GAMES BY DIM LIGHT || Mature...

By MireyaZachani

Sixteen years ago, Melanie was supposed to be crashing a party on her birthday with her friend. It was a week... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24.
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
Author's Note
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
Author's Note
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
Note Of Thanks

CHAPTER 12

273 50 8
By MireyaZachani

Melanie's POV💕

My eyes were about bulging out of their sockets as I stepped out of the taxi we boarded that night.

And I didn't know my mouth was open in amazement until I looked down at TJ who's mouth was as open as mine, as he stared at this wonderful work of architecture the Jacobs live in.

"Wow."
TJ said.

"Double wow."
Lala said and scoffed. "This is magnifico!"
She said and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't salivate, Lala. It is just a house."

"Please. I am even drooling not only salivating."
Lala said and I laughed.

The mansion was booming with guests I have never met before when we got into the house. It is clear that the Jacobs are very popular and influential people in the society. Apart from owning companies, they had it all.

I saw AJ wave at me when we scanned the area. She was smiling with Barry and when she saw me, her eyes lit up. The lady is just too full of life.

She beckoned on us and I was about going to meet her when I felt hands snake around my waist. I turned to meet he smiling face of Mayor.

"You finally made it."
He said. I smiled.

When he turned to my son, his smile grew wider. TJ wasn't really hard to notice in the crowd. He is taller than his age of ten. Many people thinks he is twelve. I wonder where he got that height from because I am average and I don't want to wonder if his father is taller because I don't even know him.

"Hey there, big guy."
Mayor said.

TJ grinned. "Good evening sir."

Mayor laughed. "Sir kind of makes me look older, okay? Perhaps you can call me uncle Mayor. That would be lovely."

"Okay, Uncle Mayor. How have you been? Thank you again for that gift."
TJ said, boldly and his confidence clearly shocked Mayor as he looked at me with amused eyes and then turned back to my son.

"Yeah? How did you enjoy it?"

"It was good. I made so many drawings with it."

"Really? I'm glad. Well, I would love to see them next time you come around."

TJ turned to me and raised an eyebrow. A move I know he learnt from me. "See? I told you he will want to see them."
He said, with pride.

"Well, I didn't tell you not to bring them."
Okay that was a lie and my son, as open minded as he is, raised another eyebrow and I knew what was to come next..

"You said, I should not bring it."

Too late. He said it.

"Okay, okay. Sorry."
I said and turned to Mayor who was looking at the both of us with amusement.

He chuckled and shook his head, smiling. "Let's go upstairs. The others are there."

We matched paces with him and he turned to TJ. "Don't worry, big guy. You can bring them the next time you come around."

I couldn't help but admire how Mayor flowed with my son. And I love to see the pleasant expression on TJ's face as he talked with Mayor.

"I can come around? Really?"
TJ asked, excited.

Mayor laughed. "Yes, you can big guy. Well, this place isn't mine. It belongs to Derrick. You remember him, right?"

"Oh, yes. The one who kissed my mum."

Okay, that was completely off limits! I stood perplexed and frozen to the ground as Lala burst into laughter and turned her laughing eyes to me as if telling me 'so you kiss, huh? Gotcha!'
I turned to TJ who was grinning and gave him the killer stare which read 'remind me to kill you later'

Mayor didn't miss the look on my face and he laughed along with Lala.
Great.

"Yeah, that one. Derrick."
Mayor said to TJ, nodding.
"You are very outspoken, TJ. I like that. I think you and Derrick will get along well. He is just like you."
Mayor said.

"Yeah. Shocking, huh?"
Lala said and I turned to her.

"What's shocking?"

"I mean, TJ looks like the Jacobs. You don't even need to..."

"Stop playing that over observant role on my son, Lala. Just stop it."
I was clearly annoyed. She murmured an apology and it's a good thing Mayor and TJ were too engrossed in a discussion about the paintings on the wall, to even hear what Lala said.

They opened a door and just like the last time, the same people greeted me but passed their smiling gaze to my son. Except that Barry and AJ weren't here now.

But I saw Jenna and she smiled at me. The smile that said 'you are here again'
And that smile gave me the wrong vibes.

"This is TJ?"
She said and I nodded.

Lala had gone off to give Kendrick a hug. Hmm. Something tells me that I'm not the only one keeping secrets.

Derrick stepped forward and gave me a hug. "I'm glad you came."
He said. I smiled. He turned to TJ.
"TJ, how are you?"

