SCREAMS & HEARTS, jace herond...

By heavcnlyrising

storm in her eyes, peace in her smile. jace herondale x fem!oc shadow... More

SCREAMS & HEARTS
act one ─── second world!
𝐢. mundane moment
𝐢𝐢. shadow world
𝐢𝐢𝐢. destined for hell
𝐢𝐯. city of bones
𝐯. in your blood
𝐯𝐢. deep trust
𝐯𝐢𝐢. retrieving faded memories
𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. a loss for good
𝐢𝐱. who we are
𝐱. fight for you
𝐱𝐢. dark truth
𝐱𝐢𝐢. the mortal cup
𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. finding what needs to be
𝐱𝐢𝐯. rightful premonition
𝐱𝐯. conspiracies
𝐱𝐯𝐢. army against the clave
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. the third world
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. a meet unexpected
𝐱𝐢𝐱. the unfortunate hard truth
𝐱𝐱. ugliness of disbelief
𝐱𝐱𝐢. hiding for good
𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. a mole close to home
𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. war in approach
act two ─── death comes knocking!
𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐯. rise up
𝐱𝐱𝐯. run to escape
𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. strength of parabatais
𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. pointed blame
𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. lost heart
𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. choosing our battles
𝐱𝐱𝐱. angel caused thunder
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢. wickedness of morgensterns
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. time running out
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. taken
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. angelic blood
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯. greater demon
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. idea of losing you
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. fear is an emotion
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. the haunting seelie court
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. rekindling with those distant
𝐱𝐥. the depths of the mortal mirror
𝐱𝐥𝐢. the long lost brother
𝐱𝐥𝐢𝐢. amongst the people
𝐱𝐥𝐢𝐢𝐢. hail and farewell
act three ─── last breath!
𝐱𝐥𝐢𝐯. everything comes with a price
𝐱𝐥𝐯. risen from the dead
𝐱𝐥𝐯𝐢. dead to the living
𝐱𝐥𝐯𝐢𝐢. the presence of the dead
𝐱𝐥𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. vows made
𝐱𝐥𝐢𝐱. the monster deep down
𝐥. the fault of the mark
𝐥𝐢. broken bond
𝐥𝐢𝐢. monsters are free on halloween
𝐥𝐢𝐯. true her resurfacing
𝐥𝐯. descent to hell
𝐥𝐯𝐢. just one more breath

𝐥𝐢𝐢𝐢. monster in her

2.5K 81 7
By heavcnlyrising

chapter fifty-three. . .
monster in her

    JONATHAN KNEW THAT it was due time for when either Malia or Clay had joined him and Malia had been the one who had fallen into the darkness of the rune. She stood by the side of her brother. Malia was no longer forced to be sitting in his company, but she had chosen willingly to sit in his company within Lilith's apartment that hung around New York before their next move was due. Jonathan was hoping to achieve the chance of getting to the Morning Star swords, and he knew with Malia on his side, they were going to be stronger. It lead to his delight and caused celebration where two champagne glasses had been filled for them to drink.

Malia grinned at the sight of the glass being filled while fiddling with the curled end of her lock of hair between her fingers. Her friends would say that darkness looked bad on her but Jonathan yet complimented the change in style she wore. Dark clothing had fitted her personality much better and she looked like she was prepared to be up to mischief. "Champagne?" Malia had questioned why her brother had poured out celebratory drinks. What was there that they both needed to celebrate? "What's the special occasion?"

"You saved me, Malia." Jonathan replied. He believed it was something worth celebrating.

Malia had taken the drink from his grasp and yet smiled, feeling good being a hero even during her darkest turns. "You'd do the same for me." She knew.

"I would die for you." Malia wasn't expecting Jonathan to reply to her like that. He was someone fighting for her, someone who carried the same blood as her. All she could do was smile at the thought of it all. Jonathan was always going to be there for her even when she probably didn't want him to be. "I've spent so long dreaming of the day we'd finally be together. I wish Clary would join us but she chose her side. At least we know who the real sister is." He raised up his glass causing Malia to mimic the action. "To us."

