Need a Hand? ◦ myg. x jhs.

By ladyhope7

Yoongi is in need of a hand to hold and Hoseok just so happens to be a professional cuddler who specializes i... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Need a Hand?

3.8K 178 193
By ladyhope7

Note:

Hello there lovely, this is actually a twitter au I've been working on for the past month or so. You can find it on my twitter @ladyhobi7 or this link will take you straight to it~ https://twitter.com/ladyhobi7/status/1096214119789879297

I hope you enjoy~

__________________________________________________________________

Yoongi sighed as he settled into his studio chair, taking a sip of his now lukewarm coffee as he jostled the mouse a bit, causing the monitor screen to illuminate with life before opening up Cubase. It was just like any other day, he would start off with the last bit of dying energy his coffee would grant him in the morning, mess around with a song or two until he would become frustrated. Until the song refused to sound any better no matter what he added or changed or moved around. Just as Yoongi leaned back in his chair, rubbing his temple in frustration, his phone buzzed.

Namjoon: Hyung u want the usual 4 lunch?

Yoongi spared a moment to check the time, finding that it was actually a little past their usual lunchtime. He wondered if Namjoon was having the same difficulties he was having. Yoongi was about to reply when another message popped up on the screen first.

Jimin: isn't this kinda late? Don't u guys eat earlier then this?

Jin: well late or not my break just started

Jin: I'm coming over fools

Jungkook: TAKE ME TOO

Taehyung: NOOO Kookie if I have to suffer through this class then you're going to suffer with me!

Jimin: this is child abuse

Taehyung: *kissy face emoji*

Jimin: what is everyone's plans for tomorrow?

Jungkook: What's tomorrow again?

Jin: I'm busy.

Taehyung: THE DAY OF LOVE YOU FOOL

Namjoon: I've made a mistake by posting in this chat.

Jungkook: well since it's a special occasion

Jimin: don't you dare bring the Xbox to Tae and my apartment

Taehyung: (don't tell Minie but BRING IT KOOK)

Jungkook: Sure thing Jiminie hyung!

Jungkook: (I'll start packing it now Tae. Mission going as planned.)

Jimin: I can SEE your messages!

Jin: Well I have plans with my actual boyfriend tomorrow.

Namjoon: Jin hyung you're talking about me right? Are you talking about me?

Jin: Namjoon we've been dating for three years.

Namjoon: Yes but still

Yoongi: You're all hopeless. Yes the usual is fine Joon-ah.

Taehyung: Ooohhhhh look who finally joined in on the fun!

Jungkook: if anyone needs something to do tomorrow, it's gonna be Yoongi hyung hands down.

Jimin: very funny Kook.

Jin: that was actually pretty good Kookie!

Namjoon: I'm lost.

Yoongi: I'm lost pt.2

Taehyung: He said, "hands down" get it? Cus hyung is always trying to hold our hands?

Namjoon: Oh that's hilarious

Yoongi: I do in fact, NOT.

Jin: Um, you kinda do Yoongi-ah.

Jimin: Seconded!

Yoongi: I'm turning my phone off, Joon knock when you get food.

Jungkook: Yoongi hyung wait!

Yoongi quickly turned his phone off, sighing. He was hoping for a moment of relief, for comfort, something. Instead he got his five best friends making fun of him. Don't get him wrong, he loved them, loved them more than anything really, but sometimes, sometimes they could be, a bit more then he's willing to handle in any given moment.

Just then, a knock came from his studio door, and a familiar face popped through, "Yoongi hyung? I've got food and another hyung."

"Oh joy." Yoongi spoke but with a small smile as Namjoon and Seokjin make their way into his studio.

Seokjin plopped himself down on the couch, already digging into the take out Chinese noodles that had been their so called, 'usual' as Namjoon handed Yoongi his share, "It is a joy, happy galentine's day by the way."

"Galentine's day?" Yoongi questioned as Namjoon went to join Seokjin on the couch.

"Yah Yoongi, just how out of touch with the youth are you?" Seokjin questioned, popping his feet on the coffee table in front of them and leaning into Namjoon's side as the two ate.

Yoongi smirked, "You know I am younger than you, right?"

Seokjin rolled his eyes as Namjoon spoke with a dimple filled smile, "Galentine's day is like, valentine's day but, for the gals."

"And we're dudes." Yoongi pointed out lamely.

"Gay dudes." Seokjin defended, and Yoongi nodded, "Point taken."

