Soulmate | l.h punk

By armcandycalum

What would you do if you found out your soulmate was the exact opposite of you? This is not a werewolf book I... More

Soulmate
1 | Luke
2 | Sophie
3 | Luke
4 | Sophie
5 | Luke
6 | Sophie
7 | Luke
8 | Sophie
10 | Sophie
11 | Luke
12 | Sophie
13 | Luke
14 | Sophie
15 | Luke
16 | Sophie
17 | Luke
18 | Sophie
19 | Luke
20 | Sophie
21 | Luke
22 | Sophie
23 | Luke
24 | Sophie
25 | Luke
26 | Sophie
27 | Luke

9 | Luke

10K 318 81
By armcandycalum

I wanted to groan to show the annoyance I was feeling as Michael excitedly dragged me to his favourite pizza place. I mean don't get me wrong, I love pizza but I wouldn't go to a place where a million little kids ran about in joy. There was seriously something wrong with Michael as 'Rock Your Pizza' had been his favourite restaurant to go as a child and still was.

Me and kids just didn't mix that well since most of them thought of me as a giant and usually ran away, especially when I was with my yellow headed best friend.

"Come on Luke, we need to get a good table." Michael said as we reached the entrance of the child packed pizza place.

"I doubt there's going to be any seats left, this place is packed." I rolled my eyes but froze when something caught my eye, more like someone.

It was Sophie. She was walking by her self, looking as beautiful as ever but what stood out the most was that she was wearing my beanie. My mouth broke into a grin. She sure liked wearing my stuff, didn't she?

"Okay let's go," I said rushing in front of Michael surprising him with my newly found excitement. But we weren't excited about the same things.

I walked in and followed behind her, in the less creepiest way possible. She stopped in front of a large drink cooler which was nearly as big as me.

She was trying to reach one of the cans on the highest section of the cooler and I came up behind her, laying a hand on her waist. My body quickly fired up at the contact and I felt her freeze under my touch but soon relax, I guess she figured out it was me.

"Let me help you with that," I murmured leaning forward and getting the can for her. I moved back after I got it, not wanting to make her uncomfortable at all.

"Hey Luke," she greeted me with a wide smile and I smiled back. She seemed just as happy to see me as I was to her.

"He-" I was rudely cut of by Michael.

"Luke I get that your being all lovey dovey with your soulmate but I'm dying of starvation over here." How could I forget about him. I guess she was just too distracting.

"Stop being melodramatic Michael," I said rolling my eyes once again but I still hadn't taken them off Sophie. She blushed under my gaze but then looked behind me.

"Hey Sophie," Michael said ignoring me completely and I shot him a glare.

"Hi Michael. It's really nice to see you here but I need to get back to my little brother, you guys can come and sit with us if you want?" She said nervously and I smiled again at her. She was adorable.

"That would be awesome," Michael said and she nodded with a polite smile before looking at me. I nodded agreeing with him and she looked happy at my answer.

We both followed her back to a bright looking booth and I tried to ignore the looks I was we where getting by most of the parents. None of those people mattered, what mattered the most was the girl in front of me.

At the booth she led us to there was a little dark brown haired boy siting colouring in. His head soon shot up and his eyes narrowed at Michael, Michael looked at me with a nervous smile.

Sophie took a seat and then looked at us expectantly. I took the space beside her and Michael shot me a glare reluctantly taking a seat next to the kid. Him and me had the same effect on kids, they where scared of my height and mostly his hair.

Sophie just smiled handing over the boy the can of juice. He was silent for a moment before he shouted.

"You have minion hair!" He excitedly jumped up and down and the tension was broken as we all chuckled.

"Jessie these are my friends Luke and Michael," Sophie said pointing to both of us. My heart felt slightly heavier as she didn't introduce me as her soulmate but I could understand why not, he could spill everything to her parents, he was only a little boy after all.

"Guys this is my little brother Jessie," she carried on with the introduction.

"Nice to meet you Jessie," I said to him along with Michael and he beamed at us with delight. Well that was definitely a change from kids running away from us.

"You too and you have the coolest hair in the world," he said to Michael in absolute awe. I chuckled at Michael's wide smile.

"Thank you," he said to the little boy and I turned to Sophie who was looking at them with a smile.

"I didn't expect to see you here," she said looking at me with grin, her voice was quiet so only I could hear.

