The One That Got Away

By Koneko_Senpaixx

Minji has been in love with Namjoon from the moment she laid eyes on him. She had never had the courage to te... More

Confession
Acceptance (How it all began)
Fake smiles & Heart break
White Day
Decision
Home
Feelings Exposed
Happy New Year (Final Chapter)

Jealousy

5.2K 286 389
By Koneko_Senpaixx

As time passed I began to realize that Namjoon was changing, he wasn't the same Namjoon I knew.

"Hey Minji"

"Oh hey girls" I smiled at my friends.

"Is something going on between you & Namjoon?"

"No. Why?" I asked.

"He seems to be very distant from you now. He hardly hangs out with you now."

It's true. He talks to me and all but he doesn't hang out with me or joke with me like he used too. I invite him to go out for ice cream with me after class but he declines. Is it because of Sunny? Is she the cause he's so distant from me?

"I heard Sunny got accepted into 3 universities. Is that true?"

"Hmm? Oh. Yeah she did. She's currently deciding which one she's going to attend" I said,

"Unnie is so cool~ such a great example. She's beautiful, smart, talented. Oh my what a perfect human being"

"She's not perfect..." I said.

"Hmm? Minji, do you envy your sister?"

"What? Why? I just don't see what's so great about her is all. Everyone idolizes her likes she's some kind of God. She's a spoiled brat."

"But technically you're both spoiled. Aren't you?"

Not exactly. Even my parents favor her.

"I guess so."

"Minji, come on. We need to get going."

Namjoon?

I looked behind me and there he stood. I felt happy, over joyed to see him, like a puppy who has been waiting for his owner to return home.

"Bye Minji. Let's talk later"

"Yeah, I'll text you. Bye~"

I walked towards Namjoon. He was awful quite on our way home, did he and Sunny fight?

"Minji...you shouldn't talk bad about your sister." He said.

Excuse me?

"What?"

"You heard me. Don't talk bad about your sister. She hasn't done anything to you, why do you hate her so much?" He asked.

She took you away from me.

I stayed quite.

"Minji....I'm talking to you"

"It's none of your business." I said and stopped walking.

Why is he being like this?

He stopped and looked at me. "Why did you stop walking? Does it bother you that I talk about her?"

"Why do you want to talk about her?" I asked.

"Because she's my girlfriend." He said.

My heart felt crushed. I already knew I couldn't possibly have him but for him to declare that...it hurt.

"Then you should just go to her. I don't like her, I have my own personal reasons why." I said. "If you're going to act like a complete ass about it then I'll walk home by myself."

"Don't walk away from me Minji" he said.

"Or what?" I asked. "You're going to ignore me? You've been ignoring me and avoiding me anyway, what difference will it make? I don't even know why you're acting the way you are."

"We can't be friends anymore..." He looked at me. "Ive been giving it a lot of thought and...I can't."

So it is because of her. She doesn't want him around me....

I scoffed. "Sunny chooses your friends now I see. Well fine by me, Namjoon if you don't want to be friends anymore then whatever. I could care less."

I ripped off the necklace he had given me for my birthday 5 years ago. I handed it to him.

He looked at the necklace then back at me. "Minji this is-"

"No. I don't want it. Why would I want something like that? It'll only remind me of you and since we aren't friends now I think it's best I get rid of it. Throw it in the trash or give it away. I don't care. Namjoon I regret ever meeting you...let's never meet again..."

I was angry, I was upset, I was crushed. With a heavy heart, I walked away.

"Minji..." He called out.

Keep walking. Don't look back. Just keep walking.

"Minji!"

I began walking faster.

"Minji!"

Start running. Don't look back. Don't take back what you said. Don't show him any signs of weakness. Even if I'm dying inside...I can't show him, this agony I feel.

"Ya!" He called out.

He's behind me. Run faster.

"Minji-Ah!" He screamed.