"You know," Seokjin started after a moment, "What are your plans for tomorrow Yoongi-ah?"

Yoongi narrowed his eyes with cheeks full of noodles, "I am not third wheeling your valentine's day date."

Namjoon made a face, looking accusingly towards Seokjin, "Ew, please no! Hyung he can't come-"

"In no world would I be inviting Yoongi to our date night, the locals would be too concerned thinking that two grown men are taking their angsty teenage son out in public." Seokjin defended himself.

Despite the verbal sword in his chest Yoongi laughed along with Namjoon and Seokjin, "First of all, just because I'm short doesn't mean I look like a kid!"

"Anyway," Seokjin quickly changed the topic as their laughter died down, "Back to what I was trying to say. Yoongi-ah since you don't have any plans tomorrow, I have an idea for you."

"An idea." Yoongi echoed.

Seokjin nodded, "But you have to keep an open mind alright? Have you ever heard of professional cuddling?"

"What?!" Namjoon questioned, almost choking on his noodles.

"Never in my life." Yoongi spoke deadpan, not liking the direction the conversation was heading.

"Well," Seokjin smirked, "You have now. And I just so happened to be on the website the other day and they're having a valentine's day sale, I think it would be good for you to give it a try, yeah?"

"No." Yoongi said immediately.

But Namjoon's features changed, the youngest tentatively speaking, "You know hyung, that might actually not be a bad idea?"

"You're just agreeing with him because he's your boyfriend." Yoongi stated quickly.

Causing Seokjin to sigh in frustration, "Look I'm not saying you have to. All I'm saying is to give it a chance, yeah? It might make you a little less...I don't know, Joonie what's the word I'm looking for?"

"Bitter?"

"Bitter! Yes. Less bitter about this whole dating and love thing." Seokjin supplied.

Yoongi groaned as he continued eating, the other two laughing along, "You're both ridiculous."

And like that, their lunch time passed with the friendly and playful banter that their group had always fallen into so easily before Namjoon returned to his studio across the hall and Seokjin to his office a block away.

Yoongi had almost forgotten about the whole conversation until another rut in his song came up and his phone was buzzing again, quickly he spared a moment to check it.

Seokjin: Yoongi-ah, here's the link.

Seokjin: Just think about it ;)

Seokjin: [Link Attached]

Yoongi sighed, deciding to click the link, after all, what's the worst that could happen? It wasn't like he was actually going to go through with it. On the website, despite being told it was a thing, Yoongi was actually surprised. There really were professional cuddlers, and it was...

Expensive.

But, the valentine's day deal of 40% off made it significantly cheaper. Significantly more affordable-

But he was definitely, not going to request a professional cuddler. He quickly moved his thumb to exit out of the application when something caught his eye. "Specialties – Hand-holding" And curiosity got the best of him, just taking a look, Yoongi decided to explore the professionals specializing in hand-holding. Surprisingly, there were many.

But there was one who caught his eye after filtering through pages of professionals. A boy with orange hair and a heart shaped smile with ocean deep dimples on each side, the boy looked to be about his age and...as far as Yoongi could tell, he seemed pretty normal.

Or maybe his attention was drawn to the funny but not really funny bio written by the boy,

"Need a Hand?"

Yoongi snickered as he took a moment to think through the pros and cons of the situation. The pros, he deduced, would be the kids getting off of his back for once and it would make Seokjin and Namjoon happy at least. The cons, he would have to hold someone's hand for two hours.

Well, it's just two hours. He finally came to the conclusion as he quickly booked the boy, "Jung Hoseok" for the next day and hoped that he wouldn't regret it.

__________________________

Yoongi followed through the motions, every day seemed to be a similar version of each and every other day. Wake up, clean up, make coffee, go to work, cue angsty musical frustration, eat with friends, back to angsty musical frustration, go home, wash, rinse, repeat.

And he had no plans for that to change as he sat down in front of the computer, jostling his mouse to wake up the screen as he took a hardy sip of his coffee, a little sweeter than yesterday, when he got a message.

Unknown: Hello! My names Jung Hoseok, we have a cuddle appointment today and I know I'm a few minutes early but I'm afraid I'm not sure where you are? I'm currently in the lobby of the buildings address you gave in the booking ^^

Yoongi's eyes flew open, he'd completely forgotten about the appointment he'd made yesterday and inwardly groaned as he checked the time. Apparently a 'few minutes early' to this Jung Hoseok fellow was exactly 32 minutes. Yoongi pinched his nose as he sighed, another text came through.

