I have a child?! {z.m}

By _beaniezayn

It was all a mystery until they were reunited. He disappeared and she made up lies. She was pregnant and he h... More

I have a child?! -Zayn Malik
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
A/N
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
SEQUEL IS UP!

Chapter 53

5.6K 146 27
By _beaniezayn

Zayn's POV:

I watched Ariana's actions as we walked through the hospital doors and into the lobby. Her cheeks have slightly paled and her forehead has creases from the way she's scrunching her eyebrows. Delaney stands in between the two of us and curiously looks around with a pinch of worry on her face. I place a hand on her shoulder and gently rub it, telling her it's okay without speaking a word.

Everyone's mostly silent except for the occasional whispers between my mum and dad. The chattering between others in the lobby is quiet. It's fairly empty but then again it's a morning.

Harry and Lexi stayed back at home. Lexi's morning sickness was worse than normal, again. I don't know why she didn't come and get herself checked out.

My mum walks in front of us and over to the desk where a lady sits behind a glass window. She and dad check us in.

Waliyha walks up from behind me and to my side. She wears a sad expression and I give her a small smile, hoping to get a different expression from her. But I don't.

"She's going to be okay, Wal." I said, searching her eyes. She gives me a look of disgust and it stuns me.

"How the hell do you know that Zayn?" She asked, an angry tone rolls off her tongue.

I slightly narrow my eyes at my little sister. "Because she will be okay. How the fuck is saying she isn't going to be okay going to help her any more?"

She turns away from me with her eyebrows bushed together and arms crossed. I stare at her for a few seconds before walking over to Ariana who is leaning against a chair with Delaney close to her side.

Something rises in my stomach when I see the two of them so close. I swallow this odd feeling and walk over to them? Why am I feeling this way?

When I stand in front of my girlfriend, I take one of her hands into mine and I kiss her knuckles. She half smiled but it leaves as fast as it arrived.

I release her hand and it falls against her leg like a noodle. "You haven't spoken a word to anyone since we got here."

She shrugged. "I'm tired I guess."

"You don't have to lie to me. I know you so well." I said, my tone soft.

A gentle round of thunder roars outside and Delaney jumps. Ariana pulls her closer to her side, rubbing her arm in comfort.

"I'm not lying. I'm honestly exhausted." She replied, sounding irritable like yesterday.

"I know." I responded. She looks up at me instead of her shoes. "Thank you for coming with me. I know this is hard for you. It's hard for me too. That's why I wanted you to come so I could have you with me."

She nodded. "I know. I'll always be there for you when I can." I smile a little.

Delaney looks up at me curiously when I glanced at her. I send her a smile too, hoping it will lift her spirits of being here.

She sighs and blows hair from her forehead, crossing her eyes in the process. I send her a wink and she smiles.

"Can you do me a favor munchkin?" I kneeled down to her height.

She tilts her head to the side. "Like what?"

"Go over to Waliyha and Safaa and cheer them up a bit?" I questioned. She looks over at them and then back to me. She nodded. "Thank you baby girl." I kiss her forehead and then she walks over to them.

I kneel back up and look at Ariana again. She half smiles at me as I bring her into my chest and hug her. "I love you."

"I love you." She responded, humming into my chest. I rub her back and hold her tightly.

For a few minutes we don't speak. We hold onto each other in silence. A few rounds of thunder go off outside. It's funny how weather can go along with moods.

"Zayn. Ariana. Girls, let's go." My mum called from the desk. A male nurse is beside she and my father. I assume he is going to direct us to Arshiya's room.

My assumptions were correct because five minutes later, we find ourselves in front of a door to a room. There are pictures and different symbols on the door, a comforting sign.

This hospital is covered in child like things; pictures on the walls and different paintings. This is a children's hospital and they did a good job at designing it.

(A/N no one has been updated really on what's been going on with her in real life so it's going to go as I intended it to.)

