Un-wanted Relationship... MaN...

By AnIndianRavendor

Being the grandson of Ashish Malhotra, who vowed his best friend, Ram Murthy, the promise of marrying off the... More

Introduction
SPACE Academy
Nandini and Nyonika
Manik Malhotra
Connections and Emotions
1 Month Later
Truth
Dealing with Emotions
Back To College
Dealing With Cabir
The Date
Musicana Preparations
Surprise Surprise
Welcome To Jordan
Trust And Forgiveness
Will Love Blossom In Their Lives?
MukBhi's Beautiful Day
I Know It's Gonna Be Weird
Floating On The Dead Sea
Shaadi Ki Tayyari
Cocktail Party And Mehendi
Rituals
Badhti Nazdeekiyan
If You Are With Me...
The Innocent Spy
The Dinner At The Diner
Did Nandini Matter So Much To Us?
Twists And Turns
Musicana 2019
Stories From The Past
Chapter 32: Karwa Chauth 2019
Chapter 32: Fixing Things Right
Epilogue

Shaadi Ka Din

8.8K 563 15
By AnIndianRavendor

Nandini's Pov:
Aiyappa, the day has come... Meri shaadi ho rahi hai. Maa, Appa, are you happy with me? I am marrying Manik. Manik, kaisa hai? Truly, he's an angel! Aap ne notice kiya hoga, Manik's protectiveness toward his friends. I know he's hiding our truth, but that's for my protection. Woh sab ko dikhaata hai ki he's a monster, but he's the most beautiful blessing anyone can have as a friend. I am so lucky that I'm getting married to him.
End of Pov

Nandini changed into her haldi outfit...

Mukti's outfit...

Mukti: Someone's looking hot in a saree!

Nandini: And someone's looking hot in indian.

Mukti: Yaar, seriously, if it weren't you then I don't know how would I have bought these outfits.

Abhimanyu: Baby doll, you are looking beautiful! And you too, my love!

Aryamann: I can't believe that Marshmallow's getting married..

Kaira: Abhi toh di ki haldi hai, shaadi thodi na..

Abhimanyu: Phir bhi.. I will miss you baby doll!

Nandini: Bhai, hum toh roz milenge na.. For college! Mein toh kahin nahi jaungi..

Abhimanyu gave a fatherly hug to Nandini. When, Nyonika came to take Nandini for her haldi.

Nyonika: Chalo ab.. Haldi kar ke chuda bhi karna hai.

They all went to the garden where Nandini sat on a white stool and there was a white curtain dividing the place into two. Manik was on the other side. First, the haldi was applied to Manik.

Manik: Listen, I don't like all this.. Just a little!

Adi: Yeah Manik, only little.

Ruhi: Bhaiyya, thoda hi lagayenge..

They said this while Pihu took a handful of the haldi paste and rubbed it on Manik's face.

Manik: Pihu!

Pihu: Sorry bhaiyya, I was told by Cabir bhaiyya.

Manik: Cabirr!

Cabir: Sorry Manik.. Mukti ne kaha thha!

Mukti: Haww jhoothe!

Manik got up and took a handful and threw it towards Mukti, but she ducked and the paste reached Nandini's clean hand.

Nyonika: Manik! (sternly)

Nyonika came towards him, angrily.

Manik: Sorry Mumma!

Nyonika and the rest burst out laughing.

Nyonika: Arre buddhu! What you did was lucky for both of you!

Manik and Nandini looked at her, confused.

Cabir: I think I got it.. Shaadi se pehle, ladka ladki no milna, that's why white parda. Haldi, boy puts to girl before anyone else, is lucky as you no meet but put haldi.

All looked at him as if he spoke Latin.

Raj: Khoteya, tere grammar chacha ko kya ho gaya?

Cabir: Uncle, yeh hai Cabir Dhawan ka style.

Raj: Jeeta reh puttar, rabb tuhanu changi kudi dilaa de. Jo tere iss roop ko accept kare.

All burst out laughing.

