Prince of Knights (An Arabic...

By TheQueenofDarkness

Winner of the 'Readers Choice Award' in Historical Fiction. Winner of the 'Readers Choice Award' in Spiritua... More

MUST read if you want to read further :)
Prince of Knights (A Muslim's Love Story)
Prince of Knights Chp1
Prince of Knights Chp2
Prince of Knights Chp3
Prince of Knights Chp4
Prince of Knights Chp5
Here to answer Questions.
Prince of Knights Chp6
Prince of Knights Chp7
Prince of Knights Chp8
20 facts about the Queen.
Prince of Knights Chp9
Prince of Knights Chp10
Prince of Knights Chp11
Prince of Knights Chp12
Prince of Knights Chp13
Prince of Knights Chp14
Prince of Knights Chp15
Prince of Knights Chp16
Prince of Knights Chp17
Prince of Knights Chp18
Prince of Knights Chp19
Prince of Knights Chp20
Prince of Knights Chp21
Prince of Knights Chp22
Prince of Knights Chp23
Prince of Knights Chp24
Prince of Knights Chp25
Prince of Knights Chp26
Prince of Knights Chp27
Final decision
Prince of Kights Chp28
Prince of Knights Chp29
Prince of Knights Chp30
Prince of Knights Chp31
Prince of Knights Chp32
Prince of Knights Chp33
Prince of Knights Chp34
Book Cover!
Prince of Knights Chp35
Prince of Knights Chp36
Prince of Knights Chp37
Prince of Knights Chp38
Prince of Knights Chp39
Prince of Knights Chp40
Prince of Knights Chp41
Prince of Knights Chp42
Eagle of Knights
Prince of Knights Chp43
Prince of Knights Chp44
Prince of Knights Chp45
Prince of Knights Chp46
Nominated for Best Spiritual book
Prince of Knight Chp47
Prince of Knights Chp49
Prince of Knights Chp50
Prince of Knights Chp51
Prince of Knights Chp52
Prince of Knights Chp53
Here to help Muslim Authors
Prince of Knights Chp54
Prince of Knights Chp55
Prince of Knights Chp56
Prince of Knights Chp57
Prince of Knights Chp58

Prince of Knights Chp48

33.1K 2.5K 636
By TheQueenofDarkness

Hey guys! I know it has been an eternity since I update, but I am back. 

There were times I gave up and thought I CAN'T do this anymore. I want to stop now too, but the comments and encouragement I get urged me to write. Hope you like this chapter even though my writing has become rusty. 

_____________________________

*~"My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there." ~*

Shouq wiped her tears as she left Abdullah's house and made her way to her Father's house. If Faris does not inform Raghad of what has occurred an uproar shall emanate which no one can extinguish. She wiped her tears again and pushed open the wooden door and marched towards Faris's chamber. Her heart thudded inside her chest from terror and exhilaration of what she was about to commit.

"What is the matter, Shouq. Why do you weep?" Fahad's voice interrogated as she marched past him. The sister shook her head in response as she made her way to Raghad's chamber.

At last, when she was in front of the wooden door she did not knock pushed it open and sauntered inside her eyes searching for Raghad. In the dimly lighted room, Shouq found her sister-in-law sitting next to a shelf looking dejected. "Raghad." She called out attempting to tranquil the tremor in her voice. She observed as Raghad lifted her head and stared without uttering a word. "I have something I must speak with you before it is too late before another carnage arises."

"What do you mean?" The bride slowly rose to her feet, puzzled.

Shouq could not wait any longer, every second felt like an eternity. "Tell me why does a being like Faris, a man who is known to have no heart, a man even my own father, Sheikh Mubarak dreads has till this day not harmed you as most men in this kind of matrimonial would?" She moved forward breathless.

"Harmed me! Look at me Shouq. Look at what that fiend has committed." Raghad hissed feeling her veins make their way to her throat and strangle her.

"I know what has occurred. I am aware of your tale as well as my brother's," at the mention of Faris, the bride frowned incensed.

