The Tale of Azure - Book I: S...

By Ruze24

Since the Sorting, Myrtle finds comfort in being (almost always) alone. Until the day she meets a strange gir... More

Author's Preface
The Tale of Azure - Book I: "Shades of Green and Blue" Prologue
Chapter One: Azurelia Hildagarde Ashlane
Chapter Two: Myrtle Elizabeth Warren
Chapter Three: New Life, New School
Chapter Four: Mean Ravenclaws and Brave Slytherins
Chapter Five: The Strange Girl from Slytherin
Chapter Six: The Blood-traitor and the Half-blood Golden Boy
Chapter Seven: The New Potions Partner
Chapter Eight: The Importance of Changes
Chapter Nine: Alexia Branson, the "Good Vampire"
Chapter Ten: Stefan Salvatore, the Reformed "Ripper of Monterey"
Chapter Eleven: Reflections on an Archaic Society
Chapter Twelve: The Other World
Chapter Thirteen: Those Who Rule the Night
Chapter Fourteen: Love, an Unsolved Mystery
Chapter Fifteen: The Birth of an Alliance
Chapter Sixteen: Soulmates and Fates
Chapter Seventeen: The Serpent-tongue's Legacy
Chapter Eighteen: I AM LORD VOLDEMORT
Chapter Nineteen: An Imperfect World
Chapter Twenty: Behind Bespectacled Blue Eyes
Chapter Twenty-One: The Bridge Between Two Worlds
Chapter Twenty-Two: A Most Curious Cup and a Mysterious Chamber
Chapter Twenty-Three: Riddles and Secrets
Chapter Twenty-Five: A Missing Cup, an Obliviated Elf and a Howler
Chapter Twenty-Six: Exposure and Threats
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Perfect Prefect's True Colours
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Oncoming Storm
Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Master of Death
Chapter Thirty: Past, Future and Present
Chapter Thirty-One: The Heir of Slytherin's Goal
Chapter Thirty-Two: A Bubble Bath on Sunday Morning
Chapter Thirty-Three: Lessons and Confessions
Chapter Thirty-Four: The "Tricolour Trio"
Chapter Thirty-Five: The Badger's Ambition
Chapter Thirty-Six: The Riddled Spider Web
Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Death of Myrtle Elizabeth Warren
Chapter Thirty-Eight: The Sacrifice and the Darkest Possible Future
Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Insidiousness of a Young Dark Lord
Chapter Forty: She Who Revels in Chaos
The Author's Afterword

Chapter Twenty-Four: A Different Christmas Eve

85 1 0
By Ruze24

A/N: We are now back to Azure's POV. Lots of references for Micchi, because I know he loves them. This chapter includes the guest appearances of our lovable foursome from "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them". I wrote this chapter long before the second movie came out. I was utterly shocked when I watched Queenie join Grindelwald on her free will. But I am a sucker for happy endings, so Queenie and Jacob are a happy couple in my story, despite lots of things happened before they tied the knot...

Trigger warnings: Eris' evilness and Tom Riddle being a sadistic obsessive bastard who should be in an asylum. If you have read the Harry Potter (The Half-blood Prince) sixth book, you know who is "this girl". Hint: A.B.

Disclaimer: I do not own "Harry Potter", "FBWTFT" and "Black Butler". Only my OCs: Azure, Aunt Gwen, etc.

No action came with no consequences and Olive Hornby's incident had serious repercussions; after being brought to the Headmaster's office, Azure had been suspended for three weeks, the first half beginning just a few days before the Christmas Holidays. She had returned to the Ashlane Manor earlier than the previous years, which gave her the chance to tell Tingly and the cooks about her time in school since her parents were too busy between chasing/killing Grindelwald's followers or finding a petty thief called Fletcher who had the penchant of stealing magical artefacts.

On 20th December, she was informed that the Christmas Party of this year would take place in the Manor, which did not surprise her much; although most of the Sacred Twenty-Eight families hated the Ashlanes for their "Blood-traitor ways", they felt some grudging respect – they would never admit it – for them because Ashlanes had a vast network of contacts in the Muggle world and the supernatural community.

The fact that there would be a Christmas Party at the Manor also meant that the Hufflepuff Cup could be displayed. Accordingly, in the morning of the 24th, their family heirloom was placed by her mother right above the fireplace's living room and under the Ashlane's family crest's portrait.

