That Smile (Dave East Fanfict...

By DaveIsFave

Faith and Dave both want a relationship, but aren't eager in taking that step with anyone. Faith feels she is... More

Introduction
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty Two.
Twenty Three.
Twenty Four.
Twenty Five.
Twenty Six.
Twenty Seven.
Twenty Eight.
Twenty Nine.
Thirty.
Thirty One.
Thirty Two.
Thirty Three.
Thirty Four.
Thirty Five.
Thirty Six.
Thirty Seven.
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine.
Forty.
Forty One.
Forty Two.
Forty Three.
Forty Four.
Forty Five.
Forty Six.
Forty Seven.
Forty Eight.
That Smile II Is Up!

Twenty One.

30.2K 1.1K 831
By DaveIsFave

Enjoy, my friends. (Hold on to your hats 😏)

Dave's POV

"Come here, Kamilla. Not bout to say it again."

I'm trying to get this little girl dressed so we can go out. I'm spending the day with my girls today. We going to hit up a park, get some ice cream, maybe a movie. Just fun dad time with my ladies. Then I got a party later tonight I have to slide through to.

"No!" She laughed and ran out of my room in her diaper and took a sharp left, heading towards her room or her sister's room.

I groaned and blew out a breath. I need to smoke. She stressing me out. I don't know what the fuck this kid is on, but she ain't get it from me. Kairi ain't give me no problems dressing her. I'd have my mom help, but her and pops went out today.

I walked out of my room and found her in Kairi's room. I grabbed Kamilla by the arm and popped her. Of course she was dramatic and started screaming. I ain't even hit her hard. She gets all that extra shit from her mother.

"Dada!" Kamilla cried and tried to cuddle up to me. I moved her back so I could put her shirt on.

I glanced over at Kairi and she was giving her sister a dirty look, obviously over all the crying. She rolled her eyes and looked back at her tv.

It took me three minutes to put her clothes on. Three. And she couldn't stand still to let me do that. "Kairi put your shoes on." I told her while I took Kamilla in her room to grab a pair of shoes for her.

Once the both of them had their shoes, we proceeded outside. I buckled them into their car seats and got in on the driver side. "Where we goin first? Y'all want ice cream then the park?" I looked in the rear view mirror to see them nodding. Kamilla still had an attitude, but it's whatever.

I made my way to a local ice cream shop, right across from the park. "What flavor?" I looked down at them.

"Nilla." Kairi simply stated with a shrug. Just like me. Kamilla pointed to chocolate. Just like......I have no idea. Her moms hate chocolate ice cream too.

I got them their ice cream and we made our way across the street towards the park. They picked a bench to sit on and I gave them their cups and sat a napkin in their laps.

While they ate, I scrolled through my phone. A couple minutes later I got a phone call from Jungle. "Yo." I answered.

"Aye Dave we need you to stop by before the party tonight."

"I'm chillin with my daughters right now, bro." I looked over at them "talking" to each other. Kairi was talking and Kamilla was chiming in.

"No pressure. Take your time. Just sometime before five, come through. We gotta go over something with you."

"Aight. Give me bout....an hour and I'll be over there."

"Aight. Peace." We hung up and I saw that the girls were done with their ice cream. "Come on. Y'all ready to play?" They screamed and jumped off the bench. "Hold up." I stopped them before they could run off. "No running. Y'all just finished eatin and stay where I can see you." I told them while I was throwing their trash away.

"Done?" Kamilla asked and put her hands on her hips.

I scrunched my face up. "Who you talkin to?" I scolded her.

She fixed her face real quick while shaking her head and smiling. "Pway?" I eyed her for a second then nodded. I don't know who she was talking to or where she got it from, but it wasn't me.

She been acting real grown lately. Not even one and talking to me like I'm one of her kids. Millie gone hear from me because we not tolerating the disrespect. Either way, imma tear her little ass up if she keep on.

About thirty minutes later we left since they were tired, well Millie number two was, more than Kairi. She got energy like her dad, she don't get tired, but she listens so she was okay with leaving.