"Shouq I do not wish to speak of it," the bride made to give her back to Shouq, but, the Borkan took a few steps and gently grabbed Raghad's hand to face her again.

"No. You will listen to me as I have done so for the past moons." She disregarded the glare Raghad sent towards her and clenched her teeth. 

Raghad chuckled with tears of fury in her brown eyes. "And I suppose this is the price I shall pay."

"We all are paying a cost for a deed none of us has committed." Shouq inhaled and Raghad dropped her head in defeat. A few seconds ticked by and finally she articulated the words. "He was poisoned," at this, the bride's head shot up. "Marwan is a notorious burglar in these lands and a Sheikh of a small tribe. The man visited the Borkan tribe carrying a mysterious gift with him, a gift which had the ability to cloud a man's mind to such an extent that he would even attempt to dishonor his own bride."

Raghad snatched her hand from Shouq's grip infuriated. "Enough Shouq! I did not take you for someone who would lie."

"By Allah, I would dare not lie. Not when the man we thought had a deceased heart gazed at you as if you are his entire world."

Raghad gasped and stepped back. " Yes, Raghad. You ponder we are unconscious of the transformations in him. He is my brother, the blood that courses in his veins is the same as mine the least I can do is to be attentive of him, " Shouq rested her hands on Raghad's shoulders. "When he came here yesterday the poison had already taken control over his form. Even though Faris was under a hazardous spell he stopped Raghad, the man, your spouse stopped from tarnishing you and himself." Shouq watched as the bride fell on her knees with her hands eclipsing her face.

"Stop. I beg of you. Please, Shouq."

"Forgive me Raghad I cannot. If I do not divulge matters to you no one will."

Raghad shook her head rocking her form back and forth. Shouq knelt before her and moved her hands away. "A few hours ago, when he came to you, he did not recall much of it. My beloved Faris believed that he-" Shouq shook her head unable to finish. "Even I pondered the same until you informed me that he stopped. " Shouq felt a single drop of tear trickle down her cheek.

She watched as Raghad's hand clasped her jalabiya over her heart. It was as if her heart sought to join with his, desired to spill its blood in it and scream its suffering. "It hurts here. I cannot forget it. I- I cannot breathe just when I had accepted him, accepted my destiny. I cannot forget the immoral look in his eyes." Shouq's lips wobbled at the sight. "I cannot survive here anymore. I cannot confront him." Raghad breathed.

"Then tell me can you endure without the man you have come to love, Raghad?" Shouq demanded. "Do not fill a cup to such an extent that it spills and drowns you in it."

Raghad shook her head again. "It is because I have come to love him most ardently that I cannot reside in this tribe anymore." The desert opened its arms for Raghad, encasing her misery within its chest. It ushered the wind to knock on her window to loot her pain to shoulder her worries.

"You must speak to him. Faris is leaving the tribe to kill Marwan. If he is not stopped, ya Raghad, I cannot guarantee that he shall return unharmed. Marwan's tribe is notorious for its assassinations and wrongdoings and Faris is confronting him all alone." 

"Do not ask too much of me. The wounds in my heart have not knitted yet."

"Would you rather be a widow?" They stared at each other. "I beg of you, go to him. Stop him for only you can do that." Shouq grabbed her hands. 

"I cannot." Tears burned her big brown eyes.

"I will stand by you. Every step you take you shall find_" Shouq halted when the door of the room was pushed open to reveal a terrified-looking Fahad.

"Stop them before they slaughter each other. I beg of you." He yelled, shaking.

"Ya Allah." Both Raghad and Shouq leaped to their feet and sprinted out of the room towards the main wooden doors.

**

"What has happened here yesterday?" Came a voice that turned Faris's blood cold. He hissed under his breath, clenched his fist to conceal the quiver in them and finally turned around to meet the person he had invited yesterday.

Badr.

