Blood is Thicker Than Water (...

By Dark_Angelxo

#1 in Aliah Snape Series Before the war of Hogwarts, Severus Snape was married and had a daughter. To protect... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE: 14 Years Later
CHAPTER TWO: The Pain of The Truth
CHAPTER THREE: Moonstone
CHAPTER FOUR: Shadows
CHAPTER FIVE: Truth of Lies
CHAPTER SIX: Smoke
CHAPTER SEVEN: The Place Where It All Began
CHAPTER EIGHT: Father and Daughter
CHAPTER NINE: The Promise, The Secret, The Lies
CHAPTER TEN: Some Things Are Better Left Alone
CHAPTER ELEVEN: The Prince of Slytherin
CHAPTER TWELVE: Date? Date
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: Pride Before the Fall
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: Questions and Answers
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: Plans
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: It's Christmas
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: Family Secrets
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: I'll Stay
CHAPTER TWENTY: Nightmares
CHAPTER TWENTYONE - Never Let Me Go
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO - Start of Something New

CHAPTER NINETEEN: Breathe

110 4 0
By Dark_Angelxo

Aliah had to leave. She would return to Hogwarts, but she couldn't stay by herself. She packed her crystals and wore Draco's ring. She needed strength and could feel some physical strength return. She also packed a few clothes and her Mother's photo. She grabbed her backpack and left the tower.

She had heard from other students that there was no way out of the castle. There was an exception for one person. She didn't know she was going to pull it off, but Aliah always had a way with words. She walked up to the gargoyle and gulped. It towered over her.

Saying the password, the staircase revealed itself and Aliah climbed the stairs. She lifted her fist to knock on the wooden door. Before her fist made contact, the door swung open. She poked her head in through the door. She took a step back when she didn't see anyone inside.

"Good to see that you are feeling much better Miss Holt," a voice called from the office. "You may come in,"

Aliah reluctantly entered the office, closing the door behind her. She lifted her eyes to the second floor at the sound of footsteps.

"Professor Dumbledore?"

"I see that you are going somewhere," He noted as descended the staircase. Aliah tightened her hand on the bag strap. The old wizard walked behind his desk ad stint he high backed chair. "Where do you wish to go, Miss Holt?"

"I- I," Aliah stuttered. She sighed and shook her head. "I need to get out of here sir. I need to breathe without having something jumping at me at every corner. I just want a few days where nothing is expected of me, or what or who I am. Please, Sir,"

Dumbledore handed her a goblet. "When you return, you know what will happen,"

Aliah nodded. The plate in her hand started to vibrate. "What the hell?" By the time Aliah looked up, she felt as if she was sucked into a tube. She closed her eyes and prayed that she would be safe. She has heard things about Hogwarts, and not everything settled easily.

Aliah landed with a thud. She opened her eyes and found herself in a paddock surrounded by a wooden fence. She stood up and brushed the dirt off her clothes. The house in front of her was tall and leaning much too far to one side. Aliah hoped there was a magic of sorts holding the structure together.

Aliah spotted a back door with an open window. She stepped over stones and ditches to get to the door. She tapped on the door, which was soon opened by an older, plump woman. "Aliah Holt?" She asked. Aliah narrowed her eyes and nodded. "Come in dear, I'm Mrs Weasley. GINNY COME DOWN PLEASE,"

Aliah entered the house and jumped at the hurried footsteps throughout the house. She smiled when Ginny rushed down the stairs, "Aliah?" Ginny rushed to her friend and gave her a bear hug. "What are you doing here?"

The young Weasley then noticed the bloodshot eyes, with dark bags underneath. She looked at the bag and realised that her friend had run away from the school of witchcraft and wizardry. Ginny grabbed her bag and took Aliah to her room. "Sit Aliah," Ginny motioned to her bed.

Aliah sat on the single bed and scanned at the posters of female quidditch players.

"Do you want anything to drink?"

"No thanks. Sorry for barging in like this, I...I couldn't stay there anymore. Not on my own anyway,"

"What happened?" Ginny sat next to Aliah and threw an arm over Aliah's shoulders. Aliah rested her elbows on her knees and leaned forward. She ran her fingers through her hair, then intertwined her fingers in front of her.

"I found out who my Father is,"

"That's great isn't?"

Aliah shook her head. She felt her cheeks heat up and water filled her eyes. She turned her head and made Ginny swear not to say a word to anybody. "My Father is Professor Snape and my Mother was the daughter of Professor McGonagall," Aliah sobbed. Ginny stayed silent, unsure of what to say or do. Aliah remained in her friend's hold until Mrs Weasley called them down for dinner.

The long dining table was filled with all the Weasley's, along with Harry and Hermione. She took a seat in between Ginny and Percy. The twins stared at their friend who sat opposite them. Aliah could tell that they had questions to ask but she gave them a shake of her head.