I'm dropping them off at their moms since where I need to be is in Queens. Already in the neighborhood, so why not drop em off? I shot her a text letting her know I was on my way.

I pulled up to her apartment and got the girls out. I had them both in my arms, going up to Millie's door. I put Kairi down and knocked on the door. "Ready to see mommy?" I asked Kamilla and kissed her cheek.

Millie swung the door open and looked like she was a deer caught in headlights. "What are you doing here?"

"You don't check your phone?" I grabbed Kairi's hand and pushed past Millie to get inside. I let them go and they ran towards the back.

"Why didn't you tell me you were bringing them back so early?" She seemed tense and nervous.

"Girl what's wrong with you? Why you acting weird? They're your daughters and you ain't got no job so what's the problem?" I looked at her dumb. Why did I get this dummy pregnant again?

"Nigga I do have a job. You gone stop playing me." She pushed my forehead with her fingers.

"Don't put yo hands on me, Milligrato. We done had this conversation before. Anyways I'm out. Kairi and Kamilla! Come give daddy some love." I called out to them.

Kairi was the only one to come from the back and shower me with love. "I love you, daddy." Kairi mumbled in my shoulder then I felt something wet on my shirt.

"Kairi you nasty, yo. You licking me?" I laughed. She's crazy. I pulled her back and saw her crying. "Baby why are you crying?" I talked lowly so she can only hear me. She hugged me again. "You want to talk to daddy outside?" She nodded without lifting her head.

I walked us outside of her moms apartment. "What's wrong Kai? Talk to me" I put her on the ground and got down to her level. "Why you crying? You don't want daddy to leave?" She shook her head and looked down. She's never had a problem staying with her mom. "Can you tell me why?"

I spoke to her softly cause I don't want her to feel bad. Kids shut down when you yell or there's aggression in your voice. I always want my kids to feel comfortable talking to me.

"He's mean." I looked at her confused, but I can already feel my temperature rising because I know there's another man here that Millie ain't tell me about.

"Who's mean Kairi?"

"Sissy's daddy." She spoked lowly. What?

"Sissy's daddy? I am her dad." Kairi shook her head.

"He in there." She pointed towards the door.

I had to take a few deep breaths because I'm pissed. I'm beyond angry, but I don't want to scare my daughter. "Okay baby. You can come with daddy. Okay?" She nodded. I stood up and held her in my arms. "I love you, Kairi." I kissed the top of her head.

"I love you." She said back to me.

I went back inside and called out to Millie. "You still here?" She came from the kitchen.

"Who's Kamilla's dad?" I straight up asked.

"Really David? You trying to call me a hoe? You're her dad jackass."

I nodded. "Where's your friend?" I asked her.

"What friend, Dave? What are you talking about?" She tried to act clueless. She's nervous. I can tell by the way she's moving around.

"Aight I'll go get him myself." I walked toward the back.

"Wait." Millie tried to stand in my way so now I know someone is back here that had disrespected my daughter.

I pushed her out of the way and continued towards her room. I opened the door and saw a guy sitting on the bed with Kamilla in his arms. He looked exactly like Kamilla. I turned to look at Millie. "So who this? And why he in here with my "daughter"?"

"Oh it's the East nigga." He stood up from the end of the bed and placed Kamilla on it. "Wassup?" He walked up on me with a prideful smirk. "Hey Kairi. You ain't come say hey to me." Kairi grabbed on to me tighter without looking up. Yeah I'm bout ready to sleep somebody.

"Yo my nigga don't address my daughter. I don't know you, so fall back." I told him straight up. "I done heard some stuff about you and best believe you gone get handled accordingly." I looked him in his eyes to let him know I meant what I said.

"As for yo hoe ass, we done. Kairi not coming over here again. If you want to see her, shoot me a text and we'll meet somewhere. You got bitch made niggas disrespecting and scaring my daughter? You got me fucked up yo." I pointed my finger in Millie's face. I would go in and do so much more if babygirl wasn't in my arms. She comes first and her safety means more to me.