"To us." Malia cheered. As much as she wanted to be happy in the moment with her brother she worried for what was to come. Before she had parted from the Institute, she knew that then she wanted to have the bond between her brother broken, now she didn't want to be apart from him whatsoever.

Jonathan had thought that there'd be a smile on Malia's face but he had noticed the worry that spread. "Something's troubling you." He realised which led him to a concern of what thoughts swirled in the teen's brain.

"It's just..." Malia fiddled with the spine of the glass. "Isabelle and the others are working on a strong serum. To break us apart."

"Ah..." Jonathan rested his glass onto the table, he doubted if it was going to be capable knowing how strong Lilith's rune had been. "of course they are."

Malia's brows knitted together in confusion as she had thought her brother would worry just the same as her. "That doesn't concern you?" She questioned.

"No one can hurt us if we get to the Morning Star first." Jonathan told and which led to Malia letting out a sigh, figuring it was to be a relief but yet she didn't feel relieved. "And once we have those swords, the entire world will be terrified of us. And they will finally leave in peace." Malia chuckled softly before taking another sip of her champagne before slamming it down on the table causing Jonathan's brows to furrow with wonder of what caused her irritation.

"Right. The Seelie Queen said she will only give you the Morning Star swords if you bring her Lilith's head." She reminded as if her brother had forgotten. It was going to be hard to defeat the Queen of Edom.

"Well, those were her terms." Jonathan had figured a way to twist himself out of that order. "You up for a trip to Prague, little sister?"

"Prague?" Malia wondered before following after her brother through the apartment. "That sounds interesting..." Her voice had trailed off with the fire message she had received and which she had caught swiftly with a pinch.

Jonathan raised a brow. "From your Shadowhunter friends?"

Malia's eyes read over the words, all written by hand of the Herondale who no doubt was losing his mind with how the power of the rune had taken over his girlfriend. "Oh, it's from Jace. He wants to meet. He says his love for me matters more than his loyalty to the New York Institute. And to prove it, he'll help us get back our family swords."

"No, it's a trap." Jonathan objected. He hadn't thought that Malia would be so gullible. "He just wants to come between us like he did before."

"Reminder," Malia threw the note to the side while grinning at her brother. "he no longer has that power. Jonathan, I'm with you because I want to be with you." She reassured.

"Then why do you even need him?"

The Bellerose's hand rested on his shoulder. "You're my brother, and I never want us to be apart. but I'm in love with Jace. I can't live without him either."

"He wants me dead, Malia!"

Jonathan had turned away, away from Malia's touch as she thought of how his mind could settle. She doubted if Jace would hurt Jonathan especially if she begged him not to. "He won't. Not if I tell him that I can't live without you. To be with me, Jace would accept that. He loves me more than anything in this world."

"I love you more than anything in this world!" Jonathan declared and as his voice raised it had caught Malia by surprise, a slight flinch had been her retaliation. "Isn't that enough?"

"I want to hear Jace out." Malia concluded as her arms crossed over her shoulder, knowing her mind wasn't going to change. "If you love me...come with me."

JACE HAD STEPPED out of the Portal to be surrounded by silence, he had expected for Malia to be standing in the middle of the park awaiting his arrival. He turned on his feet as the Portal closed behind him, his eyes tried to locate the banshee who he had been waiting to hold. Jace wanted her back. And Malia hoped it wasn't an ambush, she prayed that Jace hadn't been lying to her about how he felt or otherwise she'd feel stupid and she knew what Jonathan was capable of.

The Herondale's movement had been restricted by the blade held at his throat by hand of the Morgenstern who had used his demon speed to appear behind him, who had somewhat expected the greeting. "My sister made me promise not to kill you unless this is an ambush. Maybe it's my lucky day."

