Love... What Bullshit!!!

By Navya_Mishra

Two unknown people... Both incomplete in their own ways!!! Will they be able to complete each other?? Fill i... More

Part 1
Characters
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18:
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35:
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
😡😡😡
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Question!
Part 50
Part 51
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
Part 91
Hang in there...
Part 92
Part 93
Part 94
Part 95
Part 96
Part 97
Part 98
Part 99
Part 100
Part 101
Part 102
Part 103
Part 104
Part 105
Part 106
Thanks!
Epilogue!
There?
New Story Alert: The Fall...

Part 52

9.9K 932 54
By Navya_Mishra

After the very warm welcome by her new family, Nyonika took Nandini to the kitchen for a small ritual in which she had to make something sweet for everyone.

She convinced Nyonika that she would make the entire dinner, in which Nyonika gladly helped her giving a time off to the staff. The duo got to work talking casually as Nandini asked her the food preferences of everyone. She was not even surprised to find how similar were Manik and her choices. She made a mental note of what Nyonika and Harsh liked the most.

The light conversation with Nyonika proved to be another reality check for her. This was the first time she was ever having such a good time cooking something. Though she knew how to cook, but she had learnt it all out of necessity when she moved out of her University hostel and rented a flat in London. After a tiring day full of classes, cooking in the lonely quiet flat was never something she looked forward to, but here she was laughing and smiling at the silly jokes made by this wonderful women who was now called her Mother in Law.

Her hands moved on their own, out of old habit but for the first time she was happy to be standing in the kitchen, coz she was no longer making something to fill her hungry self, but also for these other people who were her family. She wanted them to like what she was making, she wanted opinions which she never got before provided the fact that she never made something for anyone ever before, except for some small knick knacks that she made in London when her classmates ever came over for projects, and the one time for Manik in Bangalore. Her so called real family didn't even know that she could make herself a fresh meal.

"Nandini...."
She heard Nyonika call her, making her turn towards suddenly.

Nyonika: What happened? Are u fine? I called u out a few times!

Nandini: Ohh I m so sorry, I kinda zoned out...
Nandini said her face turning red in embarrassment while Nyonika just smiled,

Nyonika: It's ohk... I was just saying that this is done, do u need my help in the dessert pie?

Nandini: No no its fine... It's almost done anyways, just a few minutes more...
Nandini said looking at what she was doing while Nyonika just nodded.

Nyonika: Ohk u finish it, I'll just go and check if the staff has the living room cleared out. U never know what this father-son duo up to.... Once u are done, go and take some rest before everyone else comes okay?

Nandini: Yes Mom don't worry... I'll be fine!

Nyonika smiled at her as she left the kitchen. It took hardly 10 minutes for nandini to finish it off before she kept the tray in the fridge and instructed the staff to take it out at the time of dessert. She walked out of the kitchen to find the living room empty, looking around she didn't find anyone.

Though she knew that this was her own house now, but she still wasn't used to roam around in here with familiarity. She opened up her purse to call Manik but realized that her phone was still not with her. Not knowing what exactly to do, she decided to go to Manik's room and rest as Nyonika had suggested.

She walked up the stairs, and was about to turn towards the right, to Manik's room when she heard a muffed voice of laughter from the other side. Due to the muffed voice she couldn't make out whose voice it was, making her move towards the sound. She moved to the left corridor and walked further towards the last room which had the door slightly opened.

Nandini looked inside only to smile as she saw Manik and Nyonika sitting on the bed as he laughed out loud while Nyonika continued to hit him feebly with what looked like a magazine. She smiled broadly at their friendly banter and turned to go when she heard Harsh's voice.

Harsh: Nandini where are u going? Come in dear!

Nyonika stopped hitting Manik at his voice while Nandini just stopped.
Nandini: Umn no... I just heard the voice, so I came! I didn't mean to intrude....

She again turned to go when Manik jumped off the bed and moved towards her holding her wrist.

Manik: Oh no plz... U can't leave, u have to save me from Mom!
He pulled her into the room while Nandini saw Nyonika roll her eyes.

Nyonika: U deserve every bit of it idiot....

Harsh saw Nandini looking between Manik and Nyonika and got up from his seat at the couch before walking towards her. He cupped the side of her face and smiled,
Harsh: Nandini... Don't feel so uncomfortable! U r not Intruding in between anything. U a part of this family now and u'll also be there when we all sit together and enjoy some family time....

Nandini nodded softly at him looking at Nyonika's smiling face when Manik tucked her forward and made her sit on the bed.
Manik: Exactly and so Nandini should also be a part of this punishment with me...

Nandini immediately looked up at his words to find him smirking down at her mischievously,
Nandini: What punishment?

Harsh: Why her?

Manik ignored Nandini's question and simply shrugged at Harsh,
Manik: Well its not just me who made it to the covers...

