Accaila - The Story of a She...

By yasmine739

I ran, I ran all day and night. I ran until my body gave up. But I didn't get away. They took me as their pr... More

1. Till my body gives up
2. An year later
3. Make Over
4.What are mates?
5. A place to stay
6. A Job please?
7. Dream Big
8. Trouble
9. A Romance Gone Wrong
10. The Next Morning
11. Party?
12. Party Crasher (literally)
13. Anger issues
14. Reflections
15. I'm starting to hate Birthdays
16. Spiderwebs
17. Steaming food and questionable statements
18. The shift
19. Aftermath
20. Letting it all out
21. Purple?
22. In the middle of it

23. The bird that weeped

1.5K 64 9
By yasmine739

The morning after, I woke up to the sound of a strange bird. It's screeching hoots echoed throughout the house. I tried to cover my ears with pillows to block it out, but the screams rang inside my head like a song on repeat. The noise was haunting. It casted a shadow over my mind and made my skin prickle like a cold winter morning. Nothing about the wild hoots were comforting or sweet. It hung like a warning in the bitter air.

Frustrated that the bird interrupted my sleep, I threw the bedsheets aside and dragged myself out of my bed. As I opened my bedroom door, I heard the downstairs door shut.

"I'll be back soon," Hunter shouted as he hurried outside, his voice growing distant as each moment passed.

As I washed up in the bathroom, the hoots remained in my thoughts. Staring into the wide mirror in front of me, a stranger reflected back. When I was taken, I didn't see myself for a whole year. And after my recent shift, I seemed to change even more. I didn't match my old vision of myself. The chubbiness in my cheeks was replaced by sharper cheekbones and a stronger jaw. My eyebrows and lashes grew into a thicker, darker shade. My nose seemed straighter and my lips weren't chapped. I also felt a lot taller as I bent over the sink to inspect my pore-less skin.

It felt strange to be looking at myself like this. I wasn't used to the habit and seeing my unrecognisable face made me feel like I was living in a strangers body.

Instead, I thought about what I could do with my time here at Hunter's hidden mansion. The Luna seemed busy most of the time and Hunter was barely home, always leaving to handle some business or to attend whatever an Alpha did on a daily. I missed my job, but I was grateful for the safety.

I walk downstairs, the strange bird's song still playing my head. It made me scared and sad all at the same time. The song echoed even more through the empty walls of the house. So, I decided to go for a walk, to clear my head and get rid of the strange feeling.

Outside, everything was quiet. A cool breeze blew past me and I pick up a strange smell. A smell that reminded me of iron and dirt. I sniffed again and the scent was stronger from my right. So, I followed it, inhaling every now and then to track the scent. Soon the scent mixed with a much more familiar and intriguing sensation... sandalwood. I quicken my steps and soon find myself in the scene of the crime, where a handful of people were gathered in a small circle.

A gasp escaped my lips when I saw the sight in front of me. A man was dead on the ground, blood and flesh spilling out of the fresh cut on his neck. The iron smell belonged to the pool of blood gathered on the black dirt.

I feel a presence beside me and I don't need to look to know who it is. An invisible current pulls me to him and my body warms up.

''Amber, you don't need to see this,'' says my mate from beside me. A protective hand wraps around my waist and pulls me in close. I don't resist because it feels too good, and for a moment I forget about the dead body in front of me.

''What happened?'' I ask, leaning my head back to rest on him. Now I definitely think I've gotten taller.

''Let's go for a walk,'' he replies. I'm about to ask him why but then I see all the eyes looking at me. The small group of people gathered is looking at me up and down. Even the one girl who was trying hard to hold back her tears was looking at Hunter and me. Some of them smiled, some of them bowed their head and some of them just stood still.

''Okay,'' I whisper. He lets go of my waist and takes a hold of my hand, leading us away from the scene. He leads me through a different path from where we came from. As we walk, the strong scent of iron fades and the familiar scent of Hunter clouds my head.

''Are you okay?'' He asks me, squeezing my hand. I look into his unusual eyes and nod.

''What happened back there?'' I ask again.

''There was an attack... by someone foreign. There was an obvious struggle and the wrong person suffered the consequences,'' he said, putting together words as he spoke.

''Are you okay?'' it was my turn to ask him.

''His name was Adam, and he was new at the job. They told me he was good enough to guard the premises, but I guess they were wrong. It hurts to lose a member of your pack, even if you didn't know him very well,'' he mumbles. 

''I'm sorry,'' is all I could come up with. ''Being an alpha must be hard.''

