Worlds Colliding (The Vampire...

Oleh katherinep97

All rights go to the creators of The Vampire Diaries and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plo... Lebih Banyak

Characters
Ships
Chapter 2 - The Hybrids
Chapter 3 - The End of the Affair
Chapter 4 - Disturbing Behavior
Chapter 5 - The Reckoning
Chapter 6 - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Chapter 7 - Ghost World
Chapter 8 - Ordinary People
Chapter 9 - Homecoming
Chapter 10 - The New Deal
Chapter 11 - Our Town
Chapter 12 - The Ties That Bind
Chapter 13 - Bringing Out the Dead
Chapter 14 - Dangerous Liaisons
Chapter 15 - All My Children
Chapter 16 - 1912
Chapter 17 - Break On Through
Chapter 18 - Murder of One
Chapter 19 - Heart of Darkness
Chapter 20 - Do Not Go Gentle
Chapter 21 - Before Sunset
Chapter 22 - The Departed

Chapter 1 - The Birthday

805 12 0
Oleh katherinep97

Outfits in the external link

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/65826

From 1.01 - Pilot: Night in the woods, over the fog-covered forest floor.

Elena: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries)"

From 2.04 - Memory Lane: In Ashley's room, Ashley Gilbert and Nathan Salvatore kissed passionately.

Katherine Pierce: (voice over from 2.07 - Masquerade) "Do Ashley..."

From 2.11 - By the Light of the Moon: In the pouring rain, Cristian Hunter and Liv Gilbert looked at each other for a long moment, smiling, kissing for a few, long, endless moments.

Katherine: (voice over from 2.07 - Masquerade) "Liv..."

From 2.22 - As I Lay Dying: In the library of the Hunter House, Damon Salvatore and Alex Gilbert continued to kiss passionately in front of the fireplace.

Katherine: (voice over from 2.07 - Masquerade) "Alex..."

From 2.14 - Crying Wolf: On the dock of the Gilbert Lake House, Elena Gilbert stood outside on the dock, wrapped in a blanket.

Stefan Salvatore wrapped his arms around Elena from behind, kissing her on the cheek.

Katherine: (voice over from 2.07 - Masquerade) "And Elena enjoy having all of you worship at their alters?"

From 2.03 - Bad Moon Rising: In the woods, Kacie Lockwood and Jack Hunter kissed passionately.

Nathan: (voice over from 2.16 - The House Guest) "If you find another friend other than me, or other than Kacie, I'm happy for you."

From 2.22 - As I Lay Dying: In the living room of the Hunter House, Ashley and Jack kissed passionately.

Nathan: (voice over from 2.16 - The House Guest) "And I'm happy for Ashley."

From 2.22 - As I Lay Dying: In the parlor of the Hunter House, Nathan and Gabriella Gilbert clinked their glasses, drinking, looking at the other curiously.

Nathan: (voice over from 2.21 - The Sun Also Rises) "Welcome back to Mystic Falls, Gabriella. Wish it was a better welcome."

From 2.19 - Klaus and Ingrid: In Alaric's loft, Rosalita walked closer fearlessly, looking at Ingrid Mikaelson and Alaric/Klaus Mikaelson calmly as if she was putting them in a trance without much effort. "What I want for you is to start a war with the residents of Mystic Falls. You'll just know to fight in this war and cause a chain reaction that will benefit and destroy all of us."

From 2.19 - Klaus and Ingrid: In Alaric's Apartmet, Klaus walked out of the wooden crate, looking down at Alaric. Ingrid smirked, walking closer to embrace her twin.

Elijah: (voice over from 2.19 - Klaus and Ingrid) "Klaus and Ingrid. They are vampires born of a werewolf bloodline."

From 2.20 - The Last Day: In the library of the Salvatore Boarding House, Elijah was standing in front of everyone, explaining. "The curse has kept their werewolf aspects from manifesting."

From 2.21 - The Sun Also Rises: In the Quarry, there were flashes of Klaus killing Jules the werewolf, Ingrid killing Jenna Sommers, both Klaus and Ingrid killing Elena, Klaus killing Alex, and Ingrid killing Gabriella. Klaus and Ingrid transformed.

Elijah: (voice over from 2.20 - The Last Day) "But if they break it, they'll be true hybrids."

From 2.22 - As I Lay Dying: In Alaric's loft, Ingrid looked at Stefan, Kaylin and Justin. "Rosalita left. But she did leave us with a little parting gift on wanting us to start a war with your little town. Rosa's a crafty little bitch like that. So you better hope that instead, we leave town."

From 2.20 - The Last Day: In Damon's room, Damon and Alex were talking.

Damon tilted his head sadly. "I can't lose you."

Alex looked at him sadly, shaking her head. "You won't."

Alex slowly turned for the door, taking a deep, steadying breath, starting to walk away.

Damon rushed in front of her, making her gasp. "There is another way."

Damon put his wrist to Alex's mouth so he could feed her his blood, even while Alex didn't want to. Cristian arrived, pushing Damon off of Alex.

Alex fell to the floor, having blood on her lips. She was in shock, horrified.

Liv, Ashley and Elena knelt next to Alex.

Liv: (voice over from 2.21 - The Sun Also Rises) "Alex is gonna become a vampire."

From 2.21 - The Sun Also Rises: On the mountain, Elena drank the elixir.

Liv: (voice over from 2.21 - The Sun Also Rises) "Elena has the elixiir in her system, so she'll come back as a human."

From 2.21 - The Sun Also Rises: In the Quarry, Gabriella, Alex, Elena and Liv were trapped in the four rings of fire, in a circle, so that Gabriella and Liv were also next to each other. Liv bit her wrist, carefully holding out her arm to Gabriella, making sure the fire couldn't burn her. Gabriella took her wrist, looking at her three sisters worriedly, who all nodded reassuringly, just as worried, as Gabriella started to drink.

Liv: (voice over from 2.21 - The Sun Also Rises) "You can still come back."

From 2.21 - The Sun Also Rises: In the Quarry, Klaus opened his eyes while feeding on Alex. Ingrid opened her eyes while feeding on Gabriella. They were changing, taking on an orange glow within the red that was starting to fade. More veins came to the surface of their skin underneath their eyes. Alex and Gabriella's eyelids fluttered. Their eyes rolled into the back of their heads. Liv opened her eyes. Alex died in Klaus' arms, while Gabriella died in Ingrid's.

Gabriella: (voice over from 2.21 - The Sun Also Rises) "Jeremy, Ashley and Jenna can't lose all of us. They need all of us, even if three of us will be vampires. Me, Liv and Alex."

From 2.20 - The Last Day: In Alaric's Loft, Cristian had Katherine pushed against the wall.

Katherine took his arm, showing a bite mark on his arm to him. "What is this, Cristian?"

Cristian was in shock, not having noticed it before. "It's a werewolf bite."

From 2.21 - The Sun Also Rises: In the cemetery, Kaylin and Cristian were talking.

"Tyler Lockwood bit me," Cristian told her.

"We'll find something," Kaylin told him. "A cure."

From 2.07 - Masquerade: In the Lockwood Mansion's study, Tyler Lockwood turned to face Sarah. Sarah stabbed him in the shoulder. Tyler pushed her back, making her fall and hit her head forcefully on the desk with a loud crack, making her fall to the floor.

Tyler fell to his knees, hitting the floor. He looked up with glowing gold eyes.

Stefan: (voice over from 2.03 - Bad Moon Rising) "According to the legend..."

From 2.17 - Know Thy Enemy: In the parlor of the Lockwood Mansion, Kacie lost her temper, grabbing Tiki by the waist, picking her up, slamming her to the floor, her head hitting the floor with a long, echoing thud. Kacie held her head, looking up at the ceiling, screaming in pain. She fell to her knees, moaning. She looked up with glowing gold eyes, having triggered the werewolf curse.

Stefan: (voice over from 2.03 - Bad Moon Rising) "A werewolf bite can kill a vampire."

From 2.22 - As I Lay Dying: In Alaric's Loft, Katherine walked closer.

Ingrid took her arm, transforming, biting her on the arm.

Katherine was horrified, in denial. Ingrid bit her wrist, making Katherine drink her blood.

Katherine's wound healed completely.

Ingrid looked at Justin Benson, Stefan and Kaylin. "You want your cure? There it is."

"Your blood is the cure," Kaylin told them.

"Even if Stefan and Justin don't leave with us, I want to leave behind a little present for Stefan," Ingrid told them. "One summer of having to waste by trying to return to your self-righteous, broody personnel."

Klaus looked at Kaylin. "You can either remain here living your life in Mystic Falls, Kaylin Salvatore, or you can embrace what you truly are, leave town with me and my sister, and save Cristian Hunter's life."

Later, Ingrid compelled Stefan. "I want you to embrace what you are here in Mystic Falls. Don't let anyone change you. If they try to change you, if they try to help you, kill them. Only change if you want to. Only you will ask for help, not allow it to happen."

From 2.22 - As I Lay Dying: In Cristian's room, Cristian was lying on his bed, sweating, extremely sick.

Katherine poured Klaus's blood from the vial into Cristian's mouth for him to drink. She stood, turning to look between Cristian and Liv. "There. This makes us even."

"Not even close," Liv told her.

From 2.22 - As I Lay Dying: In the basement of the Salvatore Boarding House, Stefan was tearing through the blood bags, drinking hungrily, spilling blood all over him. Nicola tried to take the blood bag away. Stefan took it back, standing threateningly, throwing the blood bag against the wall, splattering it.

Stefan gripped Nicola by the throat, pushing her against the wall. "I'm warning you right now, Nicola. I don't want you to change me."

Nicola looked at him in shocked confusion, breathing heavily, trying to breathe with his hand around her throat.

Damon and Nathan rushed downstairs, grabbing Stefan, pushing him away from Nicola.

"Stefan!" Nathan told him.

Nicola nearly fell to the floor. Nathan caught her.

Damon looked at Stefan incredulously in shocked confusion. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

Stefan realized what had happened, in shock. He let his face return to normal, looking at Nicola worriedly in horrified guilt. "Nikki..." Nicola held the side of her neck in pain to try to stop the bleeding. "I'm so sorry."

"Where's Kaylin?" Nathan asked.

"She gave herself over to Klaus and Ingrid," Stefan told them. "She's gone."

From 2.22 - As I Lay Dying: In the warehouse, Klaus looked at Kaylin. "See, I know you're hungry, love. And I wanna make sure you honor our deal... that you'll be of use to us." He bit the girl's neck, feeding off of her for a long moment, pulling away, holding onto her. Kaylin became instantly hungry at the smell of blood, transforming hungrily. "I could have compelled her to behave, but a real vampire enjoys the hunt." Klaus let the girl go. The girl ran away, screaming. Kaylin rushed in front of her, biting her, drinking until she stopped screaming and fighting, killing her, letting her body fall to the floor. Her eyes were still red. Veins were still crawling underneath her skin. She had blood drenching her lips. Klaus smiled. "Now we can go."

