Stuck in the Middle [Hikaru...

By starry-venus

**CURRENTLY UNDER REVISIONS, ORIGINALLY VERSION NOT SAVED Being one of the few 'commoners' at Ouran Highscho... More

beforehand
Chapter ♞ 1: I Don't Like Change
Chapter ♞ 2: Honey Tastes Like Betrayal (1)
Chapter ♞ 3: Honey Tastes Like Betrayal (2)
Chapter ♞ 4: I Know What Cheesecake Is!
Chapter ♞ 5: LoveSick Hikaru? (1)
Chapter ♞ 6: LoveSick Hikaru? (2)
Chapter ♞ 7: Science Project of Doom
Chapter ♞ 8: Mixed Feelings (1)
Chapter ♞ 9: Mixed Feelings (2)
Chapter ♞ 10: Mixed Feelings (3)
Chapter ♞ 11: Mixed Feelings (4)
Chapter ♞ 13: Host Club Problems (2)
Chapter ♞ 14: Host Club Problems (3)
Chapter ♞ 15: A Hostess?
Chapter ♞ 16: The Shopping Disaster (1)
Chapter ♞ 17: The Shopping Disaster (2)
Chapter ♞ 18: Love Can Suck My A-
Chapter ♞ 19: Tamaki Ruins Everything
Chapter ♞ 20: Sketchbooks & Movies (1)
Chapter ♞ 21: Sketchbooks & Movies (2)
Chapter ♞ 22: Sketchbooks & Movies (3)
Chapter ♞ 23: Sketchbooks & Movies (4)
Chapter ♞ 24: H, K, and N
Chapter ♞ 25: Science Mishap
Chapter ♞ 26: Tomorrow
Chapter ♞ 27: Failing At Life
Chapter ♞ 28: The Little Things
Chapter ♞ 29: Confess (1)
Chapter ♞ 30: Confess (2)
Chapter ♞ 31: Confess (3)
Chapter ♞ 32: Confess (4)
One-shot!
Chapter ♞ 33: Dates n' Fancy Tuna (1)
Chapter ♞ 34: Dates n' Fancy Tuna (2)
Chapter ♞ 35: Dates n' Fancy Tuna (3)
Chapter ♞ 36: Dates n' Fancy Tuna (4)
Chapter ♞ 37: Dates...?
Chapter ♞ 38: ...
Chapter ♞ 39: ...!
Chapter ♞ 40: Resign Time?! Think Twice
Chapter ♞ 41: Think... Thrice?!
One-shot! (Nao x Reader)
Chapter ♞ 41.5: This Ain't A Scene It's A Cult
Chapter ♞ 42: Face The Fire
Chapter ♞ 43: Snowy Photoshoots
Chapter ♞ 44: We've Got Chemistry
Chapter ♞ 45: God Bless America
Chapter ♞ 46: Cupid's Arrow Was Off (1)
Chapter ♞ 47: Cupid's Arrow Was Off (2)

Chapter ♞ 12: Host Club Problems (1)

88K 3.9K 6K
By starry-venus

"So Y/N did you like it?!" Hikaru asked excitedly as he broke apart from you.

"Like what... exactly?"

"My acting, of course!"

So when he just confessed to you, he was really just practicing for acting?

"I thought it was real!" You replied.

"Well that means it's good. I'm practicing for a play the school is doing in the spring. It's a love story... Maybe one day, the I love you will actually be for you, Y/N."

"What?"

"Nothing!" He smiled cheerfully.

"So you were joking about quitting? And about that confession..." A part of you was relieved, but a little upset that he'd joke about feelings...

"No I was really serious about quitting... I want to pursue acting or at least audition for some plays."

"Why?!"

Hikaru looked at you seriously, and his eyes were wide. Then he just smiled and began to walk away.

"You should really get that bump looked at!" He called out before he began to get ready for his new clients.

"Don't change the subject!"

He just smiled before talking to the new ladies.

You glanced over to see Kaoru looking down at the floor before going to join is brother.

You didn't know that you just made things worse, by doing nothing.

~

Later that when you were heading to your art class, you forgot your sketchbook that you were required to buy.

You had to run back to your locker and get it! The halls were clearing, and soon it was just you...

You had to take a short cut through one of the many courtyards, and there you found Kaoru...

With another girl.

You weren't ease dropping, but you didn't want him to see you...

So you hid behind a pillar and heard their conversation. You recognized the girl as one of his clients.

She was extremely pretty, and her face was blushing.

Kaoru looked at her, as if he could care less, and slung his backpack onto one of his shoulders.

"What?" He asked plainly.

Her face turned even brighter.

"S-sorry that you'll be late to class because of me... but I made you cookies!"

Kaoru looked away, before taking the small container and shoving it into his bag.

"Thanks."

He sounds so uninterested... You thought.

"I-I've been meaning to say this for awhile..."

"Spit it out, I have to go to my class."

