Forbidden By Them

By Amare_Beth

Book One of the By Them Series. ~ "You're one of them," he breathed against my lips that made me shudder. I w... More

Intro
02: First Meeting
03: Plans
04: Second Meeting
05: The Date
06: The Ball
07: Aftermath
08: Found Out
09: The Flight
10: Suprise Attack
11: Alone Finally
12: Sorry
13: Are you Safe?
14: Enemies or Allies
15: Betrayed
16: One Step Towards the Future
17: What Now?
18: New Faces
19: Hurt
20: Blood on my hands
21: Moving on
22: Freedom
23: New Beginnings
Epilogue

01: Dreaming Again

195 2 0
By Amare_Beth

Dreams.

They are what I enjoy getting lost in.

Everyone had their own dreams that they wanted to get lost in, even my enemies. I could imagine they dreamed of killing us all so they had control in my country.

Every time my head hit my pillow, I fell into my dream world where I saw him. The time was we first met and the place where he left me. I didn't know which was worse. The day I met him and couldn't pull myself away from him or the day he walked away from me, from us.

The dreams were just memories. Memories that haunted my sleep of my wrongdoing. I hated it. I didn't want to be reminded of the bad things I had done by meeting him. I wanted to be reminded of the good times with him.

Dax.

The eldest son of the Moons. The Mafia in France.

He was a murderer. He killed to help his family achieve more worldwide. They had full control of France in the palm of their hands. They were in control of the government and wanted to push control to the UK.

Well,

That was what I was told.

After meeting Dax, he wasn't like the rumours I had heard. He was something else entirely. The way he looked at me was like I was so pure, he needed to protect that.

The look he gave me what he discovered I was his enemy showered all emotion I feared he would show me. I couldn't bear to see the betrayal in his eyes but it was there.

I didn't know what he had heard about me. I never even found out.

My dreams were fading away as was my sleep.

I soon found myself back into reality.

~

A banging on my door made me shot up from my bed. I blinked away sleep rapidly and turned towards my door.

"Bell! Wake up! Dad's home." My brother, William, banged on my door a few more times before walking away.

I groaned in protest before pushing my covers aside and walking towards my inbuilt bathroom. I didn't care if I took an hour to get ready. My family could wait.

An hour passed before I was strolling down the stairs and into the dining room. My brother's voices could be heard from outside the door.

"Good morning princess," Charles spoke to me. He was stood outside the dining room with his arms across his chest.

Charles had been a guard here for as long as I could remember. He must be nearing my father's age by now but I wasn't sure. His black hair was already starting to grey. It actually suited him very well.

"Morning Charles," he opened the door for me. "Thank you."

I soon found myself taking a seat next to my other brother, Liam, at the table.  His brown eyes soon looked at me with mischief in his eyes.

"Didn't get your beauty sleep did you sis?" he asked with a wicked grin.

"I was up all night working on your project," I said in a warning tone.

Liam's expression turned serious. "Did you find anything?"

William leaned forward on the table, his chin was resting on his palm. "Find anything on what?"

"Yes," I replied.

Before Liam could reply the door opened which revealed my father, Wayne. Everything about him meant business even his stride as moved to take a seat at the table. He was the leader of the Sirens after all.

"Morning children," his deep voice rung in my ears as he spoke before taking a seat at the head of the table. He rubbed his temple with his fingers before opening his eyes and giving us a soft smile.

"Morning," I gave him my usual smile. "How was the meeting?"

"Not great, darling." He dropped his hand to the table and looked straight at me. "I had almost managed to make a deal with the Swedish mafia but the moons turned up unannounced."

Moons.

"What happened?" Liam asked in a stern voice.

Liam was the second oldest. He acted immature around family but was always serious around the business. Williams was completely different. He was always serious around each conversation. I never saw a side of him that was happy.

"Two of the children of the moons had arrived and snatched the deal from us. They seemed very friendly with the Swedish and they stole it from us."