Kaylin didn't answer, wiping the blood from her lips, looking at the girl on the ground. She didn't show a reaction to the dead body of the girl that she had killed. She looked at Klaus, knowing that she had to leave with him and Ingrid to honor their deal to save Cristian's life.

---~---

Day One

Memphis, Tennessee

Night - House - Outside

A woman walked out of the house from the kitchen door. "Rudy!" She whistled. "Rudy. Come on. It's too hot to make me come looking for you."

The woman leaned down to pick up a toy. She stood, turning around.

Ingrid was standing there, speaking with an American accent. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

"Can I help you?" the woman asked.

"Yeah, my car, um, my car ran out of gas a couple of miles back," Ingrid told her. "Eh. I feel like I've been walking forever. Yours is the first house I came to, so I was just hoping I could use your phone."

"Don't you have a cell phone?" the woman asked.

"Huh, yeah," Ingrid answered, showing her her phone. "Battery died. Look, I promise I'm not a serial killer. I just wanna use your phone."

The woman sighed. "Sure."

Ingrid took a step forward. "So... I can come in?"

"No, I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you," the woman answered.

Ingrid dropped the American accent, using her own British one, annoyed. "I thought you country folks were supposed to be more trusting."

"I'm from Florida," the woman told her.

"Well, that explains it," Ingrid told her. She grabbed her throat, compelling her. "Now show me a little southern hospitality. Sweet pea."

---

Inside - Kitchen

There was another woman, Woman 2, frying food, walking over to the counter with the frying pan. "I bet you a hundred dollars that dog ran off to a house with air conditioning." She turned around, seeing Woman 1 and Ingrid walking in. Ingrid was holding the name of Woman 1's neck with one hand. Woman 1 was crying. "What's going on?"

"Please don't be alarmed," Ingrid told her. "I was told Ray Sutton lives here."

"He's almost never here," Woman 2 told her. "He's on the road, mostly."

"But I expect he makes it home, once a month," Ingrid told her. Woman 2 didn't answer. "That's what I thought. Where is he now?" Woman 2 didn't answer. "If I have to make you tell me, it's going to be more infinitely more painful for you. Hmm."

Ingrid smiled.

Woman 2 ran out of the kitchen.

Ingrid smirked, rolling her eyes.

---

Foyer

Woman 2 ran toward the front door, opening it, revealing Kaylin and Klaus standing outside, screaming.

Ingrid pulled Woman 1 with her, walking toward them.

Klaus smirked. "I love it when they run!"

Woman 2 gave up. "He's in Toll. It's near the border. A bar called Southern Comfort. It's on Highway 41."

"Thank you, love," Klaus told her. He looked at Woman 1. "Now, can me and my girlfriend, Kaylin Salvatore, come in?"

Kaylin gave him a look.

Woman 1 was crying. "Yes."

Kaylin stepped inside, pointing at Klaus. "By the way, I'm not his girlfriend."

Klaus smiled, stepping inside. "She says that every time." Klaus and Ingrid exchanged a knowing, amused look, smirking. Klaus looked at Kaylin, talking about Woman 1. "Kill this one quickly." He looked at Woman 2. "And make sure that one suffers. I'll be watching you have your fun."

Klaus smiled.

"You two enjoy yourselves," Ingrid told them. "I'll be waiting in the car."

Ingrid walked outside.

Woman 1 looked at Kaylin, crying. "Please don't."

Kaylin merely looked at her, transforming. Her eyes turned red. Veins of hunger crawled beneath her skin underneath her eyes. She bit into Woman 1's neck, making her scream. Woman 2 screamed.

Kaylin continued to feed, looking as if she was trying to convince herself that she wasn't enjoying this.

Klaus was watching Kaylin feed and kill and try not to enjoy it, smiling.

---

Outside

Ingrid walked away from the house, hearing the women screaming, smiling.

------

Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries)

------

Day Two

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Morning - Gilbert House - Elena's Room

(Song) Are We There Yet? - Ingrid Michaelson

Elena Gilbert was in her bed, just now waking up.

There was a knock on the door.

Alex Gilbert opened the door, looking inside.

Elena was facing away from her in her bed.

Alex looked at Elena. "I know you're up."

Elena smiled a small smile. "Just like every morning."

Alex smiled a small smile, walking inside. She closed the door, walking closer, sitting on the bed. "What are you thinking about?"

"Stefan, being compelled to not let anyone help him until he's ready to be helped," Elena answered. "How he tried to kill all of us for trying."

"It was the compulsion, Elena, and it still is," Alex told her. "As soon as he realized what he was doing, he stopped, every single time."

"I know," Elena told her, sighing, sitting up. She looked at Alex. "I just can't be with him until he's ready to be helped. It's too dangerous. It hurts, Alex."

"I know," Alex told her, sighing.

Gabriella knocked on the door, walking closer. "Morning, guys."

"Hey, Gabby," Alex told her.

"Morning," Elena told her.

"Time to wake up the siblings?"Alex asked.

Gabriella nodded. "Time to wake up the siblings."

---

Jeremy's Room

Jeremy Gilbert was in bed.

Elena pulled open the curtains, allowing sunlight inside.

Jeremy groaned in annoyance at the wakeup call.

Elena walked toward him, pulling his covers off. "You're late, for work. Matt just called."

Elena walked toward the door.

Jeremy looked at the clock. "We'll maybe he'll fire me."

Elena scoffed. "Aim high."

Elena walked out, leaving.

Jeremy slid down to the end of his bed, looking concerned.

---

Liv's Room

Liv was in bed, sleeping.

Alex pushed open her curtains to let the sunlight in to make her wake up.

Liv covered her eyes. "No! Bad sunlight."

"Says the girl who has a mustache for a daylight ring," Alex told her, grabbing Liv's hand to show her the mustache-shaped daylight ring to prove her point.

"I did something different and fun, more than I can say for you weirdos," Liv told her.

"Get up," Alex told her.

Liv covered her head with the blanket. "No. I'm not the one with the job."

"No, you're the forever 15-year-old vampire who sleeps in on summer days," Alex told her, pulling the blanket off Liv's head. "Get up."

Liv pulled the blanket back. "I sleep in like any sane person would do. Go away." Alex tried to pull the blanket off, but Liv held tighter. Alex pulled harder, with vamp strength. The blanket ripped down the middle. "Aw, really?"

"Yep, ha ha," Alex told her sarcastically, pushing the ripped blanket into Liv. She walked toward her door. "Stubborn little--"

"She can hear you," Liv told her. "Don't say anything that can incriminate you."

"Wow, you actually remembered a big word," Alex told her teasingly.

Liv folded the blanket away from her body. "Go away, forever 16-year-old newly-turned vampire who has a really good ability to annoy me." She threw a pillow toward Alex. "Now get out."

Alex smiled, shaking her head, walking out of the bedroom door. "Love you, too, Liv."

---

Ashley's Room

Ashley was sleeping in her bed.

Gabriella opened the curtains to allow sunlight to pour inside, over Ashley, to wake her up, nudging her. "Ashley. Ash."

Ashley cringed at the sudden bright light in her face, tightly closing her eyes, turning away from the window to shield her eyes from the sun. "No! Why? Why, why, why? Gabby, what the hell?"

"'Cause you need to get up," Gabriella answered. "Elena's waking up Jeremy. Alex's waking up Liv. I get the job of waking you up, Ashley. Come on."

"Do I gotta?" Ashley asked.

"Yes," Gabriella answered. "Remember that it's Alex and Elena's birthday today."

Ashley opened her eyes. "Oh, right. The first birthday Alex has after turning into a vampire."

"Yeah, exactly," Gabriella agreed. "So come on, Ash. We could use your sisterly help."

Ashley groaned, laying her head down again. "But I'm still so tired, Gabby."

Gabriella smiled a little. "Ashley." Ashley sighed, opening her eyes, sitting up, looking at Gabriella, laying back down. Gabriella pulled Ashley out of her bed. "Let's go."

"No," Ashley complained. "Bed, help me."

(End of Song)

---

Foyer

Gabriella, Ashley, Liv, Alex and Elena were walking down the stairs.

Elena had her phone on speaker. "What are you doing?"

Caroline Forbes was walking through Town Square. "Just shopping for the party you're trying to bail out on. I am handling the fashion. Eliza is handling the necessities. Music, beer, fun."

"We never said yes in the first place," Alex told them.

"You were never going to, which is why Caroline and Eliza planned it anyway," Gabriella told her.

"Thank you, Gabby," Caroline told her. "At least one other person understands."

---

Kitchen

Alex walked in, looking at Alaric Saltzman. "Hey, Ric."

"Hey," Alaric told her.

Elena walked in, tapping Alaric's shoulder to get to the coffee.

Gabriella, Ashley and Liv walked in to get coffee too.

In Town Square, Tyler Lockwood walked toward Caroline.

"All right, well I got to go," Caroline told them. "See you guys in a bit."

Liv grabbed an apple, taking a bite.

"Just keep tonight small, please?" Elena asked.

Caroline laughed. "Wear something pretty, all of you." Liv smirked at the fact that Caroline hadn't answered, taking another bite of her apple. Caroline looked at Tyler, smiling. "Hi."

Elena hung up.

Ashley smiled a small smile. "Don't worry. It'll be fine."

Elena looked at Liv, Alex and Gabriella worriedly. "What about you?"

Alex tilted her head. "What about us?"

"Tonight's going to be the first time your going into a big crowd since..." Elena trailed off. "The last time."

Alex shrugged, trying to keep any uncertainty off of her expression and out of her voice. "I'll be fine."

Liv nodded in agreement. "So will me and Gabby. Right?"

"Right," Gabriella answered.

Elena put her phone away, looking at Alaric. "Are you sure your still okay on the couch?"

Alex started to make her own coffee.

"Yeah," Alaric answered. "I'm good."

"Because you've spent the half the summer on it," Ashley told him.

Elena looked at Alaric. "If you need your own bedroom..." She looked at Alex, Ashley, Liv and Gabriella. "I know you don't want to move in there, and I don't either."

"Neither does Jeremy," Ashley told them.

Liv nodded, looking to Alaric. "Yeah. You can't sleep on there forever."

"And sleep in your dead parents' room?" Alaric asked weirdly. "Or my dead girlfriend's room?"

Gabriella held out a cup of coffee out to Alaric. "Right."

Elena and Alex started to leave.

