his fake boyfriend ➸ hyunin

By freckledlix

hyunjin clapped his hands, "anyways! eat up baby, then let's see if we can still catch mr. kang before he lea... More

introduction
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
epilogue + author's note
40.1
40.2
40.3
40.4
40.5
announcement

thirty

7.2K 410 1.4K
By freckledlix

ik i said we had enough angst but i swear this has a purpose!!

this is somewhat lengthy too so yeah uwu think of it as a thank you for helping me gain a thousand reads after two chapters <3

--

kim seungmin had brown eyes, the kind of eyes that one wouldn't get tired of staring at. the kind of eyes that displayed genuine emotions and the type that could look into your soul. his eyes matched his hair, although hyunjin had said the seungmin he knew had red hair, this one had brown.

seungmin was pretty, his features were soft and innocent. he could see why hyunjin fell for him. he was his ideal type.

jeongin found himself staring at seungmin for a little while before snapping back to reality as he coughed.

"y-you're seungmin?" he squeaked out as seungmin chuckled and nodded.

"yes, hwang hyunjin's bestfriend."

"was." jeongin blurted out as seungmin gave him a look of confusion.

"i'm sorry?"

"was," jeongin repeated, "you were his bestfriend, that title belongs to felix now."

seungmin looked taken aback by this, he looked down as jeongin continued, surprised by himself that he wasn't stuttering or felt inferior to the person in front of him. that he didn't feel inferior to the person that has bewitched his jinnie.

"i think you stopped being his bestfriend when you hurt him in the past." jeongin added as seungmin frowned.

"come with me, this isn't the place for this." the older stated as he turned around and walked.

jeongin hesitated on following him but he decided to follow him anyway.

--

the two were at the rooftop of the hotel, seungmin waited for him patiently, they stood by the pool and under it's lights.

"how much do you know?" seungmin asked quietly as jeongin answered,

"i know enough."

"i know how much you've hurt him after that, how many tears he's shed or how he shut himself down and you left yeji and felix hyung to suffer from your mistakes? yeah, i guess i know enough." jeongin spat, not caring if he sounded rude right now.

he couldn't help it, the main reason as to why he had suffered was standing right in front of him.

seungmin deserved to feel the pain he had felt over the course of three months, seungmin deserved to feel the pain he made hyunjin feel for almost a year.

seungmin looked away, having found it hard to stare into the younger's eyes after the truth was slammed onto his face like a speeding car crashing onto a brick wall.

it hurt like a bitch.

"i- i can explain this all." he said, his voice barely a whisper, his voice almost cracking.

"w-when hyunjin confessed to me, i- i was scared. i didn't know what to do-" he started but jeongin cut him off with a humorless laugh.

"i've heard that a million times already." he snickered.

"but it's the truth!" seungmin snapped, his eyes darting up to glare at jeongin's cold interrogating ones.

"i- i was alone in a foreign country, i- i learned about my mom, a-and then all of a sudden he says that! what did you expect me to do?!"

"you could've said yes?" jeongin said rhetorically.

"long distance relationships never work out." seungmin snickered.

"how would you know? you've been single your whole life." jeongin quipped as seungmin just glared.

"you let your fear get the better of you and you're paying the price for it."

"what makes you any better than me? for all we know you did the same thing."

jeongin shrugged, "what makes me better than you is that i actually did something about my fear and conquered it."

seungmin just stared at him and then laughed, like really laughed. jeongin stared at him in confusion before the older stopped laughing as he snarked at him,

"you've got some nerve talking shit about me when i don't even know who the hell you are."

"me? oh, i'm jeongin remember? yang jeongin..."

"i'm his boyfriend."

--

"hey, have you seen innie? i can't find him anywhere." hyunjin asked yeji, concern laced into his voice.

yeji frowned drunkinly,"that's weird, he was here just a few minutes ago. hey s'weird that seungmin ain't here either. daaamn, is this the part where everyone goes missing and is found DEAD after a few seconds? omg fun!"

hyunjin sighed and he turned to yeonjun who shot him an apologetic smile, "'m sorry hyungie, she's drunk."

