Our Regrets Lies Upon The Sta...

By Little_Marshmallows

There are a lot of things that Sans regrets in his life, he fucks up all the time, everybody does. But he do... More

AUTHOR'S NOTES
Side Story| New Home, New Life And... Neighbor? [2/2]
2| Blazing Stars
3| Let Me See The Stars First
Side Story| New Home, New Life And... Neighbor? [1/2]
4| Hope inside the holder's eyes
5| A Flower's Guardian As So Love is...
6| A Rumor Between A Lust-filled Drink And Raspberries
Leo And Lavender (Old and New Ref. Sheets)
7| Purple Lilacs Have Shy Spirits
SideStory| My Sweet Melody
8| 'Black'mail
Alternate Ending| Purple Colors Are Berry Classical
SideStory| Sorrow
SideStory| That Time When It Wasn't So Bad
9| Wine For The Wedding
10| Skipping Through Exes And Whys
11| First To All The New
Side Story| I Loved You First
12| Don't Judge Me

1| When Flowers Meet

558 33 5
By Little_Marshmallows

Sometimes, Sans wondered how his life would've turned out like if he just simply followed the arrangement that he had made with Blue all those years ago. He can see himself still having his old job as a scientist, maybe get his own house somewhere close to it as he would just visit his kids during the weekends... or well in that way they would just be his niblings to him.

He definitely won't be a stay at home single dad – He can't tell why his son insist on calling him mom though. – One who is currently washing the dishes right now with no care in the world and humming a soft tune under their breath while their son was just on the kitchen table and drawing.

Sans put the plate in the dishwasher before simply getting a small towel from the side and wiping his hands with it. He looks to the side seeing the vase full of flowers that his neighbor had given him, speaking of which he definitely hadn't seen the other seeing they were in a business trip.

...

Flowers...

He wonders how the others are doing now.

Sans frowned before just sighing and shaking his head. Well it's no use to dwell in the past... even though if it is full of regrets.

"Mommy?"

A small little voice said, pulling him out of his thoughts before he looks down seeing Lavender tugging on his pants.

"Oh, hello there, Love..." He hums before blinking down and seeing a piece of paper in the smaller's other hand. "What do you got there kid?"

Lavender simply smiled up at him before holding up the paper and displaying it with happiness.

Sans looks down on it, eyes widening a little as he saw what was in it.

It was a badly drawn picture of three people, two of which he was sure was him and Lav seeing that the colors used were blue and purple, he glances at the third figure which was drawn with the colors of black and red.

"And who is that one?" He asked, maybe already knowing who exactly it is.

Lavender's smile just widened. "It's uncle—"

The soft ringing from the pocket of his phone cuts the other off as Sans fetch it from his pockets before seeing it was simply just an alarm he had set. He checked the time before looking back at Lavender.

"Go and get your bag from upstairs kid, it's almost time for you to go to your first day at kindergarten," He hums softly while Lavender simply nodded his head and gently put the paper in his hand before walking off.

Watching the other's back as the child walk off, he then turns back to the drawing in his hands before smiling softly.

It was gosh darn horrible but even then, to him, it was just perfect...

He may have regretted his past...

But he can never regret ever living at this very moment...

___

Lavender placed a soft kiss upon his cheek before Sans stood up from his kneeling position and just rub the other's head. They were just in front of the classroom doors to which leads to his son's class as Sans is simply saying dropping the other off.

"Well kiddo, are you ready to go in there?" He asked his son only for Lavender to puff his cheeks and look down on the ground with tears edging on the side of his eyes.

Sans rose a brow at the smaller's reaction before sighing and opening his mouth to say words of encouragement but before he can even do that, a voice cuts him off.

"Lavender, don't tell me you are afraid of something like this..."

Both quickly look over at the voice, seeing a familiar skeleton monster just by with a gentle smile upon their face.

Lavender's face brightened as the child quickly ran over to said skeleton and hugs their legs. "Uncle!"

The other softly laughs before kneeling down to reach the smaller's height and petting Lavender's head. "Are you afraid of this new environment child?"

Lavender meekly nodded his head and looks down on the ground with guilt etched onto his face.

"Good then."

Those words caught Sans off guard as he rose a brow at the skeleton that was kneeling down on the ground beside his son.