"Was there any blood?" William asked.

"No, there nearly was a fight but I held back. We didn't have the numbers."

"Who was there?" I asked raising my voice. I managed to make it not sound shaky.

"It was the children, Dax and Lawrence."

I bit down on my lip.

"What did they say?" Liam asked.

"They spoke in French a lot and told me the deal was theirs. After that, I walked away." He sighed. "Do not worry, I have another deal in my pocket with the Italians. They hate the moons."

That news didn't settle me at all. I just simply nodded in response.

I shouldn't be surprised that he would keep on attacking us with his family. I was neither sad nor angry. I was just accepting it. I had managed to keep the secret about us from my family but they would find out eventually.

"Isabella,"

I snapped my head towards my father who was looking at me.

"Have you picked your outfit for next week?"

"Yes, I have." I let a smirk rise on my lips. "I just need to get it later."

"Good," he gave me a soft smile. "Why don't you take your time then, your brothers and I need to talk about business."

I wasn't offended by his words. I hated the talk of business. It was always about how we could advance against the moons and I hated hearing about it.

I nodded and quickly left the dining room. As I shut the door I heard William started speaking about killing them off. I shook my head at the words and walked over to the back doors where the garden was.

My mother, Elizabeth, was sat down near the pool with one of the guards. She had a book in her hands and was reading quietly. Her eyes moved across each page carefully like she was focusing on every word.

Her head lifted towards me as I stepped outside.

"Hello sweetie," she smiled.

I quickly took a seat opposite her and gave her a smile. "I'm just about to go out for my dress, do you need anything?"

"Nothing, thank you." She dropped her eyes to the book she was reading. "Kyle here will sort the things we need for the ball next week."

I moved my eyes to Kyle who was stood behind her. He gave me a small nod as an answer.

"Fair enough, I should be back later or maybe tomorrow perhaps."

"That's fine sweetie, enjoy yourself."

I pecked her cheek before leaving the garden. I was already dressed to go out so I left our mansion. I swirled my car keys in my hand before gripping them in my palm.

My car beeped in response as I unlocked it with my keys. I ran my fingers along the black metal of my Audi. The engine roared to life as I switched the engine on.

I sped off towards my local town. I started to drive past my local town and head to Manchester. I needed to get away for a bit. I had sent for my dress to be picked up in Manchester but I wanted to walk around.

Time flew as I arrived and I quickly grabbed my dress and headed back to my car. I was about to throw my dress into my boot but thought better of it. I just ended up placing it carefully in the boot.

A noise prickled my ears after I shut the boot of my car.

I moved my eyes to my right and saw movement. It looked like a shadow behind some cars. I ducked down quickly as a gunshot rang out above me. I crawled around to the left of my car and pulled out my pistol.

I remained still as I heard someone walk towards me. I gripped my gun in my hand and took a breath. I didn't even know who was attacking me. The fear was buzzing in my body like a drum.

I took another deep breath and stood up. I saw the person coming towards me and I didn't recognise the face. He had his gun in his hands and he pulled the trigger on me.

I moved back down so I was crouched. A painful feeling gripped me in my arm. I saw blood running down my left arm. I clenched my teeth and bit down on my lip to stop myself from screaming out in pain.

I dropped my body so I was looking under the car. I pulled my trigger twice and hit the man in his right leg. His body fell after he groaned in pain. His eyes locked with mine and I pulled the trigger again. The bullet ripped through his forehead and his eyes stayed dead on me.

I let out a sigh of relief. I managed to stand up on shaky legs. I walked over to where his body lay. I pushed his body over so he was on his back. I saw a tattoo of the moon's sign on his neck.

I held my breath and took a step back.

How did they even know I was here?!

I heard voices ahead of me and they were getting closer. I moved from the body and towards the back of my car. I held my gun in my hand and gripped the handle. The voices stopped then started again.

"Merde," I heard a voice near the body. "Qu'est-il arrivé?"

