System, are you messing with...

By CountOfDarkness

A shameless and sometimes even sadistic beauty. That's how the people would describe Shu Ning. He was very po... More

Prolog
Ark 1- Adapting to a new life
Ark 1- mission start
Ark 1 - Sheng Su
Ark 1- I love strawberry cake
Ark 1 - The Male Lead actually acts coldly towards the Female Lead?
Ark 1 - Life is full of more questions than answers
Ark 1 - Birthday
Ark 1 - What's with this secret - Can I rather not know?
Ark 1 - It's actually an innocent White Lotus?
Ark 1 - Beware of the snake
Ark 1 - Karma
Ark 1 - Can you handle the consequences?
#Bonus chapter - Original World#
Ark 2 - Choose: Die right here or follow me and I'll kill you myself.
Ark 2 - Boy-Girl???
Ark 2 - Blue Moon
Ark 2 - A soldiers roar is greater than a lions
Ark 2 - three hours is enough to finish this fight
Ark 2 - The Female Lead's ambition
Ark 2 - The Male Lead will always be charmed by the Protagonist
Ark 2 - Love creates idiots
Ark 2 - The Fun of Tormenting the Protagonist
Ark 2 - low IQ
Ark 2 - Stolen Glory
Ark 2 - If you want to have evidence, then catch him in the act.
Ark 2 - Finally imprisoned. Or not?
Ark 2 - Sheng Su's soul
Ark 2 - Treason
Ark 2 - downfall
Ark 2 - two down
Ark 2 - the truth
Ark 2 - Happy Ending. ....for some
#Bonus chapter - Wedding#
Ark 3 - Alpha?
Ark 3 - Let me out of here!
Ark 3 - the end???
Ark 3 - Escape
Ark 3 - Safe Base? Not with him.
Ark 3 - death is a constant companion.
Ark 3 - New aquintance
Ark 3 - trouble
Ark 3 - humanities hope
Ark 3 - New Mission
Ark 3 - of corse it ends in chaos
Ark 3 - The truth is sometimes hard to bear
Ark 3 - The lives of many outweigh the life of one

Ark 1 - Dad is bewiched

17.4K 788 314
By CountOfDarkness

Shu Ning arrived home just shortly after midnight after meeting Wang Bao. He did try hurrying home in the fastest speed possible, so by the time he opened the door to his room, he was already heavily panting.

Shu Ning: "I'm so exhausted. Finally I can go to sleep."

But before he was even able to close his eyes, the door was roughly pushed open.

"Coming home so late? What's wrong with you. Did you think I would just let your disobedience pass?"

Shu Ning rolled his eyes in his heart. Sheng Xi seemed to be back home to terrorize Shu Ning again.

"I... I'm sorry for coming home late, ma'am"

Shu Ning did his best looking guilty but he was feeling too tired to play with the woman. The boy just stood up to slam the door in the face of the wretch when his phone started ringing.

The noise brought Shu Ning back to his role as Meng Yi.

Shu Ning: 'That was really close. Almost broke my character.'

Sheng Xi looked at the phone displeased but still left in the end after telling the boy to just wait for it.

Shu Ning looked at the name displayed on the phone screen and couldn't help his lips from curling upwards.  

"Daddy."

"Little Yi. Do you miss me?"

"Yes. Daddy, when will you be back?"

The boys voice was slightly trembling while talking and when ever he called out Daddy he chocked on his emotions.

"Little Yi. Don't cry. I'll be back before you know it. But son. I heard that you got injured. Will you tell dad about it? I won't let anyone get away with hurting my little baby."

Shu Ning whimpered quietly at that question. His tears already stained his clothes and sheets while his trembling hands almost couldn't hold on to the phone anymore.

"Daddy... I-It's nothing. I... There isn't anything going on."

"You don't need to worry. Dad will hurry up and come home as soon as possible. If anything happens then don't hesitate to tell me. I'm always there for you."

"Daddy! I... I..."

Shu Ning sniffed a couple more times before wiping away his tears and humming in response. 