"I wouldn't be caught dead in this place but as it's Michael's favourite place, we come here quite often," I said and she giggled. A sound I could listen to on repeat for the rest of my life.

"Well this is Jessie's favourite place too and we come here every Sunday." As she said this a waiter came and placed a large pizza in between them. Michael looked at it with a hungry look and I rolled my eyes, getting up.

"Let's go and make ours," I mumbled and he jumped at the idea, literally hopping out his seat with a bright smile on his face.

He ran out in front of me and I turned to Sophie. "We'll be back in a few," I said and she nodded. Her mouth was full with pizza and I tried not to laugh at her cuteness. I went after Michael, last time we where here, he had pushed a kid out of line and I was definitely going to make sure that didn't happen this time.

~

We went through the process of making our pizza well Michael enthusiastically choosing the toppings while I stood there, eager to get back to my soulmate.

Finally, we made our way back to the table. I took my seat next to Sophie and my body immediately relaxed next to hers. Jessie was munching on a piece of pizza and she smiled as she spoke to him.

Once she noticed that I had sat down, she smiled at me. "How'd it go?"

"Well I didn't do much since Michael took the responsibility of taking his time while deciding everything," I said looking at him with a playful glare.

"Hey, you can't rush art. The talent of pizza making takes time." Michael told me in the most serious tone.

"Right," I chuckled along with Sophie.

"Sophie can I get my hair dyed yellow?" Jessie piped in the conversation. Michael laughed at that but Sophie had a little frown on her face.

"I'm sorry Jessie but mum and dad would kill me if I let you do that." I instinctively wrapped a protective arm around her. Even the thought of someone taking my soulmate away from me was painful.

She snuggled in my hold and I smiled at the warmth coming from her.

"Okay," Jessie said with frown, disappointed.

"Don't be sad. Maybe I can give you a streak or something, that wouldn't be so bad would it?" Michael asked Sophie and she nodded with a small smile.

My hand lay on her shoulder and my fingers traced patterns on it. She leaned in closer to me obviously liking the gesture and I felt a spark of satisfaction.

~

Mines and Michael's pizza soon came and in five minutes flat he had already ate his half. I rolled my eyes at his greediness as I calmly ate mines, not trying to eat like a pig in front of Sophie.

We finished and now it was time to leave. I never liked to stay here longer than I needed to since after a while the kids got pretty annoying with their screaming and obnoxious laughter.

"How did you get here?" I asked Sophie turning to face her after we all stood up.

"We took the bus?" She answered, confused by the question.

"We'll take you home," I said and she shook her head.

"No Luke it's fine, we have bus passes-." She started speaking by I cut her off.

"No, your not going to be taking the bus home," I said sternly. The longer I spent with her, the better I felt on the inside. My heart was calm to know she was safe, right next to me.

"Fine," she sighed but there was a small smile lingering on her face.

"Jessie, Luke and Michael are going to give us a lift home," she said to him.

"Yay!" He jumped up excitedly and then latched his hands into Michael's with a laugh before he started yapping away. Michael shot me a wide eyed look as if saying, I'm not dreaming am I. I shook my head with a chuckle. Nope, this kid really liked Michael for real, he wasn't imagining it.

Sophie laughed quietly beside me and I shot her a smile before taking her small hand in my larger one, just like before. As soon as our skin touched the familiar heat flared in my body, instantly making me feel happier.

Jessie latched Sophie's other hand and just like that we all left the children's pizza place, hand in hand.

~

Hey guys I'm sorry for the rubbish ending. I couldn't think of anything else to do but yeah, hoped you enjoyed it anyway. Comment if you think LUPHIE is a good ship name for them and please don't forget to hit the VOTE button.

Love you guys, thanks for reading.

-Nisha

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 188 23
An AU where there is no 5SOS just its members ~~~ "I realized I was thinking of you, and I began to wonder how long you'd been on my mind. Then it oc...
178 30 15
{completed} *CHRISTMAS FANFIC* having an upside down Christmas is more interesting than you think © slayseokjin | 2017
12.6K 221 33
Two people with lonely hearts meet and fall in love.. will they last or will they go back to being lonely?
225 9 37
You fall in love, and then you fall out. It's nothing you can fix. You lose people, and pray for them to come back. You will hope and pray, but they...