Jace's jaw had clenched with how Jonathan hung on his back, unaware of Malia Bellerose strutting towards him in her lace up knee boots that had caught his attention when he heard the clicking approach. A happy smile spread on Malia's lips as her hands pulled out the pocket of her blazer to clasp in front of her. "Well, I'm happy to see you." Malia greeted. "I was trained by the best. So, first things first." Jace arms had outstretched allowing for Malia to pat him down incase he held any weapons that he could pull out and use against Malia and Jonathan.

"I came with no weapons, no stele." Jace reassured.

Malia stopped patting around the ankle of his boots before she had pushed herself back to her feet. "He's clean. As much as I want you with me, you tried to kill my brother once. How do I know you won't do it again?"

"I look forward to the rematch."

Malia's eyes quickly flickered towards her brother with a glare. He had finally pulled away from Jace, yet still pointing a blade in the blonde's direction. "There will be no rematch." She snapped, her tone harsh and which had caused Jonathan's face to soften. "I want the both of you alive. Look, if I let you come with us, how do I know I can trust you?"

"The Clave is contemplating whether or not to put the kill order on Jonathan." Malia had let out a soft chuckle, her head bowing with the bad idea that the Clave were considering. "That means you and Clary. I can't live without you, Malia. I won't. So, if that means I have to give up on everything I love to keep you safe, to keep you both safe...so be it."

"How touching." Jonathan commented with a roll of his eyes. "You're willing to put up with me as the third wheel."

"Jonathan," Malia snapped as she hated how paranoid he had been. "I would never allow him to treat you that way." She reassured before her eyes narrowed on her boyfriend with curiosity. He was going against his parabatais and his family. "Ease my mind, Jace. How do I know this isn't a trick?"

Jace had taken a small step closer to Malia, his fingers brushing against the back of her hands which sent a shiver down her spine. She wondered how she always managed to melt underneath a single touch of the Herondale. "In your heart, you either know that I'm telling the truth or you don't. If you don't, then leave me here."

"Excellent advice." Jonathan felt it was for the best if Jace had no involvement with the plan he had mainly for himself and Malia. "Let's go, sister. You're a Morgenstern. You know better than this."

"Yeah, I also know how to make my own decision." Malia remarked before her hand cupped Jace's cheek, her thumb brushing against his cheekbone as her mind had been made up. "He's coming with us."

MALIA HAD DOUBTED the chances of Jace and Jonathan ever getting along with each other. Yet she hoped that they would for the sake of the mission and because she didn't want the love of her life and her brother to never be on good terms. With how close they had stepped together, she doubted if it was in a friendly manner as she was able to feel the tension but yet she asked. "Are my two favorite boys playing nice?" Her presence had been known and she had caught the attention of her boyfriend and her brother.

"So far."

Jace was confused with what had caused Jonathan's arched brows to soften, falling back to where they naturally sat on his forehead before he had turned around to be greeted by the beauty of the Bellerose. Malia's curled locks had been straight and tucked behind her ears and hugging onto her figure was a long sleeve black zipper dress complimented with red open toe heels she shifted in. "I dress to kill."

"Shall we?" Jonathan asked while gesturing to the exit.

They were in Prague and as much as Malia was excited to tend to a party she was just was excited to talking to the Seelie Queen and getting what both her and her brother deserved. "We shall." Malia nodded as she strutted over to her brother.

"Malia." Jace called after the brunette who quickly turned back to face her boyfriend in confusion. He wasn't even prepared to leave as her and Jonathan were. "Maybe you'd like to tell me what the plan is for obtaining Morning Star?"

"What? Jonathan didn't tell you?" Malia questioned as her brows arched. She glanced at her brother and tutted. "We are going to kidnap the Seelie Queen." She announced. 

MALIA HAD QUESTIONED why she had never thought of going to Prague. She was memorised by the city. Jace was so sure he had seen the old Malia, as she was fantasied with the lights within the night as they walked along an alleyway leading them to the club that Jonathan knew the Seelie Queen hung out in. The brunette smiled as her grip tightened on the blonde's hand, they walked close to each other. Jace refused to leave her side throughout their walk, he thought he'd be able to coax her back and get her back on the right side.

