Heart of a Dragon Whisper (An...

Por Mystical-Beasts03

Ever since Melia the Merciful was born she has always been a friend to dragons. To Melia, their roars and gro... Más

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Blooper
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
The Sequel is Here!

Chapter 21

1.5K 55 25
Por Mystical-Beasts03

After having bandaged my arrow wound, I rolled down the leg of my pants. I was perfectly aware that, while I had been attending to my wound, both Viggo and Leafblender had been watching me. 

"You're lucky that the only thing you'll have left of the arrow is a limp." Viggo remarked, breaking the silence that I had gotten used to while tending to my wound.

"Even if it was worse, I could've handled it." Viggo smirked, leaning back in his chair. 

"I have no doubt about that, my dear." I rolled my eyes, scratching the top of Leafblender's head, just behind his vine like horns. Seeming to finally realize I was going to be fine, Leafblender laid down on the ground, closing his eyes so that he could get some rest. I slid my hand across one of his horns before sitting up straight, deciding on leaving him alone. I looked back at Viggo to see him leaning forward with his elbows on the desk, his hands clasped together in front of his face as he stared at me. 

"What?" I asked. Viggo shook his head. 

"Nothing. I just find it fascinating how well you get along with dragons." I smirked. 

"Is that such a surprise? I am a dragon rider after all." 

"While that is true, I've noticed that you have the ability of making even the wildest of dragons calm." 

"Name one time you've seen me do that." 

"That Speed Stinger from the island." I scoffed. 

"That doesn't count. He knew me." Viggo frowned. It was obvious that he had thought giving an example of a wild dragon that I had been able to tame without Hiccup's little trick would be easy. I watched him, waiting before noticing the grin forming on his face. 

"What about the Changewing you saved me from?" I stiffened, having almost forgotten about the Changewing mother that had been protecting her eggs. 

"Fine. I'll admit. You got me there." I admitted, sinking down in my seat as I crossed my arms. 

"Well?" I looked back up at Viggo to see him looking at me as if he were waiting for me to say something. 

"'Well', what?" 

"Aren't you going to tell me how you do it?" I raised an eyebrow at him. 

"Why would I do that?" Viggo seemed to be getting frustrated now. 

"Because I asked nicely." I rolled my eyes. 

"Oh, please. Just because you asked me nicely it doesn't mean I'll tell you. If that were the case, Snotlout and the Twins would be doing who knows what with my belongings right now." Viggo seemed slightly taken aback. I huffed, leaning my head back so that it was hanging upside down over the back of my chair. 

"Fine. I'll make you a deal." 

"I'm listening" 

"I'm sure you recall me agreeing to play a game of Maces and Talons with you." I remarked, glancing at Viggo. 

"Yes. I remember."

"Well, how about this. If you win, I'll tell you my dragon secret." Viggo seemed interested. He extended a hand out to me, smirking. 

"It's a deal then." I stood up from my seat and walked up to his desk, placing a hand on the table as I leaned forward, shaking Viggo's hand. 

"Deal." I let go of his hand and pulled up a chair, watching him as he set up the game board. I sat down, watching him. Honestly, I had no idea why I decided to make this deal. This was my first time playing Maces and Talons, so it was obvious I was going to lose. 

"As promised, you have first move, my dear" Viggo stated, snapping me out of my thoughts. I moved one of my pieces, starting the game. We moved our pieces continuously, both Viggo and I claiming each other's pieces. We played the game for about two hours before Viggo stopped, staring at me with a look of surprise. I was confused. It was his turn, so why wasn't he moving any of his pieces? "Well, I have to admit, my dear, I was not expecting this outcome. Especially since this is your first time playing Maces and Talons." Now I was really confused. 

"What do you mean? Why aren't you moving your pieces?" Viggo smirked, chuckling at me. I probably looked like an idiot, but I didn't care. I had no idea what was happening. 

"You really don't know, do you?" Viggo remarked, his smirk turning into a grin as his gaze softened. I crossed my arms, leaning back in my seat as I studied the board. My eyes scanned the game board before I finally noticed what I had missed. There had been a break in between the line Viggo had placed his hunter pieces in. I had noticed it during my turn and decided to take a chance, having moved one of my hunter pieces through the break that he obviously hadn't seen at the time. It was only now that I was actually paying attention however that I noticed my hunter was cornering Viggo's main piece, the Chief of the Marauders. 