"Hey, Elena, Alex," Alaric called. Elena and Alex turned back. Alaric smiled. "Happy birthday."

Elena and Alex smiled barely. "Thanks."

---

Music Store - Outside

Eliza Forbes was trying to get help from a worker at the music store to get the big speaker into her car, holding her cellphone between her ear and shoulder. "My Mom wants you to call her."

Nicola Salvatore was on the other line, in the Salvatore Boarding House, walking down the stairs. "Did you find anything?"

"An animal attack in Memphis," Eliza answered. "It's the third one this week in Tennessee."

"And you're sure it's a vampire?" Nicola asked.

Eliza sighed, backing away from the speaker, taking her phone in her hand. "Yes, but that doesn't mean it's Klaus or Ingrid."

"Doesn't mean it's not," Nicola replied.

"Do you know where Caroline is?" Eliza asked in a complaint. She looked around, lowering her voice. "Because it would be a lot easier if I had some vampire strength over here, and she's supposed to be helping." She looked to the side. "She might be with Tyler."

Nicola walked into the living room of the Salvatore Boarding House. "I'll call both your sister and Mom."

"Well, call them on their cells," Eliza told her. "And wear something pretty for Alex and Elena's party tonight."

"Who says I'm going?" Nicola asked.

Eliza had her phone in front of her, starting to send Nicola a link to the house in Memphis. "Elena and Alex's party is at your house, Nicola Salvatore. You are going to be there. I'm sending you a link."

---

Salvatore Boarding House - Living Room

Nicola rolled her eyes, smiling a small smile. "Thanks, Eliza." She hung up. Nathan, Stefan and Damon Salvatore walked in. "Sheriff and Eliza Forbes gave us another location to check." She handed Damon her phone to show him the link. "Memphis."

"Another dead end, you mean," Damon told her.

Stefan walked closer.

"You don't know that," Nicola told him.

"You're right, Nikki," Stefan told her sarcastically. "This could be the one. After almost two months, this could be the one clue that tells us that Kaylin is alive and well and living in Graceland."

Nicola took her phone back, walking around them. "Fine. I'll go by myself."

"No, you won't," Nathan told her.

"Then I'll just ask Liv, Gabby, Ashley, Alex and Elena for help," Nicola told them.

Damon rushed in front of Nicola to stop her. "Right, and let Klaus and Ingrid know you're all tracking him. They think they're dead. Let's keep it that way."

"It's a new lead, Damon," Nicola told him. "We haven't had one in a while."

"Okay, we'll check it out," Stefan told her.

Nathan sent the link from Nicola's phone to his. He looked at Nicola. "If we find anything, we know where to find you."

Nathan handed the phone back.

"Nathan..." Nicola trailed off. Nathan and Damon ignored her, walking out, leaving. "Stefan, seriously?"

Stefan didn't answer, walking out, leaving.

Nicola sighed, sitting down on the couch in defeat, holding her head in pain.

---

Kaylin's Room

Nathan, Stefan and Damon walked in.

Stefan opened the closet door, where there was a map and a lot of notes.

"So, they moved on to Tennessee," Damon told them.

"That fluttered victim we looked into had family in Tennessee," Stefan told them.

"Which one?" Nathan asked. "Pensacola?"

"Mm-hmm," Stefan answered.

"Up for a road trip?" Damon asked.

"Absolutely," Stefan answered. "Just let me see if I can get an address."

"Better yet, why not ask Cristian, Charlie, Jack and Justin?" Nathan asked. "I mean, they've been following Kaylin around, and Andie is another one that's been helping us without letting Nikki in on the know. I'm pretty sure the anchorwoman at the public news station can find the address a lot easier than you can." Stefan rolled his eyes, closing the closet door. "You so sure that putting the research in Kaylin's closet is the best way to keep it hidden from Nikki?"

"Nicola doesn't come in here anymore, because it hurts too much," Stefan told them. "I'm sure. She would find it if it would anywhere else."

"Or she will come in here and find it herself," Damon told them.

"Well, maybe it's about time for her to know," Stefan told them.

Nathan rolled his eyes, walking away.

Damon shook his head slightly, following him, leaving.

Stefan sighed.

---

Mystic Grill - Backroom

Jeremy was working, putting dishes up.

The lights flickered, going off.

After a moment, they came back on.

Vicki Donovan appeared in front of Jeremy.

Jeremy dropped his phone in surprise. "Vicki?"

Vicki disappeared, leaving.

Jeremy looked around, overwhelmed. He knelt to the floor to get his phone, revealing Anna Zhu was standing behind him.

Anna reached toward Jeremy, about to place her hand on his shoulder.

Matt Donovan walked in.

Anna disappeared.

Matt looked at Jeremy. "I need you to switch sections with me."

Jeremy stood. "Why?"

"Caroline and Tyler just sat in mine," Matt answered.

"So?" Jeremy asked.

"So?" Matt repeated. "I don't feel like waiting on my ex-girlfriend."

Matt walked out, leaving.

Jeremy sighed.

---

Outside

Caroline and Tyler were sitting at a table in front of the Grill, talking.

"Something's up with your mother," Caroline told him.

"Like what?" Tyler asked.

"When I was over yesterday, she just kept eyeing me," Caroline told him.

Jeremy walked toward them. "Hey, guys."

"Did Matt make you switch sections?" Caroline asked. Jeremy shrugged. Caroline looked at Tyler. "He thinks we're dating. So does Eliza."

"So does Kacie," Tyler told her.

"What?" Caroline asked.

"We're together all the time," Tyler told her. "It's not a leap."

"That's crazy," Caroline told him.

"Right?" Tyler asked.

Tyler and Caroline looked at each other, smiling small smiles.

Jeremy looked between them knowingly, smirking, walking away.

---

Toll, Tennessee

Southern Comfort

(Song) Barton Hollow - The Civil Wars

Kaylin was compelling the bar patrons. She saw a familiar vampire watching from the bar window by the door.

Cristian Hunter and Justin Benson nodded for Kaylin to follow them outside.

Kaylin looked toward Klaus and Ingrid.

---

Outside

Kaylin walked outside, rushing toward Cristian and Justin, pushing them back. "Cris, Justin, what the hell are you two doing here, hmm? Trying to get yourselves killed?"

"Mm, so she still cares if her childhood best friend and her best friend from her darkest time die," Justin told her in amusement, crossing his arms over his chest. "How sweet."

"You need to go," Kaylin told them. "Tell Stefan, Damon, Nate and Nikki to stop looking and get out of here."

"No one is gonna stop looking for you until you come home," Cristian told her.

"I don't wanna go home," Kaylin told them. "Leave. Before you end up dead. Because I don't think Liv can handle losing her boyfriend after she already lost her parents, aunt and uncle and turned into a vampire without turning off her humanity, Cristian. Justin, take Cris home, and make sure that Charlie and Jack don't follow me again."

Kaylin turned around, rushing inside before Klaus and Ingrid noticed she was gone.

Cristian and Justin watched her go, looking as if they weren't going to give up.

---

Inside

Klaus approached a man. "Ray? Ray Sutton?"

Ingrid walked closer.

"Who wants to know?" Ray asked.

"We've been looking everywhere for you," Ingrid told him. "We started in Florida, Pensacola. We met a young chap there who you used to work with before you moved to Memphis. Now, he directed us to two lovely young women. And they led us here, to you."

"I think I'll be going," Ray told him, turning to leave.

Ingrid grabbed his arm to stop him. "Not so fast, Ray. You only just got here. Now, your type are very hard to come by."

Ray tried to walk away in the other direction.

Kaylin appeared in front of him, smiling a small smile. "I wouldn't do that if I were you."

"My girlfriend, Kaylin Salvatore, here is a vampire," Klaus told him, looking at Kaylin with an expectant smile.

"Not your girlfriend," Kaylin told him in a sing-song voice.

Ingrid smiled.

Klaus smirked, looking at Ray. "Either way, she compelled everybody in the bar, so don't look to them for any help. My sister and I, however, we're something else. A different breed of monsters."

"Monsters being the key word," Kaylin told them.

Klaus and Ingrid smirked.

Ingrid looked at Ray. "We've got some vampire, we've got some wolf."

"You what?" Ray asked.

"A hybrid, Ray," Ingrid answered. "We're both. You see, we want to create more of us."

"Now, you being the first werewolf that we've come across in many a moon, pun intended, Ray, we need you to direct us to your pack," Klaus told him. "So, where can we find them, Ray?"

"You can't compel me," Ray told them. "It won't work."

Kaylin hid a smile, scratching her head. Klaus and Ingrid looked at Kaylin, nodding.

Kaylin turned around, taking out a little baggy of wolfsbane from her back pocket, looking at the bartender. "Can you bring out the darts, please?" She looked at Ray. "Tell you what, Ray. We're gonna play a little drinking game, something I like to call truth or wolfsbane." She poured the wolfsbane into her fingers, crushing it. "And I like to take pleasure in the games I play."

"Oh, she really does, Ray," Klaus told him. "This is gonna be fun."

(End of Song)

---

Memphis, Tennessee

House - Outside

Stefan, Nathan and Damon pulled up to the Tennessee house, meeting up with Jack and Charlotte Hunter.

Damon looked down at his phone as it rang. The Caller I.D read: Nikki Cola

Charlotte looked at the Caller ID. "'Nikki Cola'? Really? That's your Caller ID for Nicola? Oh, she would hate you for that." Damon made a face, hitting ignore. "I don't know why you three don't come clean and tell her where we are."

"Because Andie said this was a half lead, and we don't want to get her hopes up," Nathan answered.

"Yeah, well, they're all half leads, and you guys live in the same house as her," Jack told them. "Nicola and Kaylin were closer than basically anyone we know. She's gonna find out eventually."

"Not today," Damon told them, looking around.

"It's quiet," Stefan told them.

Charlotte raised her eyebrows, smirking. "Yeah. Too quiet."

---

Inside - Foyer

Jack tested the door with his foot, free to walk in. "Oh, yeah."

Damon, Nathan and Charlotte followed.

Stefan walked inside, closing the door, looking around.

---

Living Room

Jack, Charlotte, Nathan, Stefan and Damon walked in.

They found the bodies of the two women on the couch.

"Vampire for sure," Stefan told them. Damon grabbed the woman's right wrist, seeing 'K' slashed all along the veins. "'K' carved into all the major arteries on the right wrist, and 'S' carved in on the left of the one they want to suffer because it hurts like hell and takes forever to bleed out if you do it the right way. Kaylin's signature from when she was bad."

Damon grabbed the woman's left wrist, seeing 'S' slashed all along the veins. "Yep, Kaylin, for sure."

