The list.

*unedited*

"Stealing Candy from a baby? No, that's terrible. Staying up past bedtime? Darn, I value my sleep. Oh! I know! I'll see an old lady crossing the street and not help her!" I muttered to myself, as I brushed through my fiery hair.

   Being a rebel is much harder than it looks. I know nothing about trying to be bad. I was good.

     But That has to change.

    Almost 18, and I haven't a single thing that I could look back on as an adolescent. Which is why I need to kick it up a notch.

    If I'm gonna take this seriously I need the help of someone who actually knows what they're doing, I think to myself.

    And with that thought, I stare at myself in the mirror, determined. I need to find someone crazy enough to go along with my crazy ideas.

    Well. Not that I have any ideas yet, but that's why I need help.

    A soft knocking pulls me out of my thoughts.

   My father enters my room quietly. I look like a copied and pasted version of my mom, but I still have my dad's green eyes. Eye's I don't quite like looking into. 

"Clary? Are you hungry? I know this great breakfast place down the road, and-"

   I cut him off.

   "No, thank you."

   "Well than maybe you would want to go for a hike-"

    "No, thank you."

     "A movie-"

     "No,thank you."

    He stares at me, silent. I could tell that he was struggling for words to say. When he finally opened his mouth, I wished he hadn't.

    "Clary. It's been 2 years. I know you're mad at me for what happened with your mother, but will you ever forgive me?"

    Truth is, I don't think I could. My father was a weak man, and temptation made him that way. I was 16 when I found out my father had been cheating on my mother. And also when I found out, that my mother had already known. She kept it in, just living with the pain, thinking that it was best for me. A couple days after I told her what I knew, we moved out, and my mother filed for a divorce. This summer is the first time I've stayed with him. And it will be my last.

    I turned my back to him, and didn't respond. Why would I, when he already knew the answer?

    I heard my door shut, and that's when I let out my breath. I didn't need to focus on my dad right now.

    No, what I needed to focus on was my goals. I will have my 18 days of rebel. And I know just what to do now.

    Using the anger and sadness I held towards dear old Dad, I wrote down anything that would spite him. And if I do say so myself, I am pretty impressed.

         18 REBEL WAYS IN 18 DAYS:

1. Sneak out to a wild party.

2. Steal something.

3. Get in a fight.

4. Use a fake I.D. to get into a club.

5. Get a tattoo.

6. Max out daddy's credit card.

7. Lose my virginity.