"She's in this room right here." The nurse said. He gives us a sad smile. "I am responsible for telling you that there are quite a few IV's in her arms and she doesn't look too good. In my opinion, I would leave the children younger than 10 with another adult out here because the condition of Arshiya is not very appropriate for them."

I look at Ariana and she looks at me. Ariana holds onto our daughters shoulders. "Delaney is 6. How would we leave her out here if we all want to go in?"

"I suppose it wouldn't be a problem for her to wait with us in the office. There are some toys in there we keep for situations like this. Only if you want to. It's your decision whether or not she goes in to Arshiya's room or not." He explained.

"Yeah, I don't think it's good for Delaney to see." Ariana agreed with him and looks at me. I nodded, agreeing too.

"I'm 10. I've seen her before." Safaa said, crossing her arms.

"Well then I suppose you could go inside, right?" He questioned her, his eyebrows risen. Safaa nodded.

"When you're ready, I'll take the little one." The nurse said.

I watch Ariana turn Delaney to face her. "This nice man is going to take you to play with some toys, okay?"

"Where are you goin'?" Delaney asked nervously.

"To see Arshiya honey. You're just going to play with toys right now. I'll see you in a few minutes, okay?" Ariana said, soothingly.

"Okay." Delaney responded, looking shyly at the nurse. He smiles at her and offers her his hand.

Delaney takes it and follows the nurse away. Before I can no longer see them anymore, I hear him ask her what her favorite princess is.

"Elsa." She had responded and Ariana and I smile at each other.

"Are you guys ready?" Mum asked and we all nodded. My dad opens the door and let's my mother walk in first. Then we all follow her inside and my dad trails behind.

When I see Arshiya laying on the bed with her eyes shut, my heart races. I hear Ariana suck in a harsh breath when she sees her herself.

Arshiya is pale as a ghost. Her hands lay beside her body, still. There are cords everywhere connected to different places all over her arms and chest.

I stand still as ever and watch my mum walk closer to her. She places a hand on her stomach and looks at her closely. Tears are swelled up in her eyes.

It's silent other than sniffles that I now hear. I look to Ariana but she doesn't have any emotion on her face as she looks at Arshiya. Then I look to Waliyha who has tears down her cheeks and I know then that she's the source of the sniffles.

"Babe," I said softly, walking closer to her. I pull my baby sister into my chest and hug her as she cries into my shirt. "Sh-h. It's okay. She's going to wake up soon. Maybe even in a few days or weeks. I know it, babe."

I rub her back gently and hold onto her just as tight as she does to me. I hear a new source of crying and automatically recognize Safaa. She's always been a loud cryer.

Little sobs fly off her tongue and I look over at her. Ariana is standing in front of her. To my surprise, she lifts her into the air and Safaa wraps her legs around her waist. Safaa isn't fat or anything, I'm just surprised Ariana can actually hold her. She's much heavier than Delaney.

I look at them as they hug each other for a minute and then I look at Arshiya again. I feel like she was healthy just a few days ago and she was sitting on my lap, giggling like she always did.

Tears swell in my own eyes and I can't help but let them fall out of my eyes and down my cheeks. I hold onto Waliyha harder and rest my head in her shoulder. I feel her hands rubbing my back now, signaling that she knows I'm crying too.

"She's too young!" Waliyha cried the most heartbreaking cry I've ever heard.

"I know babe, I know." I said, sniffling. "You just have to have confidence that she'll make it."

She doesn't respond. And for a while, no one speaks again. It's pin drop quiet with the exception of occasional sniffles.

Forty five minutes pass and we are walking out the door of her room. Arshiya's parents were on their way so we wanted them to be able to be alone with her.

Ariana walks ahead and gets Delaney from the nurse. When she comes back with her, Delaney is in her arms and is touching Ariana's cheek.

"Why are ya cryin'?" Delaney asked, concern writer all over her young and beautiful features.

"I'm not crying anymore, love." Ariana responded, only adding more curiosity to our daughter. When I catch Delaney's eye, I smile a little bit.