Nathan turned the woman's arm over to reveal a rose pattern carved from the wrist all the way up to the elbow intricately into it, but the blood had been wiped away. "Definitely Kaylin."

Charlotte and Jack were shocked to know that the sweet innocent human girl they had known in 1864 had turned into something like this, not once, but more times.

---~---

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Salvatore Boarding House - Living Room

Liv, Ashley, Gabriella, Alex, Elena, Eliza, Caroline, Nicola, Tyler and Kacie were all preparing for the birthday party tonight.

Nicola was taking napkins from Eliza. "I feel like I have to fight Nathan, Damon and Stefan every single time we get a lead on Kaylin. I mean, the only reason Kaylin left with Klaus and Ingrid was so that she could save Cristian's life, and so that they would let Stefan and Justin go. I just don't know why they're putting up a fight."

Liv, Ashley and Gabriella exchanged a knowing, guilty look.

"Well, Liv, Ash and Gabby said that Cristian and Justin are looking for her," Alex told them. "I mean, really looking for them, because they blame themselves for her giving herself over to the hybrids, because she did it to save Cristian's life, and for them to let Justin go, and they were her best friends at different points of her life, and now they're both her best friends."

Elena's phone beeped. "I missed a call from Bonnie. I'll be right back."

"Oh, I wanna talk to her," Alex told her.

"Me too," Ashley agreed.

Ashley, Alex and Elena walked out, leaving.

Liv looked at her phone. "Lindsey went to visit Luke and Ryan. She was supposed to call me by now."

"Wait, I knew you were hanging out with Lindsey Davis again, even after Tory Donovan had to leave because of the fire, Liv," Gabriella told her. "You were hanging out with Luke and Ryan Thompson, too?"

"Yeah, before Luke and Ryan had to leave because of their Mom dying," Liv answered.

Gabriella nodded in understanding. "I remember you hanging out with Tory, Lindsey, Ryan and Luke. And that Tory and Luke were together, and so were Lindsey and Ryan."

"Well, Tory and Luke obviously had to break up because of the fire and Tory moving away," Liv told her. "And Luke going to his Mom with Ryan."

Gabriella nodded. "Obviously."

"But Lindsey and Ryan are still together, or trying to be, anyway," Liv explained. "Hey, Gabby, if I go call Lindsey right now and ask if we can speak to Luke and Ryan, you wanna talk to them, too?"

Gabriella smiled. "Sure. Lindsey saved your life the night of the sacrifice. And I would love to hear from Luke and Ryan again. And Tory, if they ever let her come back."

Liv and Gabriella left the room.

Nicola got out her phone. "I already tried to call Nathan, Stefan and Damon, and they're not answering. I'm gonna go try to call Nate again, so..."

Nicola walked out, leaving.

Eliza smiled a small smile, looking from Kacie to Tyler and Caroline. "Kacie, help me set up the surround system."

"Oh, okay," Kacie told her.

Eliza and Kacie walked out, leaving.

Tyler looked at Caroline. "I've gotta run if I'm gonna change and pick up Sophie in time."

"Wait," Caroline told him. "You're bringing a date? Slutty Sophie is your date?"

"Hey, it's been kinda slow in that department," Tyler told her. "And... I am horny all the time now."

Caroline suppressed a smile, looking down. "Yeah, tell me about it. Sometimes, I feel like I'm gonna explode." She looked up. "It's a... vampire... thing. Yeah, our emotions are heightened, and we're on overdrive."

Tyler stepped closer. "It's a werewolf thing, too. Just like I can't turn it off."

Caroline nodded in agreement. "Yeah." There was an awkward beat of silence. "Well, uh, I hope you'll get lucky tonight."

Tyler laughed. "I'll see you later."

"Yeah, see you later," Caroline told him.

Tyler walked out, leaving.

Caroline frowned.

---

Parlor

Kacie and Eliza stood on opposite sides of the table.

"So, who are you bringing to the party?" Eliza asked. "Anyone I know?"

"Eliza, who the hell don't you know in this town?" Kacie asked. Eliza smiled. "And, yes, you know him. His name's Gage."

"Alson, the hottie?" Eliza asked. Kacie chuckled. "I hear he's really sweet, too."

"I could go for more of the sweet, less of the badass supernatural assholes around here," Kacie told her.

Eliza smiled, laughing. "Right?"

"What about you?" Kacie asked. "Jeremy still taking you?"

"I am meeting him there," Eliza answered.

Eliza seemed thoughtful and distant.

Kacie hesitated, looking up at her. "You okay?"

Eliza looked up, shaking it off, clearing her throat. "Yeah, yeah, it's just... he's been having a really hard time since Bonnie and Lindsey did the spell."

"He died and was brought back by two witches," Kacie told her. "That's bound to mess with his head."

"Yeah, but it's..." Eliza trailed off. "It's like he's keeping most of it to himself. Like he's putting on a good face to protect me."

"And is that a bad thing?" Kacie asked.

Eliza hesitated, looking down, unsure, her voice soft. "I don't know."

---

Memphis, Tennessee

House - Living Room

Jack and Charlotte were pouring gasoline over the bodies and the floor.

"What are you doing?" Damon asked.

"Covering their tracks," Jack answered. "Clearly, they have no interest staying in the dark, but I do."

"Funny you say that, Jack, considering Stefan's the one that we have had hell and trouble trying to get him back on the rails," Nathan told him.

"I'm trying, Nathan," Stefan told him. "Ingrid compelled me to only change if I want to change, and if anyone tried to lock me up or try to change me..."

"You have to try to kill them," Damon finished. "Yeah, We know. You would've ended up killing somebody if it hadn't been for Jack, Charlie and Cristian."

Stefan sighed.

Jack's phone rang. He took it out, seeing that it was Cristian calling. "Speak of the devil." He sighed, answering. "Not a good time, Cris."

Cristian was standing outside of Southern Comfort with Justin. "Well, I'd say it's the perfect time. Justin and I found Kaylin."

Charlotte, Stefan, Damon and Nathan turned to Jack, gesturing for him to put it on speaker.

Jack put his phone on speaker. "How did you and Justin find Kaylin before we did?"

"Because Cristian and I are not worried about keeping the fact that we're looking for Kaylin away from anyone," Justin answered. "Maybe if you guys told Nicola that you're actually looking for her, you would've found her before we did."

"Justin's right," Cristian told them. "You guys need to tell Nicola."

"All right, get to the point," Charlotte told them. "Where is she?"

"In Toll, Tennessee," Cristian answered. "With Klaus and Ingrid. And they don't trust that she won't take off if she's alone, so Klaus has been by her side the entire time. They're tracking werewolves so that they can make more hybrids."

Jack sighed. "Good to know."

"Cristian, Justin, get out of there," Damon told them. "We can track her from here, but it won't be worth saving her if the guys that she gave her freedom for get themselves killed for trying to save her."

"Nice to know you care," Cristian told him.

Damon scoffed. "I don't care. But Kaylin does, and so does Little Liv, for Cris, anyway, since Liv doesn't really know you, Justin. And if they find out that you two got caught because you're doing us a favor, they will kill us themselves. I'd rather avoid that."

Jack, Charlotte, Nathan and Stefan rolled their eyes.

Cristian and Justin smirked in amusement.

"I never say this, but he is right about one thing," Charlotte told them. "Cris, if you get yourself killed or nearly killed because you're being a hero martyr again, I will kill you myself. And Justin, too. Get back to Mystic Falls, now. We'll meet you there."

Jack hung up.

Charlotte lit a match, tossing it to the floor.

Soon, the whole living room was on fire.

Charlotte, Jack, Nathan, Stefan and Damon walked out, leaving.

---

Toll, Tennessee

Southern Comfort

(Song) Means to an End - Trent Dabbs

Ray was chained to the wall, darts in his body, in a lot of pain.

Kaylin was sitting on a table, dipping a dart's end into the wolfbane, throwing it into Ray's neck, making him groan in pain. She laughed.

Klaus was watching, enjoying that Kaylin was having fun, no matter how hard she tried not to.

"Ray, you can end this right now," Kaylin told him, standing, walking closer to him with two darts in her hands. "Just tell me where your pack gathers for the full moon."

"I can't," Ray told her.

"I know, I know," Kaylin told him. "You live by code and all that crap, but see, they're not gonna let me stop until you tell me. And to be honest..." She tilted her head, looking out of the corner of her eyes. "I'm actually enjoying myself a little bit, so..."

Kaylin ran the tip of a dart down his chest, slicing in a line, making him groan in pain because of the wolfsbane. She drew two more lines connected to the line, making a 'K'.

A woman walked toward Ingrid. "Hello, Miss Ingrid." Klaus saw the woman talking to Ingrid, standing, walking closer. Kaylin was listening in. "I have some more information for you." Kaylin looked at Ray, stabbing him in the side of the neck with the dart, making him groan in pain. She walked closer to the woman, Ingrid and Klaus. "You told me to tell you if I saw anything. I saw two men outside. Cristian Hunter and Justin Benson. They were on the phone with Jack and Charlotte Hunter, and Nathan, Stefan and Damon Salvatore, talking about your friend Kaylin. I tried to come in to tell you when they were still here, but they disappeared before I could get the chance. They're not here anymore."

"Well, thank you, Claudine," Ingrid told her. "You'll just keep up the good work."

Claudine walked away.

Kaylin appeared next to Klaus and Ingrid. "My best friends and my brothers are still on our trail?"

"They're getting closer," Ingrid told her. "We're gonna have to deal with that."

Klaus started to walk past Kaylin.

Kaylin turned after Klaus, grabbing his arm to stop him. "No, no, no. Let me handle it."

"Why should I let you leave?" Klaus asked.

"'Cause you know I'll come back," Kaylin answered.

Klaus gave her an amused look. "Do I?"

"You saved Cristian's life, and you let Stefan and Justin go," Kaylin told them. "I owe you."

"Ah, don't lie to me, Kaylin," Klaus told her, looking and pointing at Ray, smiling. "I can always tell when you're lying. I know you're having the time of your life."

Kaylin didn't answer. "I'll make sure that Cristian, Charlie, Jack, Justin and my brothers don't bother us anymore."

Kaylin walked away, leaving.

Ingrid looked at Klaus knowingly, smirking. "Seems a little too perfect here, doesn't it?"

Klaus was slightly annoyed. "Grid..."

"Kaylin may be having fun, Nik, and she may be trying to convince herself that she's not having fun, but she's also sad because she misses everyone back home," Ingrid pointed out. "You know that. I know the real reason why you wanted to bring her with us. Rosalita told us to start a war in Mystic Falls with Kaylin and everyone she cares about. You think that if we left the town, with Kaylin with us, that we could avoid Rosa's mind control. That you could protect Kaylin, but Rosa's mind control is still trying to convince us to go back there and start that war."

