave you off from here, but when the boys take you, I'll be packing."

"I'm not upset, you have to do this. If it means you can think, then do it. But do the boys know." Maria eyed me suspiciously causing me to squirm uncomfortably.

"No I haven't told them. I won't be telling them. If I go, they'll just end up coming after me."

"Oh. Well please take care of yourself when I'm gone. I love you." Maria pulled me in for a hug, her expression was sympathetic the whole time.

"I know things will work out. Just be patient-." Maria started to talk but was interrupted by a light knock on the door.

"You girls ready?" Louis looked at us both expectantly.

"Yes, but there's been a change of plan. I won't be coming with you to drop Maria off, I think things would get a little too emotional for all of you guys to witness." I looked at him seriously but tried to add a little smile at the end.

"Oh really? Well, ok then. Anyway, we should head on out." Lou looked a little surprised but shrugged it off.

I followed Maria and Louis back to the others waiting at the front door.

"You ready?' Harry beamed.

"Yep. But Olivia's gonna stay here instead of coming to te airport. You know, there will be a lot of tears and mushy hugs otherwise."

The boys looked at me with funny grins before letting out a few chuckles.

"Haha right. Lets be off then." Harry finally said before I pulled Maria into one last hug.

"Remember, no one else knows about the trip to my mums, only you. I will miss you Maria, thanks for eerything." I whispered softly as Maria nodded back. We stayed embraced like this until one of the boys cleared their throat.

"Right yeah sorry, um Maria I should let you all go now." I blushed a little before letting them all leave through the door one by one. But someone stayed a little longer in my apartment that they should have done.

Liam stood awkwardly in my doorway, shifting from one foot to the other. Was he going to say something?

I grimaced slightly, preparing to hear his velvet voice. But it never came. I looked up to see Liam's eyes watering, his lips pressed into a straight line. Then he let out one last sigh before jogging after the others, leaving me alone in my apartment once again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Liam's P.O.V~

What the hell was I doing? Was I trying to speak to her or not? I yelled at myself for not being brave enough and for probably confusing the situation with Olivia even more.

I hadn't seen her in nearly a whole week, and as soon as Maria had opened the apartment door revealing them both, my legs were already trembling. Olivia had such a confused expression and her body was tense. Yet she looked as beautiful as ever.

Her hazel eyes sparkled and her luscious locks swept their way down to her inviting hips. I just wanted to hold her in my arms again an feel the warmth from her body, spread to mine.

"You ok mate?" Harry asked me as we drove to the airport. Of course I wasn't ok. I just had an opportunity to apologise to my perfect girlfriend (if she was still willing to be that), and I had messed it up. The words never found their way out.

"Harry I've messed up." I said quietly as I looked out the window onto the rainy streets of London.

"Mate, you'll work it out between you. Just give it some more time."

But I didn't want to waste any more time. That was the problem.

After we waved Maria off, all of us giving her hugs, we rushed back to the car before the media and fans showed up.

"Lou, could you stop by at Olivia's again. I'm going to talk to her."

Louis looked at me through the mirror and nodded.

We arrived moments later and I jumped from the car, ignoring the rain as it pelted the ground and soaked through my clothes.

I reached the apartment and knocked on the door. Nobody opened it.

I knocked again, a little louder and harder. Maybe she knew it was me. I didn't bother ringing her knowing that she'd ignore it.

I searched around the space around her door hoping to find a spare key. I looked in the light on the wall, under the door mat, then inside the plant pot beside her door. Aha, there it was.

Pulling the key from the plant pot, I went to open the door. She would probably hate me even more but I needed to speak to her. I heard the door unlock as I turned the key and stepped into the apartment.

Everything seemed so untouched and peaceful. It was all arranged the same as this morning but it still seemed different at the same time.

"Olivia? It's Liam. I want to speak to you now." I made myself apparent in her apartment, but she didn't reply.

I walked over to her closed bedroom door and walked in. Maybe she was listening to her iPod or in the shower.

"Olivia?" On walking in, I noticed the stillness of the room. Something wasn't right.

I walked over to her bathroom and pushed the door open gently.

She wasn't in the apartment.

I walked back to her room and spotted that her guitar was missing. Then I noticed how her draws and wardrobes were open and a lot of clothes seemed to be missing. I suddenly remembered that her toothbrush was also missing from the bathroom. Olivia was gone?

I rushed out of her apartment closing the door and returning the key as I left. As soon as I was down, I ran straight for the apartment block garage. Her car was gone.

Shit. My hands were running through my hair as I tried to make sense of what was going on.

"Liam mate, what's up?!" I turned to see Louis and Harry making their way towards me, obviously they were about to come up an get me.

"Mate you're shaking! What's going on?" Louis put his hands on my shoulders as he forced me to look at him. But as I tried to explain, the words just wouldn't leave my lips.

"Tell us Liam. You're scaring the hell out of me!" Harry demanded throwing his hands through his own hair.

"She- she's..."

"What? Is this about Olivia? Is she ok?" They both examined my torn expression with their own worried faces

"She's gone." The words finally escaped my lips as a whisper.

"What?!" Niall yelled as he and Zayn made their way over to join me and the other boys.

Each and every one of them showed expressions of confusion, concern and worry.

She was gone. My Olivia was gone. I felt Harry wrap his arms around me as he pulled me in for a comforting hug. But even with their words of comfort and reassurance, I was still shaking, still angry with myself, and still so worried as to the whereabouts of Olivia.

Where was she?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG WHERE IS SHEEE?? Well, you guys all know, but Liam doesn't!?!

What do you think will happen, is there any hope for #Oliviam??

Let us know what you thought guys! Vote? Comment? Thoughts? We'd love to see what you think will/should happen next, so yeah, please comment us something :)

Next update might be in a few days...this weekend maybe??

So thanks again lovelies! Hattie and Ellie <3333 xxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 99 16
Dylan and Mason are sisters, and also best friends, who happen to share a love of the boy band, One Direction. But when their parents and brother die...
610 26 58
!!!!!UNEDITED AND CRINGY AFF!!!!!! ______________ I take slow, unsure steps towards him and place my hands on his tense forearm and he softens at my...
15.1K 243 25
We've all heard of the phrase "And they all lived happily ever after..." right? Right? That's all that everyone wants in this world. Living life to...
7.7K 138 40
Kelsey Maxwell lost her mother at a young age in a house fire; she has no siblings to turn to and the only friends she has are guys, but they always...