The Hooded Girl (on hold)

By eternals0nshine

"I heard she wears it to cover up burn she got from her mom when she was little" "I hear she's totally deform... More

||Chapter 00||
||Chapter 01||
||Chapter 02||
||Chapter 03||
Characters I
||Chapter 04||
||Chapter 05||
Characters III
||Chapter 06||
||Chapter 07||
Characters II
||Chapter 08||
Potential Cecelia's
||Chapter 09||
||Chapter 10||
||Chapter 11||
||Chapter 12||
||Chapter 13||
Characters IIII
||Chapter 15||
||Chapter 16||
||Chapter 17||
||Chapter 18||
||Chapter 19||
||Chapter 20||
||Chapter 21||
||Chapter 22||
||Chapter 23||
||Chapter 24||
||Chapter 25||
||Chapter 26||
||Chapter 27||
||Chapter 28||
||Chapter 29||
||Chapter 30||
||Chapter 31||
||Chapter 32||
||Chapter 33||
||Chapter 34||
||Chapter 35||
||Chapter 36||

||Chapter 14||

5.3K 173 9
By eternals0nshine

Tate

I knew I had feelings for Cecelia I just didn't know what feelings they were so I decided I wouldn't talk to her until I was 100% sure.

The Edendale school camp was coming up and I had to do all I could to avoid her.

🌊

I lie on my bed and stare at the ceiling.
River still wasn't back and I had to distract myself from thinking of things that weren't happening.

Bzzzt

I hear my phone buzz on the dresser. I jump up from my bed to see whos calling.
I swear to god if its Audrey I will smash my phone.

I look to see its an unknown number.

Ugh. "WHAT" I roar at the  phone. Was I angry at the person calling because they weren't Cecelia or was I angry at myself for not being able to control myself when it came to her?

"Potatoe" I hear an energetic little girls voice on the other side of the phone.

"Olivia?" I ask smiling.

"Can you pick me up, please. My sister is gone" she was what? Where was she? Where was Olivia?

"Liv where are you?" I ask concerned.

"I'm with this lady," she says snickering.

"Well, could I please talk to the lady," I ask hoping she was alright.

"Mmm..okey," she says in her high pitched adorable voice.

After a long pause, the lady finally talks "Hi. Sorry this seems so unprofessional normally we wouldn't call non-emergency contact family members but she was very insistent you would pick her up and the Ballet school is closing soon" I laugh to myself just imaging what Olivia was doing to this lady.

"Yeah, no that's fine ill be there soon" I knew which ballet school she was at because she wouldn't stop going on and on about it when she stole the phone off Cecelia before.

I throw on a shirt, get my keys, and jog down to the car.

I speed to the ballet school not wanting to keep her waiting too long and also I was really excited to meet her.

I park outside the school and run up the stairs.

"Potatoooooe" I see her charging towards me.

"Livvvv" I squeal back kneeling down to catch her.

"You are a lot better looking in person" she giggles. Seriously this girl seemed a lot older than 4.

"I like your Tutu," I say back still carrying her.

"Wheres your sister," I ask putting her down.

"I don't know," she says shrugging her shoulders.

She looked exactly like a miniature version of Cecelia.

"Well do you want to go get some get some ice cream and ill call your sister?" I ask her.

She nods her head vigorously.

I chuckle and thank the lady at the desk.

Considering I didn't have a car seat and she was only four I walk her to the Diner me and Cecelia went to study.

I knew there was another diner that was closer but I knew our diner was probably better.

...

After walking for a bit I see Liv starting to get tired.

"You wanna piggyback ride?" I ask her.

"Yes please," she says raising her arms.

I smile and pick her up and put her onto my back.

Her small little hands wrap around my neck and off we go.

I ran around in goofy side to side motions just to entertain her.

She laughed the whole time which gave me a warm feeling inside. I'd always wanted a little sister I'd have spoiled her rotten, my mom would have as well, River would have spoiled the life out of her.

River.

That's where Cecelia was. She probably took off with River right after they dropped Liv off at her ballet class.

We arrive and the diner and I put her down and walk with her, holding her little hand to make sure she was close to me.

I let her pick out a booth and we sit there waiting for a waitress to come over.

A younger looking waitress I hadn't seen before comes walking over to our table carrying a notepad.

"Hey what can I get for you today," she says smiling at me.

