LUNA CATHERINE ( PUBLISHED)(...

By jolante424

Catherine has no reason to live but she's living. She's one of her kind after everything was taken from her. ... More

Introduction.
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
PLOT TWIST.
COVER POLL.
Get This Book For Free( Limited time only)!
PARTY🥳🥳🥳🥳
IN 3, 2, 1.....
READY, SET LAUNCH!!!!
WE'RE LIVE!!!!
GET YOUR OWN COPY

Chapter 8.

12.6K 482 50
By jolante424

He's gone.

That's the first thing I come to know, when I wake up in the morning. It's like he was never here, though his scent still lingers in the room.

I am a little disappointed I must say, his presence had brought a sense of security, calmness, and goodness, of having my mate close to me.

Walking to the bathroom for my morning routine, I look at myself in the mirror for the first time after a long time. Brown eyes stare back at me, and I give myself a moment, to reflect on how long it had been since I was free. I'd been isolated at home for so many years, and when the time comes to actually be free, I end up at my mate's land and again, no sense of freedom befalls me.

I'd longed to just roam around a place, to experience new things or even meet new people, but of course, I'd been prevented from doing so.

I even miss my nana, who had given me a sense of normalcy, even with the limited time I've had with her. The time alone will forever be the best memory I'll have. Maybe I should request from Ronan to atleast see her, even if I stay for two nights. I miss her terribly and I need her advice on how to handle certain things, since entering into this stage, where I've met my mate.

I know that I've finally begun in the path I'd been destined to walk on, I just need advice on what more I need to do, to fulfil what was set for me.

My life is not really my own, for I am living on borrowed time. I'd seen my fate and where my last will be drawn. No one knows of this, apart from my Nana and me, and I want it to stay that way, until the right time comes for me to do so.

I hear a knock on the door, just as I walk out of the bathroom.

"Come in."

The door opens and in enters an elderly lady, with long, black-grey hair, that's tied in a ponytail.

" I wanted to see this for myself." She mutters, her blue eyes taking me all in, while I stand on my spot and watch her. The only thing I'm able to sense from her, is her good nature, yet mysterious ways.

She speaks up once again, before I can. " Oh, I do apologise for not introducing myself, Luna."

I blush at the term. " My name is Athena and I am Mica's grandmother."

I'm quick to move from where I am, where I stand before her and offer a small bow, as a sign of respect. " I apologise, for you are my elder and -----------"

" Oh no dear, please rise up." She says, placing her hand on my shoulder.

Standing up right, I see a fond smile on her face, which almost wavers when her eyes look around the room.

Her eyes hold curiosity, when they come back to me. I know that she's wondering why I'm here, instead of her grandson's room.

" I'm sorry for the mess, I wasn't up yet and not expecting anyone." I speak up, just to divert the topic.

"Oh no worries, I'm at fault for just showing up. I was too excited to wait. Please, let's take a seat shall we?" She guides me to the bed, where we face each other.

" If you don't mind me asking, how did you know that I was your grandson's mate?"

" I heard from Wendy. She comes by every now and then to check up on me, and tidy up for me, even though I told my grandson that I was capable of taking care of myself. " She rolls her eyes at that. " Something about what she said, sparked my interests."

"What did she say?"

"Well, she said that though the pack, meaning the few who had crossed your path, had been uncertain about your visit, your presence alone, didn't irk danger. It was an unknown calmness. "

Strong words.

I believe it's one of the gifts I'd been given, that I wouldn't need to introduce myself to my respective pack, but that the connection would automatically happen, something would be built between us.

I refrain from telling her, but find myself rather interested in listening to her, and her findings about me being her grandson's mate.

"Just standing behind your door felt right. Something told me that you were indeed his mate, though I am quite curious, as to why you are here and not in the respected room."

I've been trying to avoid this topic, but I guess we have reached it once again.

"Your grandson is not ready yet and I respect his decision." I tell her as kindly as I can, just to ease her worry.

I wouldn't want her to hear about the events that took place, between the alpha and I. She would be greatly disturbed, I can sense it. She has such a soft heart towards mates and the bond, yet strong in defense, when danger looms.

