『Three's A Charm』『OHSHC』*EDIT...

By daebaksoo

『Ouran High School Host Club』 『Hitachiin Twins ✘ OC』 ❝For those who can't choose between the two mischievous... More

『01』Unforgettable First Day
『02』Meeting the Weirdos a.k.a. The Host Club
『03』a.k.a. Yankee
『04』Unexpected Car Ride
『06』Too Close For Comfort
『07』Mr.Cotton Candy
『08』Invitation
『09』Out of Balance
♡10: Ballroom Dance
♡11: This Is Where I Belong
♡12: Sunlight in the Storm
♡13: A Weekend To Remember
♡14: Hikaru's Song
♡15: Panic
♡16: Threatening Outsider
♡17: Breakdown
♡18: Iris
♡19: A Blinding Love
♡20: A Life Lesson
♡21: The Realization
♡22: Confession
♡23: Hikaru Hitachiin
♡24: Kaoru Hitachiin
♡25: Three's A Charm
♡Thank You♡
Valentine Special: XOXO
April Fools' Special: Goodbye
100 Things of Truths

『05』Beach Party

9.8K 350 44
By daebaksoo

Beach Party

Dedicated to AyiSarabia for following everyone!

Edited

Surprisingly as the day went on the girls grew less tense. They were all too busy with the hosts to be eye balling me. When we got to the beach, the two regulars Hikaru mentioned immediately came up to us and slowly pushed me out of the little group. Instead of making a scene, I decided it would be a good time to see Haruhi and in turn, get away from the twins constant teasing for a while. I had to ask Haruhi what I should do about tonight. I was sort of disappointed knowing the fact that even though I knew Haruhi was a girl, all the customers thought she was a boy, so I couldn't stay the night with her, so she could protect me from those mischievous twins.

When I got to Haruhi, she wasn't surrounded by any girls, which was a relief. I wouldn't have to be eye balled the whole time while trying to speak with her, "Hey Haruhi." I said sitting down beside her.

"Hey, glad you decided to come." She answered smiling the same smile I had gotten used to.

"I didn't really have a choice in the matter. Those twins are ruthless." I said flatly.

"Yeah, they can be... sorry about that." She said, rubbing the back of her head.

"I didn't know we were staying the night here... will there be enough room for everyone?" I asked trying not to be so forward to ask, "Will there be enough room for me?"

"Believe me Chelsea; we've been here once before. This place is the equivalent of a hotel. There's plenty of room."

I nodded and hugged my knees.

"Is there something wrong?" She caught on right away.

"I don't know..." I said as my eyes wandered toward the twins.

"Miss them already, huh?" She said tilting her head.

My face flushed, "No." I huffed.

"It's okay if you want to switch hosts you know? It's not like I won't be your friend anymore if you go to the twins instead of me."

"No, Haruhi..." I wondered if I should tell her I knew. Would she freak out? "Look, there are a few things I haven't told you about myself, and let's just say because of my natural talents... I know about the vase."

She looked surprised, "How do you...?"

"I'm psychic... I only tell you this cause I trust you, and I want you to trust me too. If it means lightening your load then I'm all for it. You were the first person to be nice to me, to actually welcome me here..." We were speaking so low now, so no passers would hear us.

"Well..." She seemed really taken back. "Thank you for trying to help, but I'm being honest, you can switch to the twins if you want."

I smiled at her, "Nope, not happening. When they break a vase, then I'll help them." I said sarcastically. "Besides, I consider you my best friend here... they just like to toy with me.... I'm nothing special to them." And for some reason, I wasn't sure why that bugged me so much.

"You know they usually don't show attention to much of anything." She said looking out at the deep blue water that was only a few feet away. "The twins... they have a hard time expressing emotions, but they seem incredibly happy when they're around you. Believe me, I used to be in your shoes, but since then, I've learned that that's their way of being your friend." She said, now looking over me, the silly little sulking girl running her finger in the sand. "Don't let it bother you. If they didn't like you, not in the least bit, they wouldn't even give you a second glance."

Haruhi's words played back in my head over and over. Later that day, I walked the shoreline with my headphones on (I scooped up my MP3 player before I left the limo.) I was trying to decipher the twins' actions. I started to wonder how pathetic I must have looked walking around in such a beautiful place feeling sorry for myself. Looking up at what was in front of me, I was surprised to see Kaoru sitting by himself on a large rock, staring out at the ocean blankly. I turned off my MP3 player and stuck the device in my pocket before going over to him.