By seven in the afternoon, the drawing-room was already full of wizards and witches who were either conservative – Lord Black, Lord Malfoy, the current leader of the Dark Alliance, Lord Black-Monfay, Lord Rosier, Lord Avery – or mildly progressive like Lord Greengrass, Lord Potter, Lord Bones, Lord Longbottom and Madam Shacklebolt. In both cases, they were accompanied by their respective sons or daughters.

As such, she had to don her mask of perfect Pure-blood Heiress.

This night, she was not "Azure" but the future Lady Azurelia Hildagarde Ashlane, currently a very bored Heiress eating chocolate biscuits while her parents were greeting the guests. Until a plump figure approached her, simpering.

It was no one else than Hepzibah Smith, Lord Arthur Fawley's widowed maternal aunt and an avid collector of magical artefacts. Like always, her puffy cheeks were full of rouge and many golden rings adorned her fingers.

The old witch's hairdo for this occasion briefly reminded Azure of Marie Antoinette. Its garish red colour shocked with her fuchsia-coloured silk robes. She was also wearing a very exclusive pink pearl necklace and purple mascara, which only enhanced her squirrel-like brown eyes that shone with greed whenever the hag looked at the Hufflepuff Cup.

The Cup. The object that was Madam Smith's new obsession.

Some years ago, the hag had arrived by Floo Powder to "chat". The topic: selling some family items for her "collection"; every time, she had received a low "no" – Liam Ashlane's "nos" were usually enough to make the person give up but that hag did not accept a "no".

It took all her self-control to not cast an embarrassing spell on the witch when the other started pinching her cheeks and complimenting her clothing that was so "appropriate for a girl of her noble station".

Truth to be told, Azure's clothes made her feel like a fish out of water: the knee-length amber coloured dress with an embroidered badger whose cut that showed her still growing female "assets" was as uncomfortable as her black high heels. A black cloak with golden linings rested on her shoulders. For the final touch, her hair had been purposely styled for the occasion, some curls held together by a Goblin-made hairpin.

Altogether, she looked like a living portrait of Lady Hildagarde Ashlane (née Hufflepuff). Dying at the premature age of 28 years old, she had left behind a legacy and many letters that spoke of many things, such as a child born from two bloodlines: hers and Slytherin's.

A child fathered by the Serpent-tongue himself. Truth or pure lunacy?

No one knows until this day, she replied inwardly. Seeing that no one would notice her until dinner time, she went to her bedroom and locked the door before removing an old album from one of the bookcases. Opening it randomly, she searched for a certain page and looked at the picture that was being used as a bookmark. It depicted a smiling woman and a stern-looking boy with an eyepatch. The photograph had been taken in Paris.

Smiling softly, she traced the frame of the former and whispered, "Happy Christmas, Aunt Gwen."

------------------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------------

Azure's mood improved after dinner; she met Ru's idol and was offered three signed copies of his new book. He was accompanied by three people who she recognized from a photograph on the last page of his first book: a lady with straight brown hair cut in a bobcat style wearing a golden ring on her finger, a beautiful blonde wearing a pale pink dress, a clear contrast to her sister's reddish-brown dress with silver embroidery. She was also holding hands with a portly man, the pair of golden rings glinting in their respective fingers.

The two ladies introduced themselves as Porpentina "Tina" Goldstein-Scamander and Queenie Goldstein-Kowalski. The more solemn Porpentina was the beloved wife of Mr Newt Scamander and the free-spirited Queenie was married to Mr Jacob Kowalski. Azure quickly befriended Mr Kowalski, finding common interests in sweets baking.

Mrs Goldstein-Kowalski – Queenie, as she preferred being called – was very proud of the fact that her husband's clientele no longer included "No-Majs" but many wizards and witches from the American magical community.

If everything went well, his bakery "Kowalski Quality Baked Goods" - would be welcomed in London. The high-society witches had already expressed their interest and support, like Lady Fawley, Madam Bulstrode, Madam Marchbanks and Lord Crouch's wife. Mr Kowalski had already a location planned out not too far from New Scotland Yard. The store would open only happen after the war.

"It's all about the happiness in the customers' faces," he explained to Azure, blushing when Queenie's hand took his, blue eyes adoringly looking at her husband. "For me, that is what is important."

"I wish you the best of luck," she said to him before winking. "Speaking of which, we might have some 'Liquid Luck' stored somewhere."

"Sorry, kiddo. I want to succeed by my own merits," the older man said with a good-naturedly chuckle. "That's how I opened my first bakery!"

He sent a knowing grin to Mr Scamander who scratched his cheek in return.

