The Bridesmaid

By softaura

His finger traces my skin, his coffee brown eyes staring deep into mine as I feel chills run down my spine. "... More

t e a s e r
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
IMPORTANT
The Bride
1 million. thank u.
the true story!!

Chapter Fifty Two

35.7K 2.2K 1.4K
By softaura

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Are you sure you don't want anything else?" Taehyung whispered over to me and I nodded.

"Yea, popcorn's fine." I said and Taehyung shook his head in response.

"That's what you said the other time but I still had to run out during the movie to get you nachos." He groaned a little and I chuckled.

"I'm sorry, I don't exactly control my cravings." I looked up at him and noticed a wry smile plastered across his lips.

"So, just the popcorn and hotdog combo?" The man behind the counter spoke out, trying to get our attention.

"Yes, thank you." Taehyung laughed as I went quiet, hiding behind him bashfully, realising he had witnessed our little bicker.

"That'll be ten-fifty." He stuck out his hand and I shoved the money in it before Taehyung could.

"Today was supposed to be my treat," he pouted a little as he looked down at me.

"You were too slow." I teased and he rolled his eyes. The both of us looked back at the staff who was staring at us wide eyed, a little judgement tainting his blue eyes and I go quiet once more.

"Here you go." He handed us our snacks and we made our way to the theatre hall.

We got in our seats, silently sipping onto our drinks as we waited for the movie to begin. "Oh," I peep the moment I remember something. "Has Jimin spoken to you since yesterday?" I whispered over to him and he shook his head.

"He's probably going to kill me during dinner tonight." Taehyung let out a low chuckle as he sunk back in his seat. "Speaking of!" His head darted towards mine. "You should come."

"What?" I stuffed a piece of popcorn in my mouth. "Mm-mm." I rejected but he nudged me lightly. "It'll be weird." I say and he frowns.

"Why would it be weird?" He asked and I sighed, not wanting to say it out loud.

"Do you remember where was the last time I saw them?" I asked, hoping I didn't have to voice it out.

"Right," he sinks into his seat further, sipping onto his fizzy drink. "But," he turned to look at me. "That just gives you more reason to come. Right now, that's the only memory they have of you. So you should come, get to know them." He tapped my thigh a little.

The lights start dimming and the theatre hall started quietening down as the movie began. "Well, I-"

"Sh!" And I was interrupted by someone behind us and I melt into my seat, not daring to turn around.

"Sorry!" I whisper shouted a little while Taehyung looked back, trying to locate the voice but I quickly stop him. "It's okay." I mouthed the words and he simply groaned, expressing his agitation towards the stranger.

He opens the plastic container, taking a bite of the hotdog bun and it's aroma instantly attacks my nose. I salivate at the smell, trying to distract myself with the popcorn but after a bit, I couldn't eat anymore of it, the only thing on my mind being the hotdog bun.

I keep my eyes glued to the screen as Taehyung munched onto his snack and I stuff more popcorn into my mouth, not wanting to pester Taehyung. I stop eating abruptly the moment he finishes his food and he notices.

"You're done with that?" He asked and I nod furtively. "You've barely eaten it though." He whispered and I simply shrugged.

I hear a sigh escape his lips as he took out his wallet. "You want the hotdog bun, don't you?" He asks with a little exhaustion and I pout.

"It's okay, I can just get it myself." I say but he holds me down a little as he got up.

"I'll be back." He whispered but I insisted.

"No, really. I'll go." I say, feeling bad. I gave him a quick peck on the forehead as I got up, walking out of the theatre hall.

After a few minutes of queueing, I finally reach the counter. "Can I have the hotdog bun?" I ask and he nods.

"Would you like it with the drink?" The male asked and I shook my head.

"Actually," I spoke the moment he turned around. "I'll get the strawberry fizz." I said, suddenly wanting something fruity. "Could you make that a large?" I asked and he gives me the same judgemental look as he nods.

I pay for the combo and took the drink and snack, trying to balance it along with my purse. As I walked towards the theatre, I feel my head going light. "Oh, not now." I groan as my head spins lightly. I lose my step a bit but gain my balance, keeping my eyes closed as I tried waiting for the dizzy spell to go.

I took in a deep breath but as I did, I feel a dull pain in my abdomen and I freeze.

It goes away in seconds and I take in another breath, trying to clear my head as I approached the hall. It comes back but this time more intense and I drop whatever's in my hands, gripping onto my stomach.

"Ah!" And I fall to the ground, losing my balance. I feel my my drink pooling on the ground as it spilt everywhere but I don't give it my attention, my mind now focused on the dull pain coursing through my body. I took in deep breaths, hoping the pain would fade but it doesn't.

"Help," I call out, but my voice goes soft as I get more dizzy. I crouch on the floor, placing my head on the ground, hoping that it'd stop my surroundings from spinning.