''It's challenging, but gets easier once you accept it,'' he says. There's a moment of silence as we keep walking. I look up to him and see that he's in deep thought. Even in a time like this, I can't help how attracted to him I am.

''You said that these were foreign attacks?'' I noted.

''Yeah, you don't need to worry about it though,'' he responded. Somehow, I got the feeling he was hiding something.

''What are you not telling me?'' I question. I look into his eyes, locking our contact so he can't lie. He stares back into mine with so much intimacy that I feel frozen. He finally sighs and looks away.

''I think they were here for you.''

''What!?'' I exclaim. Everything seemed to slow down, and I was stuck in a fast forward loop. I turn around and try to focus on something... anything. The animal asleep inside me was awake.

''I didn't want you to worry,'' Hunter begins. ''I've been getting new reports about strange sighting. New wolves... no rouges. Small groups of them. That night at the party, when I lost control, I had just fended off about five of them. But I couldn't save a pack member, my anger took over and I had no control.''

''I'm guessing it only started when I moved here,'' I assumed.

''Yes, a few days after you moved here. And when you told me about your past, it was easy to put two and two together,'' he admitted.

''I'm not worried,'' I assure him. ''I want revenge.''

I look at the dark green that surrounded us. I felt the sun seeping through the tall branches and hitting my face. The large t-shirt and shorts I was wearing made me too hot. A filter of violet passed through my eyes for a second before I blinked it away.

Hunter's hand took my free hand in his, turning me to face him.

''That's what I want too. But you're not ready yet.'' He says. ''Your shift is still tiring you down and you know barely anything about us. If you're going to fight them, you need to learn how to defend yourself.''

I look into his eyes and clam down a little bit, realising how lucky I am to cross paths with him.

''Will you help me?'' I ask, already knowing the answer.

He steps closer to me, his gaze burning me as I gulp and bite my lip nervously.  He lets go of my hands and starts to trail his finger up both my arms. The gesture makes me shiver on the inside and my stomach fills with butterflies. White sparks ignite wherever he touches.  When he reaches my shoulders, he lifts his hands and cups my jaws, tilting my head to look at him.

''Do you feel this Amber?'' he asks. I nod my head. ''You're not the only one on fire right now. Our souls are one. I share your pain, Amber. I will give you anything and everything you desire. My life is yours to throw away if you wish.''

He leans down and brings his lips to mine. I melt at his contact and everything else disappears. No one else exists, but us. No pain, no anger, no grief. Just us.

I kiss him back, leaning even more into him, never wanting to let go. My hands finally come to life and I wrap my hands around his torso. I pull away and rest my head in the crook of his neck. We stand there, holding each other.

''I'm sorry we met under the worst circumstances,'' he says after a long time.

''What do you mean?'' I ask.

''We didn't meet like most mates. If we were under different circumstances, I would be trying every trick in the book to make you fall head over heels for me,'' he replies.

''What makes you think I would even be in interested in you?'' I posed, letting go of him and taking a few steps away.

''You're interested in me now aren't you?'' he smirks.

''Nope,'' I simply reply.

''Really?'' he asks, striding toward me. Before he can grab me, I slip out of his reach and run. Hiding behind a tree, I hold my breath and listen carefully for any movements. When I hear absolutely nothing, I get worried that he might have actually left. So, I decided to peep around the truck of the tree. He's not there and I feel revealed but disappointed at the same time. I turn back around and jump when I see him standing right in front of me.
''Really?'' he repeats. I bite my lip nervously and walk backwards until my back hits the tree. He lifts his hand and places them on the tree, caging me between them. He raises an eyebrow and I gulp again.

''Maybe a little bit,'' I mumbled.

——————————————————————-

Wow!! The support I have got in the last few months is unimaginable.
To the people who have been voting and commenting, your love has encouraged me to keep writing.

Xx

Vote and comment if you liked this chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51K 2.3K 58
This is a story of my INCREDIBLE life! *Note the sarcasm people* My names Eve and I don't know what I'm here for. My pack hates me. Relationships su...
1.7K 8 22
"I have been waiting to meet my mate, My whole entire life..Why would you put your hands on me you are my mate." Talking through clenched teeth. He g...
104K 3.3K 26
Being a Human and Werewolf is not that hard as it seems. Well, that is what my mother said. My life is not what it seems is not normal is very compl...
3.2K 146 30
_A broken wolf_ I have longed for a mate. I yearned for love. Maybe my parents loved me, but I have no memory of either of them. My aunt never cared...