Chapter 21

Natalie's P.O.V

1 Month Later....

It's been a week since we got back from Washington D.C, to be truthful it was a very uneventful and I was bored the whole time. The only time Chris and I got to do something together was when we visited Arlington National Cemetery, and my great uncle John F. Kennedy's Eternal Flame memorial, of course Chris didn't know he was yet, and I wasn't quite ready to open that can of worms. Today I have my 2 month check-up, and then Chris and I are going to a car lot to look at some cars. The whole experience is going to be just joyful, because I am interested in a sedan, and Chris wants us to have a SUV.

After getting ready and rushing to get to the doctor's office, we finally arrived. As usual, I signed in and waited for my name to be called. Soon enough, a nurse peeked her head out of the door, "Natalie Holt." She called scanning the room.

"I can't wait until that changes." Chris said with a laugh, whilst we got up and made our way towards her, I just laughed in reply.

After Dr. Wayland asked her routine questions, the nurse that led us to the room took us to the ultrasound room. I sat down and raised my shirt, observing my slight bump of a stomach. The nurse quickly squirted a bit of jelly onto my stomach, and then proceeded to find the twins. The nurse allowed us to see the developing babies, and then let us hear the heartbeats, which the baby A's heartbeat was 136 and baby B's heartbeat was 139, so our nurse suggested that it was possible we were having little boys, which made Chris ecstatic.

After leaving the doctor's office, we picked up my prenatal vitamins, and made our way across town to the car lot. As soon as we pulled in, a silver Range Rover caught my eye. It was really nice, and it could pass as a family vehicle, which was a plus. I stayed silent, as Chris parked in front of the office entrance. We quickly got out, and made our way inside to converse with a car dealer about the different types of cars.

The car dealer showed us a total of three SUVs, I hated all three. I had my mind set on the Range Rover, and I would stop at nothing until I got to see, and ultimately took it off the lot. After telling the dealer that I wasn't interested in any of the vehicles he showed me, he asked, "Miss, what would you be interested in?" He asked clearly confused.

"I actually like that Range Rover that's sitting over there." I said, pointing to the silver SUV.

"That's a brand new 2014 Range Rover, we just got it yesterday." The man said with a smile.

"What's the price?" Chris asked with a serious look on his face.

"Anywhere from 82,000 to 84,000." The man replied.

"We'll take it." Chris said quickly.

As the car dealer walked away, I looked at Chris with a confused facial expression, "What are you thinking?" I asked clearly surprised by his statement.

"I'm buying you this car." He replied with a smile.

"It's 80,000 dollars." I said with a frown, "You're not spending that much on a car." I then added.

"I don't care, as long as it keeps you and my children safe." Chris stated with another smile.

"You know I love you, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, and I feel the same way about you." Chris said tapping my nose with his finger.

Finally, we were finalizing the paper work, and we would soon be able to drive off the lot with the new car. A plus was since Chris drove his car, I got to drive the Range Rover home.

Soon enough the moment came, and the car dealer handed me the keys, bidding me a happy goodbye, "I hope you get the best out of your new Range Rover!" The man stated with a smile.

"Thank you." I said sincerely in reply to his statement.

I quickly got into the Range Rover, and put the keys in the ignition. The car started perfectly with no problem, and it also was the smoothest drive and had the best car sound I had ever heard. The funny thing was it sounded better than my infinity.

I drove through the streets of Boston, trying to get home quickly. I was only stopped at a couple of red lights when I got a phone call, to be on the safer side I decided not to answer it. 

Soon enough I pulled up in front of my apartment, where Chris was waiting patiently for me to unlock the door. When I did he immediately climbed the stairs, and rushed to the living turning on the T.V.

Since I hadn't answered the phone in the car, I decided to call the person who had called me, back. I looked at my phone to see that it had been my Mother. I pressed the phone icon beside her name, and waited for her to answer. Soon enough she picked up the phone with a sigh, "Natalie, your grandmother wants us to come see her is Hyannis Port?" My mom stated more as a question.

"So..?"I replied in a questioning matter.

"She insists that she wants all the grandchildren there, along with your father and I. " My mom stated in a serious tone.

"We will see, mom. Chris and I leave for the premiere in a week, so it depends on how long she wants us to stay with her." I replied in my own serious tone.

"Okay, but can you get back to me as soon as possible?" She questioned.

"Yes, of course." I replied.

"Goodbye, honey." My mom stated.

"Bye." I replied and then hung up the phone, walking into the living room to converse with Chris.

I plopped down on the couch beside of Chris, and gave him quick kiss on the cheek. "So?" I started with the same smile.

"What is it?" Chris asked with a questioning facial expression.

"My Grandmother, wants us to come visit her in Hyannis Port." I replied with a questioning look of my own.

"Hyannis Port, where are we going the Kennedy Compound?" Chris asked with a joking tone to his voice.

"Actually we are, my grandmother is Ethel Kennedy." I said with serious tone.