Back to You | ✓

By AlwaysLostInWords

#1 in Assistant - 14.12.2019 #1 in Billionaire - 20.12.2019 #10 in Romance - 23.12.2019 #2 in New Adult - 23... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter - Fight Night
Bonus Chapter - A Special Moment
Bonus Chapter - Drunk Sebastian

38.

74.2K 2.5K 660
By AlwaysLostInWords

After Sebastian had spoken to his friends, he wasted no time and began to except his plan of trying woo Mia in Amsterdam.

He spoke to his father first and told him, that he wanted to take up more responsibilities in the company, and thought that going to conferences, such as the one in Amsterdam, was a good way to start doing that.

Sebastian had obviously left out the part, that he wanted to spend more time with Mia during the trip, since that was probably best kept to himself.

After hearing his son speak with such passion, Richard was delighted and immediately agreed to his suggestion. He even insisted that he take Mia along with him.

Little did Richard know, that was the initial plan.

Mia did look forward to going to Amsterdam, since she'd never been, however she was quite hesitant because it would mean having to spend time alone with with Sebastian.

After their near kiss at Leslie's party and then the way he took care of her when she fell ill, Mia could feel her heart racing at times due to his close proximity. At least in the office, she could come up with some sort of excuse to avoid him and then she could go to her own home at the end of the day.

She really wasn't sure on how she felt about Sebastian. Yes, her pulse would race when he was around her and her skin would heat up, with that intense gaze of his, but she had all that when she was ill too.

He was sweet and kind and caring towards her, but then he had also been the opposite of those things before. She couldn't bring herself to forgot about all that had happened in the past. She wanted to, but couldn't.

Together in Amsterdam, for three days, it was going to be a challenge for her.

When the pair got to the city, it was the day of the conference. They wanted to check into the hotel first and put their things down, before having head to the conference. However, when they got to the hotel, they were both in for a shock.

Since Richard was the one who was going to come initially, his assistant had booked him one room with only a double bed.

The decision to send Sebastian was pretty last minute. He hadn't mentioned it to Richard before and everything was planned in a bit of a haste. The room situation was complete  oversight, it wasn't even something Sebastian had planned, but was pretty happy with. It was like fate was on his side.

Unfortunately, there were no other rooms available in that same hotel, as it was booked up due to the conference and it seemed to be a popular time for a visit.

They need to hurry and put their belongings in the room, so that they weren't late to the conference, which left them with no choice, but to accept the situation.

Whilst Sebastian nervously accepted it, hoping that he wasn't pushing his luck too much, Mia begrudgingly went along with the circumstances too.

The pair decided that they can be grown ups about the situation and sleep on one bed for the time being, without anything happening.

In all honesty, Sebastian was surprised that Mia agreed to it, but for obvious reasons he wasn't going to voice his surprise. He didn't want to spook her or cause her to change her mind suddenly.

Mia didn't want to share the bed, but she didn't see much of a choice either, since the other options were the floor or a sofa, both of which didn't look all that comfortable.

She hated being stuck in a complete cliche situation but then, she also didn't want to seem like she was weak or that his closeness effected her, so Mia went along with it. If it got too uncomfortable for her, she could always just move to the sofa.

After settling into their room, the two of them hastily made their way to the conference. They had managed to make in time and stayed the whole way through, with it lasting for a few hours.

By the time the event had ended, the sun had already begun to slowly set.

Mia was like she was starving, since the food had the conference wasn't so great, so she suggested that Sebastian and her go for dinner together.

Instantly, Sebastian agreed.

The pair had found a cute little restaurant to dine at. Mia had forgotten how long it had been since they had eaten together. Their work lunches were non-existent, which at first she thought she was okay with, only now did she realise she missed it.

Just like they had done the first time the had gone to lunch together, they got to know each other more. With Sebastian seemingly eager to know her more, as if he were trying to write her biography.

They dined together, till the late evening, both finding that they quite enjoyed and missed each other's company.

Not wanting the night to end so quickly, Sebastian proposed the two go for a late night stroll. They walked through the streets of Amsterdam together, sharing stories and having a few laughs.

Mia really liked this, playful and caring side of Sebastian's, that she had seen during this evening.

The way he would make sure that he was standing towards the edge of the pathway, so that he was next to the roads. How a slight shiver from her, made him take off his blazer and wrap it around her shoulders. The way he listened intently to her ever word, hearing her every laugh, and just focusing on her.

It was like he was trying to make a mental note on everything single about her.

And it was true. Sebastian tried to focus on it all. From her beautiful, glasses-covered, brown eyes, to her smile. Her hair, her words, her every breath. He wanted to know all of her.

Their walk lasted till just after midnight, until they both were tired and decided to head back to the hotel.

Both Sebastian and Mia were too exhausted to think about sharing a bed with one another, so quietly they slipped in under the blankets, muttering a goodnight and drifted off to sleep.