Unknown: If you could kindly tell me which floor and which room we're meeting in, I can meet you there in a jif~

This gave reason for Yoongi to scuff, and maybe chuckle. Because really, who says "jif" anymore? Quickly, Yoongi began to type the inevitable, exactly 31 minutes earlier then expected now.

Yoongi: You're early.

Unknown: Better early than never! :)

Yoongi: I'm pretty sure that's not the saying...

Yoongi: But you're in the lobby you said?

Unknown: Yes!

Unknown: I have to say, it is a pretty exquisite lobby. You guys must really work hard here huh?"

Yoongi smirked despite himself, a small swell of pride rising in his chest.

Yoongi: You could say that.

Yoongi: Stay where you are, I'll meet you there.

Hoseok: Aye aye captain!

Yoongi found himself chuckling again, before quickly making his way out of the studio and down the elevator. Taking deep breaths and reminding himself that whatever happens, it's just two hours. He can do this.

When the elevator doors open again, it's to the lobby. And Yoongi finds it relatively empty save for the boy with orange hair playing on his phone in one of the oversized couches, an objectively adorable pout painted on his lips.

That has to be him.

Yoongi made his way over to the boy, "Jung Hoseok?" Causing the younger to look up, startled with wide eyes before his expression melted into a heart shaped smile that seemed to glow more in real life then online.

"Yes! And you must be Min Yoongi-ssi?"

"Yeah." Yoongi spoke as he noticed the younger man's outstretched hand towards him, quickly Yoongi met him half way in a handshake. Not missing the way their hands fit together, Yoongi's larger and veiner hands contrasting greatly with Hoseok's smaller and longer ones, but somehow fitting. "So, um. Follow me?"

Hoseok nodded, retracting his hand with a smile that seemed to paint stars in his eyes, "You're the boss!"

And Yoongi lead them to the elevator, an awkward kind of silence developing between them as the floors passed by until Hoseok started, rather abruptly, "So what do you do? Do you work here?"

"Um, yeah." Yoongi started, eyes focused on the gage above the doors indicating the floors they passed, "I'm a musical engineer. But you could just say I'm a producer."

"Woah...that's so cool." Hoseok spoke, and Yoongi could almost see the awe in the boys eyes. "So you're like, a music producer for one of the most prestigious entertainment companies in Seoul?"

Yoongi shrugged as they finally reached their floor, walking through the doors as they opened, "It wasn't always like that. When I started working here, we had maybe like, five employee's? Maybe seven, it's been years though."

Hoseok hummed, and a moment later replied as they made their way down the hallway, "That must be hard then."

Yoongi narrowed his brows in confusion as he stopped in front of his studio door, entering the passcode, "What must be hard?"

"You know, building up a company like this. It probably took a lot of time and effort, and I'm guessing you haven't been putting that same amount or even close to the amount of time and effort into yourself." Hoseok spoke thoughtfully as they made their way into Yoongi's studio.

"You sound like you're diagnosing me. I'm not some old creepy man who needs a hug."

Hoseok laughed, "Hey there's nothing wrong with that." Before whistling, "Is this your office?"

Yoongi made his way to the chair in front of the monitor, taking a seat and waking up the computer for the second time that day, "Yeah, it's not an office though, more like a studio. So listen," He spoke as he turned in his chair to look at Hoseok again, who was standing a bit awkwardly in the middle of the room, "I'm not trying to be rude here, but I just booked an appointment so that my friends would stop nagging me. I'll still pay you the full amount, but you can, uh, you can just hang out here? Like on the couch or something for two hours?"

Hoseok looked at him funny for a moment, "Are you...are you sure? I wouldn't feel right charging you for that though...I mean if that's what you want-"

"It is what I want." Yoongi finished for him, wanting to hurry and get back to work, "Maybe play on your phone or something? Don't worry about the money." He spoke before turning around in his chair to stare back at his computer, "But I'm not paying you for the extra thirty minutes."

Hoseok chuckled behind him and it was...a sweet sound. It reminded him of the coffee he had earlier that was just a tad bit sweeter than usual. But it didn't take long to practically forget Hoseok was there at all as Yoongi lost himself in the music he was producing. Well, trying to produce. It wasn't his fault that the sounds just weren't working out the way he wanted them too. He sighed, trying another sequence of chords that might just do the trick, playing the song back from the top-

And no. That didn't work either.

