Devon Blue

By SimplyRaeLove

Top Rankings for Devon Blue: # 1 in Music # 2 in truelove # 2 in healing # 3 in mentalhealth I used to t... More

【Author's Note】
【Prologue】
【Chapter 1.1 : A Flight, A Shephard, A Flashback and Surprise】
【Chapter 1.2】
【Chapter 1.3】
【Chapter 1.4】
【Chapter 1.5】
【Chapter 2.1 Lazy Susan... No wait lazy Sandy... pass the fruit Salad please】
【Chapter 2.2】
【Chapter 2.3】
【Chapter 2.4】
【Chapter 2.5】
【Chapter 3.1】
【Chapter 3.2】
【Chapter 3.3】
【Chapter 3.4】
【Chapter 3.5】
【Chapter 4.1】
【Chapter 4.2】
【Chapter 4.4】
【Chapter 4.5】
【Chapter 5.1】
【Chapter 5.2】
【Chapter 5.3】
【Chapter 5.4】
【Chapter 5.5】
【Chapter 6.1】
【Author's Note】
【Chapter 6.2】
【Chapter 6.3】
【Chapter 6.4】
【Chapter 6.5】
【Chapter 7.1】
【Chapter 7.2】
【Chapter 7.3】
【Chapter 7.4】
【Chapter 7.5】
Author's Note
【Chapter 8.1】
【Chapter 8.2】
【Chapter 8.3】
【Chapter 8.4】
【8.5 Chapter】
【Chapter 9.1】
【Chapter 9.2】
author's note
【Chapter 9.3】
Possible Contest...
Cover Contest
【Chapter 9.4】
Chapter Cover Contest Winner's Revealed
【Chapter 9.5】
【Chapter 10.1】
【Chapter 10.2】
【Chapter 10.3】
【Chapter 10.4】
【Chapter 10.5】
【Chapter 11.1】
【Chapter 11.2】
【Chapter 11.3】
【Chapter 11.4】
【Chapter 11.5】
【Chapter 12.1】
【Chapter 12.2】
【Chapter 12.3】
【Chapter 12.4】
【Chapter 12.5】
【Chapter 13.1】
【Chapter 13.2】
Author's Note
One Shot: The One Where Chase Goes Looking For Blue
【The One Where Blue Lets Go...】
【The One Where Blue Practices Forgiveness Part 1】
【The One Where Blue Practices Forgiveness Part 2】
NOT UPDATE| NEW NEWS

【Chapter 4.3】

58.3K 1.3K 502
By SimplyRaeLove

【Chapter 4.3】

The New Not New Girl Is Back? Devon Blue... Devon Who?

I woke up to the sun shining through my window. There was so much light that it woke Charlie too. I'm pretty sure his grunt towards the light woke me more than the actual sunshine did but it was better than waking up to my alarm.

It was supposed to be hot today for Los Angles. That was one thing I really missed back in London. The amazing weather. The sunshine, the heat, the beautiful weather year-round. It was iconic, Southern California weather.

I started my morning routine with the hot day taking special care for sunscreen and light clothing so as not to get too hot or sunburned. I skipped my morning run today because I was so exhausted from last nights dinner.

I felt better after it but I had my reservations leading up to seeing all the guys again. Today I imagine would be more intense. I was ready though. It was my life and I changed and maybe just maybe so did the kids I went to school with.

I finished gathering all my things and tossed them into my Kate Spade bag and headed downstairs following Charlie close behind. Yup, my dog ran this house now. He was the diva of the family that was for sure. He walked right into the kitchen like he owned the place as everyone else looked up from the breakfast bar.

"The queen has arrived." I greeted while Charlie crawled up to the bench and settled himself beside Chase.

That little fucker was becoming buddy buddy with Chase. Whatever has gotten into my dog I might not ever know. Dad, and Mom chuckled at our very grandeur entrance. I settled down beside Chase and Charlie across from my parents.

"Good morning, my gorgeous family," I announce as I settle in. All eyes settle on me as I notice the extravagant spread that I'm sure my Mom created for us. Fruits covered the entire bar from oranges, pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, and bananas. If it was remotely considered a breakfast item it was on the table.

