a to z | c.h

By denyluke

Blake spends most of her days at work and looking after her sister's kids trying to fill a hole in her heart... More

Introduction
An incident in the park
Blake's endearing positivity
Calum and Noah
Dos and don'ts of dating
Ends meet
First impressions
Goodnight Calum
Helena is pissed
Just a bit stuck
Keys!
authors note

Initiation

435 22 5
By denyluke

Blake stepped up to the dark blue wooden door looking down at the address that was written in the last message sent from Calum. Taking a deep breath her finger pressed against the little doorbell making it chime inside. It didn't take long for the door to be opened revealing a face Blake had yet to meet. His hair was tinted pink while he was dressed head to toe in black.

His face fell confused as he chewed on whatever he had been eating before opening up the door, "Hello?"

"Hi I'm–" before she could finish his face lit up in realisation

"You must be Blake," he smiled before turning his head down the corridor, "Calum your girlfriends here," he yelled down the corridor as her cheeks flushed at the mention of the word girlfriend. She definitely wasn't Calum's girlfriend (not yet anyway). He opened the door further for her to step inside as he moved onto the staircase.

Blake took the front of the home in quietly as her eyes wandered around the walls. There was a cabinet to her right that had picture frames littered all over it. She noticed that Calum was in most of them which made her smile. There was one picture of Calum and Ashton both laughing with drinks in their hands looking a little younger than they were right now. One picture stood behind the rest, it had four people stood in Halloween costumes, their scrawny teenage body's striking a pose for whoever had taken the photo. The front entry of the house was narrow. A staircase - that Michael was stood on - fell a few feet away from the door to the left, more pictures following up the steps. The walls were painted a light beige with a feature wall of dark red which made the dim lights warm.

"Hi!" Helena (who she also had never met) sang as she flew down the hallway with open arms. Flustered Blake accepted the hug. Helena had dark wavy hair the came past her shoulders and a smile that was contagious. Pulling away she gave Blake another bright smile, "I'm Helena, it's so nice to finally meet you rather than just talking to you through a phone!" She laughed referring to when she had asked Blake to tailor the suits.

"Oh my gosh yeah! Hi," Blake said quickly realising who was in front of her.

Blake use to have a lot of friends but once things had changed, it became very clear which of those friends chose the other side. She left the life she use to have behind. Helena however didn't have many close female friends, she had a few here and there but a lot of her friends were back home, but she had her boys and that's all that really mattered to her.

Ashton appeared in the door way down the corridor with something attached to his leg, that something being Noah who was hiding away from whoever was entering the home. Realising it was Blake he loosened his grip around Ashton's leg but still held onto it.

"Blake!" Ashton's smile was the widest smile she had ever seen, it was like he was constantly happy or excited, his positive energy radiating through the room no matter where you were.

Without giving her a chance to reply he suffocated her in a hug, Noah letting go of him and stepping away. Awkwardly chuckling she wrapped her arms around his back quickly before letting go. She hadn't noticed that Calum had shuffled into the corridor behind Ashton, he gave her a soft smile before taking Ashton's place in front of her. Wrapping an arm around her shoulder he brought his lips to the side of her head gently before pulling back, "Hi," he said quietly.

"Hi," she smiled at him before small giggles were heard from Ashton who was stood on the bottom step of staircase next to his fiancé who grinned at Calum and Blake before taking a fistful of his shirt and dragging him calmly out of the room. Michael taking a hint followed them out.

Noah still stood with his back against the staircase railings looking at his Dad and Blake who still hadn't said anything else to each other. Smiling brightly Blake slipped her fingers gently between Calum's as they turned to walk down into the living room. Calum scooped up his son who laid his head in the crook of his neck his eyes growing heavy. Noah would peak glances at Blake who was still holding onto his Dad's hand as they walked into the warmth of the room. It would take time for him to warm up to Blake and she understood that.

The coffee table in the middle of the room was covered in board and card games ready to be played with, "how are you feeling?" Calum says quietly as they fully enter the room.

"I'm good, just nervous," biting her bottom lip she glanced up at him to see he was looking back at her making her cheeks flush.

"You don't need to be but just be warned this isn't just game night, don't be fooled by its name, this shit is intense." his words didn't comfort her completely but she giggled when she overheard Noah mumble something about swear jars, "I'll make sure you're with me," he winks before his friends started to file into the living room. Michael jumped over the back of the dark sofa juggling pizza in his hand while Ashton sensibly took a seat next to him also with pizza in hand. Helena entered the room lastly with what Blake assumed was the rest of the pizza on a plate and a drink in her hand.

"Lets play Codenames" Michael suggests rubbing his hands together as he reaches over the table for the game. Calum let go of Blake's hand before setting Noah down on the floor who tottered over to Helena.

"What's that?" Blake asked moving her hair away from her face.

"Fucking great." Michael mumbled before Ashton elbowed him in the ribs for being rude.

"Swear–" before Noah could finish the sentence Michael finished the sentence off for him.

"Yeah yeah swear jar here you go kid," Michael pulled out a dollar bill before handing it over to Noah and ruffling his hair

Michael's comment made Blake feel uncomfortable but she wanted to prove him wrong. She wanted to "earn" her place here not just because she was "seeing" Calum and they gave her the benefit of the doubt.

"No offence Michael but you're crap anyway, Calum and I are gonna win," Helena smirked taking a sip of her drink as Noah fidgeted on her lap

"No comment except for that I agree," Calum chuckled jumping into the seat next to Helena.

