his fake boyfriend ➸ hyunin

By freckledlix

hyunjin clapped his hands, "anyways! eat up baby, then let's see if we can still catch mr. kang before he lea... More

introduction
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
epilogue + author's note
40.1
40.2
40.3
40.4
40.5
announcement

ten

7.4K 420 608
By freckledlix

jeongin sat on the bleachers as he patiently waited with a face towel, a tumbler of cold water, and an extra shirt for hyunjin who was in basketball practice. he watched as hyunjin expertly maneuvered his way around the court before shooting.

jeongin clapped excitedly when the ball went through the net, making hyunjin look at him and smile a little embarrassed of the attention.

"you're such a supportive boyfriend jeongin-ssi." one of the girls watching said as jeongin blushed slightly and replied,

"it's part of the job description."

the girls giggled as they went back to watching the game.

jeongin's eyes stayed focus on hyunjin, he was wearing his red jersey, his hair sticking to his forehead due to the sweat.

he was so fucking hot.

their coach blew his whistle and called for a short break. hyunjin jogged towards jeongin, the girls fangirled as they saw hyunjin gave jeongin a grateful smile as the younger wiped the sweat off of his face and gave him the water.

"why don't i get water?" felix pouted as hyunjin rolled his eyes.

"you're not even playing. you're sitting on the bleachers." hyunjin pointed out and felix shrugged.

"prolly feels nice to have such a sweet and attentive boyfriend like innie here." felix said as jeongin laughed,

"just doing the job lixie hyung."

hyunjin took another drink from the water, jeongin watched as hyunjin's adam's apple move as he drank the water.

"fuck you." jeongin spat as a startled hyunjin almost choked on his water.

"i- what? did i do something?" hyunjin asked, caught off guard from the younger.

"you can't do this to me, you make drinking water look hot, this is an attack." jeongin pouted as hyunjin laughed at him,

"you're cute pup."

the coach blew his whistle again, signalling that the break was over.

"i have to go now." hyunjin said as jeongin wiped his forehead again.

"go ahead hyungie, i'll be here." jeongin smiled at him.

felix coughed making the busan native roll his eyes, "we'll be here. way to make me feel like a third wheel mate." felix corrected.

"yes, we. happy now?" jeongin said as felix nodded in approval.

"better."

hyunjin looked at the players going back to their coach qnd he turned back to jeongin, "ya know, i'm gonna need luck to do well."

"you always do well." jeongin pointed out but hyunjin scratched the back of his neck.

"well, i-"

"he's asking for a hug." felix pointed out.

"way to expose." hyunjin grumbled as jeongin giggled.

"i would but like you're sweaty." jeongin replied making hyunjin pout.

"please?"

"no."

"pretty please?"

"hwang! get your ass back here!" the coach barked.

hyunjin gave the coach a thumbs up before he took a deep breath and gave jeongin a hug, much to the younger's protest.

"yah! hyung!" jeongin whined but he couldn't help but smile and hug back.

"wow, i feel like i can beat stephen curry in a one on one match now." hyunjin smirked when he pulled away making jeongin roll his eyes playfully.

jeongin kissed his nose suddenly and said, "now you can beat anyone. no go before coach jung beats your ass."

hyunjin's cheeks tinted a light shade of pink at the action before he jogged back to his team.

"whipped." felix coughed.

"y'all doing a great job with this shit." felix leaning over as he whispered to the younger, to make sure no one would hear.

"hmm?" jeongin hummed.

"you got the whole school fooled, hell, if i didn't know better i'd assume you guys are dating for real." felix laughed.

jeongin laughed along, "well i- i have to make it believable. it is my job and shit."

"true, but from the way my brilliant mind sees it, i got a feeling you have a crush on him." felix teased as he wiggled his eyebrows.

when the younger simply blushed and went back to focusing on hyunjin, felix's eyes widened.

"holy shit, mate! you have a crush on hyunjin!"

