Not The Beta's Mate | ✔

By dreammcatcher

"Let me take you out on one date," he speaks, his lips dangerously close to mine. "And then I can fuck you se... More

Author's Note & Characters
Chapter One - Crush
Chapter Two - Memory Lane
Chapter Three - Lusting After You
Chapter Four - Flamin' Cheeks
Chapter Five - Shameless Thoughts
Chapter Six - Oops I Fell
Chapter Seven - Cheap Thrills
Chapter Eight - Get Up, Get Over It
Chapter Nine - I'm Having A Moment
Chapter Ten - I Don't Know Him
Chapter Eleven - Stop Turning Me On
Chapter Twelve - Not Strong Enough
Chapter Thirteen - The Secret's Out
Chapter Fourteen - I Got Butterflies
Chapter Fifteen - I Need You
Chapter Seventeen - Welcome To The World
Chapter Eighteen - I Don't Do Fancy
Chapter Nineteen - An Eventful Bumpy Ride
Chapter Twenty - You're Safe With Me
Chapter Twenty One - Pizza & Feelings
Chapter Twenty Two - Shaken Up
Chapter Twenty Three - Sexual Rewards
Chapter Twenty Four - Kayleigh, I'm A Werewolf
Chapter Twenty Five - Never Settle
Chapter Twenty Six - Be My Boyfriend?
Chapter Twenty Seven - The Unexpected Visitor
Chapter Twenty Eight - Don't Touch What's Mine
Chapter Twenty Nine - I Hate You
Chapter Thirty - I Can't Do This Anymore
Chapter Thirty One - Love Me
Chapter Thirty Two - I Like It Rough
Chapter Thirty Three - Birthday Surprises
Chapter Thirty Four - She's Here
Chapter Thirty Five - Dirty Liar
Chapter Thirty Six - I'll Wait Forever
Chapter Thirty Seven - Drunken Mistakes
Chapter Thirty Eight - Known Strangers
Chapter Thirty Nine - I Am Broody
Chapter Forty - Coffee and Care
Chapter Forty One - Graduation Kisses
Chapter Forty Two - Sexual Tension
Chapter Forty Three - Soulmates
Epilogue
Exclusive Chapters
Spin Off - Evan's Story
New Steamy Erotic Werewolf Book

Chapter Sixteen - She's In Labour

82K 3.3K 529
By dreammcatcher

Vote, Comment, Follow. You know the drill x

I am freaking the hell out.

KAYLEIGH ELLIOTT

WAKING UP NEXT to somebody was truly an exceptional feeling. Especially when they tell you that they care about you. It was the first time in ages that I slept well. And by well I mean fucking amazing.

I was half laying on Kayden, half on my own side. One of our hands tightly connected. I try my best to keep quiet as I shift under the duvet but Kayden wakes up almost instantly.

His eyes crack open and he stretches before turning to face me.

"Morning," he says deeply as he moves his hand from mine to my shoulder. His fingers dancing softly against my skin. I almost shudder at the feeling.

Kayden's voice was crisp and the perfect level of croakiness for a morning voice. It made my insides want to fall out onto the floor.

"Hi," I say quietly as I smile at him.

"What's the time?" He questions and I roll over to my bed side table and take my phone off charge.

Pressing my thumb to the middle button, the brightness of my screen flashes in my face making me squint my eyes.

"Ten past eight," I reply before placing my phone back down.

Kayden's hand moves up from my shoulder to cup my neck, his thumb brushes over my ear lobe slightly. His eyes settle on mine as he lets out a depressed sigh.

"I really don't want to leave you right now but I've got to go," he pouts slightly at me.

I nod knowing that I have class at nine anyway, I need to get back to studying.

"It's okay," I say. "Thanks for staying with me."

The corners of his lips pull up even further. "Always,"

His body leaves my bed and it instantly feels colder. Already missing having his closeness. My heart grew sad.

My shameless eyes watch as he reaches for his clothes on the back of my desk chair. He pulls on his jeans and my eyes float to his arms and chest. I don't even think I blink once as I admire him.

Kayden's hand then finds his top and his eyes peak up to look at me, a smirk playing on his lips.

"Take a picture it'll last longer," he teases me and I almost jump at his voice.

"I-I wasn't—" I stutter.

Kayden's eyes gleam at me as I struggle to speak. He pulls his top up and over his head. "Sure," he raises his eyebrows at me before grabbing his shoes.

He stands from my desk chair and takes a few strides over to the bed. Resting down onto the palm of his hands, he is level with my face.

"I'll call you?" He says as he flicks between my eyes.

I nod instantly. "Yeah."

His pink lips smile again before he places them onto my forehead. Leaving a soft lingering kiss that turns my whole body to jelly. Thank God I am not standing up right now.

"Bye," he says softly as he reaches my door.

"See you later," I reply as I watch him leave.

I collapse down onto my bed and reach for my phone.

Kayleigh Elliott

8:18AM

Okay, so I might have had a visitor last night...