The bus! I ran faster and managed to get inside. I almost missed it...although I'm not exactly sure where it'll take me. I paid the fee and the bus began to drive off. I sat by the window, he was standing on the corner of the street, looking at me. I looked at him then looked away. I can't believe he chose her over me...I've always been there for him. Always by his side when he needed me. She has never done anything for him not once...but yet he chose her.

*VRRR VRRR*

I checked my phone.

-Text from Namjoon-

I opened it.

Namjoon: Minji. I'm sorry. Please forgive me, I didn't mean to say such things.

I put the phone back in my pocket.

He hurts me so much but why can't I say no? Why can't me forget about him? Why do I care? Why can't I stop? I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Sunny, you traitor...how could you do this to me...I trusted you.

I arrived home and went straight to my room. It didn't seem like anyone was home. I lay in bed and looked at the ceiling. I took a deep breath and thought about him, how much it hurt...letting him go just so he could be with her. So many years of friendship only to be ended by her. It's her, it'll always be her. But what am I to do? Highschool's almost over, after that what'll I do? We were supposed to go to the same university but I see now that was just an illusion.

*knock knock*

"Who is it?"

The door opened.

"Namjoon called me and asked me if you were home so I decided to come check if you were in here."

"Hm, well I'm here so you can go now." I said.

She sat at my bedside. "I want to make something clear to you Minji."

I sat up. She had a serious look on her face.

"Oh yeah? What?" I asked looking back at her with the same expression.

"I don't want Namjoon around you anymore. I think you're pathetic for acting so sorrowful just so he'll feel bad. I'm not going to lose him because of you" she said.

"Ha. Please you're nothing but a two faced bitch. You knew I liked him and you took him from me. I despise you and everything you're doing...you don't even like him!" I exclaimed.

"It's not my fault you're such a coward. Besides I can do whatever I please, you're no the boss of me, It's none of your business whether I like Namjoon or not. He's mine, understand? So I suggest you know your place little sister. I'm the one everyone likes best. I'm better than you at everything."

"You can't even cook. You're useless. Your looks will only get you so far 'unnie'." I glared at her.

She smiled and scoffed. "Right. Of course. I may not know how to cook but in everything else, I beat you by a long shot. Namjoon seems to like me just fine, plus it over joys me that he listens to what I say. Remember this Minji, as long as I'm with him, I'm going to make you miserable. I promise you'll wish you would've told him you loved him sooner. Personally, I think it's funny, watching you mope the way you do over him. You're pathetic."

I slapped her.

"Get out of my room!"

"Minji!" My mother spoke. "What are you doing?!"

"Umma, she-"

"I was trying to comfort her and she slapped me..." Sunny spoke with tears in her eyes.

"What?! No! Umma she-"

"We'll talk when your father gets home. Sunny come help me downstairs." My mother said as she walked out of the room.

Sunny wiped her eyes and smiled. "Good luck explaining to father what happened. We'll see how he reacts when you tell him this is all because of Namjoon. He's already my boyfriend, father will think so little of you. More than he already does." She walked out of the room.

She had this planned out...I balled my hands into fists.

*VRRR VRRR*

I grabbed my phone.

-Text message from Namjoon.-

I opened it.

'Minji, I'm really sorry about what I said. I wasn't thinking right, you're my best friend. Please forgive me.'

I sighed and closed my phone.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I wanted to talk to someone...I needed to tell someone what I'm going through but no one is going to believe me. Sunny's this perfect girl who has no flaws. Everyone loves her...I'm the bitter sister. The worthless one. At lunch I sat alone in the classroom, just staring at my food and picking at it.

"Can I sit with you?"

Hmm?

I looked up. "Who are you?"

"Sunbae, my name is Choi JunHong. I'm a 3rd year"

He's pretty cute. That blonde hair. I smiled at him.

"I'm-"

"Minji Lee, 4th year" he smiled back. "So may I?" He asked.

"Oh. Yeah sure." I said. "Go right ahead."