" I don't understand the hesitation. He's finally been blessed with his other half, yet he chooses to put everything on hold. His grandfather certainly didn't waste anytime." I blush hard at that.

Gosh, she sure has a mouth.

The glint in her eyes, tells me that mischievousness also reigns in her bones.

" Well, all relationships differ in their progression, you received an eager mate."

She laughs, nodding.

"He was so possessive. Gosh, I even tried to escape from him once, just to get some air , but then he caught me with one leg out the window. I was on lockdown for two weeks and he never left my side. Not that I minded." She wiggles her brows at me, making me laugh.

She is such a character.

She pulls my hand onto her lap, her eyes reflecting curiosity once again.

I wonder what she's curious about now.

" Dear, I don't mean to pry, but I can't help but wonder about your wolf. You see, I'm able to detect the different personalities, each pack member's wolves have, and I can't seem to find yours."

I pull my hand back. The smile slips off my face and my head hangs low in shame .

                              *******

I enter into the kitchen with the elderly lady, Athena, our conversation having taken a lighter topic.

Only four people are occupying it, and that's Travis, Kylie, Evan, and another middle aged woman, I'm yet to know. When we enter, everyone's eyes immediately go to us.

" Ah, I see that all my children are here." She goes on to kiss everyone's cheeks and I smile at that. The love they have for each other, is quite evident.

" Why didn't you tell us you were coming grandma? I would have come to fetch you." Kylie says, in concern.

" I'm quite capable of travelling dear, besides, I had my own agenda of coming here." Grandma Athena turns around to face me, and that's when a smile, makes its way onto her face.

" I see that you've met already." Travis says, gesturing for me to join them at the table.

" I will join you later, I was about to accompany lady Athena, to the awaiting car." I tell him.

" You're leaving already?" Kylie pouts at that.

" Unfortunately yes, I just came for a quick dash here to meet the lu ------" Our eyes are quick to meet, and a look of understanding takes over in her eyes. " Our guest. Yes, our guest, before I travel to the North, you know, for the 3 day fest."

The 3 day Fest is a festival for all elderly people and leaders, a social gathering, where they dine together, reunite with old friends, and such. It's a great thing, which had been started by the North side packs, where it showed respect for all elderly people.

" Oh, I forgot it starts tomorrow." Kylie says.

" Yes, but I just had to see everyone before I take my leave. Well, I should be on my way. Dear, shall we?" She gestures for me to join her.

I nod and she bids everyone goodbye, before we head out of the kitchen. We meet the alpha right at the front door, where he's coming in, followed by two of his men.

He nods, dismissing them before turning to us.

" Micky!" His grandmother chirps up, with opened arms.

" Grandma, don't call me that, I'm not a little boy anymore." He groans out, going over to hug her.

" But you'll always be my little Micky." She says, squishing his cheeks together.

I try to stifle my giggles at the sight of lady Athena, babying the Alpha. His eyes meet mine, and he takes a step back from his grandmother's embrace, his demeanor suddenly changing.

Lady Athena follows his gaze to where I'm standing, her face lightens up and she turns to Mica, whose hard eyes soften, when he looks down at her.

" Why didn't you tell me about your mate?" She asks, excitedly.

" I don't have a mate." He says, walking away after kissing her forehead.

My heart sinks right then and there.

************************************

A chapter done. Thank you for reading.

Tell me what you think of it so far .

I want to hear your thoughts.

Lol my first werewolf story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6M 153K 38
-COMPLETED- Audrey Allen had lived her entire life in the Dark Root pack, and every minute of it had been dreadful. Well, perhaps not every minute of...
121K 4.1K 38
"Strength isn't about how much you can handle before you break; it's about how much you can endure after you've been broken" *** Astria Belle Crawfor...
2.4M 75.2K 46
Cover by @auroralust This book is available on Goodreads under this title Elora Reed has spent the majority of her life being beaten, abused and scre...
173 2 62
My life was never a bore. As half witch, half werewolf, I am undoubtedly one of the most capable beings in the world. A daughter of an Alpha and a si...