Nyonika: Oh no young man... U r not putting it on her shoulders, its clearly ur fault, she didn't even know what was happening...

Nandini: Well I still don't know what's happening!
Nandini said looking at them confused as Manik just chuckled and passed her the magazine. Nandini took the magazine casually only to gasp as she saw the cover page with a picture of the two of them running from the venue last night, with the caption, "The New Age Runaway Couple!"

She looked up at Manik's amused expression in shock as he simply shrugged.
Manik: U said it will make the headlines.... I guess they just lifted it up a notch! Its on the cover of leading monthly Magazines....

Nyonika smacked his head for making fun of it while harsh chuckled.
Nyonika: It was supposed to be something good and not the picture of the bride-groom running away from their own party.

Manik: Its not my fault at her dress was heavy.... I was just being a good husband and helping my wife!

Harsh laughed at his words while Nandini turned red in embarrassment as Nyonika glared at her husband. Manik noticed Nandini's face still on the magazine and took it from her.

Manik: Relax Mom... I m sure they r glad to find some spice in the wedding news! Plus it was fun to see their surprised expressions, wasn't it?

Nandini: U r crazy!

Manik: Come on... I know U loved every bit of it....
Manik said as a matter of fact and sat on the couch pulling her beside himself while Nyonika finally let the matter go as she took a seat with Harsh.

Nyonika: By the way Nandini... Did u like the apartment?

Nandini: Yes... In fact I loved it!
Nandini smiled broadly at the mention of the apartment while Harsh raised his brows at Manik.

Harsh: Good u did.... This man literally spent the last entire month getting it right!

Nandini looked at Manik who simply rubbed the back of his neck before moved his arm on the couch back behind her.

Nyonika: Anyways... I have talked to some of our old staff, they'll be coming over everyday and do the chores for u.... Cleaning, organizing cooking and all...

Manik nodded at it while Nandini just looked down at her lap thinking about it. She looked up at them again before she said,
Nandini: Umn Mom... I... Actually I was thinking.... Umn!

Nyonika: Nandini relax... Say whatever it is dear! U don't have to hesitate...

Nandini: I just wanted to say that I don't think we would need the staff!

Nyonika: But then how will u manage all the stuff Nandini... We don't want u working that much..

Nandini: Mom actually... Until now, I had this stupid wish for a small place of my own, where I could do all the stuff myself, managing all the knick knacks on my own without any help. And now that I have one, I want to fulfill that wish of mine.

Harsh smiled at her words nodding, while Manik spoke up,
Manik: If that's what u want... Then so be it!

Nandini smiled broadly at him,
Nandini: Really?

Manik: Of course... That is our home and I want everything in there to be exactly what u like!
Manik said sincerely as he entwined his fingers with hers while Nandini just squeezed his hand slightly.

Nyonika: Ohk then... But I'll arrange someone to come over and do the cleaning chores at least! I don't want u all worked up..

Nandini nodded at her feeling great full when Nyonika sighed,
Nyonika: U sure Nandini it won't be much coming home daily and doing the stuff, i mean cooking and all...

Nandini: Yes Mom I m sure... I anyways like cooking for someone and if someday I don't feel like it, the Manik will cook!
She said smirking at her last words as Manik's head snapped towards her in a second.

Manik: I will?

Nandini: Yes u will...
Nandini said sternly and shrugged while Nyonika and Harsh laughed out loud.

-----------------------------------

Days passed, weeks passed and before they even realised Two Months passed away.

Manik and Nandini were happy in their La-La Land. If not anything else, their friendship grew even stronger. The level of understanding between them was so high, that words failed them.

Their days would usually start with a silent coffee in the balcony made by whoever woke up first, after which Nandini would make breakfast while Manik got ready. The breakfast time was quite different from the coffee, as it was filled with the two of them bickering about something or the other, or sometimes discussing work. The day at work was pity much like earlier only with not much changes except that now everyone was used to them being together and they didn't get raised eyebrows. After work they would usually move back home, spending the rest of the day chilling with some movie, a game, preparing dinner together and stuff.

It was a simple routine, but somehow it turned out to be a perfect one for them. Both of them were too much comfortable around each other and that made it perfect for them.

Since the two of them had willingly wrapped themselves in their sweet cocoon, i.e. their apartment, their friends made it a point to drop by every few days. Not that they complained about it, a day with friends was something they could never turn down. Even Rishab dropped by sometimes and spent sometime with them.

The weekends were spent at the Malhotra Mansion where Nandini loved the love showering upon her while Manik and Fab4 used that time for Music. The Music Room in their apartment was not as that in the Malhotra Mansion and they decided to stick to it.

Nandini: Mom who is this?
Nandini asked Nyonika on one such Saturday evening as the two of them sat relaxing in the living room, going through some old photographs.