He sat with me and we talked, he seems like a nice guy. It's kinda weird that he calls me Sunbae. I'm not used to anyone calling me that but he seems to like calling me that. So why not let him? He made me smile again, that's what I was most thankful for. He made me smile and feel happy again, even if it was only for a little while. He was in this club that was all about hip hop and rap.

"So you're a rapper?" I asked.

He nodded. "Sunbae, will you come see me sometime?" He asked.

"Uh. When?" I asked.

"Friday. At 7." He said. "Will you?"

"Yeah. Sure" I said.

He smiled. "Uwa! Thank you so much"

We just met but I felt comfortable with him already. Namjoon was in a rap club once, back when we were both 1st years. Rap was/is his thing. He's so good at it too. I remember when he got that awful perm but regardless I supported him. He didn't look SO bad but I preferred his hair the natural way.

-flashback-

"What'd you think of that Minji? Pretty sick huh?"

I smiled. "You have talent Namjoon. I hope someday you'll be able to share it with the world."

"You'll be my manager" he chuckled.

"Manager? Pfft. Your schedule is gonna be all messed up if I do it."

We laughed.

"Minji, thank you for always supporting me. You listen to my raps and you're honest with me. But I wish you would've told me about the perm" he pointed at his hair.

"Haha. It doesn't look THAT bad. Sometimes your hair looks great, you just need to figure out how to style it." I played with his hair. "There"

He looked in the mirror and laughed. "It looks even worse now."

"What?! No it's better now!" I smiled.

"Let me fix YOUR hair then!" He smiled and tried messing my hair up.

"No! Namjoon! Hajima!" I laughed.

He laughed along. "Come here!"

-end of flashback-

I sighed.

"Sunbae?"

I looked up. "Oh. Sorry. I didn't mean to zone out like that"

"Sunbae, is some thing the matter? You look so sad" he looked at me.

"Me? No. I'm just tired." I said.

*PRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNG*

The bell rang.

JunHong pouted. "Aw. Man, I have to go now Sunbae. But maybe we can meet later?"

"Um, yeah sure." I said.

He smiled. "Okay, bye." He bowed and gathered the trash. "I'll see you later"

"You didn't have to get my trash too..." I said.

He gave me an eye smile then walked out.

Hmm. Choi JunHong...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I bumped into Namjoon as I was walking in the hallway.

"Can we talk? Please?" He looked at me.

"I don't know, don't you have to ask Sunny for permission?" I looked at him.

He sighed. "No."

"Well I suppose so. What do you want?" I asked.

"Why haven't you texted me back? Or returned my calls?" He asked.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you anyway." I said.

"Sunny?" He asked.

I stayed quiet.

"I don't understand why she acts like that." He said.

So he knows?

"Namjoon, it's best to just stay away from each other. My sister is a jealous kind of girl and although I'm her sister she just doesn't trust me."

"But why? It's not like you like me or something so why would she trip?" He said.

If he only knew...but if I say something he'll get mad.

"Yeah..." I said.

"Minji Sunbae!"

Hm? I turned around. "Oh JunHong." I smiled. "Hey"

He bowed and smiled. "Sunbae are you b-..." He looked at Namjoon. "Oh, Namjoon Hyung." He bowed again.

Namjoon looked at me then at JunHong. "You two know each other?"

"JunHong sits with me for lunch." I said.

Namjoon seemed to be a little jealous of JunHong. He scowled.

"Sunbae, were you on your way to see me?"

"See you?" Namjoon repeated.

"Oh. Yeah. I was" I looked at Namjoon. "He's in this hip hop club just like you were remember?"

"Why would you go?" Namjoon asked.

So he IS jealous.

"To support him of course." I said.

Namjoon scoffed. "Okay. Well good luck with that."

JunHong looked at me.

I took a deep breath. "Come on JunHong. Let's go."

Namjoon's eyes widened. "You're leaving?"

"You wanna come?" I asked.

"No. Why would I go to a stupid thing like that? I'm going to visit Sunny, have fun at that amateur club Minji." He said as he began walking away.

