Broken Until You

Par dreamaquarius

[COMPLETED] Autumn Cross is now in 12th grade at her new school, Willington High, with only one goal in mind:... Plus

Chapter 1 - You and Me? Partners? Nahhh
Chapter 2 - Confronting the Bad Boy
Chapter 3 - Friends? More like Enemies
Chapter 4 - Sadly, We're Neighboors
Chapter 5 - Caught Staring
Chapter 6 - Dinner at the Becker's
Chapter 7 - Derek the Lifesaver
Chapter 8 - Locked Out
Chapter 9 - Trip to the Animal Shelter
Chapter 10 - Inner Peace
Chapter 11 - Bad Boys Get Jealous? Never Knew
Chapter 12 - Broccoli
Chapter 13 - The War Within Me
Chapter 14 - I Didn't Know that was Your Kink
Chapter 15 - Way to Kill the Mood Bieber
Chapter 16 - He Cares
Chapter 17 [PART 1] - Too Real For Me
Chapter 17 [PART 2] - Feeling of Confidence
Chapter 18 - The Lion and His Prey
Chapter 19 - Ghost Town
Chapter 20 - Halloween
Chapter 21 - The Night Sparks Vulnerability
Chapter 22 - Ice Cream and Dirty Thoughts
Chapter 23 - A Desire to Protect Her
Chapter 24 - The Picture
Chapter 25 - Ofcourse, We're Roomates
Chapter 26 - Empire State Building
Chapter 27 - We're Both Broken, You Know
Chapter 28 - Let Me Show You Peace
Chapter 29 [PART 1] - The Thought of Her
Chapter 29 [PART 2] - Be Mine
Chapter 30 - Christmas
Authors Note (more chapters coming)
Chapter 31 - Bad Things Happen to Good People
Chapter 32 - We Meet Again
Chapter 33 - My Love, I Adore You
Authors Note (again lol)
Help Me Choose a Book Cover :)
Chapter 34 - Heather Being Nice? Not Possible
Chapter 36 - It's Not What it Looks Like
Chapter 37 - Sleepless Nights
Chapter 38 - The Enemy Saves the Day
Chapter 39 - Hug Me Tighter
Chapter 40 - Long Distance?
Book Cover
Chapter 41 - The Presentation
Chapter 42 - I'm All Yours
Chapter 43 - Graduation
EPILOGUE
Thank You, Readers
BONUS CHAPTER
One More Thank You (Please Read)

Chapter 35 - Prom Queen

25.2K 687 338
Par dreamaquarius

AUTHORS NOTE: yikes...sorry there was a long pause from last chapter to now. I'm still in school so I don't have much free time to write (especially since finals are coming).

Autumn

"That son of a bitch," Grace said after I ended the phone call with the lady who worked at the dress shop.

I itched the back of my neck and huffed in anger, but the tone in my voice was filled with worry.

"What am I going to do?! I don't have a fucking dress anymore because that slut Heather went earlier this morning and took mine! The one I put on hold so I could pick it up today!"

I knew there was something suspicious when Heather was lingering around the store waiting for us to leave. I knew it.

Grace put her hand on my shoulder to calm me down. "It's okay, Autumn. We will think of something."

I looked at her. We both sat on my bed with Finn, who was panting like crazy because the fan in my room barely worked and I was too embarrassed to ask Ryder's mom to turn on the A.C.

As I looked at Grace, I compared her to me. She was wearing a fully beaded, fitted gold gown with an off-the-shoulder bodice. Her blonde hair was curled into tiny wringlets that barely hit her shoulders. Her makeup: clear gloss, gold eyeshadow, and highlight looked perfect against her skin.

Then I looked down at my body. I was still in my pajamas because the lady at the dress shop called and said someone named Heather picked up my dress, saying she was going to deliver it to me. My hair and makeup were done so that saves me time a little bit.

But the worse part is how am I going to find another black dress, when prom is in less than two hours!!