Cabir: Woh karti hai.. (unknowingly)

MukNiMan: What?!?

Cabir: (realizing) Mein kuch nahi bola!

They ignored and continued applying haldi to Nandini and Manik. After that, the couple went to take a bath, in their respective rooms.

It was, soon, time for Nandini's chuda...

The pandit came and chanted some mantras and Shashank, Nandini's maama ji, gave the box of red and white bridal bangles to the pandit to purify it in rose water and milk. After 20 minutes, Shashank came and blessed Nandini and made her wear the chuda. Their eyes watered up. For Nandini, her maama ji was very special. And for her maama ji, as he wasn't blessed with a daughter of his own, his sister blessed him with a neice like daughter, Nandini. It was like giving away his own daughter, with the chuda. He blessed her and got up. Then, Mukti, Sujata, and Kaira came to make her wear the kalire. Once Nandini's kalire were put, she got up and Mukti and Sujata sat down and Nandini shook her kalire on their heads. It is said, that if a part of the bride's kalire falls on any of the girls' heads, that girl would get married soon. A part of Nandini's kalire fell on Mukti. And Mukti blushed as she also knew the boy, she'll get married to... Abhimanyu!

Nandini: Oh my dear Bhabhi!

Pandit: Abhi, Nandini bitiya, aapke chude aur kalire ko kapde se chhupana hoga.. Aap mandap mein jaane se pehle kapde ko khol sakte hai.

Nandini obeyed.

While, on the other side...

Manik: Cabir, tu mere liye ek kaam karega?

Cabir: Kitne paise milenge?

Manik: Thenga milega...

Cabir: Then no kaam..

Manik: You and your newfound grammar... Yeh letter Nandini ke room me rakhh de, please. Abhi wahan koi nahi hai, toh aasaan hoga.

Cabir: Love letter? Nahi.. Tum dono ke beech mein abhi sirf friendship bhi nahi hai, love toh door ki baat hai. Haww! Manik, tu shaadi chhod ke jaa raha hai?

Manik: It's a simple letter.. Mein shaadi chhod ke nahi jaa raha hu!

Cabir: Letter de.. I'll do it!

Manik handed over the letter and Cabir went and kept the letter on Nandini's dressing table.

Manik: Thanks bro!

Cabir: (fake crying) Dost dost na raha!.. Yaar, tu bhul gaya, friendship mein no sorry, no thank you!

Manik: Abey oh dramebaaz! Chal!

They went to their bedroom and played cards. While, in MukNi's bedroom. MukNi had returned from the chuda ceremony and Nandini wanted to remove her jewelry, so she went to the dressing table and noticed a letter kept there.

Dear Nandini,
I really don't know from where to begin, but it is a must to tell you this. We know each other since childhood. Being best friends, we used to protect each other from all obstacles. And we were each other's family's favorite. I still remember that day when Dadu died. He conveyed his last wish he promised Mutachan (your grandfather) that they were to take their friendship to the next level by being relatives. Technically, this promise was for their children, Dad and Appa. But as they both were boys, it continued on to us. Dad got me. And, finally, appa was blessed with an angel, you! We were best friends, Star and Fire for each other, and were bound to be together in this promise. Our fates were sealed since, you were aged 5 and I was 6.5. We can't deny the truth that our marriage is Dadu and Mutachan's last wish. After Dadu's death, Appa had to go to USA for his work, taking you, Rishabh, and Amma. I never saw them, after the airport. But, I loved them the most and I know that they loved me more than you! Star, it wasn't only you and Rishabh who lost their parents, I also lost my Maa and Appa. Anyways, getting back to the point, I want to clarify one thing. I will do my best to be the best husband and you will, no doubts, be the best wife. There will be times, I may not agree to you but remember one thing, I will always support you in your decisions. Nandini, we are getting married at a very tender age. You've just completed 18 and I am 19. At first, when we met each other in SPACE, we never liked each other but for our relationship, we will have to develop a bond of friendship and trust. Please try to trust me and be my friend, everything will be sorted out! I'm waiting to see my beautiful wife in the mandap ;)
Yours truly,
Manik Malhotra

Nandini was in tears, after reading the letter. She trusted Manik, even more.