Nyonika looked at the picture she was pointing to and smiled,
Nyonika: That's Mukti.... This picture is of Manik's 12th birthday, he was all ready for the Party when Mansi pushed him into the pool. He was so angry at his sister that day, he even decided not to share any of his cake with anyone except for Mukti as she helped him out of the pool.

Nandini chuckled at the next picture showing a grumpy Manik cutting the cake.

Nandini: Nothing's changed... I guess he was always this grumpy!
Nandini said making Nyonika laugh when she heard a voice behind her.

Manik: Well am I?

Nandini smiled at his voice, not bothering to look up as he moved around the sofa and took a seat next to her, and immediately lying down with his head resting on her lap.

Nandini: Manik.... I m doing something!
Nandini said as she had to pull the album away from her lap.

Manik: Haan toh do it later...
Manik said simply as he held her hand and moved it to his hair.

Fab4 moved ahead behind him taking their seats around while Nandini simply smiled at Manik as she placed the album by her side and threaded her fingers in his hair, a gesture she knew he loved.

Mukti: See always an attention seeking cry baby!
Mukti said throwing a cushion over him while Manik happily ignore her words closing his eyes as Nandini moved his fingers through his hair.

Nandini: So how was ur practise? Finished the songs yet?

Cabir: Yeah... Finally! We start recording next week...

Nyonika: That's great! Anyways, u all must be famished, I'll just go and get something arranged for u all.
Nyonika said standing up as she took the albums.

Nandini: I'll help with u Mom!
Nandini said immediately, moving to get up when Manik groaned and Nyonika smiled,
Nyonika: Relax... I'll just ask the servants to get it done and then go to my room.

Nandini smiled at her nodding as she saw her walking away before she smacked Manik's arm.
Nandini: What was that?

Manik: Ouch...
Manik said rubbing where she hit as he opened his eyes to find her glaring at him.

Manik: I m trying to take a nap here can't u see!

Nandini: This is not a place to take a nap Manik... There is a room upstairs!
Nandini said sternly still glaring at him while he just shrugged and held one of her hand over his chest while the other still stays buried in his hair.

Manik: I like it here...

Nandini rolled her eyes at him while she got into a conversation with the others. They all sat their chatting around as Nandini told them how Cabir tried to flirt with this cute girl during one of their site visits just to get the entry in area and her bulky boyfriend came out scaring the shit out of him.

Cabir: What there is nothing to laugh?? That guy was huge!
Cabir said talking a stand while the others simply laughed.

Aliya: Cabir... Why did u flirt with her in the first place? Forgot about Navya!
Aliya said teasing him.

Cabir: Hey that was just casual flirting, plus we really needed to get in there, right Nandini?

Nandini shrugged at it with a simple nod,
Nandini: There were other ways to get in.... I wonder what would Navya think when she gets to know!

"Gets to know what?"
They heard the talked person enter the room with Abhi at her side as everyone turned towards them with a broad smile.

Cabir: Gets to know how much I love you!!
Cabir said making her raise her brows at him while the others controlled their laughter.

Abhi took a seat next to Mukti greeting them all when he noticed Manik.

Abhi: Manik?

Not hearing any really Nandini looked down at her lap to find him peacefully sleeping, clutching her hand in his.

Dhruv: Oh ye toh sach me so gya!
Dhruv says looking closely while the others smiled and Nandini continued to move her fingers in his hair.

Nandini: I guess he was actually tired...
She said looking at him before softly kissing the side of his head.

Aliya: Aww.....
Aliya said immediately making the others join while Nandini rolled her eyes hiding the red on her face.

Nandini: Shut up aliya!

They laughed at it, moving the topic back to cabir as Mukti repeated the same story to Navya, this time with a lot of Mirch Masala into it, making sure Cabir doesn't get his kiss that night.

Cabir: Come on yr u girls are evil.... Stop lying to my girlfriend.
Cabir whined making them laugh when Nandini's phone started ringing taking up their attention. She picked it up from her side and checked the number before ignoring it.

Abhi: Who is it?

Nandini: Some international number... Must be some company with their travel plans!
She said with a shrug as they continued talking.

Soon enough it was time for dinner as Nyonika and Harsh came downstairs when they moved towards the dining area after Nandini woke back up. They were half way, through the dinner when Nandini's phone rang again with the same number but she again ignored it not wanting to get up in between the dinner. It wasn't until the third call that she finally decided to pick it up,

Nandini: Sorry, I'll just take it!

Nyonika: Don't worry dear, just see who it is but don't get up in between dinner.
Nyonika said smiling at her as Nandini received the call.

Nandini: Hello!

"Nandini Kapoor?" she heard a female voice from the other side with a proper british accent.

Nandini: Yes!

"Why the hell are u ignoring my freaking calls girl?"
The girl shouted making her confused as she pulled the phone away from her ear.