"Ain't nobody scared of you, East. Roll up on outta here before you get hurt. We don't want you to miss that lil party you gotta be at tonight and we wouldn't want baby girl growing up without you. Then she gotta call me daddy." I'm heated, but all I could do was clench my jaw. He was no more than 5'10 or 5'11. I could honestly handle him right now, but Kairi and her safety is all that's on my mind.

"Be quiet, Jamal." Millie said.

"Aye come holla at me out here." I ignored him and glanced at my baby mother before walking toward the front. I heard her following behind me. "Why'd you lie?" She looked down. I rolled my eyes. "You knew this whole time, didn't you?" She nodded. "She know that's her dad?" She nodded again. "Wow. Aight bet." I walked towards her front door.

"Wait David. I'm sorry." She charged toward the door to stop me.

"Move." I spoke with base in my voice. "I don't want to hear nothing you have to say. We ain't got nothing to talk about." I'm trying to refrain from crying, but I'm sad. I thought that was my baby. "Aye one more thing. Tell ya nigga to watch his back. He just crossed a line that he will never come back from. I don't play bout mine."

I walked out and made my way to the car. I put Kairi in her car seat and took the other one out and put in on the sidewalk. I don't need it anymore. While we were in the house, Kairi, at some point, fell asleep.

I sat back in my seat and blew out a breath. I pulled out my phone and dialed my mom. "Hey son. What's wrong?" She answered.

"Uh you at the house?" I tried to sound as normal as possible.

"No. Why? What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I just needed you to watch Kai. I got something to do with the label, but it's cool I can take her with me." I said as I started the car and my phone hooked up to the Bluetooth.

"I'm sorry. I'll be back by this evening before your event. Wait. Why only Kairi? Where's Kamilla and why didn't she stay with her mother?" Way too many questions for me to answer over the phone.

"Nah you okay and I'll tell you later." I drove toward the label.

"Hey....maybe you could call, Faith.." she trailed off.

"Can't. She blocked me and I don't know where she lives. Plus why would I do that? We not cool like that." I shook my head.

"You know she wouldn't mind, son." She mumbled like she was doing something. "There. Give her a call, David, and I'll see you later on tonight. I love you." She hung up and I contemplated calling Faith.
——————
Faith's POV

"Are you ready to talk now?" I sat beside Brandon on my couch and crossed my legs. He looked over at me, still chewing on the lunch I just made him.

He got here last night, but neither of us were ready to talk about what I said. I'm ready now. He continued to look at me and then nodded.

"Okay well...I meant what I said on the phone the last time we talked." I started.

"No you didn't." He simply stated and got up to throw his trash away.

"How you gone tell me what I meant?" I chuckled and followed him into my kitchen.

"Come on. We both know you not over your ex and that's just facts." He leaned against my counter.

"No that's just fiction. I am over him."

"No you're not and that's okay." He laughed. "Don't force something just because you want to get over your ex."

"But I'm not forcing anything. I do want to be with you." I tried to plead my case.

He gave me the "yeah right" face. "No you don't. Faith. I've been in love before and you're displaying how I was. You want and still love Dave. Yeah, he hurt you and you have every right to be mad, sad, upset, and whatever else, but you're not ready for another relationship and deep down, you don't want one. You want him." He stood up and patted my shoulder. "You, my friend. Are in love." He walked past me and sat on the couch.

All I could do was stand there dumb founded because I knew, deep down in my soul, that he was right. I just thought I was, and I wanted to be, over Dave. I walked in front of Brandon and looked down at him. "You're right." I told him. "I just don't want to get my heart broken again. I think that's what my fear is."

"Come here, kid." He stood up and hugged me. "I understand. I think he's a good guy though. He knows his mistakes. He acknowledged them. Now it's time to let him fix them. Make him work for it, but don't give the man a hard time if he's trying. Aight?" He pulled back and looked down at me.

"Aight." I gave him a tight hug. "This is why I took a liking to you. You're a great friend and I'm glad we crossed paths. Thank you. For everything."

"You know I got you. Love you, girl."

"Love you too." This wasn't like a emotional type of love, it was a friendship type of love. "Friends?" I asked him.

