In Your Shoes

By RogueNeko

Bakugou unwillingly gets to learn firsthand what Deku deals with on a daily basis. More

Out With A Bang
New Perspective
A Dormir
Acting
Electric Pink
Rise and Shine
And now, a word from the Author

Homeroom

2.6K 94 56
By RogueNeko

Uraraka liked to consider herself a simple girl with reasonable wishes.

For one, she wished Aizawa wasn't so cryptic.

For another, she wished Deku was still...well, Deku.

"Good morning, Uraraka!" Iida greeted as Uraraka shuffled in through the door.

"Hey Iida." She waved half-heartedly, heading to her desk. She hadn't slept well, still wrapping her head around the weird situation Deku and Bakugou found themselves in. One's world view could be thrown into questioning at seeing a socially anxious Bakugou and a punch-life-in-its-bitch-ass-face Deku. What even was the fear of facing whatever messed up scheme The Villain League had in store compared to this?

She supposed her thoughts verged on over-dramatic, but this was beyond freaky. Part of her was fixated on Deku calling her a dumbass. Again, she was aware it was really Bakugou talking, but that didn't wash away the brief hurt she felt.

She sighed, draping herself over her desk for dramatic effect once she sat. She figured it'd be wishful thinking to hope this weird quirk effect was a one day thing, but a girl could dream. If those two had any luck-which she doubted considering all the crazy things that seemed to happen to them specifically-they could have switched back this morning. That'd be nice.

"Are you okay?" Iida asked, the tinge in his voice telling her his mom mode was beginning to set in. She ran a hand through her hair.

"I guess? I'm just a little frazzled over Bakugou and Deku." she admitted. Iida nodded in understanding.

"Yeah, their situation is...unprecedented. I just hope the quirk's effect wears off soon."

"Me too."

"What's wrong with Midoriya?" a calm voice chimed in. The duo turned to see Todoroki pause by Uraraka's desk. "Is he not feeling well?"

"Uh..." Uraraka and Iida glanced at each other, sharing a silent conversation. Should they explain the situation? After all, there was always that slim chance the quirk did wear off overnight. But if it hadn't...wouldn't Bakugou and Deku want to explain it themselves? She should've texted Iida or Deku about it last night. Then again, she was in a state similar to Kaminari whenever he overdid it with his quirk: not high-functioning intelligence wise.

Todoroki studied the two of them, his grip on his bag tightening ever so slightly. Uraraka felt bad for worrying him, she knew how much Deku meant to him.

"He's fine, really!" she reassured him. "He's just dealing with the aftermath of crashing into Bakugou yesterday. I doubt that was any fun." She grimaced, remembering how both boys had been non-responsive to the shocked cries of their respective friend groups and the startled screams of the children.

"I highly doubt anything involving Bakugou would be fun." Todoroki deadpanned. Uraraka snorted.

"Not to most people, anyways." she giggled. Todoroki looked at her, amusement flickering in his eyes.

"Bakugou's demeanor can be disheartening," Iida agreed, "Yet sometimes it's just what we need. Especially in tense situations." Uraraka hummed thoughtfully. That crackfire energy Bakugou had served as a great motivator to keep fighting, to keep trying. If you're gonna go out, go out with a bang, and drag those bitches down with you. Poetic, in a self-destructive sort of way.

The rest of the class gradually poured in, their chatter adding a liveliness Uraraka wished she had woken with.

* * *

As expected, there was a moment of silence when the two boys sauntered in late.

Together.

The class stared at them curiously, as if witnessing an enigma. Deku shied away, his shoulders hunching slightly as he gripped his backpack strap self-consciously. They had swapped bags outside the door. After all, despite him now occupying Bakugou's body, that didn't mean his penmanship or train of thought had suddenly changed. Besides, it made no sense for them to do the others homework. Also he wanted his notebook back.

He swallowed, trying to think of what to say without rolling into one of his famous unnerving rambles. They were looking between the two in confusion, save for Iida and Uraraka. Deku glanced at Bakugou, who had rolled his head back in annoyance. Deku grimaced, suddenly realizing how unsettled the class must be feeling since...well.

He shifted the weight of his backpack. "Um, hi-uh, good morning everyone," He gave an awkward little wave. Their eyes widened. His smile faltered. "Yeah, that's fair," he sighed, "So...I know this'll seem really weird, but you know how we had that incident yesterday? Well-"

"Ugh, you're taking too long, Deku!" Bakugou interrupted. The attention shifted to Bakugou.

"Wait," Kaminari started, moving his pointer finger between the two, "Did Midoriya call Bakugou 'Deku' just now?"

Bakugou huffed. "Listen up! Because I'm only saying this once. That kid from yesterday has a body-swap quirk. Which means I," He waved his hand at his messy mop of green curls down to his waist, "am Bakugou, and that's Deku." He finished as Deku gave a nervous smile.

"WHAT!" a majority of them yelled in surprise.

"Are you guys seriously stuck like this?" Kaminari asked, eyes wide with intrigue. Everyone had rushed over after Bakugou spoke, crowding around them.

"Yup. It sucks ass." Bakugou grumbled. Some of the class stopped to stare at him. Bakugou bristled slightly over the attention.

"Bakugou, could you perhaps not curse as Deku? It's off putting." Iida requests. Uraraka nods in distressed agreement.

"Is it really that surprising?" Deku asks.

"I mean. It's not like we've never heard you curse before, but you only really let loose during intense battles." Uraraka says, Todoroki nodding besides her.

"I'm not gonna adjust my vocabulary just because I'm stuck in Deku's body." Bakugou scoffs.