"I... I won?" I asked, still not entirely sure of what I was seeing. 

"It seems so, Melia." I looked up at Viggo in surprise. He rarely ever used my name, even when we were alone. 

"I enjoyed that match very much." Viggo remarked, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

"I did as well. It was interesting playing for the first time." I stated. Viggo grinned at me before looking down at the board. He reached down and picked a piece up off the board, holding it out in between the both of us to show me. 

"This piece reminds me just a bit of you." I looked from the piece he was holding in his hand to his face. 

"What is it?" 

"It's called the Accomplice." Viggo explained, bringing it closer to his face as he rotated it between his fingers, studying it. "This piece allows a player to use one of their opponents pieces for their own gain." 

"That reminds you of me?" I asked, slightly confused. 

"Well, you are helping both sides of the game board." I registered his words for a moment before chuckling slightly. 

"I guess your right." Viggo grinned. Suddenly, the piece was forcefully taken from Viggo's hand by some invisible force, making us both confused until whatever had taken the piece became visible, revealing Leafblender with the piece hanging out of his mouth. Viggo stood from his chair and reached his hand out towards Leafblender in an attempt to take the piece from him, but Leafblender pulled away at the last second, tripping Viggo with his tail as he hid behind my chair. 

"Hey!" Viggo exclaimed. I laughed at what was going on before snapping my mouth shut when I saw Viggo glaring at me. Viggo got back on his feet and continued to try and take the Maces and Talons piece back from Leafblender without any success. I had even joined in halfway through, but I honestly felt like I was just getting in the way since I had absolutely no idea how to get the game piece from Leafblender when he was acting like this. 

"Leafblender, can calm down and give back the-" I started, but Leafblender ran past me, his tail smacking me as he past, the force of the blow causing me to stumble back into the wall behind me. I pushed myself away from the wall only to be forced back against it when Viggo stumbled forward. He had a hand pressed on the wall behind me to keep himself from falling into me. He glanced over his shoulder, glaring at Leafblender who squawked out a laugh. Viggo turned back towards me, our eyes locking together. After a few moment, I realized just how close we were and my heart beat picked up to a million beats a minute, my face heating up. I wanted to push him away to bring some space between us, but I was afraid he'd take it the wrong way. We stared at each other for a bit longer before suddenly, Viggo leaned down towards me. I could feel my heart skip a beat and my breath caught in my throat as his face drew closer to mine. Viggo paused, his face just mere inches from mine. 

"May I?" Viggo asked, his warm breath tickling my lips. I gave him a small nod, my voice completely stuck in my throat at the moment. Finally, Viggo closed the gap between us, capturing my lips in a gentle kiss. Both Viggo and my eyes were closed as we kissed, Viggo's beard tickling my skin. After what seemed like a lifetime, we broke apart for breath. "I hope this means you feel the same as I, my dear." Viggo commented, pressing his forehead against mine. 

"If you're asking that after all this time of getting to know you, I've fallen for you, then yes, I believe I have." Viggo chuckled, pressing another quick kiss to my lips before pushing himself away from me, allowing me to pry myself from the wall. We stared at each other for a while until I felt something nudge my arm. I look over to see Leafblender, smiling cheekily with the game piece still in his mouth. 

"Give me that, you stupid lizard." I said, grabbing the game piece, prying it from his grip before handing it to Viggo. 

"Hey, Alpha." Leafblender squawked in a teasing tone. 

"What?" 

"Viggo and Melia sitting in a tree..." Leafblender started in a sing-song voice. 

"Don't you start." I warned, giving him a death glare. 

"K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Leafblender finished before bounding out of the room, letting out squawks of laughter as I ran after him. 

"Get back here, you useless reptile!" 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

92.1K 3.2K 35
(Complete) When Hiccup and the others are on a mission to free dragons from dragon hunters, they encounter something they never thought they would. A...
3.3K 112 14
Now that the Riders have killed her beloved husband and once brother, Ann is depressed and went back home to Muzona to wait out the time she needs to...
97.6K 2K 50
YN Haddock is the younger sister Hiccup by 2 years. Unlike her brother YN is aggressive. She and her brother share Compassion, adventure, and a love...
13.5K 304 17
All of us crave something. That's the number one thing Freya learned when she grew up. Most honorable people would put aside their wants for the grea...