"Hey," I said as I sat down by his side. "Where's Hikaru?"

He seemed not only shocked that I sat with him, but also taken off guard that I again identified him as Kaoru and not his brother, "He's inside playing a board game with the girls. I told him I wanted to take a walk, so he said, 'Go ahead' and now, here I am"

He seemed sort of bummed out. Hikaru must not have left his side too often. Was he really... this lonely without him? I felt sort of guilty. I guess I sort of forgot that everyone, even the evil Hitachiin twins have feelings. "Don't be upset." I said, giving him a reassuring smile. "After all, you're catch up to him later, and that's what matters."

"I suppose..." He murmured, now hugging his knee caps and closing his eyes. Was he going to cry? He was completely different when he wasn't around his brother.

For some reason or another, I had this urge to hold him. I wanted to make sure he knew everything would be okay and not to be so devastated when he'd probably see Hikaru in less than an hour. He was the one that wanted to go for a walk right? Slowly, and against my better judgment, I wrapped an arm around his shoulder and pulled him closer to me. My face was red, but I ignored the burning sensation in my cheeks. "How about that walk?" I asked, smiling at him.

When I looked at him, I didn't expect it, but he was also blushing. It occurred to me that maybe when he told Hikaru, he was going for a walk, he wanted Hikaru to join him. Kaoru didn't want to be alone anymore than anyone else. He mirrored my smile, "Yes, I'd like that." He answered, slowly standing up and then taking my hand to help me get to my feet.

We walked along the shoreline, no longer alone, but together. What really made me feel a sense of happiness was the smile never fell from his face, and I actually managed to make him laugh couple times. He was genuinely happy to be by my side, and that itself, made all the troubled thoughts I had in my head disappear. Kaoru, was a very nice person.

As the sun started to go down, the hosts started to retreat into the Ootori building. Kaoru and I walked together to head inside. Once inside, Kaoru led me to the Hitachiin's little area where Hikaru was now sitting with the girls and talking to them. His expression brightened when Kaoru came into sight. Looks like he missed him as well, "There you are Kaoru!" He said," Where have you been?"

Kaoru sat down beside him, and replied, "I was taking a walk with Chelsea. Guess I lost track on time."

Both Hikaru and then the girls looked up to me. Hikaru with some hidden surprise, and the girls with disgust and disbelief. "They should be serving dinner soon." Hikaru said, changing the subject, "Kyouya has it set up where it's the hosts in one room and the customers in the other."

My heart came to a crashing halt. I wouldn't get to eat with the hosts? I'd be stuck with a bunch of Barbies that wanted to run me over with their dream cars? All the color drained from my face. Kaoru noticed right away. "You okay?" He asked with concern.

"Maybe I"ll skip dinner..." I murmured, hearing their hissing customers in the back of my mind.

"That's not good for you." Kaoru replied.

Hikaru smirked, "Perhaps our toy would like to have us to herself?"

My face turned red, "No, I'm just not hungry." My stomach was right on cue and growled at me angrily for lying about its needs.

"We'll eat with you Chelsea." Kaoru said, standing up.

"Yes, I'll get Kyouya to let us use the balcony. It's a nice night anyway." Hikaru agreed, also now on his feet.

The girls' mouths now hung open. They shot me the most evil glares at me I had ever seen. My color disappeared again; as if I wasn't pale enough already.

『Time Skip』

When dinner was served, the twins grabbed their plates and handed me mine, then guided me out to a balcony that looked out over the ocean. The stars were reflecting off the water, and the full moon was so bright and brilliant, I almost dropped my plate of food. The balcony was big enough for a few round tables and matching chairs, four to each table. The twins took a seat and waited for me to sit down, after I did however, my eyes went straight to the moon that hung perfectly in the sky.

"Beautiful isn't it?" I heard Kaoru murmur. I simply nodded and then took a bite of my food. I wish I could describe to you exactly what I was eating, but truth be told, I hadn't had the faintest idea, but I was hungry , so I managed. I didn't even know what to order, so I took what the twins were having, but boy that was a mistake. After one bite, I nearly drank down my whole glass of water. Luckily, there was a pitcher of it waiting on the middle of the table for refills.