"it's okay junnie, go take care of her for me yeah? i'll go find my baby." hyunjin said as he ruffled his sister's hair as she frowned angrily.

"don't touch my hair cunt." she snapped as she swung her arm drunkenly, unaware she was holding a champagne flute in her hands and the rest of the champagne splashed onto poor yeonjun's face.

hyunjin snickered as he offered brother-in-law his hankerchief as he left.

as he walked past tables, exchanged "hellos" and greeted relatives and whatnot, he began to worry about his baby.

"hey, are you looking for someone?" he heard a voice ask and he turned around and saw someone dressed in a white dress shirt with two buttons open, paired with black slacks and a blazer.

he had black hair and doe eyes, his face screamed perfect.

"i'm sorry and you are?" he asked, cursing himself for sounding rude.

jungkook chuckled as he showed him his invitation, "relax, i'm here with my friend. i'm jungkook by the way, jeon jungkook."

"hyunjin. hwang hyunjin."

jungkook's stare hardened once he heard his name before walking dangerously close to him, trapping hyunjin to a wall.

hyunjin whimpered slightly, he looked around but the people didn't pay attention to them because they were in a dimly lit place in the room.

"listen here bub, i'm going to make this quick." jungkook said lowly, making hyunjin gulp.

"now, if you even think of hurting my innie ever again, i'm going to shove a fist down your throat and another fist up your ass and i'm going to play your heart like an accordion. you got me?" jungkook growled, his hands already grasping onto hyunjin's collar.

"y-yes sir." hyunjin squeaked, jungkook smirked at him and let him go.

"now there's a compliant boy. i saw innie walk off with some dandy looking fella. they looked like they were heading for the rooftop."

'dandy?' hyunjin thought, confused.

then it hit him.

his eyes went wide before he said a quick thank you to jungkook before he ran off for the rooftop.

--

hyunjin's heart was beating really loud as he raced through the stairs, his mind going overdrive thinking of what the two were up to.

on one hand, he had his bestfriend since childhood, been with him a lot and said friend went off and never to be heard from again after he proclaimed his love.

on the other, he had his fake boyfriend, someone who he had grown feelings beyond infatuation for, someone who has been with him through some of the happiest and saddest moments in his life.

both were equally important to him.

but he knew who his heart longed for.

he knew who he wanted now.

he opened the door to the rooftop and saw the two glaring at one another, when they heard the door to the rooftop open and they snapped their heads towards the noise.

seungmin's eyes reminded him of a siren- hypnotic and alluring, keep looking and you'd find yourself getting attracted and you won't realize drama and pain were lurking.

jeongin's eyes reminded him of the sun, radiating nothing but warmth and vibrance. the kind of eyes that take you in and sooner or later you'd be basking in the summer heat, enjoying yourself.

"w-what's going on here?" hyunjin asked as seungmin beamed at him, walking past jeongin.

his eyes slightly narrowed at the fact that seungmin intentionally bumped his shoulder on his baby but he chose to remain silent about the topic for now.

"boyfriend?" seungmin asked, ridiculed at the thought, "what is this clownery?!"

hyunjin took a deep breath, he hadn't seen seungmin get this pressed in a while now.

he wasn't used to it.

but he stared at seungmin's face...

and it was clear.

he opened his mouth and uttered the words,

"he's not my boyfriend. he's my fake boyfriend."

jeongin's heart snapped.

he felt humiliated, he was about to scream and throw a fit but he saw the look on hyunjin's eyes that screamed 'trust me.'

so he did.

something about the way hyunjin stared at him made him feel safe and secure, that hyunjin was going to take care of him, that this time, he wasn't going to get hurt.

--

"he's my fake boyfriend."

"yes, i heard that jinnie."

"but he was the one that i came to when i needed someone the most."

--

"he was the one that took care of me when i was sick."

--

"he's the only one that i wouldn't get tired watching eat cookies and cream ice cream."

--

"he's my cupcake person." hyunjin said as he walked towards jeongin, completely ignoring seungmin as he had his eyes set on the younger, who had tears in his eyes as he couldn't believe what he was hearing right now.