I haven't told Ryder yet about my dilemma because he's over at his best friend Brandon's house getting ready.

"Autumn," Grace said, trying to get my attention because I was freaking out.

"Yeah?"

"Taylor texted me. I told her about the whole Heather thing, and she said she has a spare dress. She's coming over right now."

"Oh my god," I exhaled, relief washing over me. "Maybe this night won't be so bad after all."

***

"Well?" Taylor asked, stepping back so I could have the whole mirror to myself.

"I...love...it," I whispered as I admired the dress on me. It was way prettier than the one I wanted so jokes on Heather.

The dress I wore was a light blue fitted lace gown with a V-neck bodice and tulle cape with lace appliqués.

Authors note: I know that description ^ of the dress makes absolutely no sense. That's the description from the website of the store it's from (Sherri Hill) so I just re-wrote it because I didn't know how to describe it other wise. The picture of the dress is at the bottom of the chapter.

"Damn...you're hot. Both of you," Taylor said as she wrapped her arms around us with a big smile on her face.

"Stop!" Grace hit Taylor's arm away. "You're going to mess up my hair, Tay!"

"Woah there, don't get so aggressive-''

The door bell ringed.

The three of us looked at eachother in panic.

"Hurry!" Grace screamed, bustling around the room trying to fix her dress.

Taylor started rushing too. Finn got all excited and began to chase her around the room.

"Oh my god, Autumn. Your dog is going to eat my dress!"

I laughed and held Finn back as the two girls hurried to make finishing touches on their appearances.

The door bell rang again.

Peaking my head out of my bedroom, I yelled "we're coming!"

Ryder's mom beat me to the front door, letting in Ryder, Brandon and Jake. (If you don't remember, Jake is Grace's boyfriend).

"Are they in Autumn's room?" I could hear Ryder ask his mom.

I smiled. Even though I would be seeing him in a matter of seconds I already pictured what he looked like in a suit.

Really good, I bet.

"Ok. We're ready," Grace said while opening my bedroom door all the way and walking out.

Like ducklings following their mother, we followed Grace out the door and into the living room, where the three boys waited.

Ryder

The sound of heels clicking against the wood floor made me look up.

The first girl to come into view was Grace.

She looked beautiful, but obviously I wasn't interested in her.

From behind her, Autumn peaked out and into my view.

I felt like I was in a slow motion scene – where everything around me became blurry except for Autumn.

I couldn't speak, only watch. She looked like a runway model as she strutted to me in her elegant dress.

She finally approached me. I couldn't breathe.

"Hi," she purred, her manicured fingers brushed my chest.

Damn. My pants felt tight.

"H-Hi," I breathed.

When I came to my senses I wrapped my arm around her waist, pulling her body closer to me so I could whisper in her ear.

"You look lovely," I told her. My cheek was barely touching hers as I whispered and I could feel her cheek heat up.

"T-Thank you."

I smirked. Now who's the one out of breath.

I totally forgot there were other people around her and I until my mom started fangirling.

"I'm so happy, I could scream! All of you look so beautiful. I remeber when the two of you-'' she looked at Brandon and I, "-were just little boys. Now look at you!"

"Mom..." I groaned. So embarrassing.

"I'm just so proud, sweetie. Now, let's take photos!"

After what felt like one million pictures later, we finally all drove in Brandon's car to prom.

When we got to the place where prom was being held, all the way from the parking lot I could hear the music blasting.

As we got out of Brandon's car, I grabbed Autumn's hand and rushed her inside.

Right when we got inside a slow song started to play. Everyone who had a date rushed to the dance floor and started dancing slowly with their partner.

I held out my arm. "Care to dance with me, my love?"

She smiled and I gasped as butterflies swarmed in my stomach. She has such a charming smile. I loved it. It made me so happy.

How could someone affect me so much?

"I would love to," she replied, hooking her arm around mine.