"Being afraid simply means you just have to be brave enough to conquer this fear of yours," The skeleton hums softly before kissing Lavender on their forehead. "Me and your mother raised you to brave, didn't we?"

Sans had to held back the urge to say something about that statement but he jus shuts his mouth seeing that it is... kind of true, he has to admit.

Lavender nodded his head before huffing and having a determined gleam in his eyes. "I am not afraid anymore uncle!"

"Good boy..." The other softly said before standing up and giving Lavender's head one last pet. "Now go in there and remember to just be brave alright?"

"I will!" Lavender says while puffing his cheeks before turning around and walking off to the classroom door, the child stops still for a moment as he then glances back at them and grinned.

"Bye Mom! Bye uncle!" The child happily said before pushing the doors open and walking inside.

...

"I thought you have a business trip..." Sans softly said before looking over at the taller. "Isn't that right Wine?"

Wine simply softly laughs before closing his eyes with a calm expression. "Do you seriously think I would missed Lavender's first day at kindergarten?"

Wine, his neighbor for 5 years now, the guy who may or may not have help him work with this parenting thing, who visits his house pretty much everyday and one of Sans good friends. Stars, the other was a classy son of a bitch.

"Eh," He shrugs his shoulders as he walks up to the other. "I mostly took you for a professional kind of guy in all honesty...."

"I am professional."

Sans snorted. "Wine, you just—"

"But sometimes I would put family over that...." The taller said while opening his eyes and looking down at him with a grin on his face.

Sans pause from what the other said, him feeling surprised before a grin makes its way up into his lips. "You big softie..." He coughs while saying so.

The taller visibly pause from what he said before stepping closer and taking ahold of his cheeks— and pinching it harshly.

"Ouch...." Sans mocks a hurt face as he puts his hands over the other's own and tried to take it off him, feeling a numbing pain from them.

"What did you just call me, Sans?"

"Nothing..." He snorts while rolling his eyes as Wine just hums softly and stopped pinching his cheeks, retracting his hands away from him.

"Never call me that ever again, okay?" The other said while smiling down at him darkly.

"Sheesh fine..." Sans shrugs his shoulders, before closing one of his eyes and looking at the taller with a shit eating grin "...Softie~" He mockingly said before quickly turning around and walking off as quickly as he can.

"You little—"

___

Lavender looks around the small little room, as he hugs himself in instinct. Noticing that the other kids were already talking to one another as he was left alone, made him feel...lonely and out of place.

He has never really had any friends before, for he had always preferred to stay at home than to go and play outside with the other kids in his neighborhood so he really doesn't know himself what he should do.

Feeling hopeless, Lavender turned his back to just go play by himself in one corner only for him to feel a tap on his shoulder making him stop still.

Lavender turns around to see who it is only for him to gasp in awe as he saw the purest and truest blue color. The holder of this beautiful blue eye smiled at him as a hand was offered to him.

"Mind if we play together?" The other cheerfully asked him with an earnest look in his eyes.

They were a skeleton monster much like himself, much smaller than him, reaching just to his shoulder while their other eye was covered with a white medical eye patch. Their other eye, that was not covered, was just beautiful to him, it was blue, but not as light as the sky, it wasn't as deep as the ocean either but just itself all alone, a shade that was of pure rarity.

Lavender looks down on the hand, blinking in confusion before glancing back up at the other as he points a hand at himself and dumbly asked. "M-me?"

The other nodded in response as Lavender felt a smile slowly makes its way upon his lips.

He took ahold of the smaller's hand and happily looks down on them.

"My name's Lavender."

The other simply smiled at him.

"Hello Lavender, my name is Mauve..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Why By ಥ_ಥ

Fanfiction

188K 7.4K 48
(Got ranked #607 in fanfiction) This is about the cherryberry ship. Red is just standing around one day whenever Blue randomly pops out nowhere in to...
31.9K 1K 15
Sans has been beat and tortured for most of his miserable life, almost exclusively by his younger brother, Papyrus. But, what happens when Sans is ri...
29.9K 824 21
"You are my sunshine..." "my only sunshine." "You make me happy when skies are grey..." "You'll never know dear how much I love you..." "Please don'...
59.4K 3.1K 43
The Gods live among themselves in a separate realm from the land of the mortals. Keeping the balance maintained was their only job, as the hierarchy...