Evie Pitchard

8:19AM

I swear to god if it was Josh I am going to punch him so hard in the dick that he will never be able to walk again!!

I snort at her text and find myself shaking my head.

Kayleigh Elliott

8:20AM

Not Josh, Kayden.

I told him about what happened with Josh though...

Evie Pitchard

8:20AM

OMG! What happened? Are you okay??

Kayleigh Elliott

8:21AM

Yeah I'm okay, I was a mess though. He took me to McDonald's to cheer me up. I honestly felt like my heart was going to fall out of my ass.

He even kissed me...

Evie Pitchard

8:22AM

Sweet Lord Jesus!! You are giving me the whole low down at 9 and I want every single detail

Kayleigh Elliott

8:22AM

Roger that.

I throw the covers off me and begin to get ready for the day. It was safe to say that I could already tell I was going to have a good day.

Everything felt doable.

It has been five days and I still haven't heard anything from Kayden.

Five bloody days.

He said that he would call me... I mean I could always call him. But he said he would call me.

Am I being too precious here?

A million scenarios run through my head.

Maybe he's decided that I'm just too much to handle. I have way too much baggage and it's long to get to know me. Even for a friendship.

Or maybe I'm just severely overthinking everything and making myself worse. I could always just send him a quick text and see what he was up to... or would that look desperate?

Jesus Christ, I felt like I was going crazy.

"Chill," I hear Ava beside me.

I force a smile to her. It was obvious that this was completely consuming my thoughts because my mind kept running off in a different direction.

I couldn't focus on anything for longer than a second. "Sorry," I apologise to Ava as we stop by some baby clothes. My fingers run along the tiny fabrics of baby grows and summer dresses.

"He's really busy at the moment, I'm sure he will call," Ava offers me a supportive smile.

I nod at her words. "I know, I know," I say quickly. "It's just not hard to send a text though is it?"

Ava gives me sympathetic look. "So when I asked if you guys were talking?" She flexes an eyebrow at me.

My shoulders shrug. "I dunno guess we just kinda got on. Like a house on fire."

Ava nods at my words and I notice that she smiles. "You're not mad are you?" I question turning my full attention to her.

Her head shakes instantly. "No of course not, I just don't want you getting hurt."

My heart sinks. "Is he like a player or something?" My voice comes out dry.

Ava snorts. "Definitely not, I just remember what you told me happened with you before." She starts. "I just never want you to settle for less than you're worth."

"I think I'm being a lot more careful now," I say. "Not wearing my heart on my sleeve like I used to."

Ava hums at me. I let out a huff and shake my head. "I'm sorry, we are here to shop for the baby. Not to talk about my stupid boy problems."

Ava turns to me. "Talking about your problems are just as important Kay, don't forget that."

I smile towards her. "So what do you need?"

Ava hums and turns back to the clothes. "I just wanted to have a look at some extra bits," she says as she picks up a cute yellow pinafore. "I just wanted to get out of the house really, Jax wasn't sure if I should go but there is only so much I could take of watching Jerry Springer."

I let out a laugh and nod towards the pinafore. "I like that one, perfect for summer."

Ava grins at me. "So when is your actual due date?" I question as we move onto jumpers and tops.

"In like two weeks," Ava says as she flicks through a rail of fluffy sweatshirts.

"You sure you're not gonna pop?" I say as I raise an eyebrow to her.

She laughs shortly and turns to me. "Definitely not, I am gonna be late. I feel it, you know?"

"Sure," I say as we move further down the aisle. "Except I've never been pregnant so, I wouldn't know."

Ava laughs again. "Yeah right, sorry. I forget not many people I know understand what I'm going through, apart from Lucy."

We shop around for a little while longer and pay for some items Ava had collected.

"Is it okay if we go sit down?" Ava asks as she rests her hand on her lower back. "I'm just getting a bit exhausted."

"Of course," I say.

We slowly walk towards a bench in the walkway of the shopping centre. Ava cramps over slightly letting out a strained sound, like she was in pain.

I become alert. "What is it?" I ask as I grab her arm.

"Nothing," she breathes out. "Nothing, just a sharp pain.

My eyes keep firmly on her as I keep a hold on her arm. "You sure?" I ask feeling concerned.

She nods but her eyes glass over in discomfort. "Yeah I think—" she pauses briefly. "Oh, shit!"

"What?" I cry our feeling completely useless.

Ava's hand finds her dress and pulls it up slightly, her legs dripping with fluid. Ava's worried eyes look up to me as she shakes on my arm.

The ground was beginning to collect the liquid beneath her. My own eyes grow wide as I watch her. "Did what I think just happen, happen?" I say stupidly.

Ava nods slowly. "My water just broke," she let's out breathlessly.

Then she clamps down onto my arm again and lets out an almighty scream.

"What's happening?" I felt like an idiot.

Was she going into labour? What did broken waters mean? Did she need to start pushing now?!

"Oh my God," I find myself panicking.

"Am-bulance," she let's out.

"Oh my God." I say again.