"And knowing you, I'm assuming that's non-negotiable." Uraraka meets his gaze with a flat look.

"You bet your ass it's not. Get used to it, Uraraka."

She sighed in defeat. God this whole thing felt like a weird fever dream.

"We're glad you're both okay, though!" Mina says, springing into the conversation.

"Yeah, you guys came back late, and Aizawa stopped us from crowding you in the infirmary." Sero said.

"Not to mention Recovery Girl kept stressing that it'd be best to let you guys to rest and heal." Tsuyu added.

"Ah, Kirishima explained that to me last night, but I appreciate everyone's concern!" Midoriya said, bowing to the class.

"...that's so weird..." Mina whispered to Jirou.

"I know! It's way out of character for Bakugou."

"Man, this'll take some getting used to." Kaminari shook his head as if ridding himself of a dizzy spell.

"Oh! Speaking of; I'm sorry if being myself while as Kacchan makes you all uncomfortable. Believe me, the feeling is mutual."

The class laughs. Bakugou glares at him. "Yeah, because being you is such a cake walk." Deku looks at him quizzically. Did Bakugou have to pretend to be him too? Or was he referring to One for All? The last thought causes Deku's face to fall in concern. They'd have to have a talk with All Might about their situation soon. It wasn't exactly something they could discuss in the middle of class, no matter how strong the urge to ask and check up on Bakugou was.

"So how long will you two be stuck like this?" Sero asks.

"We don't know. Neither does the kid." Bakugou answers as he moves to sit at his desk. Deku eventually does the same.

"Did you swap quirks too? Or just your physical forms?" Momo asks with a studious glint in her eyes.

"Well, seeing as I almost blew up my face this morning, it's just our bodies." Deku sighs, remembering the scare he had that morning. Now that he knew he had his explosive quirk, he'd be especially careful to not have a repeat of that incident. He did not want to have to answer to Bakugou on why his eyebrows were gone...or singed...All Might save him, should it happen.

"Oh dude, that's so cool!" Kaminari gushes to Deku. Uraraka joins Kaminari in his excitement, suddenly her usual, perky self.

"Man, I'm kinda jealous now." Uraraka huffs playfully.

Deku blinks. "Really? Why?"

"Because you get to be Bakugou for a day! Or week. Or...however long you're stuck like this," Uraraka gives a sympathetic look, "Hopefully it doesn't last for too long." she smiles. Bakugou shifts in his chair, turning to address Uraraka.

"Why the hell would you want to be in Deku's place?"

Uraraka's smile froze in place. She went silent for a moment, suddenly bashful. "Ah...I know the situation isn't ideal, but I personally would want to be Bakugou for how strong he is." She turned towards the class, "I mean, we've all seen him and his skills! He's amazing! A total powerhouse! Can you imagine what it must be like to have all that strength?" She paused to look at Deku, before remembering that actual Deku was currently Bakugou. "Well, I guess you can, Deku," she said, looking at him now, "But I'd want to know how that feels like for myself, ya know?"

Both boys stared at her, incredulous.

"Holy shit. Bakugou, are you blushing?" Kirishima's voice popped out from behind.

"Wrong person, dumbass." He frowned.

"In that case-Hey Mina! Come snap a pic of Bakugou blushing!"

"I'M NOT BLUSHING! Wait," his head whipped towards his actual body. "Goddamn it, Deku! Why the fuck are you blushing? I'm the one she complimented!"

"Sorry! I just...wasn't expecting such admiration from Uraraka about you?" He tensed at his words. "Oh crap, that's not what I-"

"AND WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN!"

"Nothing! I swear!"

Uraraka took this chance to slip away from the argument, embarrassed to have unintentionally caused it. Not to mention seeing Bakugou blush like that was...an experience, even if it hadn't actually been Bakugou himself.

"Knock it off, you two." A tired voice announces from behind the group. Low and behold, Aizawa had arrived, studying the cluster of teenage wanna-be heroes with his usual unenthused face. "Everyone to your seats, class is starting, in case you haven't noticed."

The class does as they're told, awaiting further instruction from their teacher.

"I'm assuming you have all been informed about Bakugou and Midoriya's situation?" he quirks an eyebrow. Some nod, others affirm with a verbal response. "Good. Once you complete your morning lessons, I expect you all to carry on during your training, even if your interest in their dilemma is hard to ignore. You must be quick to adapt to strange circumstances. Don't let them cause you to become sloppy and more prone to committing mistakes. Understood?" He levels them all with a pointed look, his gaze ending on Bakugou and Midoriya at the end.

"Yessir."

Aizawa nods approvingly. "Then let's begin."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Holy shit I almost had a damn panic attack because I couldn't find the "works" option I was scared that I wouldn't be able to post this jfc wattpad!

Anyways. It's been a while, huh?

Literally 1 month after the last update, the wifi got cancelled due to an idiot who shall not be named for the sake of capping my salt levels. Which means on top of the writer's block, it was near impossible to write this.

But it's finally finished. Rejoice.

Thank you all so much for your patience and comments <33 Hope you enjoyed!

Edit: The part where Uraraka says she'd like to be Bakugou actually came from a light novel! I finally found the link where it's translated, so if you'd like to read it, here it is!

https://peachingboy.tumblr.com/post/159193494924/bnha-ln-ii-translation?is_related_post=1

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4M 307K 52
"you're all mine; the hair, the lips, the body, it's all mine." highest previous rankings: - #1 in jimin - #1 in pjm - #1 in btsfanfic cover by: @T...
122K 3.3K 73
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
814K 37.7K 59
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
224K 9.2K 60
π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in π——π—˜π—–π—”π——π—˜π—¦ OR π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire and charle...