Yoongi sighed, squeezing his eyes shut as he rubbed his temple with one hand, the other mindlessly picking at the flaking leather on the armrest of his chair. This wasn't working, nothing, seemed to be working. But maybe this was a sign? Maybe this was the message from the universe telling him he's done, lost his touch, the golden days are long behind him now, his mind began reeling. Spiralling and going down, down, down, until,

Yoongi snapped his eyes open in surprise, finding Hoseok sitting beside him on the ground, a gentle, and maybe nervous smile on his lips as he gently laid his hand atop Yoongi's own on the chair's armrest. It was quiet, perhaps a bit awkward, and Yoongi was ready to snatch his hand away before Hoseok began drawing comforing shapes onto Yoongi's skin with his thumb.

And, well, Yoongi's resolve to move his hand away from the kind gesture began to die down more with each second that passed.

Hoseok spoke first, quiet, "Tell me if you'd like me to stop..." He hesitated, eyes on their hands, "Or if you'd like me to do more."

Yoongi didn't know what to say, he didn't know what he himself actually wanted in that moment. So he settled for a deep breath, and brought his attention back to his computers monitor, using his other hand to work. Trying to ignore the small comfort that seemed equivalent to a deep breath, or a cool breeze on a humid day, that Hoseok's hand gave him. Gentle circles tracing his veins, claiming him.

Again, Yoongi lost himself in his work. But it was with a clearer mind this time, a gentler sigh. Which is why it came as a surprise when an alarm went off suddenly. Yoongi turned towards Hoseok, finding that their hands had somehow moved to interlace their fingers together in a holy palmers kiss. Hoseok looked up towards him, a sheepish smile on his cheeks as he waved his phone with the timer, "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. That was just the ten minute bell."

"Ah, so I let you go in ten minutes, right?" Yoongi asked, and if he sounded deflated in his voice, Hoseok didn't mention it.

The boy just nodded, "Yep, so, since there's only ten minutes left do you..."

"Hoseok I've got to work-"

"Do you want a hug?" Hoseok interrupted him quickly, "I mean, my specialty is hand-holding but I also give really good hugs. I mean, everyone's different and it depends on what kind of hug you're looking for but I mean not to toot my own horn but if I could give myself a hug then I wouldn't say no-"

"Oh my god-" Yoongi broke through Hoseok's rambling, "If I let you give me a hug will you stop talking sixty miles an hour?"

Hoseok smirked, getting up quickly and holding his arms out wide, open and ready, "I'm here to serve!"

Yoongi sighed, giggling, because really, today was supposed to be like any other day. Normal. Not with a cute boy in his studio, arms wide, asking nothing more than a hug. And also Yoongi's money but still, a hug. Hoseok cleared his throat and nudged Yoongi's knee with his toe before the boy got up from his chair, and joined Hoseok's embrace.

The first thing Yoongi registers, is how his face fits perfectly in the crook of Hoseok's neck, and how Hoseok in turn, nesles right up into Yoongi's own. Hoseok's arms wrapping around him tight, but not too tight, like a weightful reminder around him that he's there. He's real and in the moment, he's held. Taken care of. Loved. Safe.

Yoongi didn't know why he felt the pressure build behind his eyes with the escape of a relieved sigh as he wrapped his own arms just as tightly around Hoseok. Yoongi tried to keep it together, to not fall apart completely in this strangers arms-

"It's okay to cry, you know." Hoseok's voice was soft, muffled by Yoongi's shirt, "Lots of people do. I'm here for you, anything you want or need. I'm here to talk, to listen, to hold, to comfort, whatever you need, I'll be that for you."

Yoongi tightened his arms around Hoseok, telling himself it was because he didn't want the other suddenly leaving the embrace and finding Yoongi, a grown ass man, with tear streaks painting his cheeks. Telling himself it wasn't because Hoseok smelled like honey and lavender, and his warmth radiated that of the spring sun after a harsh winter.

Hoseok's hand traveled up to hold the back of Yoongi's head and rub soothing circles into the boys back as Yoongi's form started to shake. Every fiber in his being trying to fight the oncoming sobs, but when Hoseok started to sway them back and forth slowly, humming some unknown tune under his breath, the final string broke.