"Ladies first," I say looking at Liv who was studying the menu.

"I want pancakes with cream and a strawberry shake please"  she smiles. The girl just nods and writes it down still looking at me.

"And for you," she says biting her lip at me.

Rather than focusing on her obvious flirting, I look at Olivia.

"Are you sure you're allowed to have a strawberry shake?" I put an emphasis on Strawberry just in case she was allergic to strawberries as well.

"Aw cute is this your little sister" the waitress interrupts

"No uh, she-"

Liv cuts me off "I'm his girlfriend's sister," she says looking up at the waitress.

Girlfriend?

The waitress looks like she got the message and rolls her eyes.

"And yeah. I'm never allowed it around my sister so I have to get banana berry shakes" liv says to me rolling her cute little eyes.

"I'll have the hamburger with fries and another hamburger with fries no pickles and no tomatoes and could you toast the buns lightly making it a light golden brown and sauce on the side please for the chips," I say ordering for Cecelia just in case she was hungry when she got here.

The girl just walks back to the kitchen no longer flirting.

"Why did you tell her I was your sister's boyfriend" I whisper to her laughing.

I imagine Cecelia walking around the house on the phone telling her friends she felt something for me and that's why Olivia called me her boyfriend.

"Cause you're her only friend that's a boy," she says with her chin on the table.

Oh.

After a few minutes of waiting, she starts with the questions.

"Do you like my sister?" she says innocently.

"Of course I like your sister" I reply.

"Do you want to kiss my sister?" she says making air kisses.

I laugh at her cute little facials "No I don't want to kiss your sister" I reply. She just giggles adorably.

"Why are you laughing," I ask unable to stop smiling.

"I think you like my sister like you want to kiss her," she says giggling

"I do not," I say being fake angry at her.

"You do too"

"Do not"

"Do so"  she pokes tongues at me and I do it back.

We argue for a few more minutes when the bell to the diner rings.

"Olivia" a puffed out Cecelia says running into the Diner.

Shit. I forgot to call her after I ordered.

"Cece," Olivia says running and wrapping her arms around Cecelia's midsection.

"Why didn't you call me first Olivia or why didn't you wait," she says looking worried.

"No it's my fault I should have been there," she says looking like she was about to burst into tears making me want to run over and engulf her in my arms.

"Cecelia"  the seat stealer comes running into the diner.

Cecelia looks up to him and smiles.

What was he doing here?

"Did you find her" another one comes walking in.

Seriously did this girl try and meet every guy in town in one day?

"Yeah she's fine," Cecelia says kissing the top of Livs forehead.

"T-thank you," Cecelia says not even looking at me "Come on let's go," she says to liv holding her by her hand and walking towards the door.

I try to protest but the words just won't come out.

I turn defeated and sit back at the table.

"NO, I want to stay with potato and drink my shake" I hear Liv arguing with Cecelia.

"Liv gets back here," Cecelia says running after Liv who was now running towards my table.

"2 hamburgers with fries a coke and a juice with pancakes and a shake," the waitress says putting the food down at the table while Liv slides into the booth.

"Liv we need to get home," Cecelia says softly

"I could uh...I could drop you guys off home" I say quietly

she finally looks up into my eyes. She looked concerned, but all I could think about was how those sweet brown eyes looked as if they were penetrating my every thought reading every little detail, like she was studying me.

"NO. I mean um its alright we have a ride," she says looking back.

"Please Cece" Olivia moans

Cecelia thinks for a bit.

"Okay" she replies the. walks back over to thing 1 and thing 2.

they whisper and each look at me then  the two guys walk out and Cecelia walks back over "Jamies gonna bring the car seat for you in" she sits  next to Liv.

I sit and slide her plate towards her.

She looks up at me and smiles at me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

248K 13.7K 36
For the last year, Audrey has been watching over Charlotte Astor, heir to the world's biggest software company. She knows this summer will be filled...
142K 6.8K 63
Gawking two guys in a hot-blown make-out session in the mathematical section of the library was not what I expected my first day after Winter breaks...
28K 1K 60
"The things that set us apart from others are what make us who we are. Good and bad." "If you feel like your thoughts make you crazy, then I'm ten ti...
21.8K 516 54
The beginning chapters of this story have been revised and rewritten. #2 out of 2.1K stories in secretlove- Oct 12, 2023 #7 in secretlove - Feb 6, 2...