She even had my favorite organic yogurt to pair with all the fruits. It was perfect and so like my mother. She even had Dad eating healthier too. All because of me. I really did love my family.

I went to town creating a yogurt fruit bowl and it was absolutely food heaven. Honest to goodness. I watched Chase dig in and create his own, reluctantly.

"You're eating fruits?" I question, surprised at the teenage boy in front of me. He used to fucking inhale Doritos any chance he got. He shrugs while chewing up his food before swallowing and making a bowl of fruits for Charlie, then turns to me.

"It's Good. Mom started making these breakfast spreads a few months ago." He states quietly. It was his intense focus on his food that gave it away. He talked to me. It was a whole sentence but he talked to me. That totally counts as progress.

"Guys, I'm right here. What is wrong with our children Tom?" She shook her head crunching on her granola. Though I could tell by the slight red in her cheeks she wanted to spoil me with this amazing breakfast.

I think my mom felt guilty for never noticing my eating disorder before it had become too late. I knew that's why she was so careful and thoughtful now about always making sure the meals were so healthy and that she always made such an effort that it bordered on overboard. That was okay with me if I got to eat strawberries everyone morning though. I started to work on my parfait as Dad questioned Chase.

"So, Chase you have football practice after school today?"

"Yeah. It's only an hour since it's the first day back and coach pushed us last week for training. It's just going to be light and then I'll head home." Chase replied giving Dad a small appreciative nod. Chase seemed happy to have Dad asking about football. Was that out of the normal for them?

"Honey, why don't you and Devon drive together? That way you guys have time to catch up?" My Mom prompted Chase as she eyed us both before adding another pineapple chunk to her breakfast. My Mom was Betty Crocker I swear.

"Sandy I don't want Devon to have to wait a whole hour after school, just for Chase to finish his practice that's not fa- "

"Actually, I'll be fine," I stated, already having a plan for my day. I was already formulating my to do list and staying after school fit perfectly. My Dad looked me dead in the eye. I could see the concern and hesitancy. I just rolled my eyes and scratched Charlie's head.

"Honest. I don't mind. I have things I have to do anyway. It would be nice to catch up with Chase too, I mean if he doesn't mi- "

"No, I don't need a ride." He replies while keeping his head down and finishing up his breakfast. He swallows another bite before petting Charlie.

"Chase your car is broke and until we get it into the mechanic you'll either need to get a ride or take the school bus." My mom replies conspiratorially with an innocent smile my way and a quick wink before looking back at my brother. She was a true partner in crime I tell you.

I smile innocently at my brother. "What do you say, Chase?" I lean forward and plant my chin in my hand ready awaiting his thought with a small grin forming.

Chase looks from my Mom to me without missing a beat "Ryans picking me up this morning." And finishes his last of his yogurt. Before anyone has a chance to respond I hear a honk from outside and Chase speed out the door without a goodbye.

What a Dick.

Dad clears his throat "Devon?" That one word. My name. I know. He cares, and I care and honestly, it's too much. I have to ease his worry.

"It's Fine. I'm fine. Maybe I can drive him home after practice or something." I sigh out before staring at my nails. This sucked but it was par course for Chase.

"You sur.." My Dad starts but I shake my head dismissing his sentence. Rome wasn't built in a day. I stand up and reach for my backpack.

Charlie looks at me abruptly and jumps off the bench and starts spinning in circles on the hardwood floors. He's so stinking cute! The whole family was watching in bemusement at was beginning to become the main attraction to us.

"Well, on that note I guess you should start heading out then?" Mom prompts.

I finish downing my juice before standing behind my chair as I wipe my own face. My parents watch with matching smiles but I can see the worry lines and the concern in their eyes. And honestly, I understood the concern was for good reason. The last time I went to school with these kids I ended up in the hospital. So I understood.

"I'm fine guys. You don't have to worry." I console as give her a hug and then move on to play punch my Dad in the shoulder on my way out.