We moved to the dance floor. I snaked my left arm around her tiny waist as my right hand held onto her hand. She rested her hand that wasn't holding mine on my shoulder. I remembered how to dance at prom from all those chick flicks that take place at highschool. This was my first prom, and so far it was going really well. All because I had Autumn with me.

She rested her cheek on my chest as she swayed in beat to the rhythm with me.

I smiled. "Did I tell you how perfect you are?"

She blushed. "Nobody's perfect, Ryder. But thank you."

To me you are so perfect. You don't even know.

"Weren't you going to wear black?" I asked her and she stiffened.

"Um, yes. But Heather took my dress from the shop before I could pick it up."

Now I stiffened. "She did what?!"

That bitch. Why would she do something like that?

"Yeah. But it's fine. I like the dress I'm wearing now."

I looked over at Heather, who was in the back corner shoving her tongue down some random guys throat.

"She looks horrible in it," I commented.

That made Autumn laugh. Now I felt better.

After a couple more slow songs, the class president got on stage.

"Is everyone having a good time?!" she exclaimed.

Everyone cheered.

"Good! I would like to thank everyone who helped make this night one to remember for all the students."

She flipped the flash card she was reading off of and continued. "Now it's time to announce the prom queen and prom king!"

Everyone cheered again.

"For your prom queen we have...drum roll please..."

After what Heather did to Autumn, I was really hoping she wouldn't be called.

"...Autumn Cross!"

Clapping arose in the crowd, but I was screaming and jumping and cheering like a crazy person.

Autumn looked around with confusion but made her way to the stage.

I whistled. "That's my girl!!!"

I looked around and saw Heather's face burn red from anger. Her eyebrows furrowed so much I could barely see her eyes. Everyone knew how much the most popular girl wanted the gift of prom queen. Oh well, sucks to be Heather.

Once the clapping stopped, the president continued to speak.

"And for your prom king we have...Derek Lawson!"

My eyes opened wide.

Oh hell no.

All the girls went crazy when he made it up onto stage – like he was a famous singer and they were all attending his concert.

"Ok, ok. Settle down please," the president said and the girls started to hush down.

After the class president announced a few more things, the prom queen and king went to go take pictures to put in the yearbook.

Feeling disgusted by the way Derek had his arm around Autumn when they took pictures, I went outside for some fresh air.

Through the back door was a little patio where thankfully no one was, so I had the whole patio to myself.

I rested my elbows on the railing and looked out to the lake that was down the small, grassy hill.

I gazed at the reflection of the moon that lit up a tiny part of the lake. The top of the blackened water shimmered everytime the wind blew.

I closed my eyes and sighed. I'm so proud of Autumn for getting the title of prom queen, but Derek...

Why Derek?

I would be fine with literally anyone else but him. But of course it had to be-

I heard the back door open, but I didn't turn around.

"Hey, Ryder," a person purred from behind me.

Turning my head, I glared in anger and disgust when I saw who it was.

"You..."

The girl sat down on one of the benches. Patting the empty spot next to her, she said, "come sit next to me, baby. I think it's time we have a chat, shall we?"

I shivered when she called me 'baby'. Gross.

"Fine. Let's talk," I agreed.

She smirked with satisfaction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHORS NOTE (again whoopsies)

I suck at explaining dresses and outfits so here's a visual of what Autumn's prom dress looks like:

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

316K 11.6K 45
"We said whoever eats the most pizza has to do the dare no matter how cruel or easy it is." This is just a glimpse of our sleepovers. Ivy and Autumn...
299K 9K 33
CRINGE WARNING! First book I ever wrote on here!! -- "Sometimes the person who you are willing to take a bullet for is the person behind the gun." I...
449K 21.3K 30
Book 1 of the Jackson Series! Ella finally gets an opportunity to escape the clutches of her cruel tormentor before fate leads her to Ryder Jackson...
8.7K 58 26
[ THE FIRST CHAPTERS ARE CRINGE ASF BUT I PROMISE IT GETS BETTER] ''What are you doing on the desk?'' He asked coldly. I looked at him in the eyes. ...