Why was Yoongi sobbing into a complete strangers shoulder? This stranger who knew virtually nothing of him and who he knew nothing of. Nothing, other than the fact that Hoseok's hugs really were something special. He knew deep down it wasn't true, that the timer would go off again and the warmth, the comfort, the safety, would leave him to the bitter cold and the loneliness that he'd found refuge in after all these years. But at least in this moment, with his cries slowly dying down, only a hiccup and stray tear every so often now, in Hoseok's arms, he really did feel special. Like he was worth something more, like he really was special.

And a moment was all it took, for the calm to start to flow through his veins, for him to follow the melody of Hoseok's humming through the vibrations in his chest, for the warmth to grant him a home full of sunflower smiles that smelled of lavender and honey.

But he still had work to do, and it didn't seem like Hoseok was going to let up any time soon. So Yoongi, rather reluctantly, moved away from the embrace, slowly, as if he would burn the other, or maybe himself, if he left it too fast.

Hoseok met him with a smile that matched the warmth of his arms, "How do you feel?"

Yoongi smiled back, feeling his gums show but not finding a reason to care, he felt refreshed, he felt whole, he felt, "Better."

"Good." Hoseok's smile was smaller, dimmer, like the sunset as he continued to gently run a hand comfortingly across Yoongi's forearm while the other loosely held Yoongi's other hand. "I should probably get going, I've got a few other appointments today but..." He hesitated, slowly and gradually releasing his hands from Yoongi, leaving the elder to feel like a lost ship in the ocean, "If you ever need a hug, or a hand to hold, you can always give me a call, yeah?"

Yoongi nodded, not knowing what to do with his exposed hands now, settling for stuffing them in his jean pockets, "Sorry for all, uh...all that."

But Hoseok giggled, waving him off, "It happens a lot, don't be sorry." He shrugged, "It's scientifically proven that we kinda need human touch to survive, and when we go too long without it, it's only natural."

"But still," Yoongi tried, "I'm a grown man, I shouldn't be falling apart like that."

Hoseok looked towards him with something unreadable in his eyes, before starting, "You being a grown man, doesn't make you any less of a human. And last time I checked, I'm pretty sure feeling emotion and all that stuff is a pretty human trait to have." He smirked, making his way to the door, "Sorry to say but it seems you're stuck with this species and all it's unnecessary yet kinda necessary emotion."

Yoongi rolled his eyes, laughing, "Wow, poetic."

"I try." Hoseok smirked, his hand on the handle, "Just give me a call, or text me if you ever want to schedule something again in the future. You can also check the website again too, I know I'm not the best at some things so if you like someone else who's better-"

"I'll stick with you." Yoongi cut him off, perhaps a little faster and more forceful then he intended, but he couldn't find it within himself to care, "You're selling yourself short Hoseok, your hugs are pretty top-tier I must say."

With this, Yoongi could swear he'd seen fireworks light up in Hoseok's dark brown eyes. "I'll probably see you again then, Yoongi-ssi!"

Yoongi smiled as he gave a small wave as the boy opened the door and walked through, "Yeah, we'll see."

With one last smile, Hoseok was gone, leaving the door to shut slowly behind him. Yoongi took a moment to just breath, there were a million and one things running through his mind but the most prominent, the one that over flooded the rest, was just how nice that whole ordeal had been. Maybe what Hoseok was saying was right, that humans really do crave physical touch and he had just been away from it for too long.

Or maybe, Yoongi thought, as he returned to his desk and checked the time, finding it to be thirty minutes after the time they were supposed to end. Yoongi opened his phone and hurriedly checked his email, expecting to be billed for three hours instead of two, only to find that he wasn't charged for three or two, just one.

Yoongi chuckled, shaking his head. Maybe, it was just the boy who's smile could light up any dark room, who's kindness rolled off his shoulders in waves and the warmth following suit.

Maybe, maybe it was just Hoseok.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 246 1
Taegi are just pining for each other + a bunch of tension (canon compliant, tension, sleep in same bed, miscommunication, hand holding to make up, ev...
11.7K 669 25
After an accident, Yoongi was left paralyzed from the waist down. Being his misfortune he picked up drawing and loved to draw the scenery outside of...
2.8K 270 50
Meet Hoseok a new talented and rich girl but acts simple around others at school.. What happens when she manages to steal attention from this grumpy...
29.2K 2.6K 39
"what time is it?" "time to accept my love for you, dimwit." min yoongi just wants to cuddle and sleep and finally tell mr. jung-dense-hoseok how he...