"What's the matter Yankee? Too spicy for you?" Hikaru said smirking widely, before taking a huge bite just to rub it in my face.

"I'm.... not a fan of spicy foods... they make me sick..." I said pushing my plate forward.

"That stuff isn't cheap you know?" Hikaru said flatly.

"She doesn't have to eat it Hikaru." Kaoru argued. "You can just have some dessert when they bring it out, okay?"

Hikaru seemed stunned that Kaoru stood up for me. I tried to keep my head down and poured myself another glass of water.

About 10 minutes later, a waiter came out and took our plates, replacing them with different ice cream treats. Hikaru had a double fudge sundae, Kaoru had a banana split, and I myself went for the simplest of them all, a bowl of vanilla ice cream. The twins each raised an eyebrow at me as I dug into mine. "Never seen a girl not take advantage of something like a free dessert before." Hikaru mumbled.

"I already wasted a full plate of dinner. I don't really deserve anything fancy, besides I don't mind keeping things simple." I said and then took a bite of ice cream.

Kaoru then smirked; scooping a spoonful of his ice cream, he then put his other hand beneath my chin and raised it to meet his eyes. "Try some." He said with that soothing voice of his.

My face turned red and after a long moments hesitation, I realized he wasn't kidding. Slowly, I opened my mouth and he gently slid the spoon inside. After I received the bite, his smirk grew and he rewarded himself with a spoonful.

I looked back down at my bowl, keeping my eyes from the buys. I was so embarrassed. After dessert, Kaoru got up from the table and excused himself to use the restroom and check to see if their room was ready. I got up and walked over to the railing, leaning against it and admiring the moon once more. Hikaru slowly came over and stood beside me. "Are you glad you decided to come?" He asked; his voice low like he really didn't care for a response.

I was silent for a little bit before finally responding with a "Yes."

He looked over at me and grinned. Delicately, he crept up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, then rested his head on my shoulder. "You should stay the night with Kaoru and I." His breath was caressing my neck.

My face flushed and my eyes looked over in his direction, but I could only see the top of his head, "Again with this little joke?" I questioned.

"It's no joke." He said, nuzzling at my neck now.

I froze, "Please stop Hikaru, this isn't funny."

He paused and lifted his head, so we could look each other in the eyes. His eyes were churning with some undefined ambition that even I, a psychic, couldn't comprehend, "Hikaru?" I whispered.

He pressed his forehead against my temple, but said nothing.

"I should go to bed..." I murmured, starting to twist out of his embrace. Just as I thought I was free, he grabbed my arm and pulled me back. "What?" I said looking at him.

He stared at me for a moment, then opened his mouth, "Do you even know where you're going?"

"Uh..." I realized what I really wanted right then was to escape him.

"I figured as much." He said, now closing the gap of our stretched arms and putting his arm around my waist, its new home position I assumed. Just as he was about to say something, Kaoru stepped back through the doors and occupied my other side. His arm took its home position around my neck.

"Come on Chelsea, I asked where your room was. We'll take you there." Kaoru said, running his fingers through my hair.

Inside, I wondered just how long this little stroll to my room would take. What were these two up to? I could only assume it wasn't anything good for me. Hikaru and Kaoru were so different. Hikaru strong and silent; Kaoru shy and sweet. They were so perfect that I couldn't find a scenario where someone wouldn't fall for them, except me. I couldn't be the divider of these two, especially after the way Kaoru acted being only a little bit separated from each other. I was never meant to fit in here... and never would... no matter how much I wished to get to know them better, I had to tell myself every five seconds to not let myself get attached... little did I know I already was. I was, from the moment we met...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

472K 14.8K 105
:•After some time away Haruhi's twin sister returns to Japan to attend Ouran High School but not without her own past. She soon becomes a new additi...
6.7K 109 14
The Hitachiin twins aren't just twins..... their triplets. Hikaru and Kaoru have a sister named Hotaru. She was just like them all throughout middle...
181K 4.6K 44
Ouran Academy, an elite school filled of with the kids of the elitist Japanese kids and a hand full of scholarship students. As Haruhi Fujioka stumb...
544K 16.4K 53
Starting a new school isn't always easy. You are a new student at Ouran academy and are just trynna survive. You aren't a girly girl and make up and...