In the evening...

Chachi: Hayye meri soni kudi.. Tenu kissi ki nazar na lag jaaye, kinni pyaari lag rahi hai!

Nandini: Aur dekho meri bhabhi kitni pyaari lag rahi hai!

Manik:

Abhimanyu:

Mandap:

Both the families meet each other, share gifts and engulf each other in a warm hug. Then, the bride is called. Nandini and Mukti came under a blanket of white flowers held by Cabir, Aryamann, Dev, and Abhimanyu. Manik was stunned to see Nandini. They stood up for the varmala. Where the bride and groom exchange garlands. Aryamann and Abhimanyu pushed Nandini up by carrying her with their arms, so Manik could not make her wear the garland. But, eventually, they keep her down and Manik puts the garland over her neck. They again push her up to match Nandini's height and she puts the garland over his neck.

After a few rituals, MaNan are told to stand up for the pheras.

The first phera vowed:

Groom: om esha ekapadi bhava iti prathaman

(You will offer me food and be helpful in every way. I will cherish you and provide welfare and happiness for you and our children)

Bride: dhanam dhanyam pade vadet

(I am responsible for the home and all household, food and finance responsibilities)

The second phera vowed:

Groom: om oorje jara dastayaha

(Together we will protect our house and children)

Bride: kutumburn rakshayishyammi sa aravindharam

(I will be by your side as your courage and strength. I will rejoice in your happiness. In return, you will love me solely)

The third phera vowed:

Groom: om rayas santu joradastayaha

(May we grow wealthy and prosperous and strive for the education of our children and may our children live long)

Bride: tava bhakti as vadedvachacha

(I will love you solely for the rest of my life, as you are my husband. Every other man in my life will be secondary. I vow to remain chaste)

The fourth phera vowed:

Groom: om mayo bhavyas jaradastaya ha

(You have brought sacredness into my life, and have completed me. May we be blessed with noble and obedient children)

Bride: lalayami cha pade vadet

(I will shower you with joy, from head to toe. I will strive to please you in every way I can)

The fifth phera vowed:

Groom: om prajabhyaha santu jaradastayaha

(You are my best friend, and staunchest well-wisher. You have come into my life, enriching it. God bless you)

Bride: arte arba sapade vadet
(I promise to love and cherish you for as long as I live. Your happiness is my happiness, and your sorrow is my sorrow. I will trust and honor you, and will strive to fulfill all your wishes)

The sixth phera vowed:

Groom: Rutubhyah shat padi bhava

(Now that you have taken six steps with me, you have filled my heart with immense happiness. Will you do the kindness of filling my heart with happiness like this for all times?)

Bride: yajna hom shashthe vacho vadet

(I will always be by your side)

The seventh phera vowed:

Groom: Om sakhi jaradastayahga

(We are now husband and wife, and are one. You are mine and I am yours for eternity)

Bride: Attramshe sakshino vadet pade

(As God is witness, I am now your wife. We will love, honor and cherish each other forever)

MaNan sat down, after the pheras and Manik was told to fill Nandini's maang, the middle partition. He picked up a pinch of vermillion and placed it on Nandini's maang. Then, he was to tie the mangalsutra and he did. Finally, after 12 years, MaNan were married.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 253K 151
#01 in fanfiction on 23/02/18 Nandini murthy:-) A girl full of life and fun, wants to be independent and stand on her own feet. Loves her family. Man...
428K 44.3K 53
When Nandini met Manik for the first time, she never wanted him to be 'the one'; or actually, that thought didn't even cross her mind. And for Manik...
156K 10.4K 36
💚 It starts after Talent Hunt where Manik was asked to choose between Fab 5 and Nandini All this story original updates are on Wattpad so I would r...
513K 37.6K 23
Manik Malhotra, the name itself brings so many emotions in ones mind- love, passion, music and fear. He was a rock star and a businessman for the wor...