I balled my hands into fists. JunHong placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry Sunbae. It's alright. Come on let's go" he smiled at me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woah. There's people I know here. Min Yoongi 3rd year, Jung Hoseok 3rd year and Jeon Jungkook 2nd year. Bang Yongguk 4th year and also Kim Himchan a 4th year.

"Minji! Hey girl what's up?" Hoseok approached me. "Say, is Namjoon with you?"

"No...Namjoon went to see my sister." I said.

"So it's true? He's dating Sunny Noona." Yoongi said.

I nodded and I felt my heart drop to my stomach.

"So who'd you come with Minji-ah~" Jungkook asked.

"With me" JunHong spoke.

"You rap?" Yongguk asked.

I shook my head. "Im just here to watch" I said.

Himchan pulled out a chair for me and smiled. "We're delighted to have you"

I smiled back. "Thank you"

I sat down and they plugged in a boom box. They played instrumental beats, all I could think about was Namjoon. He was so good at this...I wonder why he stopped. I closed my eyes and listened to the beat.

-flashback-

"Bitch I'mma monster I rap with a prospect,

yeah I rap with a mindset I'm a suspect

Sucka where yo rhymes at where you lines at?

I'm da king, I'm the god

so where ma emperors at?

I parachute on my Neverland,

I'mma peter pan, so this will never end

You know when I ride on my G5

you sit first class and satisfy and I keep giggling

Keep gigglin, keep jigglin,

bring yo fucking mic beat beat hanpan buteobollae?"

He stopped rapping there and looked at me.

"How was that? I'm still working on the rest but so far do you like it?" He asked.

"You have lots of talent for this stuff Namjoon. It's really good. Are you going to show Yoongi and the others?" I asked.

"Yeah. Hoseok, Yoongi and I are making a cypher."

"It's the 2nd one" I said.

"Yeah it is." He smiled. "Minji thanks for always being honest with me" l

"If it sucked trust me you'd know. But Namjoon I'm serious, you should show someone your music, I bet you'd be a huge sensation." I said.

"You really think so Minji?"

I nodded and smiled.

"Maybe someday." He said.

-end of flashback-

Then he suddenly he just stopped. But I never knew why.

"That was sick JunHong!" Yoongi exclaimed.

I came back to my senses. What happened?

JunHong smiled at me. I smiled back and gave him a thumbs up. Even though I had no clue what had just occurred.

After their club meet was over, JunHong and I walked home together.

"Did you like it Sunbae?" He asked.l

"You can call me Minji" I smiled. "Yeah. It was really nice, I kind of missed hearing that kind of stuff."

"Namjoon Hyung used to go there. But then he stopped going, do you know why Sunbae?" He asked.

"No. Do you?" I asked.

"No. I was hoping you'd know." He said.

I've always wanted to ask but since he never told me I didn't bother asking.

"Minji Sunbae...."

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Were you and Hyung ever dating?" He asked.

"What?" My heart raced at the thought. "N-No! He's just my friend" I said.

"I see. But Sunbae, the way you look at him...do you like Namjoon Hyung?" He asked.

I stayed quiet.

"Sorry. I shouldn't be nosey...."

"It's complicated JunHong...like really complicated." I said.

"Do you want to get some hot chocolate?" He asked.

Well I am kind of hungry and thirsty.

"Yeah sure." I smiled.

We walked to the café and sat down, we ordered our hot chocolate and some sweets. We talked for a long while, laughing, smiling....it almost felt like I was with Namjoon except that it wasn't. I feel strangely comfortable with JunHong, I feel like he gets me. I ended up telling him about Sunny and how she treated me. Also about Namjoon.

"Noona doesn't even seem like that, Sunbae that's horrible. But why didn't you tell Hyung? Do you think he'd be mad at you?"

"Yes. Plus, Sunny is his dream girl. I never stood a chance JunHong...I'm not as pretty as her and she's thinner than me...everyone likes her better. " I said as I looked at my hot chocolate.

He placed his hand on top of mine.