"I'm fine. How are you?"
He chuckled and Jenna laughed.

"I'm good. I was wondering, TJ. Would you like to go out with me next weekend?"

TJ's eyes lit up and he looked up at me for permission.

"Why do you keep looking at your mother?"
Derrick asked.

When I nodded and my son, he turned to Derrick and smiled. "I have to ask her permission first before I leave the house. Mum said it is dangerous to leave the house without her permission."

I smiled at that. Jenna laughed again and passed a glance at the other guys.
"Interesting. I like this kid. Don't you, Derrick? He is very smart."

Derrick was grinning but he had his eyes on me. "Of course I do. Very smart."
He said with his eyes still on me.

"What do you like, TJ? What do you hate?"
Jenna asked.

TJ shrugged. "I hate carrots. I like to draw. A lot."

"AJ said he has a beautiful structure he made the day she visited them."
Kendrick said, his arms around Lala.

Jenna looked up at me, smiling. "Lovely." She turned to TJ.
"Do you know that Derrick loves to design things too?"

TJ turned to Derrick who was still grinning. "Really? Can you help me with my own, please? I want to learn more."

Derrick laughed. "Sure. Of course. Anytime you want my help, just give me a call, okay?"

TJ nodded.

~•°•~

"The party is inside."
A voice said and I just didn't have to turn around to know who just spoke. Even his cologne spelt Derrick.

I smiled when he joined me at the balcony and leaned against it with his back, folding his arms.

"I just needed some air."

He nodded. "You're beautiful, Melanie."
He said.

Blush Alert! And I blushed shamelessly. Thank God for the darkness.

"Thank you."

"It wasn't a compliment. It is the truth."
He said, shaking his head.

"Thank you for being honest, then."
I said and laughed.

He laughed too and turned around to lean his hands on the balcony.

"How old are you, Melanie?"

"Twenty six. You?"

"Older. Thirty. "

"Wow. Thirty and you already own this?"
I said waving my hand at the view around me.

He smiled.
"Surprised?"

"Maybe you should tell me about yourself, apart from being called Alpha, which I am still confused about, I know nothing about you."

"You know my age."
He pointed out.

I nodded. "That too. So, Alpha, tell me about how you grew up."

He chuckled. "How I grew up? I told you I grew up in Canada. Born there and grew up there. I do come to Nigeria sometimes on holidays."

Wow.
"So, all of you were born there?"

"Yep."

"AJ said you all are half casts."

He chuckled then laughed. "Right. My mum is a mixed breed. Her father was a Canadian and her mother was from Israel. My father is a Nigerian. From Edo."
He said and gave a final shrug.

"That's... Very good." I scoffed at my lame reply.

"Yeah? Shocked or surprised?"

I shook my head and laughed. "I don't know. Honestly, here's a shocker. I have never met a half cast before. You and your siblings are the first."

He stepped forward. "So, in other words, you have never dated a half cast before?"

I swallowed hard. Just because his voice was enticing. Too sexy for me to handle.
I shook my head, not trusting my voice.

"I like you, Melanie." He said. "And I want ask you out on a date with me. Will you?"

Instantly, I shook my head. He smiled.

"Really? I need words, Baby."

"Yes. I will go out with you, Derrick."

His eyes fell on my lips. For an instant I thought he would kiss me. I really want him to kiss me.
I involuntarily moistened my lips and he looked at me.

"I promised to make sure TJ isn't anywhere in sight."

"Huh? What are you..."

"Relax." He whispered. His voice was enough to rouse my already giddy nerves.
"I just want to kiss you."

He said and waited. As if he was asking my permission to kiss me.

His hand went round my waist and pulled me closer to him.
His lips brushed over mine at first and a gasp escaped my lips. Shivers ran down my spine.

God, help me.

His lips claimed mine.

Slowly.

Please vote and comment.
Love,
Mireya💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6K 4.6K 41
{COMPLETED} "This is the sequel to The Wrong Crowd." "I have not broken your heart - you have broken it; and in breaking it, you have broken mine."...
108 45 15
Hello everyone My name is Ada and this is my story, mostly. What do you do when your boyfriend breaks up with you on your birthday when you think he...
5.4K 66 13
Rui's bachelor party was in full swing but his mind was elsewhere, thinking of his impending marriage. When his friends surprised him with a girl fro...
94.9K 2.7K 34
We all know that starting the next stage of Education is hard, things like moving to a new area and being a freshmen in college. Well, that explains...