𝐱𝐱. ugliness of disbelief

chapter twenty

chapter twenty. . .
ugliness of disbelief

VALENTINE MORGENSTERN WAS Malia's father and it was the last thing she had ever thought she'd ever be told. The most wanted man alive, the monster and the murderer was her blood, he was her history, and she hated everything about that. Malia had thought about all of who could've known about her parents that included Luke, Veronica and even Jocelyn. They all knew and kept it from her when did deserve the truth, everyone didn't and the excuse of thinking it was better for her couldn't be used. Malia knew something as big as that was due to be explained to her sooner than later.

Malia gripped onto the wheel of Simon's van as she had driven around trying to clear her head from the thoughts of the continuous secrets she couldn't deal with and nor did she want to have to deal with them. Her knuckles had turned white with how her grip continued to tighten as her thoughts were stuck on Valentine being the parental figure she once wished she had known more about. But now she wished she knew nothing of him.

She didn't know how to explain how she felt. Betrayed? Hurt? Lost? Confused? Malia found it impossible how she was supposed to explain how she felt, and she didn't know who she could talk to about it. Her head fell onto the wheel of the van as she allowed the tears to burn their way through to roll down her cheek. "Valentine's my father." She mumbled to herself. Malia believed that if she felt saying it, it may sound somewhat sane. "Valentine is my father. Valentine..." Her voice had trailed off as she sat up straight within the driver's seat of Simon's van she had taken for a drive to get some space. "Valentine..."

Malia had pondered, she had thought about when Michael had touched her hand and the coldness that radiated off of him that caused the whispers to pick up. Jace knew his father had been killed by Valentine, and for ten years he had believed that. For some reason it didn't add up. Why would Valentine need Michael for ten years? Why was Michael so important? "Valentine..." The voice rang in her ears before Malia had come to the realisation of her thoughts being cleared. The voices said Valentine when Michael had touched her, and the coldness came from the monster Valentine was.

Her thoughts had been interrupted by her phone ringing in the passenger seat beside her. Malia had gripped onto the her cell, seeing the caller ID of her best friend calling her. A sigh escaped her lips before she had chosen to answer the call and rest it against her ear. Clary was the only one who would listen to her and believe the voices in her head, and Malia wasn't so sure how she was supposed to explain what she heard to Jace. "Clary?"

"Malia--"

"Clary, listen to me." Malia told before Clary had the chance to mumbled onwards.