"Nah you my homie." He gripped my butt with both of his hands.

"Homies don't do that." I said and laughed.

He sighed. "I know. I just had to get that last one outta my system. Imma miss the booty." I pushed him and we both busted out laughing.

"You not funny." I said as our laughing died down. My phone vibrating made me grab it.

Mama 💟

Hey baby. Dave needs
a really big favor. Could
you unblock him so he can
call you?

Oh yeah. Lol my b.
Tell him to give me a call

I honestly forgot I blocked him. I went into my bedroom and laid down. About five minutes later my phone was ringing.

David 💙

I never changed his name. I picked up. "Hello."

"Hey Faith. Uh I know you don't owe me anything and I've done some trash ass shit, but I need you right now." For some reason, my heart fluttered. "Could you do me a huge favor?" He sounded nervous.

"Yeah. What's up?"

He blew out a breath, I guess in relief. "Can Kairi chill at your house for a little bit? I got some business at the label and I didn't want her there. I don't know what the meeting will intel." I nodded because I knew he was talking about smoking and drinking.

"Of course. I'll send you my address."

"Thanks, baby. I'll be there in a little bit." Baby?

We hung up and I sent him my address. I walked back into the living room and Brandon was laying on the couch, still shirtless. "Throw a shirt on, my boy. We have a young lady coming by."

"Who?" He took his eyes off of his phone and looked over at me.

"Kairi. Dave's daughter."

"Uh huh. See. Look at you. Watching your stepdaughter. Progress girl. Progress." He stood up and walked over to the window.

"Looks like he's here." He smirked at me and walked into my room. I low key wish I would have given him some before we deemed ourselves friends. Mm.

I shook the thoughts out of my head and made my way downstairs to meet him outside. I sent him a text to let him know I was coming down. I took the elevator down to the first floor and walked through the lobby, outside.

I knocked on his window so he could unlock the door. "What's up." I said when I got in.

He nodded his head. "Her stuff is in the back." His aura was off to me. I took a closer look at him and noticed his nose was red. He wasn't looking at me so I know somethings wrong.

"Hey." I tried to grab his attention, but he didn't turn to me. I grabbed him chin softly and turned his face towards me. "David what's wrong?" You can hear the concern in my voice. He's never vulnerable around me so I'm shocked.

He shook his head. "Nothing. I'm good." He sniffled and sat up. "I gotta get going." He looked forward.

"Oh. Yeah of course. My bad." I started to get out, but stopped. "Before we go, I should tell you, Brandon is upstairs." I continued before he could interrupt me. "BUT. We're not dating or anything. We're friends. So nothing is and will be going down up there. I'll be with her the whole time. You know I got her. Forever and always. Aight?" He nodded.

I got out and got Kairi and her stuff from the back. She was asleep. "Okay we shall see you later." I leaned down so he could give her a kiss from the driver window.

After that I made my way towards my building entrance. "Aye Faith." He called out from his car. I turned around. "You trynna roll with me somewhere tonight?

"I wasn't trying to be around a whole bunch of people tonight." I told him truthfully.

"Me neither." Oop. Well alright then.

I thought about it for a second. I wanted to say "no" to be petty and because I have Brandon here and he might have wanted to hang out, but then I had his words playing. Don't give him a hard time, if he's trying. So. I went with what Faith wanted to do.

"Okay." I nodded.

"Aight I'll be back around eight to get the both of y'all." I nodded and waved.

Am I getting a second chance with Dave?
—————
"Where you going? Dressed all grown." Brandon stood in my doorway while I slipped my shoes on. Kairi was just chilling on my bed, laying on her stomach with her feet in the air.

"B!" Kairi called out to him. She sat up and patted the spot next to her. She's taken a liking to him since they met. I think she has a crush on him.

He laughed and sat beside her. "Me and Miss.Kairi are about to leave. David should be here any minute. And grown? B. I'm wearing shorts and a t shirt. It's hot outside. Plus he said dress comfortable." I shrugged and placed a black fanny pack on my waist.