"Prague is beautiful." Malia had broken the silence.

Jace smiled down at the banshee. "We'll have to come back." Malia had already fallen in love with the idea. "I'll take you for a boat ride on the river."

Malia raised a brow at the Herondale before her arms wrapped around his waist as they had slowed to a stop. "I love the sound of that." As she leant up, for their lips to meet, their signs of affection had been interrupted by the Morgenstern who had begun to feel like a third wheel.

Jonathan's throat cleared. "We're here."

Malia could hear the music thumping from inside to the outside, where a bouncer stood alone beside the neon light that held the title of the club. "Clearly, the bouncer isn't happy about it." Jace noticed how the man's eyes lingered on the three of them, not even bothering to crack a smile. 

"Kosti Lustr?" Malia questioned. Jace had felt Malia's hands dropped away from his waist and he had noticed how slight panic filled her eyes as she had translated the meaning of it. "Bone Chandelier?"

"The Queen's favorite hangout." Jonathan stated. "For Downworlders only. Wait here. I'll work my connection to get us inside." He slid between the pair in front of him before his eyes narrowed on the blonde. Jonathan continued to believe that he couldn't be trusted. "I'm watching you." Jonathan warned before he had strolled over to the bouncer.

"Hey." Malia had felt like she needed to somehow make a friendship between her boyfriend and brother. "J-Just give him some time." She told as she grabbed hold of Jace's hand, suddenly too afraid to let go. "He's like a puppy. All he wants is love."

"And all I want is you." Malia's brows furrowed in confusion. She questioned how her heart had quickened as Jace had severed the distance between them both. Her head rested between his hands, smiling at the touch she melted under, where she felt as if her knees were weakening. "Do you remember the first time we kissed?"

At the Jade Wolf. And it felt amazing. Malia doubted if she was ever to forget. "I could never forget." She replied.

    "Please, come back to me."

"W-What are you talking about?" Malia questioned as her brows furrowed before she rested her hands against the back of the Herondale's. "I'm right here."

"I love you so much." Those words had caused Malia's eyes to fill with a slight tear before Jace had pulled her face closer to his, where their lips had met. The soft touch of Jace's tendered lips had caused Malia to kiss him back, wishing it'd last longer but soon they had pulled away from each other, both knowing their limits.

"I love you, Jace." Malia chuckled causing him to smile, he thought he might've gotten the girl back. "I should probably go help Jonathan sweet-talk us inside." Jace's smile had faded as Malia had slipped from his touch and strutted over to Jonathan with a grin. Her only thought was that they needed to get inside.

MALIA HADN'T THOUGHT that they'd be able to get inside the club, but they had managed even though neither of them were Downworlders. A grin had spread across her face as she was greeted with drunk Downworlders on the dance floor beneath a boned chandelier that hung as decoration which had caught her eye alongside the fun everyone seemed to have had been having and which she was excited to join in with. Malia was prepared to dance on the dance floor to the heaviness of the bass that echoed throughout the club.

Jace's interest had lingered on the chandelier. He had thought, who's bones hung over their heads? "Nice chandelier." He commented and it had begun to make sense why it was called Bone Chandelier.

Malia stared up at them in confusion. "Whose bones are those?" She asked.

"Shadowhunters." Jonathan answered causing her eyes to widen. "Stick with me, Sis. You won't become part of the decor."

"Unless that Seelie sees you." Jace pointed out which had caused Malia to look over in the direction of the Seelie in heavy armour and spread between his hold. "The blue sigil mark means he's part of the Queen's security detail. Probably best we don't buy him a drink."

Malia had broken out into a smile. She concluded that Jace was a good addition to them getting hold of the Morning Star swords. "See? I told you he'd be an asset." Jonathan's eyes rolled, he doubted if he was ever going to get Malia on her own. He had led the two towards the bar, Malia had shimmied between people while glancing back at her boyfriend with a raised brow, wanting to have some fun.

