I Hate My Brother (editing!)

Af CherylVylona

COMPLETED • • • "We can't keep doing this... Wayne's gonna kill you if he finds out." "Baby, y'know I'm not a... Mere

Chapter 1 ✔️
2. edited ✔️
3. edited ✔️
4. edited ✔️
5. edited ✔️
6. edited ✔️
7. editing in progress
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.

42.

7.8K 244 41
Af CherylVylona

(Picture of Zacson Gray)

A/N: Isn't it crazy how it's June so soon? I still feel like 2019 barely started when in truth, half the year has already passed by.

We. Hit. 20K!!!! 🎉
• • •

"You know you didn't have to come with me." I tell Zac as we sit in the waiting room of Dr. Mike's clinic. A week passed by and it's time for my post-surgery check up today.

Zac looks at me frustrated, rolling his eyes. "I know that. And stop making it sound like I'm doing this because I'm obligated to. I want to. That's that." He rubs my upper arm up and down soothingly.

I shut up afterwards, not wanting to argue. He has been finding it annoying that I keep bringing it up. But I couldn't help it. He has been taking care of me crazily attentive. Even little things like making me warm towels, changing bandages for my knees which are starting to heal better, cooking almost every single of my meals. It almost feels like he thinks he has to do all these for me to make up for something that wasn't really his fault.

"But you skipped your class to come with me. That's not right." I reprimand him.

"It's one class, baby. You skip days every month. I think I'm entitled to one." He smirks.

After waiting for thirty minutes, the nurse finally comes by to inform us it's my turn. Don't people ever find it ridiculous? That you come on time for an appointment, only to have to wait again anyway.

"Hi, Ms. Owens." Dr. Mike greets me when we enter his consultation room. He then glances to Zac and puts out a hand towards him. "I assume you're Ms. Owens' partner. I'm Dr. Mike."

"Zacson." They shake hands.

"Great. It's good to see you here with her. We always encourage loving support." He clears his throat. "Alright, Ms. Owens. How have you been feeling? Anymore bleeding, aching or any other symptoms happening?"

"No. All's good. The bleeding stopped in three days or so. No cramps." I answer.

"Okay. And we have your test results here for your uterine."

"Uterine?" Zac interrupts.

"Oh. Yes, Ms. Owens brought up her concerns of frequent miscarriages. Twice isn't all that uncommon, but she needed assurance. So we went ahead and took some samples for testing. Your results look perfectly normal, Ms. Owens. There seems to be no abnormalities in your uterus. Your blood tests and genetic tests came back normal as well."

"So what does that mean?" Zac asks, even more anxious than I am. I place my hand on his thigh, calming him this time.

"That means it doesn't seems that her miscarriages were caused by known factors. From what I know, her first would most likely be from the blunt trauma she received to her stomach. The recent one could really just be chromosomal abnormalities, which is very common. There's no need to be worried about her fertility. Although I'd suggest since she's on birth control now, it'll probably be good for her and her body to take a break. We do not want to cause any damage to the womb and uterus as it recovers." Dr. Mike explains.

Zac nods, while I vacantly stare at a random corner of the room. This should be good news, right? Zac tucks a piece of loose tendril behind my ears when he notices my reaction.

"It's fine, you're fine. That's all that matters, okay?"

We left the clinic later after he insists on paying the bills on my behalf. I tried to fight that but he wasn't anywhere close to relenting.

"Shall we go home?"

"Yes, home."

———

"I've known you two long enough to know when you are hiding something. Spill." I glare at Cass and Ally as they behave suspiciously in my room.

"Oh, shush. You already know there's a surprise coming. Just please, be surprised and stop asking!" Cass points a finger at me mockingly.

"Cassie!" Ally yells at Cass.

"Man. You two really suck at this." I laugh.

"Nope. You're not hearing this from me."

"Fine. Then you're going to have to distract me. I'm bored and hungry and really want to pee!" I grumble, kicking the sheets lazily.

The first thing that I saw when I opened my eyes this morning were two faces hovering over mine. Followed by a string of 'Happy Birthday!' yelled into my ears. Nobody ever warned me that your big two is supposed to be this torturous. It has been two hours since I'm awake and still have yet to step foot out of my room.

"Actually, we can let her go to the bathroom, right?" Ally asks Cass. "We'll make it quick. Give her a blindfold. It's just down the hall. She won't-"

"We have one job! One job, Edison! I don't care if she pees on the floor. She's not getting out until we get the clear." Cass orders sternly yet mockingly, making us burst out laughing.

"Oh my god. This isn't helping." I chortle, having to grind my bum in circles for the pee-bearing dance. "At least me give me a hint. Do I need to be worried? No surprise guests? No cake smashing, right?"

Ally puts up two fingers over her lips to form a cross and Cass imitates her actions. Neither of them willing to let even a tiny detail off.

After awhile, I start to lose interest in it anyway and just lie on bed and talk. About class, about the one cute yet forbidden professor in campus, about the food we've yet to try in the cafeteria, about stupid boys and their idiotic mind games.

Bzzz.

Cass' phone vibrates on the bedside table and she gets up to retrieve it.

"Oh thank god, final-fucking-ly. Let's go." She leaps up on her feet and grabs the towel and bathroom supplies they already prepped. "Shower, princess. Better look good because you're not getting out of photos today."