I held my breath as I heard a man speak in French. I kept my body still as I waited.

"Eh bien, il n'a pas duré longtemps," another male voice replied. "Comment une taupe peut-elle mourir si vite?"

Without warning, I held footsteps coming closer to my car. I slowly moved my head to the right and saw a figure approach around the car. I stopped breathing as the figure stopped just next to me.

I lifted my head and saw Dax next to the car. His hands were resting in his trouser pockets. His blue eyes were dark as he looked over the car. They softened slightly. 

He stopped moving towards me and backed away towards the others.

I let out a breath in response but immediately regretted it as they turned towards the car again.

"Peut-être que le tueur est toujours là?"

I moved silently towards the side of the car and rested my body against it. I pressed my hand against my wounded shoulder that was still spilling blood. I bit down on my lip hard it almost bled.

I saw Dax turn back to the car and walk towards it again. His eyes were narrowed as they scanned over the car. They stopped at the place where I was sat and he walked towards it. His hand touched the boot. He kept moving until his face stopped at the place where I was sitting.

His lips formed a word and I could only know what that word was.

Isabella.

His eyes trailed down to where my hand was holding my shoulder. His eyes narrowed at the blood slipping through my fingers.

He looked away from me and towards the other men.

"C'est clair. Attends moi à l'entrée."

I waited until the others had walked away before Dax moved around and kneeled to where I was sitting. He lifted his hand towards my arm but I flinched.

"Isabella, please."

I could either accept help from him or die.

I would rather...

"No, your guard shot me."

"He wasn't my guard. He is not part of us. He was a mole working for the Swedish." His French accent sounded more English than normal.

"Why hurt me then?"

"He must have gone rogue and attempted to hurt you to send a message. I am not sure."

I pressed my head against my car. I pulled my hand from my bullet wound for him to see. His hand held my forearm as he looked closely.

"The bullet has only just sliced your skin. It'll heal like any other normal cut." His fingers grazed under the wound. I held my breath as his hand moved up until it cupped my cheek. I moved my face to lean into it. His blue eyes darkened to that almost black colour that I enjoyed seeing. It had been a while. "Amour," he let out a sigh. "I can't, you know I can't."

"I know but just once, please," I begged him. I didn't normally result in the begging but today was different.

"Pourquoi tu me fais ça?" his French words rung in my ears. I didn't understand French but I knew some words but not these.

His lips pressed against mine in a rough, hot kiss. His lips were soft as they moved against mine. He was still very possessive in his kisses and I still loved it.

My eyes closed as his lips moved against mine.

The next thing I felt was his breath against my lips. I opened my eyes and he was gone.

~

Translations :

"Merde," I heard a voice near the body. "Qu'est-il arrivé?"
(Shit," I heard a voice near the body. "What happened?")

"Eh bien, il n'a pas duré longtemps," another male voice replied. "Comment une taupe peut-elle mourir si vite?"
("Well, it did not last long," another male voice replied. "How can a mole die so fast?")

"Peut-être que le tueur est toujours là?"
("Maybe the killer is still here?")

"C'est clair. Attends moi à l'entrée."
("It's clear. Wait for me at the entrance.")

"Amour,"
("Love,")

"Pourquoi tu me fais ça?"
("Why are you doing this to me?")

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 42.5K 80
"And lo, the beast looked upon the face of beauty, and beauty stayed his hand. And from that day forward, he was as one dead." Carl Denham ***** As M...
41K 651 51
"Do you know what they call you?" The sound of his voice bounced into my ears, finger sliding into me. "Powerful. That's what they call you" Damn h...
272K 6.7K 23
"Hey," I said cautiously, scared to make the first move. Thankfully, I didn't have to make it. Luca stepped forward and took me by the waist, pulling...
50.2K 1.8K 32
He once told me no one knows the real him.I didn't think he meant it, and not in a good way. He is a straight A student, and everyone knows it, not t...