"I don't need a therapist, thanks," Klaus told her, walking away.

Ingrid smirked smugly.

(End of Song)

---

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Night - Salvatore Boarding House - Stefan's Room

(Song) Make It Without You - Andrew Belle

Elena was standing in front of the mirror.

Stefan walked in, leaning on the doorway behind her.

Elena was nervous to see him. "Don't worry. I'm not gonna lose it. At least not before the cake."

"It's your party," Stefan told her. "You can cry if you want to." He walked toward her. "I got you something. I know I promised not to buy you anything, so don't worry. I didn't pay for it."

Elena turned to face him. "You stole it?"

"No," Stefan answered. He held up a little box. They stood just inches apart. "Found it."

Stefan opened the little box, revealing Elena's necklace.

Elena was surprised. "My necklace. I thought I'd never see it again."

"Alaric found it in his loft," Stefan told her. "Thought you'd be happy to have it back."

"I am happy," Elena told him. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," Stefan told her.

"Can you?" Elena asked.

"Absolutely," Stefan answered.

Elena turned around, pulling her hair up.

Stefan put the necklace on Elena.

Elena turned to face him. "Stefan, thank you. But I don't know if I can do this anymore. And it's not you. It's the compulsion. You have to believe that."

Stefan nodded. "I know."

"Everyone has tried to help you," Elena told him. "And you struck back in retaliation. At Damon, at Nathan, at Nicola, at Alex, Cristian, Jack and Charlie, Justin... at me. And you and I both know that the compulsion will only break when you're ready to ask for help so that you can change back. And until then, I can't be with you. I'm sorry, Stefan."

Stefan nodded understandingly. "It's fine. I understand. This is on me to fix. And I'll do my best to try."

Elena nodded.

(End of Song)

---

Hallway

(Song) Hello - Martin Solveig & Dragonette

The party was underway.

Damon and Alex walked down the stairs. They walked through the party, arms linked. They stopped in the doorway of the living room, where the rest of the party was, in a large crowd.

A girl walked past Damon and Alex with a bottle in her hand.

Damon grabbed her arm to stop her. "Oh, hey, hey, hey. You don't want that." He compelled her. "You want the cheap young stuff over by the cheap young people."

The girl walked away.

Stefan and Elena joined Damon and Alex.

Eliza and Caroline walked toward them, smiling.

Eliza looked at Elena and Alex. "You like?" Elena and Alex looked at them in confusion, opening their mouths to speak. Eliza pointed at Elena and Alex. "Don't answer that."

Liv, Ashley and Gabriella walked toward them.

"This is keeping it small?" Alex asked. Eliza and Caroline merely smiled. Alex rolled her eyes. Gabriella smiled. Ashley and Liv smirked. Elena sighed. "What are we drinking?"

"Yes, I need something, now," Liv told them.

Caroline offered her arm to Elena.

Elena smiled, taking her arm.

Eliza offered her arm to Alex.

Alex smiled, taking her arm. She offered her other arm to Liv. Liv smiled, taking her arm, offering her other arm to Ashley.

Ashley smiled, taking her arm, offering her other arm to Gabriella.

Gabriella smiled, taking her arm.

Caroline and Eliza linked their free arms together, leading Elena, Alex, Liv, Ashley and Gabriella away.

They saw Nicola looking around in boredom.

"Oh, wait," Eliza told them, unlinking her arms, walking toward Nicola. "Nicola. Thanks for letting us have the party here."

"Did I have a choice?" Nicola asked in sarcastic confusion.

Eliza hesitated. "Well, no. But thanks anyway."

"Shouldn't you be having fun?" Caroline asked.

"I don't do parties, guys," Nicola told them. "I don't like them."

"You don't like people," Liv told her.

"No, I like people," Nicola told them. "Just not drunk idiot people. I'll be fine on my own, thank you."

"Well, consider this opposite day or reverse psychology or whatever," Eliza told her, linking her arm with Nicola's, pulling her along.

Caroline pulled Elena, Alex, Liv, Ashley and Gabriella along.

"Eliza..." Nicola trailed off.

Eliza pulled Nicola through the crowd, toward a guy with dark hair, green eyes and pale skin. "This is your date for tonight."

Caroline pulled Elena, Alex, Liv, Ashley and Gabriella to a stop.

Nicola looked from the guy to Eliza. "I don't even know him, no way."

Nicola started to walk away.

Eliza pulled Nicola back. "Then get to know him."

Eliza gave Nicola a push toward him.

Caroline, Elena, Alex, Liv, Ashley and Gabriella smiled a little.

Nicola gave them a look. She looked at the guy.

Eliza hopped up on the other side of Caroline, linking her arm with hers, smiling.

Caroline and Eliza pulled Elena, Alex, Liv, Ashley and Gabriella along.

The guy looked at Nicola. "I'm Brandon."

"Hey, Brandon, I need a bourbon," Nicola told him, walking away.

Brandon frowned in confusion.

(End of Song)

---

Library

(Song) Shooting the Moon - Mona

Jeremy was sitting on the couch, rolling a joint between his fingers.

Matt sat with him. "Where did you get that?"

"Henry from the kitchen sold me a dime," Jeremy answered.

Matt took the joint, lighting it. "So what's got you on your spiral downward? Sure it's a lot more interesting than mine."

"You do not want to know," Jeremy told him.

Matt took a blow. "How bad can it be? I already know everything else." He offered the joint to Jeremy. "Go for it."

Jeremy took the joint, considering for a moment, leaning closer to Matt. "You know I died, right? And Bonnie and Lindsey used magic to bring me back to life?"

"Yeah, Eliza told me," Matt answered.

"The thing is, ever since I came back, I've been seeing... things," Jeremy told him.

"What kind of things?" Matt asked.

"Just... things I shouldn't be seeing," Jeremy answered.

"What's Eliza say about it?" Matt asked.

Jeremy leaned back in his seat. "Nah, I haven't told her. I haven't told anybody. Just messing with my head is all. I just need to chill out, so... this."

Jeremy held up the joint.

Matt stood.

Eliza, Caroline, Elena, Alex, Liv, Ashley and Gabriella walked in.

"Oh... the stoner den," Liv told them. She sang the next two words. "Buzz kill."

Matt walked toward them, smiling. "Hey, guys."

"Matt, hey," Gabriella told him.

Matt kissed Alex and Elena both on the cheek.

Elena smiled. "Oh."

"Happy Birthday," Matt told them.

"Thank you," Alex told him.

Matt walked out, leaving.

"He hates me," Caroline told them. "His hatred of me has driven him to drugs."

"He doesn't hate you," Ashley told her. "He hates that he's not with you."

Eliza looked over to the couch to see who was there. "Is that Jeremy?"

Alex handed Caroline her drink. "Thank you."

Elena, Alex, Liv, Ashley and Gabriella walked away, leaving.

Caroline and Eliza were watching.

Caroline took a sip of her drink.

Eliza sighed, walking toward Jeremy. "Jer, hey."

Jeremy smiled when he saw her, standing up. "Hey, Eliza."

Jeremy kissed Eliza slowly and sweetly, pulling away.

Eliza looked up at him in concern. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm good," Jeremy answered.

"You've just been weird all summer," Eliza told him.

"No, not weird, just... good," Jeremy told her.

Eliza pressed her lips together. "Is it what Bonnie and Lindsey did to bring you back?"

(End of Song)

Jeremy looked behind her.

Anna was standing behind Eliza.

Eliza looked at Jeremy in confusion, looking over her shoulder, but she didn't see anything. She looked at Jeremy.

Jeremy looked at Eliza. "Yeah, I think it is. I just... I need something to drink."

"Okay," Eliza told him quietly.

Jeremy walked out, leaving.

Eliza watched him go in confused concern.

---

Night - Outside

(Song) What You Know - Two Door Cinema Club

Charlotte, Justin, Stefan, Damon, Nathan, Jack and Cristian were talking.

"Cristian and I were so close," Justin told them. "But we know that even we're not that good of a match against two hybrids."

"Yeah, don't be too hard on yourselves," Jack told them.

"Yeah, easy for you to say, Jack," Cristian told him. "Kaylin's in this mess because of me. Because she saved me. And when I was that close to bringing her home, I had to leave because Klaus and Ingrid were right inside. And now I'm here in teenager hell."

"I love high school parties," Charlotte told them.

Jack smirked. "Of course you do, Charlie."

"Isn't Andie supposed to be coming with more information?" Stefan asked.

Damon nodded. "Ten o'clock broadcast. Should be here in a little bit."

"Good," Nathan told them. "We need more info, now."

Elena, Alex, Liv, Ashley and Gabriella walked toward Charlotte, Justin, Stefan, Damon, Nathan, Jack and Cristian.

Justin looked at Elena and Alex. "Hello, Birthday Girls."

Liv held her hand toward Cristian's expensive glass filled with expensive alcohol. "Drink."

Liv didn't wait for an answer, taking the glass. Elena took Stefan's glass.

Ashley took Jack's glass.

Gabriella took Nathan's glass.

Alex took the bottle from Damon, opening it, looking from Elena on one side of her to Liv, Ashley and Gabriella on the other, shrugging. "Let's drink."

Alex drank from the bottle.

Elena, Liv, Ashley and Gabriella downed their glasses.

Charlotte, Justin, Stefan, Damon, Nathan, Jack and Cristian looked at them in surprise.

"Jeremy's smoking again," Ashley explained.

Alex continued to drink from the bottle.

"Is his stash any good?" Damon asked.

Elena, Alex, Liv, Ashley and Gabriella rolled their eyes.

Liv looked at Damon in annoyance. "You're an ass." Charlotte, Justin, Stefan, Nathan, Jack and Cristian smirked. Liv looked at Justin and Stefan. "I don't know why you're smirking. Justin, you can be a dick just as much, too."

"Yeah, I know, Liv, thanks," Justin told her.

"And Stefan's been a bigger ass than Damon has been for the last few months," Liv pointed out. "And that's saying something. And Nathan, even you, you're being an ass to Nicola by not telling her the truth about looking for Kaylin."

Nathan looked around to make sure that Nicola was not around, giving her a look. "Liv. We will tell her. We just don't want to get Nikki's hopes up."

"But the three of you are making Nicola believe that you're not looking for Kaylin at all, which makes you asses," Liv replied.

Stefan, Damon and Nathan knew she was right, sighing, guilty, nodding in acknowledgement.

"And what does that make your boyfriend, or his family?" Damon asked.

