GAMES BY DIM LIGHT || Mature...

By MireyaZachani

Sixteen years ago, Melanie was supposed to be crashing a party on her birthday with her friend. It was a week... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24.
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
Author's Note
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
Author's Note
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
Note Of Thanks

CHAPTER 6

342 53 10
By MireyaZachani

Melanie's POV

I kept moving to the beat of the song and it ran through my spine and I  couldn't control it. I felt him dancing behind me and thankfully enough, he wasn't gluing himself to my body like other guys were doing.

I never knew i could be this free, especially now. I danced with Jamal and i felt nothing. Maybe this was a stepping stone for me.

The song had changed and now it was Kiss Daniel's Madu playing by the DJ.

I couldn't control myself anymore and I had to just let it out.

Then I felt eyes on my body and it was definitely not Jamal's eyes on me. It was a stranger looking at my body. I turned to look at Jamal and he was grinning at me.
I felt sweaty all over and I was panting hard. I looked around for Lala and she was, as usual, nowhere to be found.

Great. Just great.

"Tired already?"
He whispered to me and I had to just smile. When was I ever tired of dancing. It was just one passion I had that I could never stop.

"Thirsty."
I said and nodded to confirm my thirst. He laughed and we walked over to the counter. The bartender looked at Jamal and I was quick to place my order.
"I will have Smirnoff please."
I said. Apparently, I had danced off the other alcohol from my system and now I needed something more than what I took earlier. Smirnoff was an amateur  drink but I knew better than to get myself so drunk tonight.

"Really? Are you scared of getting high?" Jamal said, grinning.

I laughed. Yeah, sort of. "Nope. Just being careful."

He nodded. I couldn't ignore the fact that someone was watching me. I just had to find myself looking behind me and around the large filled room.

Nothing. But then I still felt eyes on me. See, I knew when someone was watching me and my feelings never lie.

I looked around again and there I saw him.

Him.

Standing at the balcony, staring down at me.

Derrick.

I couldn't tear my gaze off him and he really wasn't ready to look away anytime soon.

Jamal followed my stare and looked at his brother.
"Hey, I'll be right back, okay?"
He said and before I could process what he said, he was already gone. But I'm sore he said he will be right back. I kept looking at Derrick. The guy had that creepy stare that could tear you apart. The kind that could make you sweat under an air conditioner.

God made you on his public holiday.

Derrick's POV

I couldn't tear my gaze away from her. I find myself thinking about how to meet her again and talk to her after that introduction earlier.

She's just too beautiful and fascinating to me. I have never seen any lady so beautiful and charming yet so fucking Innocent. Like she had a secret and at the same time, couldn't hurt a fly.

I had never been drawn to innocent looking girls before. I always loved my girls crazy and very experienced. And beautiful too. Just like Nikki, the girls sitting beside me now, telling only God knows what.

But I didn't say I liked annoying ladies. And Nikki just was an epitome of annoyance. She was supposed to be a one night stand. But the lady didn't know the difference between a one night thing and a life time thing. Everyone knows I don't do life time things. I can't be in a commitment. Its just not how I roll.

That's when I stood up to the balcony and there she was, dancing to the rhythm of Zanku. With Jamal.

I balled my hands into fists. I told him to get a discussion with her, damn it! And he was already dancing with her! That's one thing about Jamal. He is very quiet and observant and sometimes he thinks he is the boss of everyone.

I am.

It has always been that way even since we went abroad to live with our mother. Even after we came back to reside in Nigeria and run our father's company.

I followed his hands and saw how they ran along her body like he was molding her! And she seemed to enjoy it. She was quiet the dancer anyway. I wondered what it would feel like to have her curvy ass dancing against my shaft and rubbing around me....

I cursed beneath my breath and sighed. Nikki had actually followed my to the balcony.

Seriously?

The song changed in no time and she swiftly moved to the beat until she turned around like she was searching for someone.

Probably her friend who seemed like the kind of girl I would easy sweep off her feet and off to my bed in less than thirty minutes. But she's not the one I want. Its this one. This doe eyed innocent beauty.

Melanie.

Soon they weren't dancing anymore and she had seen me. I deliberately held our gaze, trying to see her eyes in the dim lit room. It was impossible. All of a sudden, I wanted to see them at a close distance.

Fuck! No one has affected me like she is doing now!

"Are you even listening to me?"
Nikki said and I sighed and looked at her.

"What were you saying?"
I asked. I really needed her far away from me right now.

Its is boring enough that even the unwanted would love to get my attention.

"You are fantasizing about her?"
Nikki said it like it was the most ridiculous thing ever.
It wasn't ridiculous. It was simply very annoying!
"She is far from your league, Alpha. She doesn't look like the kind who would want to be used."

"Used? Oh, like you?"
I fired at her and she glared at me. If looks could kill, I would be a dead man.
Any thing to get her out of my sight.

"Everything okay?"
It was Jamal who spoke.

"Bastard."
She said between her teeth as she looked at me.

I simply shrugged. "The pleasure is all mine, Nikki." I turned to Jamal. "Take her home, will you?"
Jamal looked from me to Nikki who was already leaving.

My brother shrugged and followed her.

I turned to look at Melanie and a guy was already talking to her. It wasn't Mayor because the jerk face was over the back getting some from a random bitch. And Kendrick. I shook my head. Kendrick was probably getting to know Melanie's friend. Did she say her name is Lara or something?

I watched the guy smile and I had time to study Melanie. She was definitely not comfortable with his she was constantly looking around the club as if desperately looking for someone.

Warning bells rang in my head as he held her hands and she pulled back.

You've got to be kidding me. I didn't wait. I went down and walked towards them.