A pit formed in Faris's stomach as he turned to face Badr. Badr, the man he had once yearned to annihilate, however, now looking at him dressed in a white thobe, Badr was the man Faris Mubarak al Borkan dreaded. He knew he was guiltless, but the agony of what he did slashed at his heart. He remembered now seizing her delicate shoulders in a harsh grip. Faris recalled how he attempted to force Raghad when all she did was to plead him desperately with tears in those eyes he treasured so much.

Unexpectedly, he felt as if spiders commenced to crawl on his skin as if the blade that hung around his waist tunneled into his skin and swallowed his blood. Raghad's brother. The man he had once loathed, however, seeing after what had happened there was something in Faris that shuddered something that bowed its head within his heart and caused moist to welcome his palms.

The knight of knights stared at him, in his eyes and there he saw a sea, an ocean so ferocious it could drown Faris with just one wave and that one wave was a woman with big brown eyes. Badr's eyes narrowed a little at his lack of response and here Faris took a step forward to greet him, but before he could utter a word Abdullah stepped forward and shook eagle of knights' hand.

"Salam Alaikum ya Faris."

The knight of knights swallowed and gave a nod of his head. "Peace be upon you, ya Badr." Silence, a small moment of silence in which the wind ceased its movement the trees dug deeper into the earth seeking refuge.

"Do tell us what has occurred yesterday?" As he pronounced the question, Badr kept his eyes on Faris.

Knight of knights clenched his fist. "A fool attempted to poison me, ya Badr."

At this Badr took a step forward, the abrupt transformation of expression on his face caused Abdullah to step back. "What are you saying?" He looked from Faris to Abdullah then back to the prince of knights. "Who would dare do such an outrageous deed?"

"Marwan," Faris replied feeling his veins compress at the name.

"The fraudulent burglar? What on earth was he doing here in your tribe?" Badr's brows knit together. There was a sensation within him roaring that what he was about to hear would devastate him terribly.

"Plotting against you. Requesting my help with cutting your head," Faris verbalized his voice rough.

"What kind of poison was it?"Badr moved his form towards Faris again. The knight of knights comprehended the man's question.

"One that perturbs the brain and causes loss of memory?" He could not lie; Faris could not lie to the brother who knew that something was appallingly amiss.

"You are going to kill him?" Badr interrogated looking at his sword, at Tufan.

"Indeed."

"Is this the reason why you cannot look me in the eye, prince?" Badr demanded.

Faris did not reply he allowed his silence to give Badr the response he needed.

Swiftly, the eagle of knights stepped forward so that he was inches away from Faris who clenched his fist attempting to remain in control. "What did you do to her?" At this, the demons in his heart reminded him of what had occurred, and he felt his hand tremble. Indeed, he did not ruin her, but he had committed a sin a dreadful sin that a man like himself would rather perish than commit.

"Nothing. The knight did nothing to your sister his bride." Abdullah defended putting a hand on Badr's shoulder.

"Is that so? Then let us hear him pronounce the words." He snarled. No one had dared to harm his Raghad during his watch. Then how does this world, that mighty sun expects Badr to remain hushed and not slit Faris's throat? By Allah, it tore him when Raghad was named Faris's spouse, however, he shall not remain speechless anymore.

"What is it that you wish to hear?" Faris stood to his full height when he perceived the man place his hand on the hilt of his sword.

"Did you harm Raghad?" Badr growled in an unfathomable voice and stood face-to-face with Faris.

Faris inhaled then gave a nod of his head. At this Badr hissed and drew out his sword. "Ya Sheikh!" Abdullah stuttered, petrified well aware that if these two engaged into a battle, no one, by Allah, no one but death can stop them. Faris took a step back without drawing his sword, this was the moment he had desired all his 32 summers, but now he did not know what to do. To execute Badr or to allow the Rashideen to slaughter him.

"I told you, Borkan. I warned you on countless occasions to not harm her." Badr hissed. Faris's eyes turned murky at the reminder, he did not harm her. He did not harm the woman who resided in his heart even when satan surged in his blood. All this time he had done nothing but guard her, he shielded her even from himself.

