Slytherins Do It Better - A S...

By OXkellicOX

So since I never got feedback on whether or not to do this ship or not, i figured I don't care anymore, It's... More

Meet the Characters
Chapter 1: The Trip to Diagon Alley
Chapter 2: An Awkward Encounter
Chapter 3: The Dream
Chapter 4: That Look He Gave
Chapter 5: Tryout Troubles
Chapter 6: Slytherin verses Gryffindor
Chapter 7: Working Hard, But Not Hard Enough
Chapter 8: A Day of Firsts
Chapter 9: The Start of Something
Chapter 10: Christmas at the Manor
Chapter 11: Where Do We Go From Here
Chapter 13: Blackmailing
Chapter 14: Scorpius Takes Action
Chapter 15: Chaos Errupts in the Halls
Chapter 16: Emotions Flare Up
Chapter 17: Taking a Step Back
Chapter 18: Seperation Anxiety
Chapter 19: Telling the Truth
Chapter 20: Return of the Augury
Chapter 21: Help in the Forest
Chapter 22: Coming to a Close
Epilogue

Chapter 12: Distrations Everywhere

685 25 4
By OXkellicOX

Going back to Hogwarts was an awkward situation for both Albus Potter and Scorpius Malfoy. After the week that they spent together at Malfoy Manor, as new boyfriends was great for them. They haven't told anyone yet. Draco wasn't home most of the week, being a healer at St. Mungos, it keeps him pretty busy. When the Slytherin boys got to platform 9 3/4, Albus greets his parents and siblings then gets onto the train. Where they found a compartment together. The Nott twins joined them soon after the trains departure at eleven am.

The boys just wanted to come out and say it but agreed that they'd keep it subtle for the time being, and until both are comfortable with the idea of others knowing. So with that being said it's hard for the boys. When all they wanna do is be like every other couple in Hogwarts, but they're afraid of what others will say or do to them if they knew. Albus hasn't even told Lily, even if she's the only one in his family that even knows what's going on. But Lily does know, at least to an extent, she knows it went well over the holidays by the way Albus was acting recently.

Now that classes are back in full swing the boys are also researching auguries in the library along with their homework that has gotten to be more work now that the exams are getting ever so closer. The professors are really pressing the fifth year's. Plus they have to schedule time with their heads of houses to discuss their future plans and classes that they should take next year and be more diligent in this year. Therefore Albus and Scorpius are really honing in on school and as an added bonus Albus has Quidditch practices twice a week as well.

It's been two weeks back and now that the boys are now in their DADA class with Professor Granger-Weasley, Albus and Scorpius are seated next to each other discreetly holding hands under the table all the way in the back of class. Albus is having a hard time focusing on what his aunt is teaching them about, how the effects of the unforgivable curses affect you. 

"Albus, can you answer me?" Hermione says to the boy. And Scorpius nudges him out of his daydream.

"What?" Albus says to his boyfriend.

"Albus we're waiting" Hermione states.

"Sorry what was the question professor" Albus asks.

"What are some of the effects of the Imperius curse?" She asks again.

"Uhh..."

"You need to start paying more attention Albus, can anyone tell me the effects?" Hermione sighs at first but goes on, just as she asked that Rose, rose her hand impatiently in the air.

"Rose" Hermione calls on her, and she goes on talking about it, as Albus stares at his desk embarrassed; he even detached his hand from Scorpius' which didn't go unnoticed. But the blond boy decides not to ask right know, but he will later after class is over.

As Defense Against the Dark Arts class is nearing an end, Hermione assigns the homework, three rolls of parchment on the unforgivable curses, and dismisses everyone. Except Albus.

"Albus may I see you please" Hermione asks. Scorpius smiles at him and Albus walks towards his aunt.

"Albus what's with you lately, you're not focused" she tells her nephew.

"Sorry Aunt Mione, I'll try harder I promise" Albus says.

"Albus it's been two weeks since we've been back and your OWL exams are only four months away, I really hope I don't have to write you your parents about this, and you know I will if I feel it'll help you" she says to him when he tries to speak over her.

