Seeing Double

By AMAC45

11 years. It's been 11 years since Astrid's seen her twin in person, but when the USWNT has an injury crisis... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96

13

10.2K 185 21
By AMAC45

Astrid's POV

"I'm so tired." Kelley groans as she sits down.

We're flying to England today.

"You can sleep on the plane Kels." I say.

"Okay." Kelley mumbles then cuddles into Alex.

"Let's go get coffee." Christen says.

I nod and the two of us walk away from the group.

"You alright?" I ask. "You've been a bit quiet today."

"Do you think Alex would say yes if I proposed?"

"Of course she would...What's up Christen? Where's that confident woman I know and love?" I say then Christen sighs.

"She can do so much better." Christen mumbles.

"Pressy you are the perfect woman for Alex...Have you talked to Alex about this?"

"No because then she'll find out I'm trying to propose."

"Is that the only reason?" I ask.

"Yeah." Christen sadly says.

"Hey." I say then pull Christen into a hug. "Alex is in love with you and her endgame is you. You two are gonna have a bunch of kids and live happily ever after."

"Our kids are gonna be hella cute." Christen says with a chuckle.

"Yes they will."

Christen and I finally get to the coffee shop and order for us and our girls then we sit and wait for our order.

"Can I ask you something?" I say.

"Of course."

"What do I do about Tobin's birthday?"

"What do you mean?" Christen says.

"Like I have her presents, but am I suppose to arrange a party or like take her on a date or something?"

"You just do what your comfortable with...wait are you two public?"

"No." I mumble.

"That's fine Astrid." Christen says then squeeze my hand. "I get it."

"ORDER FOR ASTRID AND CHRISTEN."

"Finally." I mumble.

Christen and I get our drinks then walk back over to the group. Once back with the team I hand Tobin her drink and Christen gives Alex her drink. We talk for a while and eventually our flight is called.

Everyone stands in line and hands the gate agent their ticket then we file onto the plane. Luckily I'm sitting next to Tobin which makes both of us smile. The two of us take our seats and relax until take off then after we're airborne we decide to catch up on our sleep.

As I'm about to fall asleep something hits my leg so I open my eyes and see a very tired looking Kelley with her blanket and her plush husky. I immediately un-buckle my seat belt, lean my chair all the way back, then put my leg rest up so I'm laying fully down. After I put my pillow behind my head I open my arms and Kelley crawls on top of me and lays on me.

"You alright?" I ask and hold Mrs. Snuggles.

"Tired." Kelley says and throws her blanket over us.

Kelley then takes Mrs. Snuggles from me and lays her head on my chest while cuddling her plushie. I then kiss my twins head and wrap my arms around her.

"She alright?" Tobin whispers.

"She's just tired. Her and Hope were up all night planning their wedding." I reply.

"Strides." Kelley mumbles.

"Yeah Kelloggs?"

"Can you sing?"

"The usual?" I ask and Kelley nods so I start singing.

Somewhere over the rainbow way up high
There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby
Somewhere over the rainbow skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true

Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me

Somewhere over the rainbow bluebirds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow
Why then, oh, why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow
Why, oh, why can't I?

When I finish I hear Kelley's soft snores which makes me kiss her head.

"Sleep tight Kelloggs." I whisper.

I look over at Tobin and see she is asleep too.

"Sleep tight Toby." I whisper then follow the two women into dream land.

- - - - -

"Astrid...Astrid...Astrid Grace O'Hara wake up."

"Shut up Maureen." I say then rub my eyes.

When I fully open my eyes I come face to face with my twin.

"Hello."

"Hey." Kelley says then kisses my nose. "You're very comfy."

"Did you sleep the whole time?"

"I always do when we cuddle."

"Good."

"I should probably get back to my seat."

I nod then unwrap my arms from around my sister. Kelley kisses my forehead then returns to her seat as I put my seat back to it's upright position before the stewardess gets all pissy.

10 minutes later we land at Heathrow and taxi to our gate. As we're disembarking the plane I look over at Christen and she smiles at me and gives me a thumbs up.

I guess she and Alex talked.

After we get off the plane the team heads to baggage claim so we can get our bags, but as we are waiting for our stuff I feel someone pull on my sweat pants so I look down and see a cute little girl.

"Hallo." She says. (Hello)

"Hallo Süße. Wie heißen Sie?" I ask and smile at the little girl. (Hello sweetie. What's your name?)

"Katarina und du bist Astrid."(Katarina and you're Astrid.)

"Ich bin. Sind Sie ein Fan Wolfsburg?" (I am. Are you a Wolfsburg fan?)

"Ja." (Yeah)

"Ich dachte, ich schon bei den Spielen gesehen habe." (I thought I'd seen you at the games before.)

"Du erinnerst dich an mich?" Katarina asks with a shocked expression. (You remember me?)