"You trynna get bent over, ain't you?" He smirked at me while Kairi started play fighting with him. "Oh you wanna fight? Shoot them thangs den." He blocked his head and would throw a soft slap to her arm while she threw constant hits. He's going to be a great husband and dad to someone. "Ah shit. Aight you win." He said after Kairi hit him with a mean right hook.

"That's exactly what you get. Ain't nobody thinking about sex." I laughed at his dumbass. "Come on Kai. Daddy's here." Brandon helped her put her shoes on then she followed behind me. I felt a tiny hand hit my butt. I turned around and looked down at her. "Dag on girl. Whatchu do that for?" I laughed with her. She heavy handed just like her dad.

"B told me do it." She covered her mouth from laughing so hard. I picked her up.

"Imma fuck you up." I mouthed to Brandon, smiling.

"You ain't gone do shit." He mouthed back to me.

Kairi got our attention because she started to mouth too, but I think she just wanted to do what we were doing. We laughed at her. "Say bye Kairi." I told her as we made our way to the door.

"Bye Bwandon." She spoke all cute.

"Bye lil mama." He kissed her little hand. She blushed and hid her face into my neck. All I could do was laugh. Her daddy is not going to like that.

"I'll see you later, B. Don't have nobody in my house." I told him walking out of the door.

"I know, nigga. Enjoy your date. I won't wait up."

"It's not a d-" he cut me off before I could finish.

"Love you. Byyye." He shut the door in my face and I heard him lock it.

Me and Kairi looked at each other. "Boys." We said at the same time. I walked us outside and Dave was out there waiting.

"Damn you just woke up?" He looked at me while he grabbed Kairi from my arms.

"No? I look that bad?" I started to feel silly. It wasn't like I put in any effort into what I put on and that's probably the problem. He thinks I look ugly.

"Stop doin that." He walked in front of me after he buckled Kairi in. "You don't look bad. I was just making a joke. You know. Making sure there's no awkwardness between us."

"Oh okay." I felt relieved. "Yeah we cool. Like the other side of the pillow." I moved from around him and got into his car. "So where are we going?" I asked when he got in.

"To da crib. You cool with that?"

"Mhm. Mhm. Mhm." I nodded. "Ain't nothing wrong with that." I'm surprisingly being kind of awkward right now. It's Dave. Why am I so nervous?

He placed his hand on my exposed thigh and I tensed up. "Relax." He started to rub it. These shorts are short so he's basically getting my whole bare thigh, since my shorts rolled up when I sat down.

"Sorry. I don't know why I'm being weird." He squeezed my thigh.

"Daddy. I have a boyfriend." Kairi said out loud. Dave bout slammed on the breaks. Dang it Kairi. Shaking my head. I hit the conceited face, looking out the window as if I didn't hear her.

"A what?!"

"Oo. A little loud there, buddy. Inside voices." I said. "Sure was a nice day today. Wasn't it? Did you have a good day, Kairi?" I threw out a couple things to shift the conversation. It's really an innocent thing, but Dave is definitely an over protective dad.

"You don't have a boyfriend, Kairi, and you can't have one until you graduate college. With your doctrines."

"Woah. That's a little far out there ain't it? How about her masters?" I joked.

"This ain't funny, Faith." He scowled me.

"It really is. It's not that serious." I laughed at his face.

"I do, daddy. His name Bwandon and he's cute."

"Brian? Oh wow. He sounds like a nice friend." I turned around to face Kairi with a smile. I put emphasis on Brian and friend.

"Noooo Faith. Bwan. Don. Your friend." She clapped when she separated his name. I'm so weak.

I put my finger on my chin to sell that I was clueless. "Brandon, Brandon." I mumbled. "I don't know no Brandon. You know a Brandon, bab- Dave? You know anyone by that name?" I tried to cover up my slip up.

"Stop playing, Faith. Why she think yo nigga is her boyfriend?" He directed that question to me. "He's not your boyfriend, Kairi and don't say that again."

"Dave calm down. It's an innocent crush. What's up with you?"

"Faith. Juice please." Kairi said. I reached back and grabbed her bag. I handed her, her juice and turned back around.

