Sadly, I'm In Love With You (...

By __1Ren1__

Natalie Holt is a Boston Globe sports journalist, who just so happens to run into Chris Evans at a Red Sox ga... More

Sadly I'm In Love With You (Chris Evans Fan-Fic)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
A/N
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
A/N
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
A/N
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Author's Note
Chapter 25
Chapter 26: Finale
Important Message to Readers
The Sequel is Up
Cover Challenge
thank you.

Chapter 22

8.2K 160 11
By __1Ren1__

Natalie's P.O.V

"You're kidding, Ethel Kennedy? As in Robert Kennedy's wife?" Chris asked questioningly.

"Yes, my late grandfather is Robert Kennedy." I replied.

"Wow, I'm kind of speechless." Chris said with a small laugh.

"It's okay if you are, I should have told you." I said with a frown occupying my face, I should've told Chris when we visited the memorials but I didn't.

"I just don't understand why you didn't tell me?" Chris stated with a questioning tone.

"I didn't think you needed to know at the time." I said with a serious tone to my voice.

"That just makes me question everything else you haven't told me." Chris replied to my statement with a frown of his own.

"I didn't exactly lie, Chris." I said with a blank facial, clearly surprised that Chris was mad at me for not telling him, "You don't have to worry about going though, I'll go by myself." I added, ending the conversation. I quickly made my way upstairs, and collected my suitcase from the closet. I picked multiple outfits out, and loaded them into the suitcase, before calling my mother. The phone rung multiple times, before she finally answered the phone.

"Hello?" My mother stated with a questioning tone.

"Mom, I'll be coming to pick you up in about an hour and a half." I replied not even bothering to say hello. 

"Natalie you sound upset, are you alright?" My mother questioned.

"I'm fine, I'll see you soon." I replied, quickly hanging up the phone. 

After getting off the phone, I rushed into my bathroom and collected my cosmetics and hair products. Once I had collected those, I threw a couple pair of shoes into my suitcase, and zipped it. I soon made my way downstairs, walking straight by Chris in the living room, in the process collecting my white Michael Kors purse, and the keys to the Range Rover.  "You should go back to your apartment." I stated as I slammed the door, and made my way out onto the street. I unlocked the doors to the Range Rover, quickly put my suitcase in the trunk, and got in, starting the car. 

After turning the XM station to Classic Vinyl, I pulled out onto the street. I turned on to the right streets and soon enough, I was on the road to Cape Cod to pick up my parents. I used the car phone to call Layne, and surprisingly he picked up the phone quite quickly. "Hey, Natalie." He stated through the phone.

"Hey, are you coming to Hyannis Port?" I asked.

"Of course, Mom said Grandma wanted us all there." Layne replied with a serious tone, "What about you?" He then added.

"Yeah, but it's just me, Chris and I got into a fight and I left without him." I said, waiting for a reply.

"Oh I see, well I will see you there." Layne stated, "Bye." He then added.

"See ya." I replied before hanging up.

Next, I shot a quick text to Brock.(N:Natalie; B:Brock)

N: Are you coming to Grandma's?

B: Yeah, Lauren and I are coming because Mom said it was mandatory.

N: I'll see ya there, love you.

B: Love you too, Sis.

Just as Brock sent his last text, Chris called my phone. Instead of answering, I ignored the call, and continued to drive.

Finally, I pulled onto the driveway of my parents' house. I parked the car, and quickly got out, making my way to the front door, where I knocked hardly against the white wooden door. A  few seconds later my mom came and opened the door. "Well, you rushed here." My mom stated with a frown, "You know that's dangerous." She added.

"I made it here safely." I stated shortly, and then regretted it, "I'm sorry, Mom, it's been a rough day." I then added.

"It's okay, honey." My mom stated, with a smile I had never seen her use before, usually they were fake and unmeaning. 

My Mom can be very cold at times, and I totally understand why. I haven't experienced it yet, but I know that losing your father that you are very close to can probably be quite rough, not to mention my mother was only 12 when she lost her's. 

Ever since I had arrived in Cape Cod, my phone had not quit incessantly ringing. I obviously knew it was Chris, but at this time I had no apparent to desire to answer it. After a while I contemplated about blocking his number completely, but I also knew that he would call Brock or possibly Layne if I didn't answer. So not to long after he called for the 15th time, I decided to answer, "Yes?" I stated in a cold, questioning tone.

"Where are you?" Chris asked with serious tone to his voice.

"None of your business..." I replied trailing off.

"Please, Natalie, just tell me where you are?" Chris said with his serious tone turning to a sad one.

I sighed, "I'm with my parents in Cape Cod, we are actually getting ready to leave for Hyannis Port. " I replied seriously.

"I'm coming..." Chris started, but I cut him off.

"Don't, they won't let you on the compound." I said cutting him off mid-sentence.

"You wouldn't tell them who I was?" Chris questioned with a disbelieving tone.

"No, I'll see you when I get home." I replied in a nonchalant tone, even though I wanted to forgive him.

"Natalie, Please, you know I didn't mean anything by what I said earlier." Chris stated with a genuine tone to his voice.

"I know, Chris." I replied, still not giving in.

"I love you, just let me join you." Chris stated with a the sadest tone I had ever heard him use.

"I love you too, I call you when I get there." I replied, quickly hanging up the phone before I gave into his persuasive words.

By this time, my Mother and Father were downstairs waiting in the foyer. I slid my phone into my pocket, and followed them out to the Range Rover. I quickly unlocked it, and opened the trunk, allowing my Mother to put their suitcases inside. Once they had both got into the car, and buckled themselves in, I started the car, and circled around the driveway, leaving their house. 

Soon enough, we were on the road to Hyannis Port, and I was totally ready for this calming getaway.

A/N

Dear Readers,

I need some opinions. I want to know how you feel about where I am taking this story, or if I need to change it up a bit. I seem to like it, but I would rather keep my readers happy and interested. Once again, I would like to thank you all for your sweet comments, and all the votes you leave on the chapters. And, I would also like to thank you guys for 4,000 reads, it really means so much to me.

-XOXO, Nicole.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

SB By Lauren

Fanfiction

835K 18.6K 37
Sugardaddy!Chris Evans x Sugarbaby!reader...
39.4K 1.6K 36
~~Completed~~ Chris Evans gets a new personal trainer in downtown Boston. He soon becomes intrigued by the female owner of the gym (Natalie) as they...
18.3K 1.1K 25
After 29 years of friendship with Chris, there's nothing Sloane Taylor wouldn't do for him. When he finds himself in the midst of a PR nightmare at t...
44.2K 1.4K 21
NHL!Chris Evans x Female Reader - When you graduated from Northeastern University, you had your sights set on the West Coast. And then you were offer...