"Why are you cryin' daddy?" She asked, noticing my tear dried cheeks.

"I'm not crying anymore." I responded just as Ariana did.

"Why is everyone cryin'?" She asked, look around at all of us. My parents send her sad smiles and Waliyha doesn't look at her.

I watch my little sister walk down the hall in front of us, leaving us alone. Safaa looks over at me and points to her as she walks away.

I nodded. "Let her be."

"Everything's okay sweet girl." Ariana kisses Delaney's cheek as she holds her close to her chest.

Delaney sighs and lays her head on her mummy's shoulder. I smile a little bit at the two, and then I walk down the hall with everyone following.

We all make it to the car. Ariana buckles Delaney into her car seat while everyone piles in. I get in first and sit next to Waliyha who is in the back row, alone.

I looked at the side of her face as I spoke. "I know this is killing you inside, Wal. But you can't let it run your world. I've been here for a little over a day and more than half of that time you were in your room crying. Arshiya is sick and it sucks. We all are feeling shitty about it. It's not fair that she's in this condition and it's not fair that you're like this too. I'm only here for limited time and I would love if you could act like you're happy that I'm here. I'm not trying to be rude, I just love you to death, okay?"

"How can you be implying that I'm selfish if you're acting selfish?" She asked in a nasty tone as she turned her head to look at me. My chest aches. "You're like 'I'm only here for limited time. Now bow down to my feet'. No actually, I'm good."

Hurt is visible in her eyes when I look into them. They're bloodshot and the skin around them and her nose is pink.

"Why are you acting so bitter to me?" I asked, frowning. "When I've comforted you and cared for you ever since I got here and you'd let me."

She doesn't respond immediately. But eventually she does just as I thought she would. "Just leave me alone."

"Okay. Then don't say I didn't try. You're the one pushing everyone away." I replied. She looked away.

"Shut up Zayn. Just shut up." She snapped but not very loudly.

By now everyone is in the car and we are driving away. Ariana peeks back at me for a second before looking back forward. I had trouble reading her face but by the means of her talking and giggling with Del, I think everything's okay.

"Whatever you want Waliyha. Don't come crying to me when you realize that you should've been grateful to have a brother who actually cares." I really didn't want the conversation to end.

"I said shut up!" She said louder now. The chattering in the car quiets down. I see my mother look at us through the rear view mirror. Ariana doesn't look back but she stiffens. Safaa peeks over the seat from beside Ariana.

"Why can't you just stop?!" She asked and a sob erupted from her throat. "Shut up! Shut up!"

"Waliyha." Mum scowled, look back through the rear view mirror. "We know you are hurting, darling. We are hurting too. But that doesn't mean you have any rights to be rude to Zayn or anybody."

I watch anger take over Waliyha's face again. She continues to cry quietly and turns her head towards the window. I do the same for a while.

A while later, my mum drove up our driveway to our home. We stopped for lunch and did a little shopping. Mum insisted that Ariana helped Waliyha and Safaa pick out some new styles and secretly had her help her too.

Although Waliyha complained and didn't want to shop, Ariana picked out a few things for her and bought them. I continued to tell her to not buy her anything because of her attitude but Ariana explained to me that it'd make her feel the slightest bit better.

On the other hand, Safaa let Ariana buy her a completely new wardrobe. You could tell my mother felt embarrassed that Ariana was buying everything but Ariana repeatedly told her that she loves to do things for others. Which she did.

Along the way, Ariana got our daughter a few more pieces of clothing and even a princess tiara that Delaney begged for for at least an hour.

After my mother had a few things picked out and everyone else had their things paid for, we had left and now here we are.

My parents get out of the car and Safaa and Delaney do too. I watch them run up to the porch as the rain poured down on them. My parents attempted to jog but failed. Old people can't do that anymore.

I laughed at my thoughts.