"Seriously. What's wrong? I didn't want to press it when you came by earlier, but I know something is wrong."

"Nothing." He was short with me.

"Nah something is wrong, but we'll talk when we get to your house."

We got to his house and got out. "Can we watch Frozen?" Kairi asked when we got through the front door.

I looked at Dave. We both dislike the movie. "How about The Princess and the Frog?" I asked her.

"What's that?"

I real life gasped. "Dave she hasn't seen The Princess and The Frog? What have you done to this child?" I looked at him with so much disappointment. "That's my favorite movie, if you didn't know already." I said to him. "Come on Kai. Let's go take your bath and get you dressed in your night clothes." She and I made our way upstairs to her room.
—————
Dave's POV

We're about thirty minutes into this movie and my mind is far from focusing on it. I want to be alone, but with a daughter that's not possible, and I know I need to talk about this or I'm going to act irrationally.

"Come talk to me." Faith said to me coming into the room with Kairi's food. "Here's your food Kai." She sat her pizza on her little table in my room. "We'll be right back. Okay?" Kairi nodded, while saying thank you, and focused on the movie.

I walked out of the room and led us to one of the guest rooms upstairs. I sat on the bed and she stood in front of me, leaned against the dresser. "So what's up? What's bothering you. We gotta pull up on somebody?"

"Calm down Tyson. You know damn well you've never been in a fight." I laughed at her. She always on go.

"When it comes to you and the girls, I'll always be on go. Period." She laughed.

I stopped laughing when I heard her say "girls". I started clenching my jaw and balling my fist up. I haven't had the chance to get my anger out. I can't fuck my frustrations out so I went with the next best thing. I got up and punched the bathroom door. I'm not stupid. These walls are solid in here.

"Yo." Faith came over to me. I sent another hit to the bathroom door. Two holes and the door is almost off the hinges. "David stop." She tried to pull me away from the door. I could hear the fear in her voice, but I didn't care right now.

"Move." I pushed her away from me and went back to my assault on this door. At least it's not a person. I kept going. Tears were streaming down my face. I was angry because of what that nigga said to me. I was angry that Millie fucking lied to me this whole time. And I was heartbroken because Kamilla wasn't mine.

"Dave I know you're angry about whatever happened, but please talk to me. I don't want you to hurt yourself. You can do all the talking and I'll just listen. Just let me help you. Let me be here for you." I heard Faith say behind me.

I finally stopped once I broke the door in half. I was breathing hard and sniffing. I turned around and saw how sad Faith was for me, without even knowing why. She walked up to me and hugged me. I dropped my head on her shoulder and cried. I don't cry like that, but I have every right to do so right now.

She led me to the bed after our ten minute embrace. She laid down beside me and let me lay my head on her chest while she whispered comforting words to me and softly rubbed my back. She kissed my temple periodically and that made me appreciate her even more than I did before.

It was then that I realized how bad I fucked up with her. She doesn't even know why I'm a mess right now, but she's here when she could be with the other guy. I broke her heart and she still cares enough to lift me up when I'm down. This right here, makes me love her way more than I did before and I'm feeling something I don't think I felt before.

"I'm in love with you, Faith." I mumbled before I drifted into sleep.
——————
Hola! Ya girl got a perfect score on her Spanish final exam! Looking like I'm finishing this semester with straight A's.

Anyways, you lovely people are awesome with the votes and comments. I don't ever give y'all a requirement for updates because I do this for fun, but I appreciate y'all!

Definitely will be giving you another lengthy update this week.....maybe even two. I'm just ready to get to the good stuff.

Thanks for reading 💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289K 11.8K 20
Zinna never experienced the joy of having a family or even having friends. She traveled around trying to drown out the loneliness she was feeling. Bu...
16.8K 986 37
In her day to day life Sana is a boss, she owns a multimillion dollar company. Sick of being bowed down to and sucked up to, she craves a different n...
48.7K 2.4K 19
short story!
180K 6.2K 31
What happens when Tiffany finds Dave? Read to find out ! Part 2 coming soon