Sheng Rui continued talking about his work a bit longer before finally hanging up the phone. The boy put down the phone and sight.

Shu Ning: "Alpha. Watch my dad for a while."

System: "No problem, but what about the female lead?"

Shu Ning: "It's alright for now. I will take care of her after I'm done with that wretch."

The boy crawled back into bed again and covered his head with the blanket. But no matter how much he tried to get comfortable, he continued waking up through the whole rest of the night. By the time the sun shone through the window onto his face, his eyes had dark circles underneath and his rosy complexion turned slightly paler. 

Because there was no use staying in bed any longer, Shu Ning stood up and dressed before leaving the room. In the living room Sheng Xi was already sitting crossed legged at the breakfast table. With a stern expression she watched Shu Ning walk up to the table in slow steps and bowed head. Like that she couldn't make out the youths expression. 

"So you finally woke up? Be glad that there is still breakfast left for you. Hurry up and get done. We still have some business after all."

The table was filled with lots of egg based food like omelette, scrambled egg and so on. There was also some fried rice and salad. 

"Don't look at the food so lustful you bastard. Your food is on your plate. Don't dream of getting anything else."

The plate Sheng Xi pointed to was filled with two pieces of dry bred, a greasy sausage and a piece of butter. Shu Ning bowed his head further and covered his face with his hair so that the woman couldn't see his hatred and disgust in his eyes. After easing his expression again he asked Alpha to shoot a picture of the table and the people involved. 

With a slight smile on his face the boy started eating the food in front of him and conversed with his system to keep his thoughts away from the taste of the bread and sausage. 

Shu Ning: "This is so ridiculous. I really feel like murdering her every time I see her."

System: "Host. Please reconsider. It will be an immediate failure of the task if you directly kill someone."

Shu Ning: "Calm down. Killing her will be to lenient anyway. I have a different plan for her. But she is making it to easy for me. She is totally digging her own grave like this. By the way, Alpha. I will be busy here for a while, so take care of my Weibo account for me. Post the picture and write a sentence there as well."

On Weibo

[I love strawberry cake: "Finally something to eat. Sausages are still as tasty as I remember. Especially with your family there #image]

The picture Alpha took showed a youth at a table with a smiling expression while biting into a dark brown and watery looking sausage while in front of him where delicious looking dished. The other person at the table was a young and beautiful woman whose eyes never left the boys body. In general it could have been a beautiful family picture if you ignored the obvious displeasure on the womans face and the sadness in the child's eyes.

[Thunder god:  "Oh my gosh. Little brother posted a picture again. Soooo Cute!!"]

[Gluttony:  "Little baby is so adorable but what is that, that I'm seeing? How come little brother is eating that thing? What even is that supposed to be?"

[White riding hood: "I thought so too. There is so much good food on the table, so why is that child eating plain bread?"]

[Nightingale:  "That's not all I'm wondering. What is going on with the woman at the table. Is that supposed to be his mother? I hope not."

[Laozi Dazheng: "I think that really is his mother."]

[Your Night in shining armor: "Am I the only one who gets disgust at the way that woman looks at my little baby? And look at the childs eyes. They are sunken in and have deep rings."]

[Kitty_09: "You definitely aren't. I can see it too. This woman is so hatefully treating the child with such obvious contempt. Maybe she's the reason he looks so pale."]

[Vivi Victoria Voldemord: "Little baby should't stay in a family like that. The child needs a loving home and caring parents. Not that. Little baby, why not come with me? I will take really good care of you."]

[Can't think of any name: "same here."]

[Jojo the mole: "Me too."]  

-------------------------

Shu Ning stood up from his place at the table and trembled from head to toe. He didn't dare open his mouth or move around while he was looking at Sheng Xi warily. 

Shu Ning: "Alpha. You know what to do."

The system trembled slightly as well as he watched the woman slowly stand up and make her way to the boy. 

System: "Host! Host!"

Shu Ning ignored the anxious System and instead concentrated on every movement of Sheng Xi. When she lifted her arm, he was already prepared for the stinging pain from his face. 