"If you need anything call me Blue. I'll come straight over and whip those fuckers into shape." My Dad jokes out but I can see the truth in his eyes. Always there.

"And that is my prompt to leave." I grab my phone and start typing to Noah. I had face-timed with him earlier while I was getting ready but wanted to let him know I was ok. I grabbed my Kate Spade bag and hung it around my shoulder haphazardly as I turned up the volume on my cellphone heading to the door.

"Wait, Blue, aren't you forgetting something?" My mom chirped out. I turn my head over my shoulder with a small smile on my face.

"And what's that mom?" I question her because there is a spark in her eyes.

My Dad is holding my last first packed lunch of my high school career. I forgot my parents missed a lot of firsts when I went to school in London. And something was telling me they were going to be playing catch up this year. I was okay with that though, more than okay actually.

Dad walks to me with the lunch and a magazine in hand tucked underneath the lunch. It's a fashion magazine with bridal gowns and other styles. For me. My mom's doing. He hands them to me and I slide them into my bag over my shoulder before giving him a one-armed hug.

"Thank you, Daddy."

"I love you Blue" Dad whispers. He pulls me in tight and kisses me on the forehead before releasing me.

"Bye!" I shout as I make my way out to my car. I make my way over to the driver's side while unlocking our doors. I slide in and settle myself. I hook up my phone to the car's stereo system and start the car as I wave goodbye at my parents and Charlie. I drive down the hill of our driveway.

Before heading out onto the main road I use Siri to make a long-awaited call to my friend Kai. He's the bassist in our band and the quietest out of all of us but the probably the wisest.

The ringer begins and I merged onto traffic when it's safe. I wait for Kai hoping to get him before he heads to the studio which I know he does late at night to let off some steam.

I roll my window down to let the breeze blow through my hair and it feels so good against my skin. Fresh. New. Clean. Just what the doctor ordered.

I await before hearing "Good morning Blue. Hows the coast treating you?" His voice is soft, centered and calm. He really was the glue to our band. He kept us balanced. He was our Yoda.

"Missing you. And everyone. It's my first day at school. I'm on my way now." I reply as I speed up to pass a car.

There's a brief pause as I merged back into the right lane and wait for his reply.

"And you're afraid you won't fit in." He states as if it were a reasonable response to my situation. There was no question of the truth in his assessment.

"Well high school, these people, it's not my niche."

"Your niche?" He asks amusedly. I can practically picture his soft smile as he tunes his bass while pressing the phone between his shoulder and his ear.

"My thing, my location in relation to everything else in the universe, where I best excel at," I explain while making a left-hand turn.

The more I think about it the more I realize I had found my niche back in London. I wonder if I'm the kind of being that can adapt maybe I could fit into another niche here in Los Angeles. Or maybe it was never about adapting to another niche but developing my own niche, my own world.

"Bullshit." He replies blatantly.

"Okay then Yoda. What's my problem? Why then do I feel defeated and I haven't even entered the parking lot to my school yet." I huff out exasperated trying to find out what's wrong with me.

"Devon you fit in wherever you want to fit in. You being exactly who you are is enough to attract the people and places that fit just right for you. That's all there is to it. Don't try to force anything today, ok?" He softens his voice even lower and I strain to hear it. It's as though I'm clinging on to my friend's advice like a warm coat in cold winter.

"Okay. Thank you."

"Your welcome." He replies with a hearty laugh.

"I didn't just call to complain you know," I say with a grin on my face. I reach a stop sign and sigh before continuing on both the conversation and drive to school.

"I know." He replied humorously.

"Did I tell you I miss you guys terribly," I say.

"Yes, I received your twenty texts in the band's group chat." He laughs softly again before I hear a bass string being plucked out of tune and a soft curse from his end of the phone.

"It wasn't twenty. It was fifteen!" I defend

"Miss you too." He replies gently just as I turn into the entrance of my school.

"Bye Kai. Love you." I reply with a soft smile on my face.

"Bye Devon. Love you." He replies and then the phone call ends.