"I like you just the way you are Sunbae. You're beautiful and charming. If you ever need anything, I'll be here for you" he said.

I looked up at him and his expression was very sincere. It's a look Namjoon also got she he was comforting me...

But he's not Namjoon....I need to stop comparing them...he's not anything like Namjoon.

"Thank you JunHong." I smiled.

He smiled back.

We talked for a while longer then he walked me home. I had such a wonderful time with him, he's a good guy.

"I'll see you tomorrow Sunbae" he smiled.

I nodded. "Be careful on your way home okay?"

The gate door opened. Namjoon...

I felt JunHong hug me. "I'll miss you..." He said.

My eyes widened. What's he doing?!

"Minji-Ah. Hug me back." He whispered.

I hugged him back. "Thank you for today. I needed that..."

He pulled away from me. Gosh he's so tall. He leaned down and kissed my forehead. I gasped. OMG I can't believe him!! Doing this right in front of Namjoon!

"Babe why are you just..." Sunny looked over to where JunHong and I stood.

Did she just call him babe?

"Bye Minji" JunHong smiled.

"Uh..yeah. Bye JunHong." I said.

He walked away and bowed when he was going past Sunny & Namjoon.

Sunny smiled. "Who was that Minji? Boyfriend?"

"No. He's-"

"If he's not your boyfriend he shouldn't be doing that" Namjoon said in a serious tone.

"Ohh this gives me an idea. Let's go on a double date next time Minji. It'll be fun" Sunny grinned.

No way. JunHong isn't my boyfriend, plus I doubt he'd want to do something as lame as that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Minji, is JunHong seriously dating you?" Namjoon asked.

"Huh? N-No. We're just friends." I said. "Besides what's it to you? You don't even talk to me unless you see me in the hallway."

I closed my locker.

"Minji, I'm going to to talk to Sunny okay?"

"Since when does she control what you do? Namjoon you've onto been dating for 2 months and already she has you wrapped around her finger. You pushed me aside for her!" I said as I looked at him. "You threw away our friendship for her. That shows me you don't care. So just stop..."

"Like if you're any better! You're replacing me with that 3rd year kid!" He exclaimed.

"I'm not replacing you! I'm allowed to have other friends Namjoon. Why do you hate him so much? You're always so rude to him and treat him like you're better than him!"

"You're MY best friend. You belong to me Minji not him or anyone else! Friends forever remember?"

"But-"

He hugged me. "I'm sorry...I'm sorry I pushed you aside...please don't be mad at me. Don't replace me."

Namjoon up until now has always been the type of guy who doesn't really express himself like this. His image was a cool image but here he is...acting soft and sensitive.

I hugged him back. "Namjoon, it's okay. I guess I was bit harsh...but I promise JunHong is my friend and nothing more. Even so, he could never replace you. You're special to me Namjoon."

More than special...No matter if all the boys in the universe confessed their love for me, I'd decline because I love you.

"I promise to talk to Sunny and tell her that you're my best friend and she needs to accept that"

But what if she doesn't...

He pulled away from me and looked into my eyes. "You're still my best friend right?" He smiled.

I smiled back. "Of course I am. You're still mine right?"

He nodded and ruffled my hair. "Let's walk home together after school."

"Sure thing" I said.

I felt happy. I missed him so much but I needed to pretend like it didn't affect me, if I showed that I knew Sunny would only get a kick out of it and try harder to hurt me.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TO BE CONTINUED.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.8K 2.7K 11
"He feels Jin's hand intertwine with his and Namjoon can think of a whole list of reasons not to latch onto it then. But he does. " A story in which...
174 19 10
Mi-Sun a shy but sweet girl who's always been jealous of her brother Jimin because her parents favor him over her and because of that she hated her l...
787 50 8
Min Yoongi a Mafia. Y/N an innocent girl who agrees on marrying without knowing anything about him for her own personal reasons. Yoongi, having no ne...
990 61 7
Best friends Namjoon and Jungkook have been avoiding their feelings for so long. Until one drunken night forces them to face it.