Melanie's POV

Jamal left and I was left to myself again. Bit I won't say I didn't have a good time, dancing. It was like ten years ago again.

Uh-Uh. Don't say ten years ago.
I reminded myself and sipped from my drink.

I know, its Smirnoff Ice. Very difficult to get drunk with that but I can take my chances, thank you very much.

I turned to look at Derrick again. I know. Stupid as it sounds I really don't know why I turned to look at him again. But he wasn't looking at me this time. He was talking to a lady standing beside him as Jamal walked up to them.

"This is something I love to see every day." A voice said to me and I turned.

Oh-kay. He looks very unfamiliar to me and I have no idea if I know him at all.

"What is?"
I asked and he leaned against the counter, and smiled.

"You. I have the privilege of seeing such beauty. I think I'm going to die. I just saw an angel."

I snorted. Part of me wanted to laugh. And it was so strong I couldn't help it. I burst in laughter.
People still use the parable even in this 21st century?
Haba

He was obviously proud of himself for such a hideous comment.

"Nice try but it is too dry. I'm suddenly in need of more Smirnoff."
I said and he laughed.

"You're funny. I like that."

I rolled my eyes. Urg! Where the hell is Lala when you need her?!

I needed to go home now. With how he was grinning at me, warning bells told me I have overstayed my welcome here and I picked my purse to leave. He held my hand.

"Hey, chilax, babe. Where are you going nao?"

"So, the correct Nigerian language was there all along and you were  trying to use phonetics? Do I look like a character in Romeo and Juliet?"
I hissed and was about leaving when he held me again.

"Listen, I like you. Is that too much for you to notice?"

"Let me go."
His grip was hard and I was suddenly feeling scared. He smelled of alcohol.
God! Why didn't o perceive this smell at first?!
I pulled away from him but he held on tight and laughed.

"Why are you acting like a little girl?"

"Because you are acting like a pervert, now get your hands off me."

He laughed again. "Not so fast, Sweet."

"You heard her, Odama. Should I get you in your place  where the alcohol will leave your senses?"

A voice said and we both looked to find Derrick.

Great. A saviour. Just when I needed one.

I made a mental note to kill Lala when I see her next week. Or AJ. Whoever gets to me first.

The guy released me and raised his hands in mock surrender and laughed again.

Hmm! Clearly drunk.

"Easy, there Alpha. Didn't know she's yours. She didn't act like it."
He said and shrugged.

Derrick looked at me. "Are you okay?"

I nodded like a fool and he turned to the guy he called Odama.
"Don't you need to be at the back throwing up or something? Find something to busy yourself with rather than scaring innocent ladies that are clearly out of your league."
Derrick said and I could clearly see the anger flash in Odama's eyes before it was replaced by a smile.

Creepy.

"Okay, Alpha. Whatever you say. She's a beauty. Nice to see you, Sweet."
He winked and walked away.

I turned to Derrick. He was watching me.
"You should know better than to flirt with a guy who is drunk and horny in a club as big and dangerous as this."
He said.

"I wasn't flirting with him. I don't even know that guy."
I defended myself.

He chuckled. "Baby, eighty percent of the people who come here hardly know each other. But you meet up and fuck. That's the rule."

I shook my head. "Thanks for helping me. I have to go."
I made to leave and he held me back.

"At this hour? Have you been listening to anything I'm saying?"

"Clearly. But I need to leave. I don't stay in a club this long."

Derrick nodded, biting his lower lip. He was thinking.
"Okay, I'll drop you at your house."
He said and shrugged.

Warning! Warning! Warning!

I shook my head and turned to look around for Lala or AJ. This is why I don't come to clubs anymore. Your friends suddenly aren't your friends anymore.
"Thanks but no thanks. I can get a cab."

"At this hour. Come on, I don't bite. I will drop you off at your house. You can't get a safe ride home at this hour if you insist on getting a taxi home."
He said and although he had a point, but....Oh, fuck it.

"Alright. Thanks."
I said again.

He looked around, told me to wait a bit, he walked into the crowd and was nowhere in sight for five minutes. He returned and said for us to leave.
I stood up and walked towards the exit, trying to get in between crowd of people sweating like a disappointed goat. But I felt warm hands snake around my waist and u was crushed against the chest of Derrick as he led us out of the club into the cool of the night.

"Wait here. I'll get my car."
He said and I nodded. While he was getting his car, I took the time to send Lala a brief text.

Hey Best friend.
Left already. Don't look for me and keep having fun. I will keep in mind to kill you the next time I see you.
I'm have a ride already.
Bye, M.

I sent the text, omitting the part where Derrick is my ride. If I did that, she was sure to call me on our way home to ask the most embarrassing question ever and I f you ask me, I have no idea.

As soon as the message was tagged as sent, my phone went dead.

Great. Just awesome.

I rolled my eyes and thankfully, I was going home.

I was fascinated by a black Audi riding to stop next to me and Derrick stepped out to open the other side.

Okay, how rich were these guys? I thought as I stepped into it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 66 13
Rui's bachelor party was in full swing but his mind was elsewhere, thinking of his impending marriage. When his friends surprised him with a girl fro...
95.5K 3.4K 21
Anna is a perfect 18 years old girl with perfect grades. She is popular in school and has many friends. She's beautiful and feisty. She lives in an a...
5.3K 300 39
๐™’๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก๐™™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™™๐™ค ๐™ž๐™› ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™›๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™– ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™– ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ ๐™š ๐™ช๐™ฅ ๐™›๐™š๐™š๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™—๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™–๐™ฎ๐™š๐™™ ๐™—๐™ฎ ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š...
94.9K 2.7K 34
We all know that starting the next stage of Education is hard, things like moving to a new area and being a freshmen in college. Well, that explains...