The Walk Of Shame

Oleh Dream_Paint

When Clary realizes she is about to turn 18 and start her adventure into adulthood, her main focus is the fac... Lebih Banyak

The Walk Of Shame
A Promise

The list.

87 9 4
Oleh Dream_Paint

*unedited*

"Stealing Candy from a baby? No, that's terrible. Staying up past bedtime? Darn, I value my sleep. Oh! I know! I'll see an old lady crossing the street and not help her!" I muttered to myself, as I brushed through my fiery hair.

   Being a rebel is much harder than it looks. I know nothing about trying to be bad. I was good.

     But That has to change.

    Almost 18, and I haven't a single thing that I could look back on as an adolescent. Which is why I need to kick it up a notch.

    If I'm gonna take this seriously I need the help of someone who actually knows what they're doing, I think to myself.

    And with that thought, I stare at myself in the mirror, determined. I need to find someone crazy enough to go along with my crazy ideas.

    Well. Not that I have any ideas yet, but that's why I need help.

    A soft knocking pulls me out of my thoughts.

   My father enters my room quietly. I look like a copied and pasted version of my mom, but I still have my dad's green eyes. Eye's I don't quite like looking into. 

"Clary? Are you hungry? I know this great breakfast place down the road, and-"

   I cut him off.

   "No, thank you."

   "Well than maybe you would want to go for a hike-"

    "No, thank you."

     "A movie-"

     "No,thank you."

    He stares at me, silent. I could tell that he was struggling for words to say. When he finally opened his mouth, I wished he hadn't.

    "Clary. It's been 2 years. I know you're mad at me for what happened with your mother, but will you ever forgive me?"

    Truth is, I don't think I could. My father was a weak man, and temptation made him that way. I was 16 when I found out my father had been cheating on my mother. And also when I found out, that my mother had already known. She kept it in, just living with the pain, thinking that it was best for me. A couple days after I told her what I knew, we moved out, and my mother filed for a divorce. This summer is the first time I've stayed with him. And it will be my last.

    I turned my back to him, and didn't respond. Why would I, when he already knew the answer?

    I heard my door shut, and that's when I let out my breath. I didn't need to focus on my dad right now.

    No, what I needed to focus on was my goals. I will have my 18 days of rebel. And I know just what to do now.

    Using the anger and sadness I held towards dear old Dad, I wrote down anything that would spite him. And if I do say so myself, I am pretty impressed.

         18 REBEL WAYS IN 18 DAYS:

1. Sneak out to a wild party.

2. Steal something.

3. Get in a fight.

4. Use a fake I.D. to get into a club.

5. Get a tattoo.

6. Max out daddy's credit card.

7. Lose my virginity.

8. Pull a prank.

9. Get arrested.

10. Break in somewhere.

11. Vandalize a building.

12. Get wasted.

13. Get an F.

14. Skip school.

15. Get into an argument with an authority figure.

16. Disrupt the peace.

17. Hotwire a car.

18. Break someone's heart.

    And now, all I need is to find someone rebel enough to guide me through these oh so awful things.

   And I believe I know someone who can do it.

    If I can track him down.

    I throw on the first pair of jeans and shirt I find, then head out the door. As I walk down the road to my father's house, I realize that finding him would be extremely hard. For me at least.

    You see, my best friend, Ezperanza, is queen of the gossip mill. I know. With all of our differences, we still act like sisters separated at birth. Well, except for the fact that she has black hair and a tan complexion. But I happen to know that if anyone could find him, it's her.

    Pulling my phone from my back pocket, I call her up, praying that she doesn't ask too many questions. As much as she loves me, she would most definitely not approve of what I'm planning.

    "MY BABY, IS THAT YOU? I'VE MISSED YOU! HOW'S YOUR DAD'S PLACE? MEET ANY CUTE GUYS? WHAT-" I stop her loud rambling.

    "ZEE. Chill. I am totally Fine. I'm really sorry that I haven't called, I've just been busy dealing with my Dad."

    "What happened?" She asks, in a much calmer tone.

    "Ill tell you later, I promise. But right now, I need a favor."

    "Anything for you, Clare bear!"

    "I need you to talk to your informants, and figure out if they know where he Is."

    All I heard was her breathing. Her silence continued for what seemed like forever. Then she said,

    "What?"

      Here we go.

    "ARE YOU INSANE? WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT WITH HIM?" I let her yell for a little bit longer, so she could get it out of her system.

    When I finally thought she was done, again, I answered the only way I knew how.

    "Please Zee. I promise I'll tell you everything, just do this for me."

    "Of course I'll do this for you! I just don't approve of what ever your doing."she replies softly.

    "Yea I knew you wouldn't." I mumble.

     "What?"

    "Nothing! Thanks, I've got to go. Bye zee!"

    "Hey Clary?"

    "Yeah?"

    "Be careful." She says before hanging up the call. But what she doesn't know is, to do this, I need to throw all caution to the wind.

    I am determined to do this. Now the only thing left to do, is get him to help.

    And I can't help but feel one step closer to my goal.

°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°

Sup. So, I'm chasing_you. And I just so happened to have written this chapter.

This is a joint account where me, surrounding_darkness, and AlanisGinger415 write stories TOGETHER.  We continue the story, wherever it leads, until we feel it is done.

Each one of us will take turns writing chapters, and you may notice the different writing styles. If it's too much, Eh. Don't read it.

But if you do read it, I hope you enjoy. And suggestions would be appreciated.

Well then. Comment. Vote. Follow. Eat candy. Whatever floats your boat, really.

ENJOY.

P.s. Questions/Concerns? Private message us, we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Promise.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

4M 86.5K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
101K 4.7K 39
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
7.3M 205K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
55.4K 2.5K 36
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.