THE MAFIA'S PRINCESS

Od ThelmaAkosa

"What in the world, kid?" The roar erupted from the sleek Lamborghini as its owner, a man who could easily pa... Viac

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
A/N
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78 (THE WEDDING)
EPILOGUE
A/N

Chapter 57

44.2K 1.4K 228
Od ThelmaAkosa

DREIDAN'S POV

"I'm sorry, but we lost her."  The doctor said and my heart stopped beating. He's joking. He has to be joking.

I clear my throat. "I'm sorry, what did you say?"

The doctor looks over at an already wailing Grace. "I'm really sorry ma'am, sir. We really tried everything we could but her body was too weak. We did our best but her body and heart were to weak from the shock."

The same feeling from years ago coursed through my veins. Dejavú. No no no. It can't happen again. Not when I've gotten used to her. They want to take her away? They took my Nevaeh. Now they want Avatia too? Never.

Without thinking twice, I grabbed his collar and start choking him. "Tell me you're joking, you bastard. You're lying. You're freaking lying to me. Say it. Avatia's alive. My girl is alive."

The doctor was coughing violently but I did not care. "You bastard, you're lying to me. Go in there and tell Avatia that I'm waiting for her. She has to stop playing pranks on me." My heart was breaking with each passing second.

The doctor coughed continously. "I'm really sorry Mr. Vaughn. But Avatia really is dead. There's nothing I can do about it."

I pushed him to the wall and started throwing punches his way.

****

ALESSANDRO'S POV

I jerk up from my slumber as I hear Dreidan's voice. Who's he yelling at, at this time? I try to sleep again but he yells louder and I shoot up from bed. Fuck it man. I need some rest. The girl from last night drained me. I looked at the clock. 4:27 A.M.

I groan as I walk to his room. I open the door to find him tangled in his sheets, panting and punching the air.

"Say it, you fucker. Tell me she's not dead." He yells and then I realize he's having a nightmare.

I walk over to his bed and pat his shoulders. "Dre, brother. Wake up dude."

He doesn't respond so I shake him violently. "Wake up man. What the fuck?"

He slowly opens his eyes and grabs my collars, pushing me behind. I push him back too. "Its just me, dude. Stop acting weird."

When he realizes it's me, he calms down and runs his fingers through his hair.

"Can guess it was about Avatia. What's up man, you're turning into jelly because of this girl. You've barely had nightmares since Nevaeh died. What's happening to you?" I ask him as I walk to the refrigerator in his room and pull out a bottle of water, tossing it to him.

He walks to his laptop and turns it on, looking at Avatia's sleeping body. He sighs in relief and drinks some of the water.

"See, she's fine. And look, that pretty friend of hers is in there with her. They're both asleep. Chill out bro." I tell him as I sit on his couch. I'm beginning to worry about him. "Wanna talk about the dream?"

He just shrugs.

I watch as he goes over to his bathroom and walk out a few minutes later, water dripping from his face. "Get dressed bro, we're fucking up André's life now."

I smirk. "Now you're talking. Except I'm too tired."

He stops and looks at me. "Do I fucking look like I care? It's now or never. I won't be at peace if that mo'fucker is still roaming out there. Call Mario and the guys, tell them to get André to the armory by five. I'll call Roberto to meet us there."

****

WRITER'S POV

André groaned once he heard his doorbell. Who the fuck could it be at this time? He looked at the red haired girl from the club last night. She wasn't even that good as he expected. A waste of money, time and energy, he thought to himself as the doorbell rang again.

Who could be there? Leo? He'd tried getting in touch with Leo for a long time now but it wasn't possible. He went back to France, then came back two days ago to continue his search for Leo. They had to get the job done. This was all for Liya. His sister was too good to be murdered.

Once he reached the door, the doorbell rang again. "Ze fuck? I'm coming." He said angrily and opened the door, forgetting to look through the peephole. Wrong move. The moment the door was opened, he was met face to face with a gun. He tried closing the door but the buff man in front of him had stuck his foot inside.

Mario frowned. "Dubois, I presume."

André glared at him. "What do you want?"

Mario's frown intensified. "You shut your tiny mouth and follow me."

André hissed. "Fuck off."

Oh ohhh. Another wrong move. Before he could process what was happening, Mario shot at his foot. André cried out in pain as Mario signaled for two  other men to carry him out. He tried fighting them but it was of no use.

***

By the time Dreidan and Alessandro pulled up in front of the armory, André had already been strapped to a chair. The brothers entered in their usual charismatic way. Alessandro was the first to speak up. "Dubois Dubois. It's a pleasure meeting you. I hope you feel same though."

André didn't know who this man was but he assumed it was Dreidan's brother, seeing the resemblance.

Alessandro clenched his fist. "I hate being ignored, Dubois. I really hate it. That's the problem with you and your dead brother-in-law." He said slowly wrapping his fingers round André's neck, no pressure applied, yet. Andre's eyes widened when he heard that Leo was dead. Alessandro turned to his brother. "Wanna get the honours?"

Dreidan who was still in a sour mood from his dream earlier simply walked over to his brother, frowning seriously. "With pleasure."

Alessandro nodded and stepped aside. He had to let his brother vent out his anger. Given, he would have enjoyed torturing the stupid asshole tied to the chair, but his brother needed this.

He watched quietly as Dreidan pulled out three pocket knives. Huh, Dreidan was still the dagger dude. He smirked, feeling proud that he was the one who taught him how to use the knife.

Dreidan slowly traced the knife on André's throat while André kept squirming. "You know, I hate baseless judgment. And you little mo'fucker, was doing that for a long time." Dreidan said angrily as he applied pressure on André's throat and some blood spilled out. He pulled back the knife.