"Oh, Cristian and Jack can be asses, and Charlie can be a bitch, but mostly when it comes to protecting their friends, family, or trying to find your sister, unlike you," Liv told them. "At least they have good reasons to be asses or a bitch, and they're not asses or a bitch as often as the two of you are." She took the bottle from Alex, taking a drink. "Goodbye."

Liv winked at Cristian, walking away, taking a drink.

Cristian looked at the others. "Oh, now that Little Liv's a vampire, you're all screwed."

Stefan sighed. "Yeah."

Charlotte smirked. "I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Cris. The fire inside of Little Liv reminds me of the fire inside me, and that's why I love her for you, and love her in general."

Jack smirked. "Right."

Elena, Alex, Ashley and Gabriella smiled small smiles.

(End of Song)

---

WPKW9 Studio - Office

Andie Starr was walking through the office, talking on the phone. "Yeah. Uh-huh. Uh-huh." She waved and whispered to a man passing by. "Bye." She spoke into the phone. "Uh-huh. Okay, I--I am the last person here again." The man turned off the lights, walking out, leaving. "Days of work, please can we do this in the AM? I have a party I have to get to and you gotta get a life. Okay, all right. Bye-bye."

Andie hung up, walking out of the office.

---

Studio 3

Andie walked in, picking up her bag. She turned around to leave.

A bright spotlight turned on, pointing at Andie, blinding her.

Andie used her hand to shield her eyes. "Hello? Not cool. My retinas are burning." She stepped out of the light. The light moved to shine on her again. "Okay. Okay, seriously, who'd... What the hell are you doing?" There was no answer. The light was turned off. "Hello? Hello?" Andie started to run for the exit, tripping over a wire on the floor. The light turned back on. A person walked in front of the light. All that could be told was a silhouette of a woman with long hair. Andie stood, running toward the exit. Kaylin appeared in front of her to stop her. Andie gasped in relief. "Oh! Kaylin! Oh, my God! Oh, my God, what are you doing here? We have been looking everywhere for you. Stefan's still having trouble with his urges since you left, we..." Kaylin didn't answer, tilting her head, smiling a small, taunting smile. "Kaylin?"

Andie became scared with Kaylin's actions.

Kaylin started to transform, still smiling the small, taunting smile.

---~---

Salvatore Boarding House - Living Room

(Song) Hawk Eyes - The Kicks

People were dancing and drinking at the party.

Kacie was dancing with a boy, presumably Gage, as she and Eliza had been talking about him earlier, dancing against him.

Tyler and a blonde girl were dancing, presumably Sophie, as he and Caroline had been talking about her earlier.

Caroline was standing on the edge, looking at Tyler and Sophie in jealousy, drinking from a bottle.

Eliza joined her. "You're so jealous."

"I am not," Caroline denied.

"Liar," Eliza told her. She looked at Caroline. "You know, if it hadn't been for you, Ashley and Bonnie, I wouldn't have gotten with Jeremy in the first place, so let me tell you something, help you out. Yes, he is a werewolf, and you are a vampire, but don't let that hold you back from what you really want."

"Thanks, Eliza," Caroline told her.

Eliza smiled, noticing that Matt coming closer. "Oh, and while you're at it, be nice to Matt, and Alex, since, you know, he's Tyler's best friend, and Alex's one of yours, and all."

Eliza started to walk away.

Matt looked at Eliza, smiling. "Hey, Eliza."

"Bye, Matt," Eliza told him, walking away, leaving.

Matt joined Caroline, looking at Tyler and Sophie. "Since when are they a thing?"

"I thought you were ignoring me," Caroline told him.

"I'm not ignoring you," Matt told her.

"You only said five words to me all summer, and those were four of them," Caroline told him.

"Maybe because every time I've seen you, you've been with him," Matt told her.

"Because he's my friend," Caroline told him. "Which is what I thought you were."

"Aren't you guys supposed be, like, mortal enemies?" Matt asked. "I mean, isn't that how it works in the vampire/werewolf universe."

Caroline looked around to make sure no one was listening. "Matt, shh!" Tyler looked toward them. "What is wrong with you?"

"I don't know," Matt told her. "I'm out of it... I guess." Tyler walked toward them. "Sorry."

Matt walked away, leaving.

Tyler looked at Caroline. "What was that about?"

Caroline sighed. "Nothing."

Sophie walked closer. "Great party, Caroline."

Caroline forced a smile. "Thanks." She compelled Sophie. "Now leave it."

Sophie walked out, leaving.

Tyler looked from Sophie to Caroline. "What the hell?"

Caroline didn't answer, walking away through the crowd.

Kacie and Gage were still dancing.

Kacie saw people were holding up a guy to chug from the tin beer keg. She smiled, stepping away from Gage, taking his hand, leading him toward the keg. "My turn."

Kacie let go of Gage's hand, walking toward the keg.

Gage followed, smirking in amusement.

Ashley was watching. "All right, Kacie!"

Gage stepped up behind Kacie. "Here." Kacie turned to face him. "I'll help you up."

Kacie shook her head, smiling again. "I got it."

Kacie turned to the keg, grabbing either side of it, pushing off the floor with both of her feet.

Another guy held the tube to Kacie's mouth.

Kacie's hair and brown vest were falling toward the keg. She drank as much as she wanted.

People were cheering.

Gage was looking at Kacie, nodding an approving nod, smiling in satisfaction.

Kacie was done. She let her legs swing to the floor. She wiped her mouth, smiling at everybody, turning around to face them. "And that's how it's done."

Everyone cheered even more.

Alex and Ashley were clapping and smiling.

Gage walked up to Kacie. "You're kinda badass."

Kacie nodded, smiling. "So I've been told."

Gage took Kacie's hand, spinning her around, lowering her into a dramatic dip, kissing her.

Everyone cheered.

Alex and Ashley were laughing.

Gage pulled Kacie up, turning to her, kissing her even more deeply. Kacie wrapped her arms around his neck, continuing to kiss him.

Jack walked in, seeing Gage and Kacie kissing, looking away awkwardly.

Ashley saw him, walking closer. "Jack, hey." She looked at Kacie and Gage. "I know, seeing an ex with somene else like that in public..."

"It's fine, Ashley," Jack told her. "Kacie's moved on. I'm happy for her. And I've moved on, too. In fact, Nathan even suggested for us to move on together."

Ashley smiled. "I know. And that's why Nathan's still one of my closest friends. And I loved this past summer with you and me, Jack."

"I loved it, too," Jack agreed.

Jack and Ashley smiled, kissing passionately, pulling away. Kacie saw them from across the room. Jack and Ashley looked confused as to what her reaction to be. Kacie nodded reassuringly, smiling a small smile. Jack and Ashley smiled at the fact Kacie was happy for them too, nodding in return.

Charlotte and Justin were watching everything from the side of the room.

Charlotte smirked. "So much drama and love triangles either resolved and finished, or not. Who needs vampires, witches, werewolves and hybrids when there's so much drama?"

Justin smirked. "Right."

Charlotte and Justin clinked their glasses, drinking.

Gabriella was standing near the front door, drinking alone, looking around nervously.

Nathan walked inside to get more booze, stopping when he saw her. "Gabby? You okay?"

Gabriella looked up, surprised, nodding. "Yeah. Just... first party since everyone knows I'm back from the dead, figuratively for them of course."

"Right," Nathan agreed. "We kinda had to compel most people in this town not to ask questions as to why you're back. Luckily, there's not much vervain in town at the moment, so we could do it."

"Yeah," Gabriella agreed. "Just after spending so much time locked up with Rosalita, and being..."

Nathan walked closer understandingly. "Gabby, you're not there anymore. You're not with Rosalita. She's gone."

"But she could come back here, Nathan," Gabriella told him. "You know that. She said that she had things to do before she had to come back here, but that she was in fact coming back. And when she does, there's nothing anyone can do to stop her from doing anything she wants, or making us do anything she wants."

Nathan placed his hands on her arms to calm her down, nodding. "Don't worry. We'll figure it out. Okay?"

Gabriella nodded, sighing. "Okay."

They looked at each other, managing small smiles.

Ashley and Jack saw them from across the room, frowning slightly in confusion, exchanging a look.

---

Outside

Stefan, Damon and Cristian were sitting alone, still drinking and talking.

Nathan walked closer. "Hey, I got more booze."

"Just in time, Nate, because Andie wants the four of us to meet her at the studio," Damon told him. "Apparently, she doesn't trust the information around all of these people in case someone overhears."

"Smart," Cristian told them.

"Yeah, I guess," Stefan told them.

"What about Justin, Charlie and Jack?" Cristian asked.

"We'll tell them about whatever we find out when we get back," Nathan answered. "They're all inside, having fun and drinking the night away. So let's just go and fill them in later."

Stefan and Damon nodded in agreement.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Cristian asked. "Andie's the only one who's been able to help us with this with something other than the dead ends that Sheriff's come up with. Come on. Let's go. The sooner we find Kaylin and save her, the better."

Stefan, Nathan and Damon nodded in agreement.

They stood, walking away, leaving.

(End of Song)

---

Inside - Hallway

Nicola was walking through the hall alone.

Brandon walked in, seeing her, smiling drunkenly. "Nicola! Wanna dance?"

"I don't dance," Nicola told him, trying to walk around him and toward the stairs.

Brandon stepped in front of her, making her stop. "Or, you know, we could do something a little more fun."

Brandon walked closer.

Nicola backed away. "You're drunk, I don't know you, and I don't wanna know you. Get out of my way."

"Come on, don't be like that," Brandon told her, making Nicola back into the wall, grabbing her waist, kissing Nicola deeply, drunkenly.

Nicola pushed him back. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Oh, come on, it's a party," Brandon told her, smiling, trying to kiss Nicola again.

Nicola grabbed the side of Brandon's head, hitting it against the wall hard enough to make him fall unconscious. She let him go, letting him fall to the floor, sighing. "I don't do parties."

Nicola walked upstairs.

---

Kaylin's Room

Nicola walked in, sighing, looking around.

Liv was in the bathroom, holding a blood bag. "This room's off limits."

Nicola turned to face her. "Liv?"

"Sorry," Liv told her. "I just needed to take a beat. And Kaylin still has the best supply of blood in town." She put down the blood bag, gesturing to the open refrigerator with many blood bags inside, walking closer, crossing her arms over her chest. "Eliza didn't give you a date so you could ditch him."

"Eliza gave me a date that deserved to be ditched," Nicola replied. "Did she just pick him randomly?"

"Maybe," Liv answered. "So, are you hiding from Brandon?"

Nicola looked to the side. "I don't need to hide from him, Liv. I knocked him out." Liv laughed. "I was just looking for Damon. He, Cristian, Nathan and Stefan are MIA. And I came here, because the party atmosphere is a little more than I can take right now, and..."