"he's the one that threw me the best birthday party of my life."

--

by now hyunjin was in front of him, he slowly raised his hand to caress jeongin's cheek, "so beautiful." he mumbled as jeongin blushed.

"he's the one that was there for my graduation."

--

"but i hurt him."

--

"i kept mistaking him for you, comparing him to you, wanting him to be you." hyunjin mumbled as seungmin just stood there watching him.

hyunjin was still holding onto jeongin's cheek, "i'm really sorry about that angel, it was foolish of me."

"i didn't know that i was hurting the person that was already there for me when i was longing for the person i never had."

--

"but i love you!" seungmin screamed at him.

jeongin flinched and hyunjin stilled for a second before he replied cooly,

"and i loved you."

--

...

...

...

--

"i love someone else now."

jeongin gasped in surprise but hyunjin placed his index finger on jeongin's lips to shush him.

he turned to seungmin and said, "i loved you, i really did. i let myself get consumed by your flames that i didn't realize that it was burning me alive rather than keeping me warm. it was toxic for me when you just left me after i poured my heart out to you."

he took a deep breath before continuing, he took jeongin's hand and gave it a soft kiss.

"when yeji told me you were coming i didn't know what to do, i didn't want to see you and have you think that i haven't moved on so i found jeongin. he was my security blanket, an insurance policy if you may. but that's when i realized he was more than that."

"he's my baby."

--

"w-what are you trying to say?" seungmin stuttered.

--

"i literally almost died for him trying to get him back, but that experience breathed a new life in me and then it was clear."

"my fake boyfriend gave me more happiness and love than the person who i thought would give me just that."

"and," hyunjin said as he held jeongin's hand, "i hope he knows i want us more to be than fake boyfriends."

--

"h-hyunjin.." jeongin said, his eyes getting glossy, his heart beating rapidly as he stared into the warmest brown he had ever seen.

hyunjin's eyes.

--

"b-but, wha- how, she?! GODDAMNIT HYUNJIN JUST TELL ME WHO DO YOU WANT!" seungmin snapped at him, though in his heart he already knew the answer.

"i think my choice is clear seungmin. now, leave us be."

seungmin gaped at him in shock, "b-but i'm here now! we can be together!"

hyunjin hummed, "i'm afraid you're nine months too late."

seungmin glared and turned heel, "tch, fine. forget i said shit. you two are just so damn perfect for one another."

then he left.

"j-jinnie.."

hyunjin smiled at him, "don't you remember love? jinnie is innie's and innie is jinnie's."

that's when hyunjin leaned in and pressed his lips against his.

now this was the first kiss he deserved.

no interruptions, no wrong names.

everything was clear, no more setbacks.

"b-baby," hyunjin moaned softly as he peppered jeongin's face with kisses.

"tell me what you want." hyunjin breathed softly as he pressed their bodies closer, wanting to be as close to the younger as possible.

"i-"

"i want you to take me."

jinnie was innie's and innie was jinnie's.

that was clear now.

--

okay this is my fave now i legit busted into uwus and wanted to like jump into the book and have hyunjin all to myself 😔😔👉👈

funny how y'all thought my man was gonna fuck shit up again have faith uwu

i hope you guys loved this as much as i do!!

also im pretty sure ya guys now what comes next after this!!

the next chapter would be the last chapter that focuses largely on hyunin. the following would be of changlix and minsung and then the epilogue.

thank you for reading!!

- ferds

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.5K 1.6K 66
Hyunjin is a CEO of a hotel that he inherited after his parents who had passed away in an accident. He is a very rich and open minded business man wh...
846K 40.8K 68
"I wouldn't blame you if you tried to walk away. But I want you to stay". Lee Min ho, full time being emotionless, best friends with a crazy Australi...
365K 21.3K 20
in which hwang hyunjin slowly takes interest in top student kim seungmin after he spills ice tea on him. [this is literally a fetus story, cringe war...
308K 16K 46
[...]"𝘐 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘭𝘦𝘵'𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘱 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦..." "𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰�...