"Evening, Sunaite." Jonathan greeted while resting against the bar they had approached. "My regular, three shots." He ordered before looking back towards the two Shadowhunters behind him to go over the plan. "All right, the Queen will arrive shortly. She'll be seated at her favorite table. Our opportunity arises when her head knight takes her upstairs for a rendezvous with her new warlock lover."

"That's when she'll be vulnerable." Malia added. "Jace and I will take out the knight."

"I grab the Queen." Jonathan told. He loved it when a plan came together. "Malia Portals the three of us away."

Jace's face hardened. He guessed that Jonathan wouldn't care about him, which led to him reminding the Morgenstern that he was also on the mission. "The four of us, including the Queen."

"Yeah, of course. That's what I meant."

A loud cheer broke out amongst the Downworlders that managed to have had taken over the music as droplets begun to fall from the ceiling of the club, where everyone's heads tipped back and opened their mouths to consume the droplets that held Malia's curiosity. "What's going on? What is this stuff?" Malia asked.

"It's clearly some kind of Seelie drug." Jace had guessed while Malia had fallen memorised with how the strobe lights flickered around the club. "Don't take it." He told.

"Ah, surely, you're not against having a little fun?"

Malia had tipped her head back and her lips had parted to consume a droplet that landed on her tongue and which she swallowed. "No..." Jace objected causing Jonathan to laugh as Malia had twirled her way into the crowd filled with Downworlders.

The Bellerose had never felt so high. From the drug that she had taken, it allowed her to feel good and to have pleasure on the dance floor. As much as she liked dancing on her own she figured that dancing with her boyfriend would be better. A giggle had escaped her lips as she danced to the beat while pushing her way towards Jace who stood in the centre of all of the fun. Malia questioned if he had been avoiding her, avoiding dancing and even if he was to protest she was prepared to drag him out onto the floor. "Hey, you think you're gonna get away with this?" Jace's brows furrowed with wonder of what Malia had known. "Dance floor, come on." All she wanted was a dance.

Malia had slowly begun to move her hips to the beat of the music as her hands rested on Jace's chest wanting him to move with her against the music. But the drug consumed had taken him over, he was unable to focus and he was rather confused with the dance break Malia seemed happy to have with him. "Wait. What are you doing?"

"You can tell me to stop whenever you want, but you won't." Malia said as their bodies pressed against each other due to how many people stood on the dance floor, all packed together. The banshee had leant in to Jace, she knew their limit of touching each other intimately but the drug had pushed that thought to the back of her mind as she had kissed her boyfriend. This time Jace melted into the kiss, loving the way Malia's lips pressed against his, tugging at his bottom lip with her teeth or their tongues fighting together as they met.

Malia had been so consumed in her love and the drug with Jace as his hand slid to her backside, which he gripped tightly onto where a ring sitting on his index finger and fallen visible. Jonathan had never believed that Jace would've been on their side and the Seelie ring where Jace was able to communicate with those at the Institute proved that. As much as Malia loved the hold she had with Jace it had been interrupted by her brother who had ran over the healing rune on both of their bodies. "Sorry to interrupt the fun," Malia's lips pulled away from Jace, her head resting on his chest and grinning at Jonathan who had been keeping a look out for the Seelie Queen. "but Her Highness is here."

Malia bit on her bottom lip while her attention rested on the Seelie who was heavily guarded as she walked through the crowd of Downworlders. "It's time to get what we came for." Jace told.

"Yes, it is."

JONATHAN'S EYES HAD been focused on the Seelie Queen as she sat amongst those who partied hard and which she had happily watched. When she had risen to her feet it meant that the plan was to be put in motion. "That's us." The Morgenstern nodded towards the Seelie Queen, she had been prepared to meet her warlock upstairs for some alone time. It was what she enjoyed travelling to Prague for.

Malia sucked in a sharp breath as she begun her way through the crowd where Jace had been quick to follow after her. "Not to question your brother's strategy, but it might be nice to have something before I take out a Seelie--" A blade by Malia's hand had slid into his palm, which had caught him by surprise.