Nandini: Sorry, may I know who is this?

"Veronica Maxwell, u dumb girl, did u forget me already?" she heard an angry voice from the other end making her blink in recognition.

Nandini: Oh Veronica, Ronnie.... Hi! I m so sorry I didn't hv ur number saved...
She said as Manik looked up at her asking her who it is as she picked up a finger asking him for a minute.

Veronica: Yeah yeah I know all ur excuses... Its been a year since u went to India and u hvn't talk to any of us even once!

Nandini was confused by this sudden call from her old classmate making her fumble in her words,
Nandini: I... Umn I just got.... Got a bit busy so-

Veronica: Okay Okay leave it.... I'll listen to all of it when we meet!

Nandini: Meet?

Veronica: Yes... Its our University's 50th Anniversary next month and since we were the last batch to graduate, we all have got special invitations. Ur invitation was sent to ur old flat here as that was the last address available.

Nandini: Ohh that's great Ronnie... But I m afraid I won't be able to make it there!
Nandini said finally taking everyone's attention as they turned silent and heard her one sided conversation.

Veronica: Come on Nandini.... Don't be a spoil sport again!

Nandini: I m sorry, but I have a lot going on here... I hv prior work as well as personal commitments, I can't make it.

Veronica: I Don't Care What It is Girl... U Have to Come!
She shouted again making Nandini pull the phone away from her ear.

Veronica: Listen Nandini, u were the valedictorian of our batch... U have to be here!

Nandini: Valedictorian or not... I can't come Ronnie! And listen I'll call u back later okay, I m in the middle of something right now...

Veronica: But Nandini...

Nandini: Bye Ronnie...
Nandini said making her sigh as she said bye and Nandini disconnected the call. She kept her phone aside and looked up at the others,

Nandini: Sorry that was an old acquaintance from London....

Mukti: Chill its fine! But what was she saying?

Nandini: Apparently next month its the Golden jubilee Celebration of our University and we all are invited. But anyways I m not going....

Harsh: Why dear? U should!!

Nandini: Umn Dad its no use.... I anyways don't have any such contacts there, so I really don't mind missing it.
Nandini shrugged as she continued eating.

Cabir: Well she definitely seemed like a friend!

Nandini: As I said more like an acquaintance... I... I didn't make any friends as such before u guys!
Nandini said softly making Manik hold her hand from her side. She smiled at him casually making him nod when Nyonika suddenly clapped.

Nyonika: No No No u r going for thing thing of urs and not just u Manik too will be joining u.... U'll attend ur event in London and then go to other places also...... Anyways ur Honeymoon was long due, this is the best opportunity for that..

All of them smiled broadly at her idea as Aliya, Mukti and Navya immediately got excited deciding to start shopping and plan everything when Nandini said,
Nandini: But Mom its not needed... I m actually not willing to go to London.

Manik: Exactly... I mean what's the need to do all this! Work is also all here and Nandini has this project getting over then the opening celebration and all is also left... U know how much she has worked on this project, I don't want her to miss this...

Harsh: Ohh come on... That is in 15-20 days, and her event is next month. And Cabir and I can handle all work for a month.

Nandini: A Month?
Nandini said surprised when Nyonika rolled her eyes.

Nyonika: Of course... Its ur Honeymoon! It has to be long otherwise what's the use....

All their friends hooted at her words teasing the two of them while Nandini turned red.
Manik: But Mom-

Mukti: Ohh shut up Manik... U r the most Unromantic person ever! How can a guy say No to his own Honeymoon?

Manik just opened up his moth to say something but closed it again not knowing what to say. He was thinking what to say when he heard a small voice from his side.

"We'll go!"

He looked at Nandini when she whispered the words only for him to hear. Nandini squeezed his hand softly nodding her head once as Manik smiled,
Manik: Fine... We will go!

The entire table erupted in excitement as the girls again started discussing shopping. Thought it was the two of them going but looking around it seemed as if they all were going on a trip except for these two. Manik chuckled at the thought thinking so as he looked at Nandini.

Manik: Looks like we have a long Honeymoon waiting for us!

Nandini smiled at his words before shrugging,
Nandini: It appears so...
-------------------------------

Heyo people!

That was the next part! Do express ur views in the comment option....

Love,
Navya!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 7.8K 30
Manik and Nandini were in love with each other ... they were inseparable. After so many difficulties and problems they had came together but sometime...
200K 17.3K 16
A Happy Couple A Happy Marriage But life goes brutal Really? Is it life or....?
257K 15.1K 28
Speaking of Arranged Marriage people often think it doesn't work! Tons questions obviously arise :- How can two strangers spend their rest of lives...
156K 7.8K 41
This is the story of our favorite couple Manan😘😘. Manik and Nandini gets their dream wedding. Their life was smoothly going but suddenly everythin...