The Two Assassins

By 0Legendary0

When the Dark Knight falls, it's up to a former Talon, and young assassin, to save Gotham, and what hope is l... More

Beginnings | 1
Bonding | 2
Robin | 3
Being A Hero | 4
Hunting | 5
Fallen | 6
Glass | 7
Cracks | 8
Ticking | 9
Shattered | 10
The Story | 11
Healing | 12
The New Night | 13
Set Back | 14
Laughter | 15
Defense | 17
New Beginnings | 18
Cold Blood | 19
Son | 20
Damian's Epilogue
Tim's Epilogue
Jason's Epilogue
Dick Epilogue
Ending Or Beginning?

Dawn Of The Bat | 16

567 37 8
By 0Legendary0

Bat cave - 12:21 AM

"Jason, your on west Gotham. Tim, your on east." Dick ordered. "Close in the area, stitch up the line, and meet in the middle. If you run into elite villains, comm in." He finished up, pulling the cowl over his head.

Robin stood by his side. "What about me?" He asked. Batman looked down to him. "Your with me. We're heading to the League HQ. Should be fun." He added the last part with a smirk.

He walked over to the Zeta beams, Robin following. "The cackle! Don't forget the laugh!" Jason yelled. Dick didn't respond, as the Zeta beams already began teleporting them.

Batman B-0-1

Robin B-0-34

______________________________________________________________________________________
Justice League Space Station - 12:23 AM

Batman B-0-1

Robin B-0-34

The light faded, and the two partners were already moving toward the meeting room, in sync by reading each other's movements. Batman pushed the doors open, and the two partners were greeted by the sight of the league founders sitting at their rightful places, waiting.

"Greetings, Batman." Martion Man Hunter nodded. "Please, take a seat, and we will begin our discussion." He gestured to the seat at the front of the table. Batman wordlessly sat down with perfect posture, and folded his arms, resting them on the table.

Superman spoke up next. "You have stated that you want to join the league, but we've offered you the chance many, many times when you were Nightwing. What changed?" He asked.

Batman began to talk, his golden lenses glowing. "Taking up the mantle of the Batman comes with everything it stood for. I am to defend Gotham, uphold the family, keep Wayne Enterprise's, and more. I feel it is my duty to assist the league as he did. Plus, you have noe lost a supreme hacker, navigator, detective, and shall I go on? The point is, I can fill those spots in."

Everyone at the table looked at each other, silence speaking loud, until Flash broke it. "Isn't that alot? I mean... are you sure you can do it, Dick? I don't doubt your abilities for a second, but it could be alot easier..."

The second Batman narrowed his yellow lenses at the speedster. "When is it ever easy? If you do not doubt my abilities, then trust them." He said evenly.

There was a few more glances, then wonder woman leaned onto the table. "We do trust you, and your skills, Richard. However, the amount of responsibilities that have been dropped on you in concerning." She explained.

"Yes." Man Hunter agreed calmly. "Think reasonably here. You are now the Batman, with a city far worse then any others, which you are use to. The difference is, you are now responsible for your brothers, you run W.E., and as Dick Grayson, you have two teens and a child under your custody." He reasoned.

"He's right. Children can be as hard as a kingdom." Aquaman chuckled.

Batman seemed to contemplate these statements, his head slightly tilting, which was a Nightwing thing to do. Before he could respond, Robin countered the argument.

"You speak as though he is alone. The truth is, he is not." The boy spoke confidently. "The company can run without him, it is no true burden, Green Arrow can agree to that. As for the other imbeciles, while they are stupid, they are skilled. Richard will also take fine care of us, and in turn, we will watch him as well. Is that not what a... family does?" He informed. The last part was unsure almost.

"Further more, I am no child. I could disarm each of you easily." He growled.

The room was quiet. Leaguers gazed at the young vigilante, all of them lost in thought. Green Arrow and flash glanced at each other, murmuring. They stopped, and Ollie spoke.

"I have to agree. It isn't hard to run a company, when you can simply pay people to do it for you. It's only hard when your a scientist," he gestured to Barry. "But your not in that department much." He stated.

Batman nodded. "Yes." He faintly smirked. "My partner has made rather good points."

"Yes, he has given us something to think about." Man Hunter said thoughtfully.

Green lantern, Hal Jordan, spoke up. "Are you trying to fill Bruce's spot, or earn your own? I'm curious." The second Batman responded easily. "I wish to fill in the areas that our lacking now that he is gone..." He paused. "Earning my own rank is what's fair."