"And coming to Kaylin's room, the party girl of the century, might make the party a little more bearable," Liv finished. "Trust me, I get it. But Cristian, Nathan, Stefan and Damon better be here somewhere because we haven't even done the cake yet." Nicola rolled her eyes, walking away, noticing that Kaylin's closet door was opened a crack, walking closer. "What are you doing?" Nicola opened the closet door all the way, seeing all the notes and maps and articles that Stefan, Nathan and Damon used to search for Klaus, Kaylin and Ingrid. Liv walked closer. "What are you looking at?"

"This stuff about Klaus, Kaylin and Ingrid," Nicola answered. "Nathan, Stefan and Damon have been tracking them without me."

Liv walked closer, closing her eyes, sighing. "Nicola..."

"What?" Nicola asked. When Liv didn't answer, Nicola turned to face her. "What, Liv?"

"Stefan, Nathan and Damon have been working with Cristian, Charlie, Jack and Justin to find Kaylin," Liv answered. "Ashley, Gabby and I knew about it because Cristian, Nathan and Justin told us just recently. And I didn't know any of that was there until you found it just now."

"Are you serious?" Nicola asked. "Well, if Stefan, Damon and Nathan were working with Cristian, Charlie, Jack and Justin to find Kaylin, why didn't they just tell me?"

Liv shook her head, not knowing what to tell her.

Nicola was getting angry, not Liv, or Gabriella and Ashley, but at her three ancestors that kept this secret from her.

---

WPKW 9 Studio - Office

Stefan, Damon, Nathan and Cristian walked in, looking for Andie.

Damon looked around playfully. "Andie?"

Stefan's phone rang. He pulled it out, answering the phone. "Party Central."

Nicola's voice was on the other line. "Where are you?"

Stefan looked at Damon and Nathan, knowing they were listening to the phone call.

Damon made a slitting motion over his throat to tell him not to tell her the truth.

Stefan spoke into the phone. "I'm by the... punch bowl, with Cristian, Damon and Nathan."

Cristian rolled his eyes, walking out of the office to look for Andie.

(Song) Anna Sun - Walk the Moon

Nicola was walking through the party, with the music in the background. "Don't do that, Stefan. Don't lie to me." She stopped walking, hesitating for only a second. "I saw Kaylin's closet."

Stefan and Nathan didn't know how to react.

Damon took the phone, speaking through it to Nicola. "Oh, oh, gotta go--gotta go break up beer pong."

Nicola tried to stop him a second too late. "Wait, Damon."

Nicola sighed, hanging up in defeat, looking around.

Damon hung up, looking at Stefan and Nathan.

(End of Song)

Nathan nodded, looking around. "Great."

Stefan raised his eyebrows. "Told you she'd figure it out soon. And I told you that is was better for her to know."

"No one likes a bragger, Stefan," Damon told him, tossing Stefan's phone to him.

Stefan caught it.

---

Studio 3

Cristian walked in. He found Andie's purse on the floor. He knew someone was behind him, turning around. "Kaylin."

"Hello, Cristian," Kaylin told him. Nathan, Stefan and Damon walked in, in shock from seeing their sister after so long. Kaylin turned to face them, smirking. "Hello, brothers."

Nathan shook it off. "You don't write, you don't call."

"Need you to stop following me," Kaylin told them. "Causing some..." She tilted her head. "Problems."

"With who?" Cristian asked. "Klaus and Ingrid? Are we supposed to care what they think?"

"What you're supposed to do is let me go," Kaylin told them.

"Saw your last artwork in Tennessee," Stefan told her. "Key word: artwork. Walking a fine line there, my friend. Keep that up, and there will be no saving you."

"See, the thing is, I don't need any saving," Kaylin told them. "I'm in complete control over who I am right now. I just want you to let me go."

"Nah, we got a very pissed-off-at-the-moment great niece at home that's not gonna let us do that," Damon told her.

Kaylin forced a smile, nodding. "You know, maybe I haven't made my point. Hey, Andie, you still there?"

"Andie?" Nathan repeated.

They looked up to Andie standing on a ledge up in the ceiling.

"Damon?" Andie asked. "Stefan? Nathan? Cristian. I can't move. She told me that I can't move."

"No, no, no, it's okay, Andie," Nathan told her. "Stay calm." He looked at Kaylin. "Not cool, sister!"

Kaylin smiled. "Aw, come on! It's a little bit cool. Huh? Hey, Andie. You can move now."

"No!" Cristian told her. "No, no, no, no, no, no!"

Kaylin took out a stake gun, shooting Nathan, Stefan and Damon all in the stomach, making them groan in pain and fall to the floor.

Cristian rushed toward Andie to save her. Kaylin rushed toward him, pushing him against the wall, pushing a stake into his stomach to stop another attack.

Andie fell to the floor, the impact being enough to kill her.

Kaylin threw Cristian to the floor next to Nathan, Stefan and Damon. "I said let me go!"

Nathan crawled toward Andie, but she was already dead.

Damon and Stefan looked over Nathan's shoulder at the message Kaylin had carved into Andie's arm.

Let me go.

Cristian stood to try to stop Kaylin from leaving, only to find that she was already gone.

Stefan, Nathan, Damon and Cristian looked at each other in horror.

---~---

Salvatore Boarding House - Outside

(Song) Starpusher - Location Location

Jeremy was walking toward his car.

Matt was in the driveway, looking around.

"What are you doing?" Jeremy asked.

Matt turned to face him, smiling. "I can't find my truck."

"That's probably a sign you shouldn't be driving it," Jeremy told him. "Need a ride?"

Matt walked closer. "You're more stoned than I am."

Jeremy got into his car.

(End of Song)

---

Jeremy's Car

Jeremy got into the driver's seat.

Vicki appeared in the passenger seat.

Jeremy gasped in shock. "What the... Vicki?"

"Help me," Vicki told him.

Matt opened the passenger seat door.

Vicki disappeared.

Matt got into the passenger seat, closing the door. "Hey. What'd you just say?"

Jeremy shook his head. "Nothing."

"Did you just say, 'Vicki', as in my sister Vicki?" Matt asked.

"What?" Jeremy asked. "No, no. I, uh, I didn't say anything." Matt leaned away. Jeremy started the car, turning the headlights on. Anna appeared in front of the car. Jeremy was in shock. "No."

Matt looked at Jeremy. "What's wrong?"

Jeremy turned the ignition off. "You know what? Maybe we should just walk."

---

Inside - Living Room

(Song) You Make Me Feel - Cobra Starship feat. Sabi

Caroline was walking through the party, drunk. "Excuse me. Excuse me."

Caroline grabbed a guy by the neck, lifting him off the floor, placing him aside so she could pass.

Tyler intercepted her. "Hey. What is your problem? You're pissed that I brought someone?"

"Why would I be pissed?" Caroline asked. "You brought a date. You're dating. That's... awesome."

"Okay, should I not be dating?" Tyler asked.

"Hey, you're horny all the time, right?" Caroline asked. "I mean, a guy has needs."

"Cause if I shouldn't be dating, all you've got to do is say something," Tyler told her. "If you don't say something, then I'm going to keep dating."

"What would I say?" Caroline asked.

"Don't do that, Caroline," Tyler told her. "I'm not going there unless you make it crystal clear that you--" Caroline kissed Tyler passionately. Tyler kissed her, deepening the kiss. They each had a hand on the other's cheek. After a moment, they pulled away, looking at each other. "Let's get out of here."

Caroline nodded. "Uh-huh."

Tyler and Caroline walked out, leaving.

Alex had been standing nearby, watching them go, smiling a small smile, happy for them, even if Tyler was her ex-boyfriend and Caroline was one of her best friends.

Cristian walked in somberly.

Liv walked up to him with a bottle of alcohol, a little drunk herself. "Hey! There you are. You missed the cake. Where have you been? I've been looking everywhere for you. Nicola and I found Kaylin's closet. Cristian, I had no idea Stefan, Damon and Nathan had Kaylin's closet set up like that, otherwise I would've stopped her from looking into it, but Nicola needed to know."

Cristian took a moment to respond, sighing somberly. "They didn't tell her because they didn't want to get her hopes up. They didn't want to plant false hope that we could actually save Kaylin. And they were right to do so, Liv."

"Why?" Liv asked. "What happened? What's wrong?" Cristian barely shook his head, unable to speak. Liv looked at him in concern. "Cris, what's wrong?"

Cristian didn't answer.

Liv didn't need an answer, wrapping her arms around Cristian comfortingly. Cristian slowly returned the embrace. Liv was concerned and worried, knowing that something had happened to make him feel this way, but not knowing what it was.

Charlotte and Jack walked up to them.

"Cristian?" Jack asked. "Liv?" They pulled away. Charlotte and Jack saw Cristian's face. "Cris, what's wrong?"

"Stefan, Damon, Nathan and I..." Cristian trailed off. "We saw Kaylin." They looked at him in shock. "She told us to let us go. She shot Stefan, Damon and Nathan with a stake gun, and she staked me in the stomach while I was trying to save Andie."

"Andie?" Charlotte repeated. "What did Kaylin do to Andie?"

"She compelled her to jump to her death," Cristian answered. They were in even more shock. "Andie's dead. And Kaylin's gone."

(End of Song)

---

Kaylin's Room

Nathan, Stefan and Damon walked in.

Nicola turned to face them, holding up a bunch of newspaper cuttings.

Damon looked annoyed. "What? What are you doing here?"

"Why didn't either of you tell me?" Nicola asked. "Why did you keep it a secret?"

"Can we not do this right now?" Nathan asked. "We're having a really bad night."

"All summer, every time me I came to you guys with a new lead, you made me feel like an idiot for having hope," Nicola told them, on the verge of being angry.

"You were an idiot," Stefan told her. "We all were."

"Tell me what you know, Nathan," Nicola told him.

"I know you need to get back to the party, Nikki," Nathan told her.

"We were all supposed to be in this together," Nicola told them angrily. "Why didn't you tell me that you were tracking Klaus and Ingrid's victims?"

Damon's anger rivaled Nicola's. "Because they're not their victims, Nicola, they're Kaylin's! But you already knew that, didn't you?"

Nicola looked down at the sticky notes labeling the bodies.

Klaus, Ingrid and Kaylin.

One of the pictures had a 'K' carved into someone's right wrist, an 'S' in the left.

K.S.

As in Kaylin Salvatore.

"She's left a trail of bodies up and down the eastern seaboard," Stefan told her. Nathan, Stefan and Damon were walking closer to Nicola. "We've seen it happen before. She's flipped the switch. She doesn't have her humanity, which was the only thing that kept her together."

Stefan hit the maps and articles out of Nicola's hands.