There was a good distance between the two of them, no contact whatsoever. Mia hadn't even realised that Sebastian had slept right on the edge of the bed, to avoid making her feel uncomfortable.

***

The next day, Mia had realised that their plane tickets for tomorrow were booked for the early afternoon. This would mean that they wouldn't get that day to explore and only really had today.

Mia really wanted to see more of Amsterdam, so she booked a walking tour of the city to learn more about it. A educational tour wasn't exactly something that Sebastian was so keen on, but seeing Mia's excitement he couldn't say no. 'It was still a chance to spend time with her,' he thought.

The tour lasted a couple of hours, as everyone learnt more about the city's history, dark secrets and a lot more.

It was a really fun experience for Mia, who tried soak in all the information from the tour and learning everything that she could.

Sebastian, however, hadn't listened to one word that was said during the past hours. He instead was focused on the way Mia had unconsciously linked her arm within his, as they walked along with the rest of the group.

He wasn't sure if she did that on purpose or whether she even knew she had done it, but the simple act made him happy.

A smile adorned his face as he looked at her, so invested in the whole tour. As she kept moving her head around, taking in her surroundings, Sebastian just kept looking at her. She was really cute.

They had then decided that since they had walked quite a lot during the day, after lunch, Sebastian rented two bikes, so that Mia and him could go on a bike ride together.

Sebastian never really had the chance of doing these kinds of things when at home, due to his work, but also because he never really thought about. Yet, he wanted to go out of his way to do these things with Mia and really enjoyed it.

As the two of them rode across the bridges on their bikes, Mia couldn't deny that she was having a lot of fun. She was loving this trip to Amsterdam, a lot more than she initially anticipated.

They stopped bike ride next to a certain bridge, where on a lamppost, a few engraved padlocks hung.

Sebastian pulled a padlock out from his pocket, where he had written both his and Mia's name, with the date. He was adding it to the collection on the lamppost, and it was in this moment and at this little gesture Mia realised she was falling for Sebastian.

This was clearly something he had already thought about doing, and the action touched Mia's heart. The gesture was really sweet.

He was making it really hard for her to stay neutral when it came to him. The way he looked at her as if there was only her and the way he wasn't even trying, but still managing to steal her heart.

It was bloody annoying. The heartless bastard wasn't even letting her not like him.

The rest of the day and throughout dinner, Mia was left with the realisation that she was beginning to fall for Sebastian, and it terrified her.

She didn't want it to be thrown back in her face, if she were to ever confess and although she knew Sebastian well enough now, to know that he would do that, she couldn't deny the small part of her, that still wasn't entirely sure about him.

Sebastian, however, was content with the entire trip.

He didn't know if his plan had worked, and if Mia felt anything towards him, good or bad, he just knew they had definitely made some kind of progress and it was enough for him to call the trip a success.

After another long day, the two were back in their hotel room.

Mia's feet and her muscles were aching, from all the walking and the cycling. All she wanted to do now, was crawl onto her side of the bed and be dead to the world. Only, she realised that she had left her pyjamas in the bathroom, where Sebastian was currently showering.

'Of fucking course,' she thought to herself.

She then walked towards the bathroom door. There was no sound of the shower running, so she hoped that Sebastian was done occupying the bathroom.

Raising her hand, Mia knocked on the door hesitantly.

"Uh, Sebastian?" she called out.

"Yeah?" His reply came back through the door.

"I've left my pyjamas in there. Do you mind if I get them?" Mia asked, finding it slightly awkward to think she could be talking to a naked Sebastian.

There was a slight pause and she could hear some shuffling, and assumed he was probably looking around for her pyjamas.

"Oh right. I'm done anyway, one sec," he replied.

After a moment, he opened the door and a puff of steam left the room. Sebastian stood there with just a towel wrapped around his waist, water droplets making his upper body glisten under the bright, bathroom light. His hair was still wet, with small drops trailing down his neck and face.

Mia noticed that he was still in his towel and kept her eyes trained on his face, not daring to look further down.

"Thanks," she mumbled and entered the bathroom, quickly spotting her pyjamas hanging on a towel hook. She walked towards it and grabbed them in her hands.

The whole time, Sebastian stood there smirking at her rushed movements. It gave him some satisfaction to know that he had some effect on her.

Again, he felt like it was fate, and not her forgetfulness, that her pyjamas were left in the bathroom whilst he was in there.

Mia then turned to see him still standing in the bathroom and she looked at him confused.

"Aren't you going?" she questioned.

Sebastian gently shook his head, causing more droplets to fall from his hair.

"I need to brush my teeth," he said and moved to stand in front of the sink.

"Oh," Mia replied, still rooted in her spot.

She has wanted to brush her teeth as well, but thought she'd let him do it first.

Before she could make a move to leave the bathroom, Sebastian stopped her.

"Don't you need to as well? There's enough room for the both of us," he said, and scooted to the side a bit, to give Mia some room.