Aliah told Ginny because she was desperate. She wasn't sure if she was ready for anyone else to know. Knowing that talking would distract her, Aliah turned to the head of the table, "I'm sorry Mrs Weasley for coming unannounced. I decided that I didn't want to be alone,"

"So nothing happened to you at the castle?" Mrs Weasley asked accusingly. She too had noticed the girl's eyes and knew that they were from crying and fatigue.

"No Mrs Weasley," Aliah lied. "I just wanted to be surrounded by my friends."

--------------------------------------------

After dinner, Ginny and Aliah returned to Ginny's room. She told Ginny the full story. How she found out about Snape and McGonagall, about the hospital and what Madame Pomfrey had told her.

"I'm sorry to say this Aliah, but you need to talk to Snape," Ginny said from her bed. Aliah was sitting on the floor, her head resting on the bed.

"I can't even look at him Ginny," Aliah protested. The two paused their conversation due to the knock on the door. A second later, two twin heads poked their heads in.

"Hey, we just wanted to check on you," George said. Ginny waved the two boys inside. They both decided to sit on the floor in front of the girls.

"Yeah. We need to know how our star prankster is going," Fred laughed.

"I'm ok," Aliah pressed. Both boys shook their heads. "Listen, I will be fine, just, for now, let me-"

Aliah stopped when she heard Mr Weasley call her and Ginny. The group frowned at other but did as they were told. The boys took lead. Aliah followed Ginny and her brothers down the stairs to the living room.

Shock filled her face when she spotted what the commotion was about. She took a step back. Fred and George noticed the uneasiness and stepped in front of Aliah. Snape and McGonagall stood up from the couch.

"Aliah please listen," Snape begged. Aliah's brain and body weren't cooperating. She didn't know what to do or say. All she knew was that she had to run. Turning around, she bolted for the fireplace. Before anyway could stop her, Aliah managed to grab some floo powder and jump into the fireplace.

There was only one more place in this new world where she could relax and able to hear her own thoughts. Aliah stumbled forward onto a hard floor. She coughed as the wind was taken out of her, along with powder residue.

Aliah lifted her head to scan her surroundings to see where she was. The room was very spacious. It had emerald coloured walls which contrasted nicely with dark, timber floorboards. There were two black couches on the left side of the room with a matching table. Aliah stood up and noticed the four, poster bed. The wall in front of the bed was covered in books. She was in a bedroom.

Aliah snapped her head to the left. She could hear water running behind a door. Which she guessed was the bathroom. She stayed still as she thought back of what had happened at the Burrows. They had followed her.

She felt the tears come out again but pushed them back. "Aliah?" a voice called. Aliah smiled and turned towards him. Draco was dumbfounded as he stood with shorts and no shirt. Water droplets were sliding down his chest and torso to his V-line. Aliah gulped at the sight.

Draco would've smirked if he didn't see the distress in her face. "Aliah," he softly called as moved closer to her. Aliah looked into his eyes and leapt into his arms.

"I'm sorry Draco," she sniffed. She attempted to pull away.

"Don't be sorry Aliah. What happened?" he said as he hugged her tighter. He guided Aliah to the couch and she explained everything that had happen that day. She couldn't control the words that came out of her mouth, but there was something alluring about Draco.

"Did you bring any clothes?" He asked softly.

"I left them at the Burrows. I'm an Idiot," she muttered the last words, not expecting Draco to hear her.

"You are not an idiot. Here take one of my shirts," he stood up and grabbed a white shirt from the armoire behind him. He returned and handed it to Aliah. "I will go ask my mother if she has any clothes you could borrow. Is that ok? Will you be ok?

Aliah fumbled his shirt. "Thank you, Draco,"

He rubbed her arms. "You are safe Aliah, I won't let anything happen to you while you are here. Now, go get changed and get comfortable, I'll be back soon,"

Draco kissed her forehead left the room. Aliah stripped out of her jeans and jumper and into his shirt. The shirt reached her mid-thigh and covered everything. She neatly folded her clothes and placed them on the couch.

She sat on the other couch and laid down. Aliah couldn't kick Draco out of his bed, not with him being so kind hearted towards her. She reached over to the blanket on the edge of the couch. She laid back down and covered herself. Almost instantly, she took a relaxed breath and fell asleep.

Draco returned and found his girlfriend asleep on the couch. He walked over and picked her up onto his bed. He put the quilt over her and she seemed to have relaxed. He kissed her forehead and returned to sleep on the couch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

293K 4.5K 70
10 year old Maddison Potter is the little sister of Harry Potter who was raised by the Malfoy's after Lily and James died. Everyone was focused on th...
1.1K 34 23
In this tale 16 year old, Rayne Snape, the youngest daughter of Severus Snape, attends Hogwarts after being homeschooled for most of her schooling ye...
5.1K 134 34
Her past is now clear. All there is to do now is keep it hidden. Aliah returns to Hogwarts after Christmas break only to learn that the ministry is d...
34.9K 4.2K 57
Harriet returns to Hogwarts for her second year and finds that danger once more plagues the school's hallways. Something slithers in the dark, the wa...