"I promise you don't have to get my parents involved I'll try harder Aunt Mione" Albus says.

"Alright but you have to prove it Albus, now go on or you'll be late for your next class" Hermione says letting him go.

But Hermione Granger-Weasley knows better than to believe the young boy. After all he's Harry's son and the most like him and if she knows Harry then she knows that Albus is going to try a little but not do it. So she writes a letter to Harry and Ginny anyway hoping that Ginny finds it before Harry.

She doesn't have a class at the moment to teach so she goes out to the owley to send her letter using a school owl. It's sent and delivered to the Potter residence. Ginny got it since Harry is still at work, she goes to read it.

Harry or Ginny, whoever get it first,
      Albus seems a bit distracted from his school work the last couple of weeks, I've tried talking to him and he says he'll try harder, but I have a feeling there's something more going on. If you know anything please enlighten me, but if you don't than if you could possibly talk to him and find out I think I'll be a big help to him.

Love always,
Hermione Granger-Weasley

Ginny reads it and waits for Harry to get him to discuss what their going to do about their son. As for Albus, after defense class he and Scorpius went to lunch, where Scorpius brought up what happened in class. Then stopped abruptly when they're now in the company of James Sirius Potter.

"What do you want?" Albus asks James bitterly.

"Oh nothing" James replys

"I highly doubt that" Albus says sarcastically.

"Well if you must know I just had a fight with Lily and it's your fault so there" he tells his brother.

"And how is it my fault when I wasn't even there" Albus asks him.

"It was about you, therefore making it your fault" James says.

"Your logic is flawless" Scorpius says to James.

"You stay out if it, Malfoy" James sneers at him.

"Watch it James" Albus warns.

"I'm not scared of a couple fifth year's" he's says "anyway just thought I'd let you know" then he stalks away back to the Gryffindor table where Marcus and Marida are. Albus is curious about what James and Lily fought about but there's no way he was going to ask his brother about it, no he'll talk to his sister Lily about it some time soon. Albus also recently found out from Lily that James and Merida are actually dating. How any girl can like James, Albus will never know.

So Albus and Scorpius go about the rest of their day normally now they're getting ready for bed and just be casual about it. However they wait for their house mates to go to sleep. When then sneak back down to the common room to cuddle and kiss and just talk. They mostly show their affection that they don't during the day. But as is grows later into the night, they are getting tired and Albus is starting to fall asleep on Scorpius' shoulder. They decided to just go up to bed Albus kisses him one more time before going into his own bed and falling straight asleep. Scorpius smiles over at Albus then gets into his bed and goes to sleep as well.

Albus is going through the corridors of Hogwarts castle at night, he's following a sound, I whisper, it's a voice telling him where to go. There's the black bird again, only now he knows is an augury. There's a shadowed figure just a few feet in front of him. Albus doesn't know who though it's dark and he can't make out any features at all. The voice, is telling him go keep going. He doesn't know where there going he's just following. They're going up stairs and through another corridor until he sees the bird and the shadowed figure turn and go through a door and then stop. The voice is guiding them to a place that much Albus knew but what the voice was actually saying Albus couldn't make out really.

The figure raised its arms and started chanting something in a different language. The bird was perched on the figures shoulder when they stopped speaking there was a vibration Albus felt in the ground. Then the boy could tell that there was movements going on. The voice started again and when the figure and the bird disappear from Albus' view the voice is telling him to jump through down the passage. So Albus does as told and he's sliding down deep underground, much farther than any dungeon he's ever heard of.

He's reached the floor of whatever dungeon this is and goes on to following the bird and the shadowed figure. Now there's another stop and chanting of that language Albus doesn't know. Only this time the boy can see the door. It's large and circular with seven snakes on it. That's when the realization hits Albus that this is no ordinary dungeon it's the Chamber of Secrets. He only knows of it from his father's stories of it from when he was at school.

