𝐥𝐢𝐢𝐢. monster in her

chapter fifty-three

chapter fifty-three. . .
monster in her

    JONATHAN KNEW THAT it was due time for when either Malia or Clay had joined him and Malia had been the one who had fallen into the darkness of the rune. She stood by the side of her brother. Malia was no longer forced to be sitting in his company, but she had chosen willingly to sit in his company within Lilith's apartment that hung around New York before their next move was due. Jonathan was hoping to achieve the chance of getting to the Morning Star swords, and he knew with Malia on his side, they were going to be stronger. It lead to his delight and caused celebration where two champagne glasses had been filled for them to drink.

Malia grinned at the sight of the glass being filled while fiddling with the curled end of her lock of hair between her fingers. Her friends would say that darkness looked bad on her but Jonathan yet complimented the change in style she wore. Dark clothing had fitted her personality much better and she looked like she was prepared to be up to mischief. "Champagne?" Malia had questioned why her brother had poured out celebratory drinks. What was there that they both needed to celebrate? "What's the special occasion?"

"You saved me, Malia." Jonathan replied. He believed it was something worth celebrating.

Malia had taken the drink from his grasp and yet smiled, feeling good being a hero even during her darkest turns. "You'd do the same for me." She knew.

"I would die for you." Malia wasn't expecting Jonathan to reply to her like that. He was someone fighting for her, someone who carried the same blood as her. All she could do was smile at the thought of it all. Jonathan was always going to be there for her even when she probably didn't want him to be. "I've spent so long dreaming of the day we'd finally be together. I wish Clary would join us but she chose her side. At least we know who the real sister is." He raised up his glass causing Malia to mimic the action. "To us."

"To us." Malia cheered. As much as she wanted to be happy in the moment with her brother she worried for what was to come. Before she had parted from the Institute, she knew that then she wanted to have the bond between her brother broken, now she didn't want to be apart from him whatsoever.

Jonathan had thought that there'd be a smile on Malia's face but he had noticed the worry that spread. "Something's troubling you." He realised which led him to a concern of what thoughts swirled in the teen's brain.

"It's just..." Malia fiddled with the spine of the glass. "Isabelle and the others are working on a strong serum. To break us apart."

"Ah..." Jonathan rested his glass onto the table, he doubted if it was going to be capable knowing how strong Lilith's rune had been. "of course they are."

Malia's brows knitted together in confusion as she had thought her brother would worry just the same as her. "That doesn't concern you?" She questioned.