Probably

By russia43_

"Trust me... you feel you're getting away from this so called 'drama'... but just wait and watch mon amour... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 - Part I
Chapter 6- Part II
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9- Part I
Chapter 9- Part II
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue
IMPORTANT NEWS
New book

Chapter 15

144 5 1
By russia43_

How??

Antoine

It was hard to say it but I still managed to gather the required courage to say those hurtful words in the morning. I didn't mean a single one of those words. Yes, I wanted to start over but not as her friend. We have been closer than best friends for God knows how long and look at where it has brought us. Our relationship is barely hanging by a thread here. Forget the relationship, we individually were barely hanging by threads that would snap any time.

She knew it and so did I. She knew the cost of ignoring her fate and yet she chose to deny it. But being a father, I know I can't afford to hurt my daughter because of Veronica's foolishness. My daughter needs me and the only way I can give her what she needs is by getting Veronica back. I need her. I know I can manage very well without her in my life but if I'm being honest, I have not slept in two weeks just thinking about what went wrong between us that caused her to take this erratic decision of getting married to that green eyed lizard. The woman lets me be a better me. A person that is good enough to be a decent father, a decent husband.

I know I was going to get her back and this time, I didn't care if she was hurt in the process or not. Enough is enough! I have played the good guy for too long. It's high time I showed my bad side because Alex deserves it for cheating on a woman like Veronica. I know things will fall into place when Veronica and I are together. But the question that remained was HOW do we end up together??

Well, I still have two weeks to think about that plan, followed by two weeks to execute the plan successfully. But for now, I had to somehow regain Veronica's blind trust. In this way, I could wash off this wicked enchantment that Alex had cast on her and make her see the mistake that she was making by marrying him. But again, the same question remained- HOW??

I was thinking about a plan when I was snapped out of my imagination by a series of merry laughter coming from the gang in the pool. The gang included members of the Beaumont family, my daughter, and the love of my life. My daughter and Veronica had an instant connection which was a clear indication that we were meant to be one big happy family. The sign was so obvious that even Mary, who currently despised me, agreed that Veronica and I were supposed to be together. The whole world could see it except her. I mean, was she actually blind or was she so stubborn that she was intentionally snubbing and overlooking this possibility?

Whatever her reason was, at least for this brief moment, I know she let her walls down and didn't let our complicated relation affect her's with Mia. And this realisation, brought an immense amount of peace within me. A feeling that I wished never left my soul. In short, I didn't want this moment to end. This was my dream and I know will get it one way or the other... but as always, one question still remained unanswered- HOW??

Just the thought of not knowing how, started frustrate me. I could go back to being the villainous, dark Antoine I was, six years back, but I know for a fact that he was not a reliable solution for this problem. If anything, he would increase my problems by complicating them even more. Moreover, I had banished him from within me with great difficulty and if he returns, I will not be able to recover this 'relatively better' version of myself.

And even if, for a brief moment, I considered the possibility that I invite this monster back, to reside in me, and it managed to help me win Veronica back, it would not be fair to my daughter and to Veronica in the long run because that monster would surely not leave and trust me, he is not a family-oriented man. He will extract more from me than he is willingly give and as a result, I was afraid of the consequences that I would have to face. So, now that I think of it, being a bad guy is definitely not a viable option. The one basis on which I was trying to build my so-called plan had also collapsed now and I felt helpless.

I was blankly staring at the group in the pool, sipping my pineapple juice, still trying to think of a viable and simple plan to get Veronica back when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see my team mates Oliver and Paul smiling at me weirdly. This was the same smile that they displayed when they pulled off some wicked prank or when they managed to stir up trouble. Hence, ever since Mia's birth, I preferred to stay away from these two men, even though they are my best friends. These two attract trouble where ever they go and of all the moments, now was not an appropriate time for me to be involved in any sort of mess.

"I am neither going to take part in any sort of mischief nor am I going to cover up for it and you guys know that. So, no point in smiling slyly at me. I know how it ends... Always." I said harshly.

"We weren't going to ask you to be a part of our entertaining activities. You are not cool enough to be a part of them. You were looking miserable after talking to your lady friend in the morning and being your best friends, we thought we might extend some sort of a 'helping hand' to pull you out of your misery." Oliver said pulling a chair near me.

"No thanks. I don't need your help. At least not this time."

"Oh come on Grizou! We all know you love her and want to be with her. You always know how to divert all our discussion to her. I mean, who wouldn't? But it's quite natural to feel miserable after being friend-zoned by the woman you love. We have all been there. So, let us help you." Paul said taking a sip from my juice.

"Stop drinking my juice. And please explain, what part of 'I don't need your help' do you guys not understand?" I said rudely. There was this kind of anger that I felt within me and that anger seemed to be venting itself through my voice. I had no idea as to why I felt this way and why I was trying to block out the only two people who were simply trying to support me and help me. These guys deserved a lot of unpleasant rewards for their activities but not this rude attitude.

"Fine. You don't want our help, don't take it. At least talk to us about how you're feeling. Don’t estrange us. Tell us what's going on in that peanut sized brain and overly emotional heart of yours." Oliver said pointing at my heart with a giggle.

"I don't know whether I should tell anything to the man who called me stupid and emotionally irrational." I said with a little frustration.