Random people around the shopping centre help me put her on the bench.

"I got it," a middle aged woman tells me as she raises her phone to her ear. "Just be there for her."

"Oh my God!" For the third time.

"I am the one having a child Kayleigh!" Ava grounds out as pain shoots through her again. "Pull yourself together." She says through gritted teeth.

I let out a breath. "Got it,"

Ava cries out again and squeezes my hand. "Fuck, fuck, fuck." She chants as she clamps her eyes shut tightly.

"It's okay, it's okay," I hush her. "The ambulance will be here soon."

I was completely freaking out right now. My best friend was about to have a baby.

Sweet fuck.

"Do you feel like you need to push?" Another woman asks Ava and she shakes her head taking in quick deep breaths.

"It j-just fuck-ing hurts," she strains out. Her forehead now wrinkled, a vein showing every now and then.

"Ambulance said they should be here any second!" The woman shouts over to us as she locks her iPhone.

"Th-at's not s-soon enough!" Ava shouts out as she lets her left hand drip the wooden bench.

"It's okay, everything is gonna be okay," I say as I smooth over her brown hair.

Ava turns to me, her eyes stinging with tears. "G-Get Jax," she says through gritted teeth.

I nod at her words. "Please," she pleads. Tears streaming down her face. "Just get Jax."

Out the corner of my eye I see paramedics and a wheelchair rush over to us. "Ambulance are here now Av, it's okay," I say softly as I pull away from her.

She cries. "Get J-Jax, he isn't responding to me,"

I furrow my eyebrows at her words and before I have time to question her, two paramedics push in front of me.

"GET JAX NOW!" She screams so loud people begin to turn and stop.

I flinch at her voice but it is completely understandable. Reaching for my phone in my bag, I pull it out and instantly dial Kayden's number. My hands are shaking vigorously, why the hell was I so damn scared?

Moving away to give Ava some space, I put the phone to my ear and listen to it ring. The pull Ava into the wheelchair and towards the exit.

I trail behind. How many times does his phone have to ring for him to pick up? Becoming agitated, I lift my thumb to my mouth and begin to bite at my nail.

"Fuck sake, pick up you idio—"

"Kayleigh," his voice completely stops me in my tracks. "I'm so sorry, I was meant to call you. I've been cra—"

"Shut up!" I yell through the phone.

He goes quiet instantly.

"It's Ava her water just broke, they're taking her to the hospital. You need to tell Jaxon." I rush quickly.

Kayden pauses for a second. "Oh shit,"

"So you need to drive him to the hospital, like right now!" I say as I reach the ambulance outside.

"Fuck, shit, yes," he says between breaths. "I'll go tell him now."

Then the call is disconnected.

My legs climb me into the back of the ambulance and I watch as the paramedics peak at Ava's vagina. They start talking about her being dilated and medical talk. I have no idea what they're saying.

I hope to God she doesn't give birth soon, not without Jaxon being here. Sitting down next to the bed, her hand claims mine again. Her grip is so tight I actually think my hand might drop off. But it's okay because she is going to be in a lot more pain than I am. Just think of that.

Her head turns to me and tears stain her cheeks. "I'm so scared Kayleigh," she breathes out shakily.

I try not to frown at her words but instead be strong for her. "You've got this Ava, Jaxon is on his way to the hospital now, okay?"

She nods at me, letting a few strands of hair fall into her face.

"You got this," I say forcing a confident smile. "You are strong and you can do this."

She shakes her head aggressively. "I need him here, I can't do this alone." She cries, her distress completely taking over.

"You can, you can," I say and bring her hand up to my lips. I kiss her skin softly. "He will be right there with you once we get to the hospital, okay? Trust me."

Ava's worried eyes look up to me.

"Thank you Kayleigh," she says sniffling her nose. "For being here."

Hey huns! So I'm just having a fucking amazing day, so I've decided to update again and make you guys day even better! (Love me even more now)

Omg who the hell is ready to meet the baby? I'm so excited, she's finally coming!!

QUESTION: what do you think Ava and Jax are gonna name the baby???

I honestly have the cutest damn name for her

I'd love to know what you guys thought of this chapter so please leave a comment and don't forget to vote!

I am aiming to get this story finished within 1-2 months. Chapters should be regular and I don't want to leave you guys waiting for long!

See you guys on the next one, Savanna x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197K 5.3K 57
Book 4 in the Redemption Series. FINISHED! Will edit once I'm done procrastinating. **** "You will always be my possession, but you're not an object...
84.5K 3.1K 49
"I don't care that you're my mate. I will never... and I repeat, I will never be yours, Hunter." she grits her teeth, making Hunter smirk. "Is that a...
114K 4K 46
Currently editing to Third POV 𝘉𝘰𝘰𝘬 1 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘦𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴. <𝘛𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘪𝘯 1990> 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺�...
289K 8K 42
He growled as he pushed me against the wall, "You're mine and you can't leave!" "I'm not anyone's and I can leave if I want." I starred straight in...