Blake watched as the friends teased and laughed with each other. She tried not to feel awkward as she stood still not knowing where to put herself.

"I think we should get Blake on our team," Ashton smiled up at her, Michael didn't look so keen still thinking that she would be no use as she had no idea what the game was.

"I said she could be with us," Calum pouted

"Wouldn't want to give you a reason to be even more cocky," Blake smirked at him as she moved in between the two boys leaving him slightly wide-eyed at her sudden confidence.

The boys explained the game to her as best as they could she would still need to get the hang of it but she took it within her stride to learn. In order to play the game well you needed to know your teammates and how they thought but of course she was still just getting to know them. So she sat quiet for the first round mainly just observing. But round two was a very different story as she began to get into grips with it.

"2 words, Water," she said looking at the boys in the eyes hoping what she said wasn't too risky as she sat on the floor next to Helena who was working out her next word. The boys mumbled to each other about the words that laid across the table. These were their last two cards and if they got them both it would mean they win.

Blake glanced over at Calum who had his son lying face down across his legs, he gently stroked his back as he laid, his eyes closing as he did so. She smiled quietly to herself before turning to face the boys again who were still whispering among themselves.

"Okay we're gonna go for Flood for one," Michael turned back to Ashton to make a final decision, "and... Fall," everything fell silent for a second before Blake gave them a big smile.

"And that is how you win." She threw the rest of the cards on the table in victory before Michael let out a big cheer in happiness shaking Ashton's shoulder as he laughed in success.

"I'm pissed but well played," Helena laughed Blake thanked her laughing too before looking over at Calum who was already looking back at her with a warm smile plastered across his face.

His stomach was completely filled with butterflies and for the first time in a long time, it didn't scare him.

Michael was so happy he began to jump up and down on the sofa while Ashton ran to get the board so he could write a massive number 2 on his and Michael's side.

After things began to settle down the 5 moved into the kitchen, Noah had fallen asleep not to long ago so they decided to leave him on the sofa in peace. Ashton and Helena were one side of the kitchen by the sink, his back pressed against the counter while Helena's back was pressed into his chest as his arms wrapped around her waist. While Blake and Calum were on the other behind the Island that sat in the middle of the room, she sat on one of the stools as she ate some ice cream that Helena had given her. Calum was checking on Noah before entering the kitchen again, he made his way over to Blake standing behind her before putting his arm around her shoulder before leaning down and placing a kiss on her cheek, she rested her head against the arm hanging over her shoulder.

Helena smiled gently as she noticed how comfortable Calum had become around Blake and not only just her but how he was with her in front of them.

"So when's the wedding?" Blake asked

"January 6th," Helena told her

"Oh so pretty soon?" She said

"Too soon," Ashton joked which received an eye roll from Helena, "just kidding," he kissed her cheek which put a smile back on her face

"When did you want me to come set the lights up Ash?" Michael spoke up as he sat on the countertop also eating some ice cream.

"Probably New Year's Day or something I haven't figured that out yet but Calum said he'd help too," Ashton shrugged and Calum nodded.

"if there's anything else I can do to help, let me know," Blake smiled at the couple across the room.

"You're doing enough!" Helena waved her hand at Blake

"Well if you do, you know where to find me," she smiled again.

It was gone midnight and Blake could feel herself growing more tired so she decided it was time for her to go home.

"We should do something sometime, just a girl day," Helena said as she hugged Blake goodbye. Blake agreed and suggested Saturday afternoon which sit well with Helena's plans.

"See you next week?" Ashton asked as he gave her a hug

"Next week?" She was confused this was going to be a regular thing?

"Yeah you're apart of the group now," he smiled stepping back and placing an arm over his fiancés shoulders.

"You passed the initiation, welcome, there's no going back." He smirked before turning to Calum, "I like her, see you guys later," he said before stepping out the already open door.

"See you guys," Blake smiled before stepping out followed by Calum who placed a hand on the small of her back.

"I fucking did that," they heard Ashton say as he spoke about them

"Shut up they can hear you," Calum and Blake looked at each other as they walked over the street to her car and giggled before hearing the front door shut.

They slowed down as they got to her car. His hands found her waist as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders, "Thanks for inviting me tonight, I had fun," she smiled as he began to bring his face closer to hers

"Really?" He smirked brushing his nose against hers

"Yeah," she giggled again before he pressed his lips against hers making her body feel giddy with happiness. Her hand moved to his cheek as she gently deepened the kiss. He began to smile wildly which made him pull away, he placed his forehead on hers before placing another small kiss on her lips, "thank you," she whispered as she brushed her thumb against his cheek taking in his eyes which were deep in hers.

Her lips met his cheek sweetly before meeting his lips again for the last time before they both said their goodbyes as she climbed into her car.

Something inside of Calum just didn't want their kiss to end, as soon as it was over he wanted it to start again, it was like his body was on fire every time she touched him and he didn't want it to stop.

-

Yo sorry it's been so long and this chapter isn't as long as others but it's cute so yeehaw

Don't forget to vote and comment :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

653K 24.3K 47
In which two teenagers find love in the warm summer days, and cool sweater weather nights.
479K 14.2K 39
In which a girl who has decided to go all natural meets an arrogant blonde boy who only wants to be her friend. © 2016 loosends
545K 8.9K 115
Kartyr-Dottie and Claire. We write about 5 Seconds Of Summer; you can request if you'd like.
663K 17.8K 60
Jessie's parents had given her up when she was only four years old and she had been living in a orphanage ever since. 12 years later, her entire lif...