"Yes, I suppose so."

Mrs Scamander hid her smile at her husband's answer by sipping her beverage.

What exactly had happened between them?

"You are an Aura Seer," Miss Queenie suddenly spoke.

Azure nodded. "I am but I don't plan living half a regular human's lifespan."

The blonde shook her head sadly. "Fear, unrest and pain...oh you poor girl, you have been Obliviated after constant Legilimency for years," the witch concluded, one hand gently touching the fifteen-year old's cheek. "So young and with a mind already this damaged. I can feel it...this Legilimens is incredibly adept. Please be careful...for when people are hurting, they are the easiest to read."

Azure opened her mouth to say something, but no sound came of it. She started coughing, blood slowly running down her nose and mouth, as well from several crimson cuts on her arms, collarbone and legs.

A Curse. A powerful one...but who...wait, who is that?

The last thing she remembered seeing before finally falling into the sofa, right into a horrified Queenie's lap, was the silhouette of a hunched man swiftly taking the Cup from the fireplace.

Many hours later, she had woken up in her bed with a headache and a tray of food next to her. A book entitled Protection Charm Your Mind: A Practical Guide to Counter Legilimency could be seen on her bedside table and, on top of it, a note:

"It's better to prevent than to remedy!"

She looked at the "Q" signature under it and smiled.

------------------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------------

In Tartarus, the goddess of Discord and personification of everything evil – including the vilest acts that were not only murder but also all types of assault – was taking a foamy bath while doing her favourite hobby: watching humans through her orbs. After quickly losing interest in the Soulkeeper's boring routine, she summoned a second orb that depicted her champion.

She watched him standing against the door of the room where the youngest orphans did their naps. He was there because he had heard a melody while walking the corridors, simultaneously avoiding the sharp gaze of the matron who doing the laundry. Inside of the room, there were half a dozen cradles with sleeping children and a younger girl playing her harmonica slightly bending over one of them.

Eris' smirk widened as he approached the younger human, his fingers touching the girl's cheek, dark brown eyes boring into her fear-filled ones. The harmonica fell from her hand, hitting the floor. His hand slowly moved down her neck, the thumb applying a bit of pressure. She then let out a muted whimper and remembered a dark cave, her unmoving body, a snake curling around her fragile throat and a cold kiss on her lips followed by a bite...

On that day, this girl had become a Lost Child. However, she had retained her innocence, something that he wanted to ruin. Eris was perfectly familiarized with this kind of desires; pretty much the entirety of her half-siblings had been conceived through that way.

Tom Marvolo Riddle was the product of a Love Potion. Consequently, he could covet, lust and obsess, but feel genuine love? Never.

"All of the Lost Child will belong to you soon," she intoned smoothly, looking at the new scenes: the boy's assault on the girl's mind stopping because of the sudden entrance of a young woman. She threw a glare at the younger boy whose free hand curled into a fist before he faced the helper. Then, he left the room, purposefully bumping into the other's shoulder.

"Only it will not be today," Eris declared, taking a sip of ambrosia. "No matter. There's still plenty of time."

Dislike began to show on the Goddess's beautiful face as the helper – a threat that had yet to be obliterated – went to where the frozen girl was, hands desperately cupping her cheek before she hugged her fiercely, causing the trance-look to disappear.

"Clever move, Hecate," she hissed, lips contorting into a sneer at the disgustingly comforting scene inside of the orb. She turned it into ice, long fingers gripping the orb until it broke in little pieces. "My turn."

Eris was a lost cause for anger management.

Review, please!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 954 29
❝ 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’Šπ’” 𝒂 π’‡π’π’π’˜π’†π’“ π’ƒπ’π’π’π’Žπ’Šπ’π’ˆ π’Šπ’ π’˜π’Šπ’π’•π’†π’“, 𝒂 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆 π’ƒπ’†π’‚π’–π’•π’š 𝒐𝒇 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒓 π’‚π’Žπ’Šπ’…π’”π’• 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆...
56.7K 1.3K 11
This story follows the return to Hogwarts of sixth year Scarlett Hilbrett and her friends- the pure-blood red-haired Weasley family; muggle-born Herm...
2.5K 51 35
First title: The Riddles What happens when Tom begins to feel weird around his friend in year 4, well aquetence how he prefers to call it, Faith Jone...
16.6K 467 22
"Falling like ashes to the ground Hoping my feelings, they would drown But they never did, ever lived, ebbing and flowing Inhibited, limited 'Til it...