I step out of my room and notice no difference in the house. The TV is switched on downstairs although no one's in sight. Shrugging, I head to the bathroom and do what I'm told to do. I return to my room, dressed in a bathrobe, only to find the girls vanished. Instead, a large grey box with a silk bow tie is placed on my bed; obviously calling out to me.

I drop the towel that's on my head and eagerly unbox the gift. I still have no clue what the hell they've planned for my birthday. If it was up to me, I would've settled for a good dinner or something. But it's only 12 noon right now. Perhaps lunch.

Instead of confetti or a stupid jack-in-the-box prank, inside the box lays a beautiful black sleeveless dress that cannot possibly be from my closet. Its behind is filled with lacy details that shows off the entire back and an expensive looking golden waist band shines right in the center of the outfit. Underneath the dress is a pair of brand new six inches holographic pumps that I assume I'm supposed to match it with.

Apparently, whoever that chose this outfit is out to torture me for real.

With no notes in the box leaving instructions, I change into the outfit anyway and take my time to apply my make-up. I curl the ends of my hair into waves and sweep them to the sides to leave my back open. Satisfied with how I look, I snap a photo of myself through the mirror with my phone before I finally get ready to leave.

Cass and Ally are standing outside my door, leaning against the railings when I fling my door open. They immediately squeal when they see me.

"Oh my god!" Cass keeps repeating as she turns me in circles to inspect my entire outfit. Ally on the other hand cups her face with both hands and just... stares at me.

I notice the both of them have changed into dresses and heels as well.

"What's going on? Why are we dressed? Where are we going?" I keep shooting questions but neither of them seem to hear me.

They lead me down the stairs slowly since we're all in killer high heels. Before I get to push open the front door, Ally pulls out her phone and begins recording discreetly.

"Surprise!" All of them shout in unison when the door opens. The four guys are standing at the driveway, each of them in their dress shirts and slacks despite the weather.

I gasp, momentarily rendered speechless. Are we going to a wedding or what?

"Go on!" Cass puts her arm over my shoulder and guides me forward, towards where Zac is standing next to his beloved car.

He grins widely as I navigate towards him, reaching out a hand when I near. I place my hand in his and let him tug me closer to him, savouring the smell of his cologne.

With one hand wrapped around my waist, he lifts up his car boot to unveil an incredible sight right in front of my eyes. At least a dozen heart-shaped balloons spring up in the air, swaying with the wind with the tiny string they're tied to. Red rose petals are thrown all over the floor of the trunk, along with bags and bags of gifts from various known brands.

My eyes don't even know which to focus on. From the balloons, to the flowers, the gifts. Instead, I whip my head to the side and meet Zac's intense gaze. He smiles at me softly, reaching forward to pick up a white card that's placed in the middle of everything.

To the most amazing woman I love

I've never been so mesmerized by anyone that their smiles practically brightens my day; their laughters sound like music to my ears; their smell intoxicates me, making me an addict; their mere presence comforts me; and their tears break me apart more than any kind of pain I've felt—until I met you.

I remember the first night that I saw you. You were a little spitfire. The first time I caught your eyes on me, I felt so burned that I had to look away instantly. It wasn't just physical attraction. It felt as if the rest of my life just walked through those doors.

I tried to tell myself maybe you didn't feel what I feel for you, maybe it was one-sided after all. But I couldn't help it. I had to have you. I had to at least try to see if I really didn't affect you. And every little thing I did, I began to notice you falling for every one of them. I did affect you, and it made me crazily happy when I realized that.

You don't know how often I check my phone to see if you've posted a photo or a tweet. How frequent I camp at your conversation so that I can immediately read and respond to you when your text comes. How when I pass by something that reminds me of you, I have to buy them irregardless of its use. How your favourites slowly became mine.

You've managed to sneak into my life and I let you. I let you, because you make me a better person. You forgive me even when I wrecked your world. You make me see the kind of world I live in when you're around and now I can't imagine myself without.

And although I can't promise never to hurt you, to make you mad, to argue or have my bad days; I swear to never walk away. I swear to never lose sight of what's most important to me. I swear to give you my all, to love you the way you deserve to be loved.

Kelsey Owens,
Will you make it official with me?

When I glance up at him, I couldn't help the glossy eyes nor the smile I try so hard to bite away. He looks at me nervously, his hands never once leaving my waist while I read his letter.

I look to the car boot again, then to him, to our quiet spectators.

"What if I say no?" I dare to ask, biting the inside of my lip.

Ally makes a small gasp, still holding on to the camera in her hands. My brother exchanges worried glances with the guys.

"Um..." Zac looks down to stare at his feet, dejectedly. "I haven't thought about that."

God! The sadness in his voice just makes me want to say yes even more.

I tip his chin up with my palm, finally able to see him about eye-level with the high heels I'm in.

With a sly smile, I mutter under my breath. "I love you, boyfriend."

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

522K 13.2K 31
Avery Alderidge has it all: a sweet boyfriend, tons of great friends, a loving family. She's fierce and popular, and has just started at her first-ch...
459K 9.3K 59
#1 in youngadult as of December 2018 NEW VERSION on my profile, now COMPLETE!!! This story is super cringey and the new version is way better, so ple...
89 8 8
For as long as I can remember Koda Samuels has been a part of me and my brothers lives. As a kid I used to see him as another older brother. As a yo...
258 46 14
He smirks, "You've finally cracked." I furrow my eyebrows, "You were baiting me? Jerk, just turn off your music!" "Or what?" He asks teasingly. "Or...