Hal nodded, and leaned back in his seat.

"I believe we need to reach a conclusion, soon now." The Martian informed the other hero's. Diana nodded. "John's right." She turned to look at the two bats. "Is there any other statment you wish to make known?"

Robin stayed silent, as did his partner.

She smirked, and nodded. "Then please, step outside while we reach our decision."

Batman stood up, and turned sharply, his cape lightly 'fwoosh'ing. Robin followed him, his own cape swinging lightly at the turn. The doors closed behind them, and the league founders were left to make a choice.

"I have faith in him. He will do good in his new role as the Bat. He could very possibly be better." John started.

"Faith cannot be the only factor here, my friend." The Atlantian king stated. "He is but a boy himself. You were there, as was us all, when Bruce first brought him to meet us."

"Aquaman, while that is true, Dick was but a broke boy, and never has fully healed, I believe this will work. I too, have faith." Wonder Woman spoke.

"That's good and all-" Green lantern interjected. "Let's talk facts, and not beliefs." He said.

"Hal's right, for once." Superman said with a smile at the glaring lantern, before turning somber. "This could be alot of pressure. He's a bat, yes, but even Bruce got tired." He told.

"Talk facts? I'll lay one down." Wonder Woman spoke boldly. "We need to stop comparing him to Bruce. Richard is different. He handles things, but he handles things differently than Bruce."

"Diana's right." Flash pointed out. "Hey John? Did you sense anything off about Dick? Or Robin... kid gives me the creeps."

The Martian shook his head. "No... his thoughts and feelings were... better than normal, actually. He was brighter. I did sence insecurity, but he seemed to be strangely comforted." He supplied.

"Is anyone opposed to him joining?" Superman asked.

No one spoke up. At that, everyone seemed relieved.

Superman nodded. "I think he should take Bruce's spot... a leader. Dick was always a leader. Leading Young justice, talons, even his brothers. It's like instinct. He has a place among us, defiantly."

"Is anyone opposed to that idea?" Ollie asked. Again, no word was spoken.

Flash smiled. "We're ready then! John?" He looked over to the alien. Man Hunter nodded. "I have sent for them."

Barely a moment after that statment, the doors pushed open, and the dark knight and his partner once again stood there.

"We've made our decision." Diana said boldly, and nodded to Superman. Clark looked to the two Gothamites. "Your welcome to the league, Dick." He smiled.

"Your also welcome to take the place Bruce left open. That includes being one of six leaders. I know that seems sudden, but it also seems right. We are all agreed." He explained. "You would also most likely handle the young justice team." He warned.

"Your answer, Dick?" Diana asked softly.

Silence lingered, seeming thick and strong. Finally though, the glowing yellow lenses narrowed, and a smile bloomed on the Batman face. He took his cowl down.

"Agreed." He clearly said, before letting out his cackle.

The laugh startled every hero, as they had forgotten what it sounded like.

Flash started cheering, much like Jason had. Diana busted out in laughter, as did Hal, Ollie, and Aquaman. John chuckled calmly, but smiled brightly. Superman just beamed like the sun.

"WHOOO! THE LAUGH! YEAH! IT HAS RETURNED!  HAHA! YES!" Flash yelled, as Ollie cheered as well.

Batman smiled and signaled to his partner, before turning and leaving, and pulling up the cowl. Robin followed, smirking. Once the doors closed, the younger spoke up. "Dramatic." He simply said.

"I was a performer, remember? It is in my blood, among other things..." The black clad man responded. Robin only made a "Tt." In reply, before they zeta beamed home. The league's cheers fading.

Batman B-0-1

Robin B-0-34

~

I have gifted you with TWO chapters today! Not really gifts... I think it's cringe, but still my best work...

Also, special thanks to Another_chapter for all the awesome comments, and reactions.  It makes me laugh, and brightens my day.

With that, PEACE!!

~Legendary

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.9K 2.2K 16
Damian was happy and bright young man. Well that's what everyone thought at least.. But in reality he is a young boy struggling with depression. He w...
658K 12.6K 40
Dick, Jason, Tim and Damian falls in love with their soulmates. But how is it going to work when they find out they have the same soulmate. How is it...
Closer By Rain

Fanfiction

235K 7.2K 20
Bat Family book! Damian and Bruce have a big argument where Bruce kicks Damian out! With nowhere else to go, Damian turns to Jason. See how they bond...
9K 374 36
When the bat-family throws a surprise party for Jason Todd, they discover that something is wrong. A member of the Bat-family has been kidnapped! Wil...