Fake relationship

By klaroline-4ever

Caroline just found out Tyler was cheating on her with Hayley. She decided to get a bit of revenge by faking... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108

81

2K 57 8
By klaroline-4ever

Klaus couldn't fall asleep, all he was able to do was reliving his fight with Caroline over and over again, making him wonder if this would be the beginning of the end.

Klaus went to the kitchen, only to find Elena in Elijah's shirt.

"Sorry, did I awake you?" Elena whispered.

"No. I can't sleep."

"Because of the fight with Caroline?"

"It's none of your business." Klaus said being defensive.

"Klaus... Caroline is capable of forgiving a lot of things, even things I couldn't forgive but she is very protective of her friends. She was just looking out for me." Elena said. "She likes you a lot, more than she wants to admit. She likes who you are and she is actually happy with you. But, no matter how happy she might be with you, she will always choose her friends safety over her happiness. Don't make her choose."

"What if I already did?" Klaus whispered with a vulnerable look, surprising Elena, who never expected seeing him like this.

"Why do you say that?"

"One of the last things she said to me was that she couldn't do this anymore, she couldn't keep fighting and that she was afraid we would say things we didn't felt." Klaus whispered.

"Klaus, she's afraid. She saw you threatening me. She is probably wondering what would happen if we would be alone and there would be no one to defend me. She's probably wondering how far would you go if nobody stopped you. She's probably afraid that you would only think about the consequences after doing things. She is probably afraid that she is dating someone who is a danger to her friends."

"And what am I suppose to do? I'm the big bad wolf. I am known by being reckless and merciless. I'm known by being a cold hearted killer."

"But she doesn't see you like that. She sees you as this amazing guy who had a bad reputation that made people never giving him a chance." Elena said. "If you want an advice... Show her that she wasn't wrong in all those times she defended you, show her that what she saw in you was true and not an illusion... Show her that you can show others compassion and mercy just for her sake. And remind her of who she fall in love for."

"Thank you." Klaus said, turned around to leave but stop and looked again at Elena. "I'm sorry for hurting you and threatening you. I should have better control of my impulses."

"You're welcome and I forgive you." Elena smiled and Klaus nodded then left.

***

Klaus went to Caroline's room, but it was empty, making him notice that the lights were on in the private bathroom she had, he tried to listen but he was only able to hear the water running, so he knock on the door.

"Mom, I'm fine. I am just having a hard time taking out my makeup." Caroline said but he noticed that wasn't her usual perky and happy voice, it was the voice she used when she tried to act like she was fine when she wasn't.

"It's me." Klaus said and for a moment all he could hear was the wafted running but then stopped and the door opened, revealing a tired Caroline with her eyes full of sadness.

"What are you doing here? I told you I was tired. Can't you give me some space and time so I can rest?" Caroline asked upset.

"I just came here to apologize." Klaus said and Caroline was a bit surprised but didn't show it.

"Okay. Is that all?" Caroline said because even if she knew him apologizing was a big deal, she was still upset with the way he acted.

"No. I wanted to thank you for how comprehensive, patient, caring and kind you've been to me. I wanted to apologize for being so reckless and for being sometimes too possessive. I'm sorry for not being the man you deserve. I wake up every day wondering how I got so lucky to have you in my life. I tend to push away people when they get close to me but I don't want to do that to you. I promise I'll try to control myself when things get complicated or I feel something dangerous will happen. I promise I'll try to not be violent to your friends."

"Klaus, that's all very nice but how can I believe you? And you promise you'll try to not hurt my friends...? That's not what I want. I don't want you to try, I want you to never hurt my friends. And I know you're possessive sometimes and that you are reckless. I've always known that. The thing is that I actually let myself believe that all that possessiveness and paranoia and anger and all that... that all of this would have a limit and that for some reason I was the limit. That no matter how much possessive you've got, you'd know that you could trust me and that you'd knew that I would never be with you if I wished to be with someone else. That no matter how angry or scared you'd got, you'd never hurt me nor my friends. And tonight you showed me I was just being blind to the real truth. Anyway, why would I be the limit?"

"You are the limit, love."

"Please don't." Caroline whispered, not wanting to listen to him.

"You are! I couldn't hurt Elena because of you. And I only acted possessive tonight because I was afraid that you would end up in Elijah's arms, just like Tatia. I was able to handle when Tatia did that but I don't know how it would be if you did the same thing."

"I'm not Tatia. And you didn't hurt Elena because I stopped you. What if you were alone with her?"

"I would probably threatened her more but I wouldn't hurt her because she's your friend."

"And why should I believe that?"

"Why do you think I didn't kill Tyler when I found out he cheated on you? Because I knew you would have wanted for me to show him mercy. It took me so long to make you accept having me in your life... I wouldn't risk that. I can't imagine a future without you by my side. I can't promise you I will always do the right thing but I'm trying to be the best version of myself. And that's all because of you."

"I'm scared that if I forgive you, you'll end up doing something like this again. I believe you want to be better but I know how reckless and impulsive you can be." Caroline whispered.

"Whatever you decide, I'll respect and you don't need to tell me right away." Klaus whispered but before her could leave, he gave Caroline one of his Henley shirts.

"Why are you giving me this?"

"I've noticed you love to use this particular shirt... I want you to have it." Klaus whispered and turned around to leave but he felt her hand on his wrist, making him turn to face her.

"Stay..." Caroline whispered because even if she was conflicted about forgiving Klaus, she wanted to fall asleep in his arms.

They both lay down in bed and cuddled, slowly falling asleep, enjoying the warmth of each other.

Important AN: Hey guys! Because I'm writing ahead, I'm almost finishing this book. It will have more than 100 chapters. But I still haven't written the endings of the characters. I know you want Klaroline to finally make the ritual but what about the other couples? What do you want to see happen for them? Or for a certain character? I would love to have your opinions about this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 92 16
Klaus and Caroline. Klaroline if you will. Caroline had everything she wanted. Or at least she thought she did. A few years had passed since Klaus l...
50.2K 1.4K 33
𝒐𝒐𝒐 ┊𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐇. ❪ klaroline! ❫ ❛ 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗂𝗌 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗆𝗈𝗌𝗍 𝗉𝗋𝖾𝗉𝗈𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗈𝗎𝗌 𝗉𝗅𝖺𝗇 𝗂 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝖾𝗏𝖾...
1.5K 77 14
"I've heard about you, When Klaus and I first started dating he talked about you all the time, impulsive, Strong, Wise and independent, But I think y...
213K 6K 51
After 5 years stuck in a wall, Klaus is finally rescued and by no one other than Caroline Forbes. After Caroline helps him getting out of New Orleans...