Ariana steps out of the car and I get out beside her. Waliyha got out too and ran to the front door. I watch for a second as she pushes her sister out of the way and let's herself in first just as mum unlocked the door. I rolled my eyes.

I turned back to Ariana who stood inches away from me. I smile and chuckle a bit as the rain runs down her face. I'm surprised she isn't freaking out, but then again she didn't wear much makeup or do really anything with her hair. She looks as gorgeous as ever.

After a few seconds of just smiling at each other, she connects our lips and wraps her arms around my neck. She giggles onto my lips and scoots closer to me, our bodies soaked and smashed together.

"Let's go inside." She said against my lips, giggling again. I nodded. "But let me get on your back."

I rolled my eyes jokingly before turning around so that my back is facing her. She hops on and I carry us inside the house.

I make a quick note to myself to come back out later and bring in the shopping bags that no one bothered to get.

I walk us into the living room and smile at my parents. "We are going to go change."

"Good idea." My mum smiled as she sat on the couch beside my dad. They barely got wet because they didn't stand outside like we did.

I carry a giggling Ariana down the stairs and to the basement. "Why are you so giggly?"

"I'm just in a better mood." She responded, holding not my neck tightly.

"Was it the kissing in the rain?" I questioned, smiling myself.

"I suppose so." She said, giggling again. I carry her all the way down the stairs without a problem. When we make it down completely, we both see Lexi and Harry sitting on the couch.

"Well there you are." Lexi commented. I let Ariana off my back and she walks a little closer to them. "You're soaking wet."

"Thats what he said." Harry chuckled. I smile at him and laugh when Lexi smacks his arm. He sends her a smile with his dimples popping out.

"It's raining outside." Ariana responded.

"Wow, really? I didn't notice through the glass window and thunder rumbling throughout the house." Lexi said with a smirk.

"Oh hush." Ariana said, smiling. "I'm going to shower really fast, okay?"

I watch my girlfriend jog into my bedroom and do what she said she was going to. When she's doing that, I walk in the bedroom and change into some sweatpants and t-shirt, something I usually wear when I'm lazy around the house. The ringing from the shower tells me she's taking a super hot one.

I brush my hair and style it up the slightest bit before putting on more deodorant and walking back into the living room with them.

There's nothing playing on the TV, they're just chilling together. I sit in the recliner and smile at them.

"How was it?" Harry asked.

"It was alright. It's sad. Everyone pretty much cried- especially Waliyha." I replied, shrugging. "She's so young. I hope she makes it."

"I do too." Lexi said. "Sorry I couldn't go. I feel bad."

"It's okay. Don't worry about it." I said assuringly. She nods and scoots closer to Harry.

They go off into some sort of conversation while I lay back and look at the ceiling. It's only 4:30pm and I'm knackered.

"Mommy?! Daddy?!" I heard Delaney call from the stairway upstairs.

"Yes?" I called back, more alert now. I heard thumps from her small feet until she's down the stairs and running over to me.

"Can I get in my jammies? I'm cold!" She said, rubbing her arms. I smile at her and nod.

"Go ahead sweetie." I said and she smiles and runs into her room. I shut my eyes for a few moments and then she comes running back in, dressed in her pink fuzzy pj pants and black shirt with Justin Bieber on it.

I chuckled. "Cutie."

"Daddy? Can I sit with you?" She asked, batting her eyelashes. I smile and nod.

"You don't even need to ask, babe." I said and leaned over the side of the chair and helped her onto my lap.

She cuddles into my side and lays her head on my shoulder. "Where's momma?"

"She's taking a shower. She should be out soon." I said and she nods against me. I gently kiss her forehead. "Where's Safaa?"

"Grandma Trisha said she is in trouble cause she didn't clean her room like she was posed to the day before today." She explained.

"Oh." I said, making a weird face but she doesn't see because her cheek is against my shoulder. "Waliyha?"

"She went to go sleepy. She was cryin' again." She said.

"Now you're all lonely?" I asked, smiling as she cuddles closer to me.