"Right," she then mumbled.

She really hoped that he would've just left. Why is he being so damn courteous? Mia then placed her pyjamas back onto the towel hook and walked towards the sink, to brush her teeth as well.

Sebastian liked the way the two were brushing their teeth together. There was something about the action, that made it seem like they were more than just coworkers. In this moment, it was like they were truly a couple and it was a feeling he really liked.

Mia was also thinking about how they looked like a couple, and although she did find herself liking it, especially how Sebastian would wink her at her through the mirrors reflection, she didn't want to have her head too in the clouds.

After finishing up, Mia was the first one to make a move to leave, much to Sebastian's disappointment.

"I should-" Mia had just began to say as she took a step forward, only to end up slipping on the puddle created by the water dripping off of Sebastian's body.

Before she completely fell back towards the shower area, Sebastian grabbed a hold of her, as if on reflex, to prevent her from getting hurt.

His arms protectively wrapped around her waist, as she hold onto her and looked at her in pure concern.

"Mia! Are you okay?" Sebastian asked her, looking over for any sign that she was hurting, despite the fact that she hadn't exactly fallen and he'd caught her just in time.

"Y-yeah I'm..." Mia stuttered out, as the initial shock of nearly slipping finally began to wear off and she realised, she was clinging onto a half-naked Sebastian.

"I'm fine," she then said and made a move to stand up straight, but as she did, Sebastian stepped forward and ended up clumsily slipping on the wet tiles too.

His body crashed into Mia's and they tumbled towards the shower.

Sebastian held onto Mia a lot tighter, with the sudden movement, pulling her into him, flush against his chest.

Her flailing arm hit the shower knob, before she clutched one hand onto his shoulder, the other around his waist, anything to stop her falling. She nearly grabbed his towel in the process. Thankfully, that stayed on.

Ice cold water began to jet out of the shower head, streaming down and soaking the two of them.

The pair were frozen, not just from the cold water, but in time, as they locked eyes and were gazing at one another.

Sebastian then noticed that Mia was standing directly under the shower head and the cold water was hitting her more.

He clutched onto Mia's waist and spun them around, his towering frame now shielding her from the water, his back just taking the force of it.

It didn't occur to him to just turn the shower off.

Despite the temperature so low, Sebastian felt like Mia's hands were burning his skin. The mere touch lighting a fire on his body. He felt every movement of her hands, the soft palms, shaky fingers, even the way they would tense and hold him tighter.

He was so glad to be under a cold shower.

Meanwhile, Mia was in her own daze. Her clothes were stuck to her body, but the uncomfortable feeling of that didn't really register, not when Sebastian's hands were on her waist. She felt him grip her waist, the rush when he spun them around, his hands trailing up her back and holding her protectively.

She was thankful that she had her glasses on, the water on the lens completely blinded her vision, which saved her from his intense gaze. She knew for a fact, that those hazel eyes were on her, and her only. She could feel them on her, even if she couldn't exactly see.

Just as shiver raked through her body, Mia was suddenly snapped out of her dazed state.

She stepped back from Sebastian and reached around him, to finally turn the shower off.

"T-thank you," she stuttered out, the cold now getting to her.

"Anytime," Sebastian said, rather nervously.

He didn't wish to be under a freezing cold shower again,  anytime soon, even it was with Mia. Okay, that was a bit of lie. For her, he'd freeze in the Artic Circle in swimwear.

Sebastian then left bathroom, so that Mia could dry off and change into her pyjamas, which she originally wanted to do. He dried off too and changed in the actual room.

After the awkward shower moment, the two didn't say much to each other and just slipped into bed, mumbling a goodnight robotically.

In the middle of the night, Mia was still cold from the shower and her body shivered slightly. Her hair still hadn't tried properly, and the dampness of it, wasn't helping at all.

Sebastian noticed this, and without thinking, pulled her closer to him, so that her back was against his chest, and he protectively wrapped and arm around her, providing her with some much needed warmth.

Mia wasn't exactly a deep sleeper, so when she felt herself being moved, her eyes fluttered open.

She realised that Sebastian had pulled her closer towards him and was holding her. His arm around her waist and she felt the other outstretched under the pillows.

Despite being awake, she liked this feeling and continued to let him hold her throughout the night.

The two ended up having the best sleep they've ever had before.

***

Love in Amsterdam...hopefully

Hope you enjoyed the read :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3M 246K 43
The youngest billionaire in town with the looks of Adonis and everything at his feet desired just one thing more in life. His perfect match. He wishe...
604K 21.2K 51
For both the families, It was just a business deal. A partnership, that would ensure their 'Billionaire' titles. And to top it all off, they even agr...
266K 7.4K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...
454K 19.2K 73
I woke up in the morning and felt the pain in a place I've never hurt before. I took a peek at my own body, and my mind went blank. My eyes found a m...