𝐢𝐱. who we are

chapter nine

chapter nine. . .
who we are

THE PURPLE CRYSTAL that hung around Clary's neck, was a Portal Shard, and which Valentine Morgenstern had communicated to her through. As she turned to Ben for so help, and some answers that may have explained the awful glimpse of an encounter she had with her father, Alec had been another to be involved, but getting himself into the conversation. His mind was set on protecting the Institute, the people in it, and he had no regard to emotion about the fact Clary's Bambi eyes had caught vision of her mother, unconsciousness, but she knew she was alive.

But within seconds of the truth told towards the Lightwood, it had caused the Portal shard to be taken, and hidden within the tiles of the training room, and only Alec's stele could unlock the tile. No doubt it was due to upset and have a continuation of ruining Clary's day.

The plaid pleat skirt bounced on the thighs of the brunette who clenched her fist as her arms swung back and forth whilst approaching her best friend. The redhead's head was bowed as her thoughts continued to be of her mother. Malia faintly smiled as her footsteps were heard as her wedges smacked against the floor. "Hey." Clary didn't even smile with her friend's arrival but yet the Adams had sat down beside the Fairchild. "Are you okay?"

"I saw my mom." Clary informed. "Then Alec-"

Malia hummed in response. "Jace told me what happened earlier. You should know you're not the only one who wants to kill Alec today."

"Hey..." Malia looked over her shoulder, finding the sister to the oldest Lightwood, made her approach, feeling guilty with the actions had brother had taken with the Fairchild. "I heard." Isabelle told as she found herself joining the two girls on the bench within the corridor. "Look, I know my brother can be a real pain in the ass but he means well. That necklace is very dangerous."

Clary's eyes rolled. "I'll take the risk on my own."

Malia sighed. "Clary, you're not on your own."

Isabelle nodded in agreement. "You're part of us now." She added to comfort the Fairchild.

After a sigh had escaped Clary's lips, a light shake of the head followed. "I just--I wish I knew what to do. All of this, it's so new to me. To us." She gestured towards her best friend who understand the feeling of being out of the loop. "I just...I'll do anything to save her."

"I get it." Isabelle smiled. "You love her."

"More than anything."