"Stop," Nicola told him. "Stefan!"

"No, you stop, Nicola!" Stefan told her. "Stop looking for her. Stop waiting for her to come home. Just stop! Kaylin is gone and she's not coming back. Not in your lifetime."

Nicola looked at Nathan, Stefan and Damon, hurt and in denial, pushing through them, walking toward the door, walking out, leaving, letting the door slam shut behind her.

Nathan, Stefan and Damon seemed to feel guilt about how harshly they treated her, not knowing how her reaction would hurt them, also.

---

Gilbert House - Kitchen

Jeremy and Matt were eating ice cream.

"All right, I should probably go before your sisters and Mr. Saltzman come home and see what a bad example I am," Matt told him.

"You sure you can walk?" Jeremy asked.

"We'll see," Matt told him. "Can I take the ice cream with me?" Jeremy nodded. Matt stood, taking the ice cream, turning to leave, but stopped, turning back. "What happened in the car, man?"

"Nothing," Jeremy told him.

"Come on, man," Matt told him. "You said, 'Vicki'. All right, you said my sister's name. Why? You said you were seeing things."

Jeremy sighed, nodding. "I've been seeing her."

"I mean, I think I see her all the time, too," Matt told him. "It's 'cause I miss her so much, though. You know, like I want to see her, so I do. Look, I know we've got our hands full with all the supernatural stuff in this town, but... ghosts?"

Jeremy chuckled barely. "Like I said, my head's all messed up."

Matt and Jeremy smiled.

Matt walked out, leaving.

Jeremy watched him go, looking troubled and concerned.

---

Toll, Tennessee

Southern Comfort

Ray was lying on his back on a pool table.

Ingrid was standing over him. "Okay, it's a three step process, Ray. This is step one. I want you to drink from my wrist."

"I already told you where to find the pack," Ray told her. Klaus walked closer. "What more do you want from me?"

"Have you been listening to a word we've been saying, Ray?" Klaus asked. "We have great plans for you." Ingrid cut her wrist, making Ray drink her blood. "You'll thank me and my sister for it later. There we go, attaboy."

Kaylin arrived.

"What are you going to do now?" Ray asked.

"It's time for step two, Ray," Ingrid told him, snapping his neck, killing him.

Klaus turned to face Kaylin. "You're back."

"Did you doubt me?" Kaylin asked.

"Not for a second," Klaus answered. "I knew you'd pass the test. You still care for your brothers, for the niece you all claimed as a sister, for your best friends, for your old life."

Kaylin shook her head. "Nah, I don't care about anything anymore."

"You put on a good show, Kaylin," Klaus told her. "I almost believe you. Let's hope for both your brothers' and best friends' sake, they do. You never stop caring about family or friends, do you? But every time you feed, maim or torment, it makes it easier to let go."

(Song) A Drop in the Ocean - Ron Pope

Klaus placed a hand on Kaylin's arm, smiling a small smile, walking away.

Kaylin looked as if she was about to break from guilt and devastation, because everything Klaus had said was true.

---

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Gilbert House - Living Room

Alaric was packing.

Gabriella, Ashley, Elena, Liv and Alex walked in.

"What are you doing?" Gabriella asked.

Alaric didn't face them. "Ah. I'm not going to stay here anymore."

"What?" Elena asked.

"Why?" Alex asked.

Alaric turned to face them. "I'm not a role model. You know, I drink too much, I say the wrong things, I encourage bad behavior."

"Then why are you a teacher?" Liv asked.

Alaric turned back to his bag. "At school, I can pull it together, but in my own life..." Alex sighed. "The way I miss Jenna, it's just, I'm really not any good to anybody right now."

Alaric grabbed his bags, walking toward the door.

"Ric..." Ashley trailed off.

Elena sighed.

Alaric turned around to face them. "I'm sorry, guys. Gabriella, you're back now. You can take care of your sisters and your brother. You can do it better without me."

Alaric opened the door, walking out, leaving.

Gabriella, Ashley, Elena, Liv and Alex watched him go sadly.

---

Liv's Room

Liv was lying on her bed, looking at a picture of Liv and Cristian on her phone, smiling a small smile.

Cristian appeared by the window.

Liv looked up.

Cristian slowly walked toward her on the bed, looking at Liv for a moment.

Liv sat up, nodding.

Cristian slowly laid on the bed next to her.

Liv laid back next to him, her head on his chest, his arm around her.

Cristian and Liv looked at the picture of themselves on the phone for a long moment. They looked at each other, kissing sweetly and softly.

---

Road

Eliza was walking down the street, toward her home, alone, taking the time it took to walk home to think about everything that was going on, looking down somberly.

---

Lockwood Mansion - Kacie's Room

Kacie and Gage were kissing wildly, hungrily and heatedly in the doorway of the room, backing into it, closing the door behind them. Gage pushed her against the wall, kissing her hungrily, sliding her vest off of her shoulders. Kacie took off her blouse, leaving her in a bra, kissing him hungrily. Gage raised Kacie from the floor so she could wrap her legs around his waist, still kissing her, walking toward the bed, sitting down with her straddling him. He started to kiss along her neck. Kacie was breathing heavily in pleasure. They didn't seem to be doing it out of love, leading to believe that it wasn't about love, but lust and craving to end the lust.

---

Tyler's Room

Tyler was kissing Caroline, pulling her dress over her head, letting it fall, leaving her in her bra and underwear. Caroline unbuttoned his shirt, taking it off. They continued to kiss, making their way toward the bed. Caroline unbuttoned Tyler's jeans, using vampire speed to pull his jeans off, letting them fall to the floor nearby the door. She pushed Tyler onto the bed, rushing closer, straddling him, kissing him passionately, hungrily and heatedly. Tyler had his hands in her hair, rolling her onto the bed with wolf speed. They continued to kiss as they began to take their feelings and their friendship and relationship to the next level.

---

Salvatore Boarding House - Kaylin's Room

Damon walked into his sister's room, pacing, looking around. He pushed everything off of a table, including glass objects, to the floor, making them shatter. He tipped over another table, making all of the objects fall to the floor. He pushed over a dresser, making everything fall. He picked up a chair, slamming it against the wall, making it break into splinters. He kicked a floor lamp, breaking it. He pushed over a table lamp, making it shatter. He picked up Kaylin's guitar, raising it over his head like he was going to smash it and break it.

Nathan appeared in front of him, catching the guitar before it hit the floor, saving it.

Stefan stood in the doorway.

The three brothers looked at each other, breathing heavily, in denial that they had lost their sister forever.

---

Nicola's Room

Nicola was in workout clothes, having a medication bottle on the desk in front of her. She poured some pills into her hand, tossing them into her mouth, picking up a glass of water, using it to wash the pills down. She looked to be in physical and emotional pain, gripping the glass in her hand so hard that she broke it. She had tears in her eyes, in denial that she had lost her great-great-great-great-great aunt that was more like a sister to her forever.

---

Toll, Tennessee

Southern Comfort - Outside

Kaylin walked of the bar, into the night. She actually felt guilt. For what she had done to Andie, Stefan, Damon, Nathan and Cristian. She held her head in her hands, holding her hair, tears in her eyes, slowly lowered to the ground, sitting there, her elbows on her knees. She let a single tear fall. She slowly took out her phone, looking at it, going through the contacts, looking at Stefan, Damon, Nathan, Nicola, Cristian, Charlotte, Jack and Justin's names more than she was looking at Elena, Alex, Ashley, Liv, Gabriella, Jeremy, Caroline, Eliza, Bonnie, Lindsey, Kacie, Tyler, Matt or Alaric's. She made a call.

---

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Salvatore Boarding House - Nicola's Room

Nicola was trying not to cry, repeatedly hitting the punching bag next to the window, just to blow off a little steam and get her through what Stefan, Damon and Nathan had said to her in their argument, and trying to get through what Kaylin was doing in her absence. She kept punching, kicking, kneeing and elbowing the bag.

Unknown to her, Nicola's phone was vibrating on the desk. The Caller ID said Unknown.

Nicola caught the bag to slow it down for a second, going back to punching, kicking, kneeing and elbowing the punching bag. She was angry yet determined and upset and devastated.

---

Toll, Tennessee

Southern Comfort - Outside

Kaylin was outside, sitting on the ground, trying to make the call.

It rang a few times.

Kaylin didn't think anyone would answer, about to hang up.

---

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Salvatore Boarding House - Nicola's Room

Nicola was breathing heavily, turning away from the punching bag, walking toward her desk. She noticed her phone vibrating on the desk. She walked toward it, picking it up, answering her phone. "Hello?" No one answered. "Hello?" Kaylin was the one on the other line. She didn't answer, in too much shock to answer, after hearing Nicola's voice for the first time in a long time. She took a quiet breath, opening her mouth to answer, but no sound came out. Nicola realized who was on the other line. "Kaylin?" Kaylin didn't answer. "Kay, if this is you, you'll be okay." Kaylin had tears in her eyes for guilt and self-loathing, and missing her family and friends. "You're not alone. You'll never be alone. Hold onto your humanity. Never let it go."

Kaylin nodded tearfully, but remaining completely quiet. Even after all she did to convince everyone to let her go, she was the one who couldn't let go.

(End of Song)

---

Lockwood Mansion - Tyler's Room

Tyler was asleep.

Caroline was putting her dress on, taking her shoes, standing, walking out, leaving.

---

Foyer

Caroline walked downstairs, holding her shoes to be quiet, about to leave when she heard a sound, turning around, seeing Carol Lockwood standing behind her, gasping. "Mrs. Lockwood. Hi."

"Leaving so soon?" Carol asked.

Caroline was at a lost for words. "I... I didn't mean to be so... I mean, we were just... I'm going to just... get my purse. Okay?"

Caroline touched her purse, her skin starting to burn at contact, revealing the purse was soaked in vervain. She pulled her hand back instantly, screaming in pain.

Carol raised a vervain dart gun, shooting Caroline in the back.

Caroline fell to her knees.

Carol reloaded, shooting Caroline twice more in the back.

Caroline fell to the floor, lying unconscious, face-down.

---~---

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

8.6K 207 24
All rights go to the creators of The Vampire Diaries and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plots. Heartofice97: Alex Gilbert, Kacie Lo...
2.5K 49 17
Alexandra Gilbert's life changed drastically the day her parents died. She's dealt with strange before, but is she ready for the devastation that an...
18.8K 492 24
All rights go to the creators of The Vampire Diaries and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plots. Heartofice97: Alex and Liv Gilbert...
237 12 7
DISCLAIMER: All rights go to the creators of The Vampire Diaries and the CW. I do not own any of the characters or plotlines except for my OCs Kara M...