"Right! Kaoru Hitachin... I'm confessing my feelings! I'm on love with you!"

Now you felt a little... upset?

This has nothing to do with me! Besides I'm sure he likes her to, she is really pretty and they go well together... I should just leave and act like I saw nothing-

"Is that all?"

Now the girl was close to tears.

"Look, I'll tell you what i I told every other girl this week. I like someone else."

"What?"

"Did I stutter?" He snapped.

"So you're rejecting...me?"

"I have to go to class-"

If you hadn't got distracted maybe they wouldn't have noticed you. The sketchbook accidentally fell out of your grasp and onto the pavement with a loud 'thud'.

Both pairs of eyes turned towards you.

"Um... uh-"

"I have to go!"

She didn't wait for either of you to respond before she ran off. She was even more embarrassed now.

Kaoru pursed his lips before completely turning to you and slinging his bag over his shoulder again.

He was a different guy when taken out of the host club....

"How much did you see?"

You didn't see how lying would do you any good.

"A lot..."

"How much is 'a lot'?" He began to walk towards you.

A soft breeze blew, and you noticed how empty the courtyard was.

It was only you two.

"All of it..." You sighed while biting your lip.

"Oh. Aren't you a bit curious to know who the girl that I like, is?"

He was smirking at you. You just looked away and tried to run past him, but Kaoru thought ahead.

When you tried to go ahead he tugged the back of your neck collar and you fell into him.

"Where were you going to go..." he leaned closer to you ear "Y/N?"

You could feel your face getting heated so you lunged forward and out of his grasp.

"I'm going to art class." You huffed while walking forward at a faster pace.

"What a coincidence-"

Kaoru caught up to you and slung his arm around your shoulder.

"-I'm going there as well."

"I thought you did theater art with Hikaru?" You asked a bit stunned.

"He's been too optimistic about acting lately and it's pissing me off. He just wants to impress some girls. So I transferred. Luckily I get to have class with you know!" He said with a cheeky smile.

"Right..."

"Does it bother you?"

"No it's just- don't you two do everything together?"

"Not anymore. Hikaru has had other things on his mind, and the fact that you two kissed isn't helping clear his head."

So he remembers that...

"Yeah... it didn't really mean anything... it was in the spur of the moment I guess..."

You noticed Kaoru smile a bit, but he tried to hide it.

"Okay."

There was an awkward silence until Kaoru broke it.

"Does it really bother you that Hikaru and I show brotherly love?"

"Uh not really... it is a bit weird but it's your lives..."

"Really? Because I was thinking of quitting it as well."

You didn't think it would be a big deal of either quit since you just saw the Host Club as any other extracurricular activity.

What you didn't know was that if they did quit for you, you'd be pissing off the whole population of females at Ouran.

~

(Was going to do an art classroom scene but didn't. Do you guys want one?)

"Kaoru, it's official. You are the most annoying person I've ever met!" Of course he didn't take you seriously.

"I don't understand why she was so upset. I just told the truth like she wanted me to. It's her fault not mine."

"She's the teacher! You don't call her fat and say she doesn't know 'what the hell she was teaching.'". You mocked him.

"Oops. I'm just always honest." He smirked.

"The worst part is that I got in trouble and now we both have after school detention! I didn't even do anything!"

"Well that's because I blamed half of it on you."

"What?!"

"Yep."

"Eh Y/N! And... Kaoru?" Hikaru was running towards you and his smile was fading.

"We're ya to going?" He asked, trying to sound casual.

"We're going to lunch." Kaoru answered for you both.

"Oh. Then I don't think you'd mind if I tagged along, huh?" Hikaru asked, while going to the other side of you.

"Actually, maybe Y/N does mind..." Kaoru responded.

They glared at each other over your head, since they were both taller than you.

"It's cool. Actually Hikaru did you finish our project...?"

"Oh crap! I didn't finish it!"

"What! Oh no!" You looked at him worried. You needed a good grade in that class...

"I'm joking! I just wanted to see your reaction."

"Not cool..." You murmured while gently hitting his shoulder.

What you didn't expect was for the lunch period to go as bad as it does.

A/N

How is ur face? ok.

:) going to update Numinous or Black and Blue Flames next, tonight. Anyone read those stories? Or The Better Demon?

Vote Goal: 30

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 6.1K 24
Enrolled in the all-prestigious Ouran High School, Fujioka Haruhi should be delighted. However, being in the Host Club was not something she had plan...
2M 57.9K 66
I'm haruhi's sister, Aika, I am one year older and ever since our mother died it had been hard, but haruhi and me have been trying, especially for ar...
2.9K 206 43
After following his friends halfway around the world, Hikaru Hitachiin is trying to find his purpose in a world where he feels out of place. He's in...
9.3K 234 20
[DISCONTINUED] A/N: Not y'all still reading this in 2022- New student? Check. Not-so-rich girl? Check. Hates wearing giant yellow dresses? Check. We...