"Yeah." She yawned. "And sleepy. Can we nap together?"

"I'm sleepy too so I suppose so." I kissed her cheek again.

"I'm glad you're my daddy." She said and my heart swells. I hear Lexi say a quiet 'awe'.

"I'm glad you're my Delaney." I replied. "I love you so so so much."

"I love you too Daddy." She said and within moments, we both have fallen asleep.

Ariana's POV:

My heart swells when I see my two babes sleeping on each other in the downstairs living room when I walk out from my shoulder.

Harry and Lexi are leaning against each other and are awake but aren't speaking. Lexi smilies at me as I walk over to my babes.

I take out my cellphone I had slipped into my pocket on my way in here. Lexi and Harry tiredly smile at me as I take a picture of Delaney and Zayn.

Delaney's cheek rests upon Zayn's chest and Zayn's head leans against the top of her head. He is the most gorgeous man. I can't even begin to explain how gorgeous he is; how they both are.

Not wanting to wake them, I tiptoe backwards and wave at Lexi and Harry. They both wave at me as I walk back into Zayn's bedroom. I crawled into his bed and fell asleep.

I jumped at the sound of my cell phone blaring from the ring tone. My phone lays beside my head on Zayn's bed. How long was I asleep?

I really need to change that ring tone.

I lift my phone and see an incoming call from my mother. Before I answer it, I look at the time and see that it says 8:57pm. Did I really take a three and a half hour nap?

I answer her call, trying to sound cheery and not like I'd just woke up. "Hey momma, how are you?"

I hear her sniffle and my heart races. "Hello, babe." She didn't sound normal, She sounded like she was in distress. She sounded like she was crying. Why was she crying?

"Momma, are you all right?" I asked, sitting up and now full on paying attention. "Are you crying?"

"Honey, are you sitting down right now?" She asked, ignoring my questions.

"Yes, I don't know! Tell me what's wrong? Why are you ignoring my questions?" I asked, frantically. "What's going on? What time is it there? Like 2pm?"

I hate being hours ahead of her. I feel like I'm experiencing things before her and it creeps me out.

"Sweetie, I don't know how well you'll take this. Where's Zayn? Is he with you?" She asked and then sniffled again.

"He's in the living room or something. Just tell me what's going on. Please!" I begged, the anticipation eating me alive.

"Ariana, Grandpa died. He died a few minutes ago."

.

.

.

________________________

A/N:

Obviously this happened a month or two ago. ;( I'm still sad that he's gone! Sorry I haven't been up to date about everything and that I took 45 years to update again.

You're lucky I even updated guys. I had surgery yesterday and I'm in so so so sooooooo much pain. I've cried buckets and I had to get my mom to help me out of bed this morning. It's horrible.

For those who do not know, I have an ovarian cyst. They were going to remove it but when they got a look inside, it had gotten smaller. BUT. They found out I have endometriosis around my ovary. It causes HORRIFIC pain. They scraped some of it off which is why I'm in so much pain. Google it and you'll see.

Anyways, do any of you watch American Horror Story????? I'm on season 2! I need to watch them all in order before I start season 4! I don't care if they're in order or not!

I love it so much!

....guys I've been losing reads and votes :,( it makes me sad. I'm sorry I can't update all the time. I have school to focus on.

Ily guys so much. Ttyl.

-Mackenzie xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 552 23
It had been a few years since Louis found out he was a father, but what will he do when he finds out Zayn is pregnant again but the conception date d...
181K 3.6K 51
After a night of partying Nya ends up pregnant. Not only just pregnant but with Niall Horan from One direction's baby.
233K 4K 40
Ever wonder what it's like to be Niall or Louis wife? Or being pregnant with Liam and Harry? This is what this preference is. It's about having a bab...
1.8M 34.6K 56
A one night stand with Harry Styles leads into much more than just sex, but an unexpected pregnancy too. Emery White was shocked to find out that she...