"Areum!" The voice finally exclaimed. I looked up and notice Taehyung running towards me, "are you okay?" He kneels down before me, checking my body. The moment he sees my hand gripping onto my tummy he tenses up as he desperately waited for me to say something.

"Something's wrong." Was all I could spit out as thoughts surged through my brain, my heart picking up it's pace as it began beating out of my chest. "We need to call Dr Joon."

Taehyung helps me up, "can you walk?" He asked as he tried reading the situation.

"Yea," I nodded as I got up, Taehyung following behind me.

As we exited the cinema, the pain disappears, leaving me befuddled. "What's wrong?" Taehyung asked with enlarged eyes filled with anxiousness.

"I don't know, there's this pain that keeps coming in." I panic a little, arms flailing around a little. As I say this, the pain comes back but more intensified and I crouch a little, holding onto Taehyung.

He gasped, quickly holding onto me as he punched in our OB's office number. After explaining our situation to him, Dr Joon tells us to come over for a checkup and so we do.

We sat in the car in silence, both of us drowning in anxiety as fear slowly gnawed into us. The worst possible thoughts swarming through our minds as he drove. I let my mind go too far, my thoughts now physically hurting me and my eyes well up with tears.

Taehyung glances at my state, not being able to say anything as his mind was also at war with himself. So he simply reached out his hand, intertwining his fingers with mine as he turned into the clinic.

We went into the waiting room, taking our seats. My foot acted out my anxiousness, tapping against the ground vigorously as I drank the water that was given to me, preparing me for the ultrasound. Taehyung remained quiet next to me, having no words himself as the both of us waited to be called in.

"Lee Areum?" The woman called out and Taehyung and I both hopped to our feet.

We enter Dr Joon's office and after a few exchanges of words, he gets me to lay down. He applied a gel over my abdomen, placing a little device over it and began moving it against my skin.

"Hm," was all he hummed, causing our anxiety to peak.

"Is something wrong?" Taehyung instantly grabs my hand as the question leaves his lips.

"No, no." Dr Joon chuckled, realising what he had brought upon the both of us. "Everything's looks fine, it's just-" and he pauses, pointing at the screen.

I feel my body ease a little but was there was still a hint of anxiety in me as I waited for what he was about to say.

"Do you see these two specks?" He asked and Taehyung and I glued our eyes to the screen. "That's the gestational sacs, and that right there." He continued to point at the screen, "that's the fetal pole." He said and I grip onto Taehyung's hand a little tighter.

"Wait, two?" My head poked out a little as I looked at him and he nodded, a bright smile painting over his lips.

"You're having twins." The moment he utters those words, I feel time stand still.

I look over to the screen, staring at the two little specks and everything starts falling away. It was such a drastic change of emotions that tears began to pull around my eyelids. My heart relaxes and every muscle in my body become at ease. This was the moment my father was talking about, the moment of realisation. Every doubt, every fear dissipating as I envision a whole new future.

"So everything's okay?" Taehyung asked and Dr Joon nods. "And we're having twins?" His voice laced with disbelief as Dr Joon nods once more.

I sit up, looking at Taehyung and the both of us smile, beaming with joy that I've never experienced before. The both of us were almost laughing as we tried wrapping our minds around the situation.

After a few questions on the cramping, the both of us walk out of the clinic in silence once again yet it was completely different from just a half hour ago.

That silence was dreadful, hollow and void of hope. But this was different. Full of wonder, possibility, excitement and an unspeakable joy.

The both of us stood at the parking lot and I come to a halt, trying to take in the situation while Taehyung walked ahead of me, hand over his mouth as he tried to process everything.

In a few moments he turns around to look at me, eyes sparkling with wonder and relief. Our lips that were slacked were now stretching into a wide smile. I run to him and he grabs me instantly, lifting me up as he brings me to his lips, kissing me.

My arms wrap around his neck as he deepened the kiss and I couldn't help but giggle against his lips, my happiness practically bursting out of me. I pull away and simply bury myself in him, every inch of my being melting into him as he held me in his embrace.

"Areum," he says my name, moving away as he cupped my cheeks. "We're having twins." He breathed out with a smile as he planted a kiss on my lips.

I squeal, eyes getting blurred with tears of joy, "we're having twins!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219K 8.7K 45
A story where a girl starts crushing on her classmate Kim Taehyung. Will she ever end up with him? When all he ever see her is as his bestfriend. Wil...
66.8K 3.3K 22
Taehyung hasn't seemed happy with you in months, despite living together you rarely speak or spend time together. Even though you've been together th...
66.8K 2.9K 26
⚠️ The following content is a work of fiction and the story has nothing to relate with the mentioned idol or his life. The characters are solely a pa...
72.9K 3.6K 75
✅ COMPLETED ✅ A story of two souls that were blessed or doomed to be together. A story of love, betrayal, pain, sadness, anger, hate, lies and illusi...