"So, it means you're angry." Paul spoke, taking another sip from my juice.

I snatched the glass from his hand and sharply said- "Buy your own drink. And for your kind information- I AM NOT ANGRY."

"Says the man who just lost his temper on the waiter for bringing him a yellow straw instead of a blue straw." Oliver said bluntly.

"Which means, not only are you angry but at the same time, you're frustrated and confused as to what to do?" Paul said, trying to take the glass back from my hand.

"Will you stop trying to drink my juice?!?! And no, I am not confused. Nor am I angry and frustrated." I said with more anger filling my voice. The two of them were getting on my nerves and I swear I would punch Paul and break his hand the next time he tried to take my juice.

"You know we can understand that you are lying, right? You don't need to get so defensive. We are literally here because you happen to be our best friend. And hence, we are tolerating your behaviour, without saying anything. So, whether you like it or not, being your friends, we will keep asking you these questions and taking our guesses, over and over again, till we don't get answers. So, instead of getting agitated, if you simply tell us how your holding up and what your feeling, we will leave you alone in your peaceful solitude." Oliver said ever so calmly, without losing his temper and raising his voice, which was quite a surprise.

The man really surprised at times because most of the times he acted like a kid but when he chose to behave his age, he turned out to be the most mature person on the team. Even more mature than Kylian, who is literally the most serious person on the French team. I was happy to have a friend like Oliver who knew me so well. Even though I have been staying a little distant from him physically, mentally I wasn't. It's like he know what I want, what I was going through mentally just by looking at my face. I always knew that he would be there for me when I need him.

I sighed and said- "You promise you will leave me alone if I tell you the truth? And you promise you won't tell anyone?"

"We promise." The two spoke in synchrony.

"Before you confess anything, I wanted to ask if I could please have your juice? I forgot my wallet upstairs." Paul asked.

"Fine. I'll order another one for myself." I said sighing and rolling my eyes. The other two laughed and it made me a little cheerful also. Paul could really be annoying sometimes. But I kind of enjoyed getting annoyed by him.

"I am pissed because Veronica is not ready to accept the fact that Alex is not the guy for her. She knows it, I know it, her sister knows it. Alex himself knows it. Yet she is being so stubborn about it. She said she loves me more than a friend and thst we are meant to be but then she said that she wants to start over only as friends. I don't get it. Plus, I don't have a plan to get her back. And from previous experience, my plans on this issue have always been major failures."

"Did you confess about your feelings?" Oliver asked.

"Of course I have. I even sent Paul to tell her about how much I missed her. But clearly, it seems he was not able to communicate the facts properly."

"Oh so it's my fault now! I told her everything you asked me to tell her. I also told her that she blocked your phone number and the fact that you went to England to meet her and left a note in her fiancé's hand."

"You told her that! No wonder she is not willing to enter a relationship with me. She probably thinks I am trying to sabotage her marriage because of my desperation."

"Isn't that what your trying to do? Get her to break the engagement and then marry you instead?" Oliver asked.

"No. I am trying to make her realise her mistake before she commits it. And once she realises it, she will automatically come to me, seeking comfort, which I will openly provide her and when the time is right, I will ask her to marry me. And after that Mia, she and I will be one happy family."

"So, you do have a plan in mind? Why are you angry then?" Paul asked.

"Because number one- I don't know how to make her realise it. I told her Alex was cheating on her, yet she chose to ignore the fact and simply said - 'it's complicated'. Number two- because, I can't be nasty with anyone because my delicate relation with her. I just can't be the bad guy anymore. I can't be the guy who takes what he wants, without caring about other's emotions."

"You can't, but we can." Oliver said after some moments of depressing silence had passed.

"What do you mean?" I asked doubtfully.

"You don't have to do the dirty work. We will do it. We have nothing to lose while you have everything at stake here. Plus, we are better in executing plans than you. So, let us do it." Oliver said.

"A) No. I don't trust you with plans. Especially not with something so delicate like this matter. This might be another way for you guys to derive fun but for me, this relation is the very purpose of my life. It is sacred to me.

And B) What will execute? I have no plan."

"We will make the plan and we promise we won't cause any trouble. Please let us help you. We can't stand your melancholic mood anymore. We want our old, funny Antoine back. You're just depressing. We miss our best friend. Hence, let us help you." Paul begged.

"No. No. No..."

"Enough Antoine! Why are you being so stubborn? I thought I made it quite clear- No one really cares about how you feel, except a select unfortunate few, who are cursed to be friends with a ridiculous man like you. Honestly, you also don't deserve this girl. But still, we want to help you because she is the only reason of your happiness. So, be grateful that we are offering you our help. Stop being a baby!" Oliver shouted.

I didn't want to mess with him because I know what he is capable of when he is angry. So, I just gave in.

"Fine. How are you planning to help me?" I asked Oliver.

"Just wait and watch. Soon enough, you will know how."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 1.7K 54
"I try so hard to be just friends but you sure don't make it easy." He averts his gaze from mine, and I wish he'd just look me in the face. "I don't...
147K 2.6K 26
in which a girl hates a boy but he seems to be in love with her. [COMPLETED]
89.9K 3.3K 24
"I fell in love with rosie; anybody would." (COMPLETED)
948 76 42
"𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙞𝙣, 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙮 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙤𝙣 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙯𝙚𝙙 𝙝...