He was really the most sensitive and kindest out of our band. He was our glue, our nurturer in our hardest times and our cheerleader at our greatest times. We were lucky to call him our friend. No, our brother. Why couldn't he be my brot... I didn't finish that thought. I couldn't give up on Chase and I's relationship. I make my way through the lot in my g- wagon and head to a front row parking spot.

I took a deep breath breathing the salty ocean air. Our school was close to the beach. It was unmatchable. I knew Noah would love the sunshine and the ocean here. I would have to give him a call around lunch time and let him know that we would have to book the last few venues ourselves. It was easier this way anyway.

I take time to look around the lot as I see it get even busier. Students driving in, students bicycling toward the bike racks, skateboarding around the students on the sidewalks, and students sitting on the steps out front. There was attention on me but not as much as there could have been, however not to the degree I was use to receiving in London at this point. It seemed as if it grew silent. At least of chatter but the whispers started to pick up. I opened my door to get out.

As soon as I stepped down I reached over for my bag and sat in my driver's seat to begin packing everything I would need for my day. Stares from different directions and before I knew it a hand landed on my shoulder. I immediately stand back and jerk the hand off of me before staring up into Ryan's eyes.

"You parked in my spot." Ryan huffed out. He looked me up and down at my form-fitting outfit. I was more his height with my heels so by the time he made it back up to my eyes he was looking level at me. His rage lessened after his perusal and I could only guess.

"It's mine now. Permanently. I like it. Thanks for the info though." I smile before patting his head like the bitch in heat he clearly was. What the fuck, trying to fight me over a parking lot on the first day of school? I check my Kate Spade bag before putting my travel mug in it and taking out my beats headphones and syncing it with my iPhone. 

The rest of the team begins to arrive further down the row I'm parked in and I clearly see Ryan's problem as his black truck sits running in the street behind mine as if he expected me to move just for him. I can see Chase sitting in the passenger seat as he stares at me with obvious frustration. I think about what Kai said this morning and shrug to Chase. However, Ryan doesn't calm down.

"Ry, just chill okay. It's a parking spot. You take the one next to hers it's hardly a big deal bro." Falcon calls out from the very first space in our row. I wave good morning to him and he returns it with a grin. I return my attention back to Ryan.

"Yeah, Ryan don't get your panties in a bunch chill. Now, don't you guys have a team meeting to catch with the coach or something?" I question looking at the team gathering around Falcon. I see Chase hop out of the truck and head over to the rest of the guys who bump his fist in greeting as he easily smiles back at them.

Ryan huffs before hopping into his truck and parking in the space Falcon suggested.

I click my remote lock for my car before heading toward the front. I already memorized my schedule, teachers, locker, and combo last week but there's a place I want to visit before class starts in fifteen.

As I make my way up the stairs I start hearing the whispers. Something about the new girl and Ryan fighting outside the school. Wow, that rumor escalated. I slip my beats on tuning out the gossip mill that's about to spread like wildfire. Don't they know? I'm not the new girl. I'm the old one. I'm back. 

Like, Comment, Share and stay tuned for my next chapter of Devon Blue!

Sneak Preview:

 I placed my lunch and travel mug inside before closing it and made my way into the Music room. My safe haven. I took off my headphones stashing them in my bag before moving in the auditorium/ theatre like room, making my way to the stage.

I was sure Z would be in the break room grabbing a snack before heading here. I only had a few minutes before he was back. I was excited to see Z for class today, but nervous too. I had changed so much, in so many ways and yet I still loved music all the same.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

529 28 16
Haunted by the mantra "I'm nobody," I echoed these words in my mind, feeling as though my entire existence revolved around catering to the happiness...
112K 2.8K 41
Do you ever wonder what life would be like if it were a movie? Or some sappy romance novel that you wish your life could be like but it's not? Someti...
1.6M 24.3K 76
Love. As 'beautiful' as love can be it hurts and bleeds. If you're unlucky you may even love the very person you know you can't have. The best friend...
47.3K 2.5K 62
Book 2 of The Color Series [This book is the sequel to Chasing Blue. It cannot be read as a stand-alone. Since this part contains spoilers, it is adv...