"He made me promise not to arm you up until the last second." Malia informed as she pursed her lips. She slowed to a stop to allow the blonde to walk ahead before she had begun to realise the Seelie knights had begun to circle around Jace. Malia knew it wasn't part of the plan which brought her to concern as her brother approached her with a cold stare smacked across his face. "What's going on?" Malia panicked for the sake of her boyfriend. "Why are they going after Jace?"

"Because he's a traitor." Jonathan stated but Malia found it hard to believe. For the entirety of the night Jace was part of their plan, he was supposed to be helping them. "He's been using a Seelie ring to foil our plan." Malia's head shook in disbelief as it was clearer to see Jace circled with spears ready to attack him as Downworlders had noticed how spears were ready to have been used. "This is our chance to get to the Queen. To get our family swords. Who do you trust? Me or Jace?" Her jaw yet clenched hating to having to pick between her boyfriend and her brother and it was a predicament that Jonathan put her in once again. And she knew as soon as a fight had broken out she couldn't allow Jace to fight alone, he was outnumbered. "Malia, stick to the plan!"

"No. I can't let him die."

"I swear to you, he is against us, not with us." Jonathan told, he hoped to nail it into his sister's head that Jace couldn't have been trusted.

"Jace!" Malia had thrown a seraph sword towards the blonde who had caught it swiftly between the fight with the Seelie knights before the Bellerose had gotten involved. The brunette made her approach towards the Seelie who approached her, recognising yet another Shadowhunter that shouldn't have had been in the Downworlder club. Malia had pulled out her seraph sword, twirling it between her fingers before slashing it towards the Seelie, cutting him at his throat before kicking another in the stomach with a shriek that had sent him flying back into the walls of the club. Malia had made sure she had helped Jace, making sure that he wasn't going to get hurt or die even though he had betrayed her, her feelings clouded her judgement.

As Malia stabbed a fallen Seelie knight into her chest she flicked her head up towards the Herondale and scoffed with the lie he had told her. "Malia," Jonathan had hold of the Seelie Queen knowing that they didn't have long before she had the chance of escaping. "we've got to go! Now!" He demanded.

Malia had kicked Jace in the back of his knee, which had sent him to the floor before she had held the tip of her sword to his throat. "You're wearing a Seelie ring?" She questioned with hope it wasn't true and that Jonathan was lying to her. Before he had the chance to lie to her again she had pulled it from his finger after crouching in front of him. "I can't believe you. You're trying to take me away from my brother!"

"Hey, listen to me. I'm trying to save you." Jace defended. He hated seeing the anger in her eyes, that she fuelled on. Standing in front of him was not the girl he fell in love with, it wasn't his girlfriend. "This isn't who you are. Come home with me!" He pleaded.

"The thing is Jace." Malia had had pulled the sword away from his throat and swung it between her hold. "This is who I am. You try and take me away from my brother again, I will end you." She warned before she had caught the blade of her sword and used the handle to smack it around Jace's face before she had turned away from him.

Malia let out a shaky breath then she had erupted into a scream. It had caused Downworlders to cover their ears before the brunette had pushed her hands forward, where wind had picked up and the same lilac Portal as before had opened which had engulfed the Herondale.

He wanted to take away her darkness, the power she had. But Malia was felt far too good with that power.

_______

Author's note:

It's been a while since I updated!

I really hope you enjoyed this chapter.

There aren't that many chapters left, so you're getting nearer to the end of Malia's story! 

- Olivia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.9K 769 32
Started: 21st November 2021 Finished: 3rd March 2022 {Alec Lightwood x OFC} {Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments} {Season 3A} {Book 3 of 4} {2021}
438K 9.7K 45
In which Davina Rollins has more talents than just drawing. JACE HERONDALE X OC
159K 4.5K 28
"She put a binding rune on the door. I can't get it open." "I'd say she doesn't want to see you." #1 in "magnus" Andina Wayland has grown up with...
74.6K 1.8K 30
In which Davina Rollins needs to hunt down the most notorious Shadowhunter to save the love of her life. JACE HERONDALE X OC