Badr charged forward like a leopard a deranged being who had, at last, evaded his humanity. The eagle of knights lifted his sword to slit Faris's throat in a single attempt that is when the Borkan drew his own glorious sword and blocked the attack. The spectators gathered around these notorious beasts leaped back when their swords clung igniting sparks. Nassir shoved the people who had congregated and gasped at the sight before him. He desired to throw himself in the battle, but wavered, by Allah, he knew that those men were beyond his capabilities. He knew Faris did not need his aid for he was his master, their leader.

Nassir surveyed as his brother only dodged the strikes without attacking back. He frowned. Faris was not attacking he was merely blocking the terrifying blows that came at him like a serpent. Why wasn't his brother attacking? Why was Badr here endeavoring to murder Faris his sister's spouse?

The wind enveloped the knights in its incantation and twirled around them taking sand with it. Nasser took a step forward heart pounding against his chest when Badr kept charging without a pause which caused Faris to back away from the inhuman strength and almost give in to his fate. Why was he not fighting back? Why on earth was Faris permitting Badr to demean him in such a drastic manner? Nasser knew no men on these lands could defeat Faris, then what on earth was going on?

The world swayed in a dreamy trance before him. Nasser watched as his brother dodged another vicious attack. He watched the hair that touched Faris's shoulders sway every time he moved his sword watched his thobe tangle and untangle around his feet. Then his eyes landed on Faris's sword, the sharp edge of his blade did not face Badr, Faris held his sword in a manner that the sharp edge faced him. Nasser took a few steps but did not unsheathe his sword for this was Faris's battle and he as the younger sibling could not interfere.

The wind opened its wind and flapped them as if loosened from its chains. It swath it's prepossessing Faris and magnificent Badr in a cloak attempting to soothe their wrath with its hushed spell. However, when it failed the sky urged clouds to shield the sun and dribbled drops of rain soaking the land and the hearts of spectators.

"Lift your sword. Fight back!" Badr bellowed pushing at Faris's chest.

"You do not know what you are asking for, Badr." Faris hissed getting a hold of Badr's wrist and twisting it.

"You know what she means to me. I told you what would occur if you touched her." When Nasser heard those words he grimaced, muddled.

"Indeed, you did, and no harm came to her." Knight of Knights, at last, lifted his sword and made his first attack which Badr stopped with absolute ease. "You must listen to me, Prince. You know as well as I do that you cannot behead me, nor will you hurt a hair on my head."

"Enough Faris. I gave you innumerable chances and warning. I attempted to walk alongside you, by Allah I did, and you_" Badr barked twirling his sword in such a hazardous manner that Nasser sprinted towards them knowing if this strike hit Faris his brother would not make it.

This blow will kill him.

The sky wept harder as the sword made its way to Faris craving for his warm blood. Before Nasser could stop Badr before Faris could move away from the sharp weapon, a figure garbed in a dark jalabiya ran towards them tears streaming down her face and stood between Faris and Badr. With her back to Faris, her brother, Shouq Mubarak al Borkan faced Badr.

"Sheathe your sword prince," her voice quivered, and fists clenched. "If you do not all shall perish for you stand in your foe's tribe." 

___________________________________________

I know the suspence is thrilling and killing. I had fun writing it.  In sha Allah I will try to update soon this time and not vanish for a century. 

Follow the queens_realm my insta to get news and update. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

468K 36.5K 40
WINNER OF READERS CHOICE AWARDS 2020 (Historical Fiction) Stone hearts. Silver to gold. And the fierce need to prove oneself. Highest ranks: #1 i...
89.7K 2.7K 21
Samira Ibrahim Ghulam was a slightly chubby girl who was very intelligent, gentle with those around her and full of qualities that inspired her to be...
286K 16K 46
Highest rank #38 in spiritual. Completed meet Hatina, a young muslimah who always dreamed of being loved, but anyone she loved never loved her back...
208K 13.2K 44
Abbas Abdul Rabbani, youngest Prince of Balqaas, is the most wanted bachelor in the city. But after an injury alters his appearance for life, no woma...