Tears gathered in the boys eyes when the 'pa' sound of the slap echoed in the room. With trembling lips and watery eyes Shu Ning looked up to the woman while holding his red cheek.

"Ma'am. P-Please forgive. Please. Please don't hit me anymore. It-It hurts so much."

Instead of listening to the please of the youth the woman grew angrier and directly kicked the abdomen of the child. With a painful scream the boy fell on the floor and curled up in to a ball. Light sobs could be heard in the otherwise quiet house and the continuous whimper of the child while Sheng Xi stepped on his legs.

Shu Ning knew that no one would save him and that he was all alone. There was no one he could rely on. Just when he wanted to close his eyes and give up struggling the door of the living room flew open with a loud bang. Startled, Sheng Xi jumped backwards, tripped over her own feet and landed on her behind. 

Shu Ning was facing the door with his back but he could tell that the man had a strong and big figure and intense eyes. 

"S-Son? What...?"

"Mother."

Sheng Su glared at the wretch sitting on the floor. His hands were clenched in to fists at his side and his eyes were bubbling with suppressed murderous intent. 

Shu Ning turned his head so that he could see the expression of his brother. He was really surprised when the door was forcefully pushed open and even more surprised by Sheng Su's hate filled aura.

ShuNing: "What is going on? How come the male lead looks somehow wrong? He shouldn't actually care about me enough to stop his mothers bullying."

Sheng Xi was already scared witless because of the fierce light in her sons eyes so all she could do was cower and make her self as small as possible. Sheng Su just frowned at her and then crouched down next to Shu Ning. 

He looked the youth once over and then directly picked him up and carried him away. Sheng Su was very careful in the process and every time Shu Ning moaned in pain, the man slightly adjusted their posture. With fast steps they walked up the stairs to the second level and to the room of the big brother. There Sheng Su placed the child on his bed a kneeled down in front of him. Shu Ning was very confused by those actions. 

"Take of your clothes."

Shu Ning flinched from the low and monotonous voice. The boy gulped and started undressing his clothes while being watched by a pair of blue eyes. 

Sheng Su inhaled sharply after the youth took of his T-Shirt and pants. Through the pale white color of the child's skin, you could see the blue and red spots all over the body even clearly. They covered the entire torso and stomach of the child and his legs were scratched at multiple places as well. 

The boy's face had a hand print on both of his cheeks, dark and deep eye sockets and a pale complexion coupled with the tear stains on his face he was in a sorry state.

"Big Brother?"

Shu Ning called out to the man in front of him with a soft and unstable voice. Sheng Su's expression turned grim and his nails burrowed deep in to the palm of his hands. 

"I will take care of your injuries now." 

True to his words the man cleaned his wounds and put ointment on his bruises and plasters on his scratches. A cool washcloth was caressing the boy's cheek and wiped over his eyes as well. 

Shu Ning comfortably closed his eyes and let his big brother work on his injuries. It was a very wonderful feeling to have someone care for you. 

At some point the washcloth stopped moving and Shu Ning opened his eyes to see what was wrong. As soon as the boy looked towards his brother the man turned his head away to hide his grave expression but Shu Ning still saw his complexion turn from sad to stern to murderous. 

Shu Ning watched his brother for a bit but then rubbed his eyes and barely suppressed his yawns. The youth's eyes were growing heavier by the minute and his body swayed slightly but he forced himself to stay standing.

"Are you tired? Ly down here you don't need to worry about anything happening here. That woman won't dare to enter my room without my permission. So go ahead and get some rest."

"I-I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm alright. It's nothing."

Sheng Su helplessly watched the boy act strong and dragged him to the bed. Shu Ning fell on the soft mattress and moaned in bliss from the feeling of the warm and comfortable bed. 

Shortly afterwards the youth couldn't help but crawl deeper under the blanket and close his heavy eyes. After the youth's breathing settled, Sheng Su left the room to have a talk with his mother.

The door to the room closed with a quiet click and the boy who was supposed to be sleeping, opened his eyes again and stretched his limps across the bed.  