Albus is trying to figure out why the bird and the figure are taking him here when the other times it was out in the Forbidden forest. They all go through the door and climb down into the chamber. Albus takes notice of all the snake heads around there's got to be close to twenty or more with ten on each side of the walk way. Albus took notice of the giant sculpted head at the far end, the mouth was opened and there was a skeleton not to far away just laying there. Albus recognizes the head to be of Salazar Slytherin, Albus knows this because there's a couple portraits of him in the common room.

They go about halfway down the walk and again stop abruptly. That's when the figure turns and finally faces Albus. Only they're masked so Albus still doesn't know who this is only that they're no long shadowed, but cloaked and tall. The bird is now screeching again while flying around, circling Albus and the masked figure. Then there's more vibrations and movement this time it's unknown of where it's coming from.

"Albus" he hears a voice saying in the distance.

"Albus!" He hears again.

"Albus wake up!" 

Albus jolts awake, and takes a good look around at his surroundings and takes a few deep breaths and that's when he sees Scorpius watching him with concern. It was Scorpius trying to wake up Albus after minutes of trying.

"Al, are you alright, you slept through breakfast and there's five minutes till our first lesson" Scorpius tells his new boyfriend.

"Five minutes! Bloody hell!" Albus says and jumps out of bed and goes to the showers and gets ready for class. He puts on his tie and shoes last and grabs his bag and they head out of the dorms and going out of the common room and heading to their divinations class which is first today.

"Al, did you have another dream?" Scorpius asks.

"Yeah I did and this one was different than the others, but I'll tell you about it later, why? How'd you know?" Albus tells the blond Slytherin boy. 

"Well I just figured that since you didn't wake up when I first tried to wake you before breakfast, but I got nowhere so just let you sleep, I hoped you'd be up by the time I got back, but you weren't so I really had to try and wake you, I knew it was one of those dreams because there like real and it's hard to get out of them. Since I remember when my father tried to wake me when I had mine he told me, the he had a hard time waking me" Scorpius explains.

"Oh, I never really noticed that I guess it makes sense" Albus agrees.

"You'll tell me about it later?" Scorpius asks. As they arrive at the divination class trapdoor entrance.

"Yeah let's go to the library before dinner there's new things I need to research if where going to get anywhere with these dreams"

"Sounds good, well up you go" Scorpius says.

And the boys climb up into the class and and sit at one of the tables. While they wait for professor Trealawney.

"Oh I almost forgot this came for you this morning when the post arrived, you weren't there so your owl didn't know where to go so I took it and she then she flew off" Scorpius tells Albus handing him a letter. Albus recognizes the handwriting of his father immediately. So he rips open the letter and started to read it.

Albus,
Hermione as informed me that your not focusing on your school work as much, granted I'm in no position to scold you seeing I wasn't much better at your age, but nonetheless I'm your father and I want you to do better than myself, with it being your OWL year I highly recommend that you really put your full attention on school. Your mother and I want what's best for you Al, so that's why we're doing this we love you and want you succeed and become the great wizard we know you are; you just need to reach your full potential which is why school is important. If this keeps up we'll, well your mother, will forbid you to play Quidditch for the remainder of the school year. So do your best and give our love to James and Lily as well.

Love always,
Dad

Albus just sighs and puts the letter away and looks at Scorpius, gives him a small smile and try's to pay attention to class.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221 12 4
2 The sequel to Scorpius and the Final Fight (LIKE MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR IT). Scorpius and Albus got home. But a letter from Delphi tears them apart...
98 2 4
This is a sequel to 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'. (P.S. I'm not good at writing so if you don't like it, it's okay. Please give me feedback o...
15.6K 590 14
"we try staying up late but we both are light weights yeah we get off our face, too easy and we take jokes way too far 'cause sometimes living's too...
69.7K 2.4K 39
**WILL BE UNDER MAJOR EDITING SOON** ⚠️DISCLAIMER⚠️: All original characters owned by J.K. Rowling. The only characters I own are the original charac...