"You killed Liya. You killed my sister goddammit." André said angrily too. This made the vein in Dreidan's temple pop.

He angrily took the knife and stabbed André's hand, pinning it to the chair. André screamed so loud which only made Dreidan more angry. "Shut up! Hey, Mario, shut him the fuck up."

Mario stuffed André's mouth with a thick cloth on the spot.

Dreidan ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. He was just too drained. It was killing him. Inflicting pain on André was not helping out as he thought. The only thing that could help out now was to see and touch his princess. That was the only thing. He threw the knives down and turned to leave.

Alessandro stood and followed him. "Hey man, wassup? You don't want to end his life?"

Dreidan leaned over the hood of his car. "Trust me, I do. I really do. But I can't. I don't have the energy 'Sandro. Do it. Kill the fucker. Right now, I need to see my girl. I need to be sure she's fine."  He told his brother as he stepped into his car. He leaned on the steering wheel. "That's the right thing to do."

Alessandro stared at him for sometime. "Damn right it is. You go see your girl and I'll handle the punk ass."

****

The sun was just rising and Draya had to get ready for her classes. It was her night to stay with Avatia and this morning, Grace was going to take over. She hurriedly took a shower in the bathroom that was in Avatia's room.

When she was done getting ready, she stood by her best friend's bed and held her cold fingers. "You need to get up Ava. I hate going to school without you. Our dorm room feels so empty. The new math teacher would come in today. Who will I gossip with if you're not in class? Wake up best friend." Draya spoke to Avatia's sleeping body quietly. The doctors had told them to always talk to Avatia. That it would help speed up her recovery.

A tear slipped out of her eyes. "I really miss you Ava. We all do. Please I beg of you, get..."

She wasn't able to continue talking as the door creaked open. Hee mouth hung low as she saw who stepped in. "M-Mr. Vaughn? What are you doing here? I thought aunt Gr..."

"Please Draya, I mean no harm. I just need to see Avatia." Dreidan said calmly as he stepped into the room and shut the door.

Draya was shocked. Was this the guy she always read of in magazines? Was he the same person that almost killed her best friend months ago on a high way? Standing right in the room when it was barely 6 o'clock in the morning? And pleading with her? She just couldn't believe it. "But Mr. Vaughn, aunt Grace doesn't want you coming near her daughter."

Dreidan ran his fingers through his hair again. "Please Draya. Just ten minutes. Ten. If you like, I can pay you $1000 every minute I spend with her."

Draya's eyes widened. What? Who does that in this world? As tempting as the offer was, she could never accept it. The man before her looked like he was going to die. He had dark circles round his eyes like he was lacking some sleep. He looked way too desperate. And it was all because of Avatia. "Fine. Just ten minutes. I'll just wait outside. Not that I trust you, but because I'm sure you won't hurt my best friend. Be fast. Aunt Grace would soon be here."

Dreidan almost pulled her into a hug, but he didn't. "This means a lot to me Draya."

Draya smiled and walked out, leaving Dreidan alone with Avatia. The poor guy walked over to Avatia's bed and the first thing he did was bend down and place a loving kiss on her forehead. He'd waited for this moment for a long time. He'd missed her so much, it broke his heart. "Princess? Won't you get up? It's been almost three weeks now, baby, get up. I miss you so much." He told her as he held her tiny hands in his. "I swear, I'll do anything for you if you wake up. You mean more to me than you would ever realize. If you don't wake up, I really don't know. I might loose my mind. You have to wake up Avatia. You have to do. The bad guys are gone, princess. You can wake up now. Pleaseeeee. Please. You're all I want for the New Year, so please wake up."He said, sitting on the chair by the bed and putting his head on her shoulder, his hand still holding hers. A tear slipped out. He couldn't save Nevaeh and his unborn baby. And now Avatia? The heavens knew he wouldn't survive it. He slowly looked at the roof as if it were the sky and closed his eyes.

'I know I do not talk to you. That's because you took my girl and baby away from me. That was cruel of you. You had no mercy on me. Yet people say you're good. If you really are as good as they say, then you'll give me another chance. You won't take her away from me like you did last time. Because if you do, then I'd end this miserable fucking life of mine. So please, please, make her wake up.'

He prayed. He fucking prayed! For the first time in so so many years he prayed for the unconscious girl and hoped the heavens would take pity on him.

And as if in the movies, Avatia's fingers moved and all the machines connected to her started beeping. Dreidan couldn't believe it. He thought he was hallucinating until he felt her fingers move again. The heavens had answered his prayers. It truly was a miracle.

He was just about to call for Draya and tell her the good news when the door opened and Grace walked in. Her eyes widened. "You again?"

_____________________________

So....Avatia's finally awake💃💃...and the bad guys are gone. Can you believe it? Dreidan Vaughn prayed. He really did pray. And Grace?

I really want to hear your thoughts on this chapter😏

Vote if you can't wait for the next chapter...

I said voteeee

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

102K 2.6K 7
"Nate where the fuck have you been? It is three a.m. I have left you hundreds of messages." "Get the fuck out of my house." He said through his teet...
204K 4.6K 46
"I can show how much of a 'little' guy I am." He said emphasizing the little. He came closer to me. Our lips were inches away. I could smell the scen...
1M 27.5K 79
[A SWEET MAFIA ROMANCE] Nicole thought that her life would be easy now after she left behind all the memories of an awful night, which led to an unex...
94.6K 1.4K 15
He brought his hands up and tucked my hair behind my ear. coming closer to my ear "Do i arouse you?" he whispered, making my knees weak "I can feel...