Shu Ning: "Alpha. This is bliss. So comfortable. I missed this feeling so much."

Shu Ning rolled across the bed a couple of times and then slipped entirely under the blanket and giggled foolishly. 

Shu Ning: "I want a bed like this as well. Maybe Big Brother will share it with me more often. But first things first. Alpha. What is going on with my father? Did he see the picture and comments?"

System: "Wang Bao saw everything and send a link to Sheng Rui. I will let you see and hear everything I saw and heard." 

Shu Ning felt slightly dizzy for a moment and as soon as his brain cleared up again he was standing inside of a white room with a white sofa in the middle and lots of book cases outlining the wall. Sheng Rui was sitting at a desk at the wall in front of his Laptop. 

Shu Ning walked behind the back of his father and looked over his shoulder. The man was looking at the Weibo post Alpha had posted for him and frowning deeper the more comments he read. After reading through everything one by one he slammed his laptop close and grabbed his phone on the table.

"wang Bao! What's all this? Explain."

"It's exactly what you can see. I did tell you about the injuries that I saw on little Yi. From what I can see from this picture your Wife was hiding herself quite well."

"SHUT UP! What are you saying. All those comments are bullshit. My Wife is a gentle and caring woman. All I can see in this picture is a wonderful and beautiful woman caring for my son. She is watching him so closely because she is constantly worrying for him. She is a real Angel.

"... Boss. I'm not the only one who can feel Sheng Xi's malicious intent through the screen. You can't say that I'm wrong. You must be blind not to see that."

"You just don't know better. I know my Wife the best and I can tell that she has good intention for my youngest son. I talked with her about my son already so often and she always paid close attention towards his well being. I don't know why those people say such slandering words but I will put an end towards it. Wang Bo. Find out who is behind this and what he is after."

"You think it was man made that so many people turned on your wife?"

"Of course it is. It is obvious. All those people online were paid to slander my Wife. That guy actually dared attack my family to get close to me. If it's war he wants, than it's a war he gets. Wang Bao. Find the culprit and then report back to me."

Sheng Rui hung up directly after giving his orders and sat back on his chair at the desk. In a furious manner the man read through the post again and taped out a comment himself.

'Stop slandering an innocent Woman without knowing anything for certain. There is definitely a different explanation for this.' 

Shu Ning: "This guy can't be serious. He isn't even questioning his Wife at all. What exactly did that Wretch do, to wrap Sheng Rui so tightly around her finger?"

System: "Your plan isn't working. Sheng Rui hasn't reacted at all?"

Shu Ning: "Don't be so anxious. I have my ways. I just have to show his enough evidence, so that he can't get away from the truth. I have been preparing for this as well after all."

Shu Ning had a playful smile on his face and a glimmer of viciousness in his eyes. Alpha shook while he watched Shu Ning's expression turn normal again. 

Shu Ning: "Let's return again. I'm finished here."

System: "Yes, Boss."

The whole room plunged into darkness and Shu Ning started to feel dizzy again. This time it wasn't so bad anymore though, so as soon as his consciousness returned towards Meng Yi's body, he could clearly hear the screaming from Sheng Xi and the shattering of glass from downstairs.

--------

A/N:

Author here. Maybe you already noticed that I don't like writing Notes, so I will keep it short.

I just wanted to say, that I really love reading any kind of comment to my book, so if you have the time, please comment as much as you like, no matter what you want to say, I read it all.

😊 Thanks for reading my Story and all your likes and comments 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

320K 17.9K 116
"You are too overpowered. Your existence poses a great threat to my son and daughter of fate. I had no other choice but to kill you." This was the v...
199K 11.6K 67
1. A Straight guy in Otome BL game He died and reincarnated into another world. As a small villain. His job is to torture the protagonist. I refuse...
126K 4.8K 49
Liu Xu Yuan, having died from an unknown death, found himself bound to a system. Thus he starts the journey of going through various worlds to compl...
387K 16.3K 39
||A/N: Will update from time to time. . . ( High chance of being discontinued.) || Credit to original artist- I've only made a pastel edit with it...