"Natürlich weiß ich das. Sie und Ihre Eltern sitzen hinter der Bank die meisten Spiele." I say with a smile. (Of course I do. You and your parents sit behind the bench most games.)

The little girl smiles then hugs me.

"Komm Katarina. Wir müssen gehen." The girls mom, I assume, says. (Come on Katarina. We have to go.)

"Halten Sie einen Moment." I say. (Hold on one moment.)

I grab my backpack and open it up then grab my away jersey from last season I forgot to pack.

"Hier gehen Sie Schätzchen." I say and hold it out to her with a smile. (Here you go sweetie.)

The little girls face lights up then she hugs me again.

"Danke" Katarina says. (Thank you)

Katarina's Mom then asks to take a picture and I happily oblige. Once the picture is taken Katarina hugs me again then she and her parents leave as I zip up my back pack.

"What a cute kid." I say then turn around and face the team. "What?"

Everyone is looking at me.

"Do you always keep a jersey handy?" Lindsey asks.

"No. That one didn't fit in my luggage so I put it in my backpack."

"Let's go everyone." Dawn says.

Kelley hands me my luggage and we walk to the bus. While walking to the bus my phone is going off non stop so I take it out. Every notification I have is from Instagram so I open it.

"Fuck." I mumble.

"What?" Carli asks from next to me.

I then show her my phone.

"Don't say anything yet. We'll address it at the hotel."

I nod then get on the bus and sit in silence for the whole drive to where we are staying. Once at the hotel or whatever the fuck it is everyone gets off the bus, gets their bags and room assignments, then we head to our rooms.

"Hey roommate." Tobin says.

"Hello beautiful." I say making Tobin blush.

Tobin goes to say something, but both of our phones buzz.

"That's odd." Tobin says as we both check our phones.

Carli: Meeting in my room

Carli: Now

"Come on." Tobin says and holds her hand out to me.

I happily take her hand and intertwine our fingers. The two of us then walk down the hall and walk in to Carli's room with a couple other girls. Once in the room Tobin and I sit at the foot of one of the beds next to Ash and wait for the rest of the team to arrive.

"Alright." Carli says after everyone arrives. "We need to have a chat about social media and what we post."

Carli then grabs her phone and taps a couple time then shows us her phone.

She's showing us the post that blew up my phone. 10 or 12 of the girls posted a picture on instagram of Kelley and I cuddled up asleep on the flight. The only bad thing is that in the picture you can see Tobin and I holding hands.

"Okay while this is a very cute picture can anyone want to tell me what's wrong here?"

"Wait." Kelley says then grabs the phone. "You idiots. They aren't public yet."

"Shit." I hear someone say.

"Before any of you say it I'm not ashamed of Tobin." I say.

"Does Tobin know that?" Allie asks.

"Yes." Tobin instantly says. "I know exactly why she wants our relationship to be private."

"Why then?" Allie asks and glares at me.

"I know you are Tobin's best friend and you're trying to lookout for her, but in no way, shape, or form do I have to explain why I don't want our relationship public at the moment. That is mine and Tobin's business."

"Alright." Becky says. "That's enough. We're going into the biggest tournament of our lives right now and we don't need to be at each other's throats."

"I know none of you did it on purpose, but just watch what you post okay?" Carli says. "Okay you're free to go."

Tobin stands up and leads me out of the room and back to our room. Once the door to our room closes Tobin pulls me into a hug.

"I'm not ashamed." I say and try not to get emotional.

"I know baby." Tobin says and rubs my back. "It's okay."

"I'm not ashamed." I repeat.

"Hey." Tobin says and wipes a stray tear from my eye. "I know you aren't and I don't care what other people think."

Tobin leans in and softly kisses me.

"We've had a long day so let's get some sleep."

"okay." I mumble.

Tobin goes to the bathroom to change so I change in the room. Once I'm changed I get in bed and leave room for Tobin. A minute later Tobin comes out of the bathroom, puts her dirty clothes away, then joins me in bed.

Once my beautiful girlfriend has joined me in bed I wrap an arm around her and pull her into me.

"It'll be okay baby." Tobin says and kisses my hand. "It'll be okay."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 105 29
It's been 5 months since the World Cup. Alex and Tobin are planning their wedding, preparing for the day they go to court with Andy, and thinking abo...
381K 9.1K 68
It has been one year since your wedding day and if you're thinking your married, sorry to say, but you're not. It has been one year since Alex Morgan...
169K 3.9K 46
17 years years ago Ali Krieger gave birth to a young girl named Y/n. For 5 years she was the light of the Uswnt but when Y/n gets lost and ends up in...
27.9K 710 13
Alex Morgan has a few things she's keeping from her teammates. Things like who she's in love with, and how she lost her, and how she needs help getti...