"of course he has felix! they are dating." a girl who overheard giggled.

jeongin didn't say a word, he just smiled and cheered yet again when hyunjin scored a perfect three point shot.

truth be told, jeongin can say with his whole chest that it's more than just a crush now. they've been dating for almost a month now, with yeji's wedding and hyunjin's graduation drawing near.

and also given the fact that he already liked hyunjin even before this whole thing started, and how hyunjin is always treating him like his baby- jeongin's emotions are skyrocketing and he couldn't help it.

he liked hyunjin.

there's no denying it.

when jeongin wasn't answering felix's question, the aussie concluded it himself. even a blind person could see that jeongin is whipped for his friend, he had never seen the younger skip classes because of a date and yet jeongin had done it twice already, he had never seen jeongin's smile any more brighter than when he is clinging onto hyunjin's arm as they walked down the halls or streets.

everyone adored the couple, fangirls werw shipping them like crazy, everyone supported their decision. even hyunjin's fangirls supported it- they've never seen their prince smile like this again in a while, they've never seen him this happy and whatever made him happy was enough for them.

practice ended after an hour and hyunjin jogged back to jeongin, who wiped his forehead again and handed him his shirt.

"alright, let me just shower for a bit and i'll go and walk you home. does that sound good?" hyunjin said.

"you didn't bring your car?" felix asked.

"training day today lixie. i always walk home with seungmin after remember?" hyunjin said.

jeongin felt a pang on his chest. hyunjin didn't notice it but it was clear on jeongin's face at the mention of seungmin's name that he didn't like it one bit.

he was jealous.

yang jeongin was jealous of this kim seungmin.

sure, they were dating now but jeongin knew it was all fake.

he may have hyunjin now but he knew who his heart belonged to.

"hey, innie you're okay with walking right?" hyunjin asked and jeongin smiled (too) sweetly and nodded.

"o-of course hyung! i do it all the time."

"great! give me uhmm twenty minutes and i'll be right out yeah?"

"okay."

hyunjin smiled at him before he jogged to the locker room, leaving felix and jeongin alone.

"of course hyung! i do it all the time!" felix mimicked jeongin in a high pitched tone as jeongin rolled his eyes and punched the aussie's shoulder, causing him to laugh.

after felix's laughter died down,

"he still loves him does he?" jeongin asked and felix nodded.

"he does."

"i don't have a chance with him do i?"

felix took a while before answering as he sighed, "honestly? i think you have. i've never seen him this happy before ever since he and kim split. this whole thing is doing wonders for him."

'i think you have.'

that was all jeongin needed to hear.

'i'll show him. i'll show him that being with yang jeongin is better than sulking about kim seungmin.'

"no tea, just facts." felix quipped as jeongin's eyes widened, realizing he had voiced his thoughts out loud.

"go for it." felix encouraged as he gave the younger a thumbs up.

"i will."

--

an update yet again?

mhmm, thought i'd give y'all this.

this is one of my fave chapters so far, we're like halfway done and this is starting to get interesting yay.

i'm also writing the next chapter as we speak so i might post it either tonight or tomorrow!!

thanks for reading and thank you for the 600+ reads!!

- ferds

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

365K 21.3K 20
in which hwang hyunjin slowly takes interest in top student kim seungmin after he spills ice tea on him. [this is literally a fetus story, cringe war...
36K 1.7K 12
"you little bitch!" "i told you! i always win!" - completed -
14.8K 596 22
« "Finish what you started," I say, breathing hard. "That's not the way you should be talking to your husband, is it? Ask nicely," Hyunjin says swee...
599K 34.1K 74
BLACK LIVES MATTER ~#~#~#~#~#~ ℙ𝔸ℝ𝕋 𝕆𝔽 𝕋ℍ𝔼 ℂ𝕃𝕀ℂℍÉ 𝕊𝔼ℝ𝕀𝔼𝕊 ~#~#~#~#~#~ ℍ𝕖 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕪 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕖𝕝𝕝...